Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
All this talk about dark path makes me want to attempt to try it again. Since I kind of skipped over all the dark scenes since I hated doing that stuff to the sweet girls especially Nicki but id probably end up doing the same again and skipping over the scenes haha.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
All this talk about dark path makes me want to attempt to try it again. Since I kind of skipped over all the dark scenes since I hated doing that stuff to the sweet girls especially Nicki but id probably end up doing the same again and skipping over the scenes haha.
Really? Fuck that. Just make a few choices here and there. Don't go all out pyscho.

• Angry
Reactions: Grelk

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I tried a few different things and it seems as though I'm going to have to begrudgingly start a new game. Thanks for the help, even if it wasn't the solution I was hoping for.
Well, I'm not sure if Neon changed the menu text for the different versions, but if he did, and it says "Friends Indeed", you do definitely have the wrong 'vanilla' version and are going to have to find the normal one.

Sorry if you've already done the following, but in case you haven't, once/if you have the normal version of the game, go into your FiN/game folder and make sure there's a 'patch.rpy' file. If there isn't, make one, and paste exactly this into it:
Code:
label patch:
    $ patch = True
    return
Once that file is for sure there, I really do highly recommend that you start a new game; but, if you really don't want to, you can download this mod, stick the .rpa file in your FiN/game folder, load a save game that is BEFORE that specific Ashe option comes up, press alt + m, go to search tab, search 'patch', change value to true, and hit the 'change' button to confirm. This will only affect your current save and any future ones that you make of that specific game; it won't affect any of your other separate saves that didn't have patch enabled, so you'll have to do it for those as well if you want to enable the patch. Starting a new game with the 'patch.rpy' file avoids the need to do this mod step btw, this is just a workaround for current saves. You may still get bugs later on until you start a fresh game that has patch on from the start. Sorry if none of this helped.

Last edited:

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if Neon changed the menu text for the different versions, but if he did, and it says "Friends Indeed", you do definitely have the wrong 'vanilla' version and are going to have to find the normal one.

Sorry if you've already done the following, but in case you haven't, once/if you have the normal version of the game, go into your FiN/game folder and make sure there's a 'patch.rpy' file. If there isn't, make one, and paste exactly this into it:
Code:
label patch:
    $ patch = True
    return
Once that file is for sure there, I really do highly recommend that you start a new game; but, if you really don't want to, you can download this mod, stick the .rpa file in your FiN/game folder, load a save game that is BEFORE that specific Ashe option comes up, press alt + m, go to search tab, search 'patch', change value to true, and hit the 'change' button to confirm. This will only affect your current save and any future ones that you make of that specific game; it won't affect any of your other separate saves that didn't have patch enabled, so you'll have to do it for those as well if you want to enable the patch. Starting a new game with the 'patch.rpy' file avoids the need to do this mod step btw, this is just a workaround for current saves. You may still get bugs later on until you start a fresh game that has patch on from the start. Sorry if none of this helped.
I had the right version. I started again just to make sure and it has the dark content listed in the walkthrough. I'll just have to skip through is all.

Again cheers for the help.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I had the right version. I started again just to make sure and it has the dark content listed in the walkthrough. I'll just have to skip through is all.

Again cheers for the help.
You still have the choices to not take the dark choices. It's not all or skip.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i tried out the dark path a bit ago, and i really didn't like the way mc treated Nicki, other than the talk with her dickhead bf while he was fucking her, that part was awesome. should have had that in the non dark path in my opinion. that's definately a good way for mc to get back at that asshole for using Nicki to get money from him. especially after the way he treats her after he gives her the initial 20k. Brent is a loser and Nicki did well in leaving him, even if she made the wrong choice in not going back to Guy after that.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
i tried out the dark path a bit ago, and i really didn't like the way mc treated Nicki, other than the talk with her dickhead bf while he was fucking her, that part was awesome. should have had that in the non dark path in my opinion. that's definately a good way for mc to get back at that asshole for using Nicki to get money from him. especially after the way he treats her after he gives her the initial 20k. Brent is a loser and Nicki did well in leaving him, even if she made the wrong choice in not going back to Guy after that.
I think that calling Brent while fucking her is possible without choosing the dark choices, but you have to make very specific choices.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes