atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
a GREAT update! Solid story, great graphics. Love how the story with Nikky is going on (with the good choiches).
Neon finds the right story for her, now she's a little slut, but not too much. I love how her character is described.
The dark path in the swimsuit shop is WOW, I play it for curiosity, then I come back.
Beatiful game, thanks dev.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Played it now. Have to say, I'm impressed. I played a few variations and I have to say, Gabby and Viola are both very hot. I like to see much more of them in the future.

As for all three paths (good, manipulating via money and rape in Ch1) for Nicki, they have some sort of appeal in their own way, but I like the good path the most. Considering her new style, I still have mixed feelings. If she will be the assistant of Guy in the future, she needs to change. I said it in my comment after she reapeard at the end of Ch2 and I say it again, I don't like her tattoos and would like it, if we get at least the chance to revert them, too. It doesn't need to be in the next 2-3 Chapters, but at some point, preferable not only in the last or second to last chapter. It would make at least a little bit of sense, if Guy would consider it as soon as she takes over a more active role as Guys assistant and a representativ of the the foundation. She has potential to be a real LI for a real relationship on the good path, maybe also on the manipulating one, too, here more like a Master-Servant relationship. But on the dark path, Guy did too much damage to her, I don't think she is able to forgive him to enter a real relationship. On this path I see her only get more abused, which she ultimatly not really deserves, if I'm being honest. I will still try the path to see, how depraved Guy can get.

Viola is a very sweet girl and I felt bad for her on the dark and manipulative path, especially after she told Guy on the latter, why she agreed to all of this. She is clearly someone who I want to take care of. Provided she didn't lie about her mom of course.

Gabby is quite kinky, the scene varations were very hot. She surely knows what she wants, but I fear that she is not very patient and might screw up, so that Madison learns the truth about her and Guy. That story has a lot of potential to backfire and create drama. But we will see, if Guy can control that little minx.

Madison needs clearly a firm hand, she is too focused on the book shop and her shitty husband. The little encounter in this update was the first good step on either path. Again, we will see, if Guy can manage to control her.

The encounters with Mason, I don't have a clear opinion at all for now. The scenes were too short and we don't know anything about him yet.

Cassies seems to be very attractive, i can't wait to meet her. That's everything I can say for now about her.

Same goes for Carolina, very attractive and helpful, with a little bundle of energy named Maya. Maya acted really cute. It's sad that those two have to deal with an asshole, that is related to them. Hopefully Guy can help them.

Overall the pictures of the girls in the socialmedia app were all quite hot though.

All in all, I liked the update and I hope we can bury Fuckface alive, he deserves much worse. He deserves the hell on Earth. I want to cut him into small little pieces while he is still alive and feed those pieces to himself. I know, I may go over board right now, but yeah, I think you get the idea. I can't wait to lay my hands on Ch4. I still wish you ongoing success with your VN and hope it turns out to be what you envisioned it to be, when you first started. See you soon.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I would never shot Mordin in the back or betray my brother Wrex or break Tali's heart in Mass Effect. No way i would do the evil rapist route here too. :cool::p

Reactions: Boogie

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Friends in Need - Chapter Three (v0.32) aka Ch.3.2

DOWNLOAD:
|||
DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

Hey, friends! I'd hoped to have this expanded, finished version of Chapter Three out sooner, but life happened. Still, here it is!
This is largely like the Beta, but it has some cleaned up/replaced images for Chapter Two, and fixed a variety of broken images, typos, and variables in Chapter Three.

More importantly, it adds two new events, both in Chapter Three. The first can be accessed during Viola's fashion show, while the other is part of the evening event where Guy's peeping at girls on his cell phone.

IMPORTANT: Please start a new game from the end of Chapter Two, and use those save files for future games. This version adds important code variables to the game, that were not present for the Beta.

I also added a little text thing to the end of the chapter, showing how certain girls feel about you, by the time the chapter has ended. Once I redo Chapter One, I'll make this standard for each chapter, and it'll be accompanied by some art. But for right now, it's just a little placeholder measure.

Also, a fan created another patch, which will now allow you to name your save-files within the game. I've attached it below after testing it with the PC version. Just place the "screens" file in your "game" folder, and allow it to over-write the existing file. I'll work on integrating this into the game with the next version, along with some other planned features, like character headshots beside their dialogue, and outlined text.

With this chapter complete, I finally have a little breathing room to work on back-end stuff.
Alright, that's all for now! See you back here tomorrow for your regularly-scheduled Dev Update!

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
I was finally able to finish new chapter and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot. Obviously it was too short but oh well... :p Great work!

The whole Nicki thing, damn, I don't remember when I had last time so mixed feelings about girl in VN, but that's a good thing, and don't get me wrong, I like her but it's... complicated I guess... kind of realistic feeling I would say :p. I know many people don't like her but I just can't hate her, I can get angry at what she did but I can also understand her way of thinking, life is not that simple after all.
It's kind of weird that in "evil" playthrough you can abuse her but as long as you don't call her for phone scene game tell you "she is your friend", unless something bugged on my save.

Gabby - did only love path for her (I assume there is no other one for her in this update) and it's kind of cute but I feel (and I assume that was intentional and it's not only because of my bad English) that MC is just far less serious abut it than her - or maybe it's just me? She is also supposed to have a male dom path in the future right?

Viola - seems to be a nice girl, really looking froward for her good route, the money control may be interesting as well, as for the pure evil... it's weird, it's basically same as for Ashe (and Nicki I guess) but it hit me much harder. But I never was good with pure evil routes in games. Thankfully it's just an option (and I don't plan to use it). :)

Also looking froward for more Brittani... honestly I'm looking for more of every girl we saw so far... really curious how it all go, especially wilt multiple lovers and no harem tag. :p
I'm also curious what other tags/kinks we can expect in the future, I'm especially hopping for one... or maybe two... and I'm not talking about "harem". :p

Jan 7, 2022
If I stick to the whole version numbers (4.0, 5.0) will I never be faced with choosing between never seeing some content or picking through old saves to try to find one at the beginning of a previous chapter and then playing through a ton of stuff I've seen while on the lookout for new stuff that happens to be on the good guy path?

This release strategy kinda blows.

• Angry
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I just wanna say NeonGhosts that your rendering talent from Chp 1 and on has really grown unbelievably better.... really nice, man, those pics are gorgeous and really add to the atmosphere.

And also, as someone who really loves Gabby's path and plays it gleefully, but not very into her appearance tbh, I really dig the new hair and I personally think it suits her better. It's not sexy cornrows, but it's an improvement :D Er, for me anyways, hope you don't take my opinion the wrong way :D

EDIT: and also, to all the guys commenting about saves and replaying etc., just skip everything until choices, it will literally take you all of 5 mins at most to arrive where you left off. that's less time than it would take to try and fix the save errors :D trust me, it's faster

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I was finally able to finish new chapter and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot. Obviously it was too short but oh well... :p Great work!

The whole Nicki thing, damn, I don't remember when I had last time so mixed feelings about girl in VN, but that's a good thing, and don't get me wrong, I like her but it's... complicated I guess... kind of realistic feeling I would say :p. I know many people don't like her but I just can't hate her, I can get angry at what she did but I can also understand her way of thinking, life is not that simple after all.
It's kind of weird that in "evil" playthrough you can abuse her but as long as you don't call her for phone scene game tell you "she is your friend", unless something bugged on my save.

Gabby - did only love path for her (I assume there is no other one for her in this update) and it's kind of cute but I feel (and I assume that was intentional and it's not only because of my bad English) that MC is just far less serious abut it than her - or maybe it's just me? She is also supposed to have a male dom path in the future right?

Viola - seems to be a nice girl, really looking froward for her good route, the money control may be interesting as well, as for the pure evil... it's weird, it's basically same as for Ashe (and Nicki I guess) but it hit me much harder. But I never was good with pure evil routes in games. Thankfully it's just an option (and I don't plan to use it). :)

Also looking froward for more Brittani... honestly I'm looking for more of every girl we saw so far... really curious how it all go, especially wilt multiple lovers and no harem tag. :p
I'm also curious what other tags/kinks we can expect in the future, I'm especially hopping for one... or maybe two... and I'm not talking about "harem". :p
Me when someone says my 1366 image update was too short: :cry: (Joking - I feel the same way when I play the new releases of my faves..)

I'm glad so many people have been able to sympathize with Nicki, while still being a bit wary of her. I think it's fair to want her to prove herself to you, before you can really trust her again. As for her attitude towards you, I have this view of Nicki that she's been in a series of abusive relationships (as victims of abuse commonly are), and she's accustomed to normalizing them. Take the bit where she makes you a sandwich. If she likes you, she's just being nice. If she fears you, she's doing something abuse victims commonly do, and trying to put you in a good mood so you're not terrible to her. As for considering you a friend, that's really just kind of her neutral path for now. As long as you don't call her into your bedroom, she's still hoping she can salvage a friendship of some kind with you.

I think with Gabby, it's less that the MC isn't into her, and more that she's REALLY into him. She's young, full of hormones, and everything in her life seems incredibly romantic and dramatic. MC has a bit more of a reserved outlook. He likes her, but it's only been two days, and the situation is kind of a minefield.

If this game is going to have one perfect precious cinnamon roll character, it'll probably be Viola.

I should really look at the tags again. It's missing a few things now. Rest assured, this is going to be a harem for a little while. I don't know if you'll be able to end with a harem, but I'm not going to constrain anyone from pursuing multiple girls.

If I stick to the whole version numbers (4.0, 5.0) will I never be faced with choosing between never seeing some content or picking through old saves to try to find one at the beginning of a previous chapter and then playing through a ton of stuff I've seen while on the lookout for new stuff that happens to be on the good guy path?

This release strategy kinda blows.
Hey, sorry, not trying to be rude - the double negative is making this sentence really hard for me to parse. Are you talking about your saves being broken, or just the way the multiple choices work, possibly cutting you of from content, or the fact that I just released an extra "3.2" version, orrrr..?

If it's the saves issue, I'm working on it. I understand it's frustrating, but I'd ask you to bear with me a bit. I'm one guy who'd never coded or used DAZ prior to a few months ago, and I'm learning bothh on the job. This is my third release, and I'm still finding my feet on the tech side. A bit like learning how to build a bike while I'm already on it and rolling down a hill.. In an ideal world I'd have someone who could code this thing while I did the writing and art. But then I'd be reliant on someone else to conform to my at-times demanding schedule, and I'm not going to do that.

I had my patrons Beta testing the near-finished version for a couple weeks before it came out, and only one person mentioned they had issues with their saves, despite plenty of other bug reports being turned in. That said, I'm honestly wondering if using one version of Ren'py to compile Chapter Two, and using a different version to compile Chapter Three, is what caused the issue with save files. I've created a bunch of save files throughout the game to try with the next version, and I'll be more diligent about checking them to make sure nothing breaks. I didn't have this issue going from Chapter One to Chapter Two, both of which were compiled with my old laptop/prior version of Ren'py, so I have to imagine that's what's caused these issues.

I just wanna say NeonGhosts that your rendering talent from Chp 1 and on has really grown unbelievably better.... really nice, man, those pics are gorgeous and really add to the atmosphere.

And also, as someone who really loves Gabby's path and plays it gleefully, but not very into her appearance tbh, I really dig the new hair and I personally think it suits her better. It's not sexy cornrows, but it's an improvement :D Er, for me anyways, hope you don't take my opinion the wrong way :D

EDIT: and also, to all the guys commenting about saves and replaying etc., just skip everything until choices, it will literally take you all of 5 mins at most to arrive where you left off. that's less time than it would take to try and fix the save errors :D trust me, it's faster
Thanks so much! I've certainly been trying to do more with camera angles, soft focus, etc.

As for Gabby, the straight blonde is actually her old look.. A certain ex-boyfriend wanted her with straight blonde hair.. I do love that hair on her, though. I'm planning to put up a poll tomorrow on my Patreon to choose a new style for her, for a future chapter. Here's some early contenders.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If this game is going to have one perfect precious cinnamon roll character, it'll probably be Viola.
:p :p :p
57642830.jpg
Anyone who threatens Viola will be feed to a thresher maw! :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad so many people have been able to sympathize with Nicki, while still being a bit wary of her. I think it's fair to want her to prove herself to you, before you can really trust her again. As for her attitude towards you, I have this view of Nicki that she's been in a series of abusive relationships (as victims of abuse commonly are), and she's accustomed to normalizing them. Take the bit where she makes you a sandwich. If she likes you, she's just being nice. If she fears you, she's doing something abuse victims commonly do, and trying to put you in a good mood so you're not terrible to her. As for considering you a friend, that's really just kind of her neutral path for now. As long as you don't call her into your bedroom, she's still hoping she can salvage a friendship of some kind with you.
I think you did a good job on making Nicki feel like a problematic person who was jumping from one bad relationship to the next until she reach Guy again after those three months (paragon player here :p ) .

Jan 7, 2022
<snip>
Hey, sorry, not trying to be rude - the double negative is making this sentence really hard for me to parse. Are you talking about your saves being broken, or just the way the multiple choices work, possibly cutting you of from content, or the fact that I just released an extra "3.2" version, orrrr..?

If it's the saves issue, I'm working on it. I understand it's frustrating, but I'd ask you to bear with me a bit. I'm one guy who'd never coded or used DAZ prior to a few months ago, and I'm learning bothh on the job. This is my third release, and I'm still finding my feet on the tech side. A bit like learning how to build a bike while I'm already on it and rolling down a hill.. In an ideal world I'd have someone who could code this thing while I did the writing and art. But then I'd be reliant on someone else to conform to my at-times demanding schedule, and I'm not going to do that.

I had my patrons Beta testing the near-finished version for a couple weeks before it came out, and only one person mentioned they had issues with their saves, despite plenty of other bug reports being turned in. That said, I'm honestly wondering if using one version of Ren'py to compile Chapter Two, and using a different version to compile Chapter Three, is what caused the issue with save files. I've created a bunch of save files throughout the game to try with the next version, and I'll be more diligent about checking them to make sure nothing breaks. I didn't have this issue going from Chapter One to Chapter Two, both of which were compiled with my old laptop/prior version of Ren'py, so I have to imagine that's what's caused these issues.
<snip>
Will sticking to full chapter releases (4.0, 5.0) give me the traditional user experience? Download and play from your most recent save? All the content is there?

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Will sticking to full chapter releases (4.0, 5.0) give me the traditional user experience? Download and play from your most recent save? All the content is there?
Ohhh, gotcha.

Ideally, wait for the one labeled the full/public release on my Patreon. You may have missed it, but I posted the link to the 3.1 just as a courtesy just so people would have something to play on Friday night. I mentioned that it wasn’t the final version, and people should wait until I updated the thread properly if they wanted the full experience

But, someone posted it to the latest updates section without specifying it was a Beta, as stated on my Patreon.

Sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: Doobiedoobiedoooo
Jan 7, 2022
Ohhh, gotcha.

Ideally, wait for the one labeled the full/public release on my Patreon. You may have missed it, but I posted the link to the 3.1 just as a courtesy just so people would have something to play on Friday night. I mentioned that it wasn’t the final version, and people should wait until I updated the thread properly if they wanted the full experience

But, someone posted it to the latest updates section without specifying it was a Beta, as stated on my Patreon.

Sorry for the confusion!
Got it, thank you.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
As for Gabby, the straight blonde is actually her old look.. A certain ex-boyfriend wanted her with straight blonde hair.. I do love that hair on her, though. I'm planning to put up a poll tomorrow on my Patreon to choose a new style for her, for a future chapter. Here's some early contenders.
Ahhh, I see, my bad! Haven't played your update quite yet. I'm not a patron (though plan to be at some point when my financial situation is more secure!) so I guess I'll just have to hope your investors choose wisely :D

• Red Heart

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
This is my favorite one, the second to last or the blond look from the phone pictures would be also my choice. I'm a bit old school maybe, when it comes to hair styles, but everyone has specific taste, right? :sneaky:
Anyway, for me it it won't matter that much which hair styles she will get, as long as it's no complete extrem (e.g. iro, completly shaved) and her personality stays as it is, respectively develops along the course in a healthy way. I wouldn't like it if she would be in one scene how she is now and in the next scene she behaves like a complete new person.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

All I gotta ask is to keep the shaved head look, because it legit suits her far better than the long hair that covers both sides of her head. Also feel the wavy/curly/dreadlocks suit her better than straight hair.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
Viola got violated, heh.
Hopefully the seed of evil takes hold.

Last edited:

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
The new update was great but considering how many renders it was said to have it felt a bit short.
Also the scenes weren't too many.
I get first was taking care of the issue with Nicki. In the evil path I am kinda confused, like we did all those terrible things but she still accepts them since this is her only way to survive? I feel like the evil path should've had more tensions between the two and less of a "I'll accept my fate" on Nicki's side. At least for now, it could've come later in the game. I'm not too sure but I made sure to reject her for now in the good path since I felt like we became too much of a white knight. The story it turned out to become was actually pretty nice.

Now there's the homeless guy "Mason" I think was his name. I don't know wether he's actually a boy or he's a girl butt with his clothes just has been misunderstood as a boy. Or whatever it is. Just hope futas/gay and what's inbetween is optional.

Having Gabby in the good path was awesome with how eager she is but I feel like it would be better to not have a direct relationship with her and to actually let her know about. I mean we are screwing around with others.

Brittani and Viola are great additions to be seen in the near future. The little bit we saw of Viola in the evil path was already quite a lot so a bit more in the good path would be great.

Conclusion:
Felt a bit short after reading about the amount of renders. The content was well set but still has some flaws in the evil path with Nicki and some in the good path with Gabby, although they are not limited to them. The good path should have more of a "Person to rely on" setting rather a "Shining Knight in white armor" since we are mostly investing in people and their lifes. We have some two promising prospects in Brittani and Viola, which could also become additions to Gabby, together with even her stepmom. Lots of promising stuff.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
really disappointed how Nicki as handled, MC goes too easy on her even on dark path, i wish there were an option to just close a door on her and permanently remove her from the game, i'm fine to sacrifice all content with her just to tell her to fuck off

Mason have similar model as one of the tgirls from Family Affair, but i feel she just natural girl hiding as dude

Last edited:
Reactions: Majindevil

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
I'm glad so many people have been able to sympathize with Nicki.
Well, I would say that writing character that people react so different is a great success, it's also kind of refreshing that she is not easy to categorize, at least for me.

I should really look at the tags again.
I was more about future tags, I hope for one or two that are not in the game but they could fit nicely, but it's just my hope, not everyone would like to see them I guess. :p

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes