PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Wait, it has that shit and no ntr tag?
No, this thread has a bunch of random trolls buzzing around making shit up. This game's never going to have NTR. It might have sharing in the future. And everything will be sequenced behind the most obvious choices in the world. The dev isn't stupid.

To be fair it's a GAME. In a game you can be like Rambo, Batman, James Bond, etc...
It's not that kind of a game and the writing has already clearly setup the rules it's going for, which is mostly grounded in what you'd expect in the real world, albeit with certain exceptions.

I agree with you except I kind of expect more direct action in a game. It’s not like this game hasn’t been somewhat unrealistic in certain scenarios either.
Gunning someone down in any of this game's situations is about the least realistic thing I can imagine.

To all of the ideas kindly donated in this thread: they would make the game fucking stupid lmfao :LOL: Like no offense, but none of ya'll are good writers, just stop

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll admit, I thought about adding a disclaimer, trigger warning, etc. at the top of the update for mentions of suicide and images of sexual abuse, but I opted not to. If you play Friends Indeed, you only see the guys approaching Ginger, and then MC's face as he reacts to what he's seeing. After talking with my Discord community, I'm going to edit Friends in Need so that it defaults to the Friends Indeed version, unless you have the full-content enabled. I'm also planning to put chapter-break cards in, and Chapter 9's will have a content warning with the option to temporarily enable "vanilla" mode for that scene. That won't be immediate, but I'll get it in there before Chapter 10's release.

Personally, I felt it was important to show the scene in full -- but I understand if people disagree. I kept it a little more subdued with "Kansas" and the girl on Risa's phone, because I felt the point had already been made.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of it, though! Once the public release is out, I'll be happy to come back and further discuss some the chapter's events.

Speaking of, the $5 update drops tomorrow. Still working on getting some extra content (read: sexual positions) added for Risa, but I'm also trying to enjoy brief respite from being chained to my PC, so it's a little slow-going for now.
No problem, i've followed the game since the first release, it's become one of my favorite VN's on this site.

Personally speaking a choice of "Summary" and "View full Scene" right as Lucian hands you the camera and what you described with Guy holding the camera and his reactions to what he's seen with Lucian providing voice over for it would be perfect for me. You get to hate Lucian without being forced to see it happen.

I like to play with the patch installed, even if I play as a 'relatively' good Guy. (I do misgender Mason, I am going to hell for it, but I love her and want to take care of her.). So hopefully the "Friends Indeed" switch only pertains to that and still lets the player have full agency over Guy.

I will check back when chapter10 pops up.

Reactions: sagerock820

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I see catboy pics in the file. How do we get them in game?
You need to drag Risa to the cafe instead of the room. This will give you a chance to text Mason and then promise to take him to get glasses. When you do, ask him if he would like to have some fun before that. If you have a good relationship he will text you the pics.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Holy fuck that's the last time I download the taboo content patch for this game. Too much time thinking of "taboo content" as "kinky, everyone has a good time, but not in ways Patreon might be happy with." As opposed to "now I'm just fucking angry over fiction, which is dumb, but it makes me think of bad shit that really happens." Total mood-killer. Now I need brain-bleach.

I really, really hope this game gives us the opportunity for some heavy-ass payback on Lucien and his heavy.

Last edited:

komfolk

Aug 29, 2022
You need to drag Risa to the cafe instead of the room. This will give you a chance to text Mason and then promise to take him to get glasses. When you do, ask him if he would like to have some fun before that. If you have a good relationship he will text you the pics.
you dont need to take risa to the cafe, i did both cafe and hotel, and was still able to text mason

Reactions: Orlox

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Well this update left me disappointed. It felt like just a way to infuriate the player because really the MC is not armed? I mean mofo is rich and has clearly experienced some of the darker sides of humanity. After this I can't help but look at the MC as little bitch because he didn't fight regardless of which route he's in. Also is anyone else turned off by the gangbang scenes and not expecting them?
American? :)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If fictional rape triggers you maybe you should play without the taboo content activated or just play the more family friendly Patreon version Friends Indeed. I prefer to play good guy and corruption but I think the dark scenes are one of the things that define Friends in Need since the beginning. There is no reason to add trigger warnings nor tone down the more gritty scenes in Friends in Need patched because that's the point of the patch imo.
You have options to play a lighter version of the game, play those.

dudeipoop

Sep 17, 2022
If fictional rape triggers you maybe you should play without the taboo content activated or just play the more family friendly Patreon version Friends Indeed. I prefer to play good guy and corruption but I think the dark scenes are one of the things that define Friends in Need since the beginning. There is no reason to add trigger warnings nor tone down the more gritty scenes in Friends in Need patched because that's the point of the patch imo.
i mean for me the part that makes this game is the dark path. imo, without it, it would just be another game on this site.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I have no problem with the rape choice being in the game, I have a bugged version that did not let me pick the choice to “ignore or help her”so it felt like your character was forced to rape, but others have posted me the choice menu I should have seen if I didn’t get that “exception error” screen

Reactions: Jaffa55 and Anteron

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I have no problem with the rape choice being in the game, I have a bugged version that did not let me pick the choice to “ignore or help her”so it felt like your character was forced to rape, but others have posted me the choice menu I should have seen if I didn’t get that “exception error” screen
The answer is only 3 posts above yours, bro. Just 3 posts above yours.

'mkay?

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hmmm, I dunno. I can kinda see it... an eager man with a vanilla taste; he sets up a full FiN patched game to avoid the censorship from the patreon overlords. He's having the time of his life churning his howdy-doody dick to his little waifus when all of the sudden Lucien sequence :eek:

I do honestly feel bad for them lol. It's probably a huge gut-wrenching gross-out for a lot of people, even the ones who just read for story.

But Neon basically confirmed he's going to add the options, so eh, more choice = more happy people, no sweat off our back :)

Reactions: Feyd

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I haven't played the update, but I read there was a rape scene?
I think you all know what I will choose when I play.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dreddhead

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
A short message to every complainer:

1. Didn't I tell you to wait for the public release?

2. whining because MC doesn't carry a gun, huh? I guess he ain't livin' in America, 'mkay?

3. whining because you're playing the asshole route and you can't help the girl, huh? ooh, poor lad... the walkthrough has been updated, so grab it and read it, 'mkay?

4. check whether you're playing the Friends Indeed version or the Friends in Need version - just check the title screen, bruh - and check whether you installed the taboo patch and made it work by editing it, 'mkay?

Now shoo and stop whining like a toddler.

'mkay?

TBH if you have to leave the game to read a walkthrough to not have an unwanted scene, that's not acceptable. It needs to be in game.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
You don't need a walkthrough the game gives you a clear option to help her or not
What about preventing her from being raped at all? I haven't played this yet (as in this game at all - waiting for a non-beta), and if that's something in and not given a choice to prevent, not interested.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes