Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I’ve got a couple hundred people on the “playtester” tier, and not one of them had an issue with that “bug,” so I’m going to guess it’s a matter of someone using UnRen and then getting mad when they fucked with the script, causing it to break.

I’m not a great coder, but even I can’t fuck up a simple menu option linked to a True/False variable.

As for MC needing a bodyguard.. Shit, why didn’t Lethal Weapon just end with Mel Gibson calling in the SWAT team to shoot Gary Busey? Is he stupid??

This completely puts aside that this very problem of MC worrying about his safety is highlighted in the story. We see him reflect on his bad luck and his need to be more prepared, and then he.. Takes steps to do it.

You know, progressing the story in a natural way, and not just opening the story with Agent 47 constantly following him.
I understand that sometimes you have to take some liberties to make a story interesting. But after the butter knife incident + that other little fag punch Guy should know that in his new line of work he can face violent situations.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
oh my! Risa story is like Nikki story part 2 as in it's a rollercoaster for me when i read it

neon ghost is a great writer
glad it's worth it small bits and pieces ive read makes me want to play this update but since this isn't the full update but just a playtest build im doing my best to wait until it's actually out.

Reactions: rogokin

camube

Jun 4, 2022
glad it's worth it small bits and pieces ive read makes me want to play this update but since this isn't the full update but just a playtest build im doing my best to wait until it's actually out.
Yeah in my opinion he's one of the best renpy AVN writer. It's pretty crazy how good he is, especially considering how many characters are there in Friends in Need.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
For the life of me, I’ll never understand people who’d rather ask a dozen questions and waffle for days over whether they should play something, when they could’ve just downloaded it and tried it. :)

I understand that sometimes you have to take some liberties to make a story interesting. But after the butter knife incident + that other little punch Guy should know that in his new line of work he can face violent situations.
It’s easy to forget due to the update schedule, but in-game the incidents with Jamie and Eric occurred over the span of like.. Three days? Four? Even if he WANTED to get a gun or hire a bodyguard, I’m not sure he could do it in that amount of time, while juggling half a dozen other things.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Oh, if it's one of those ones where 1 or 2 choices lock you out of a path, I'm definitely not interested.
Wow actions and choices have lasting effects and consequences.. who knew... :rolleyes:
Tbh the diverging paths and choices that matter are a good things in the games, especially when they are all well written and not half asses but instead top quality down each route...If you want to miss out on a great game because of something the dev does that gives it replay value, that's you missing out and not us...

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
It’s easy to forget due to the update schedule, but in-game the incidents with Jamie and Eric occurred over the span of like.. Three days? Four? Even if he WANTED to get a gun or hire a bodyguard, I’m not sure he could do it in that amount of time, while juggling half a dozen other things.
Sounds like the people want to put some LI on pause while guy goes to the gun store and waits in the apartment for any paperwork that needs to filed :HideThePain:

Even on top of time being an issue in having gotten/getting a bodyguard there's also the issue of the stuff guy does.... on either path.

As a pureboi is the guard just standing outside the apartment door while guy is doing some incest rp with ashe? Is he sitting with Guy and Nicki on their date is he at another table? Maybe he could actually keep Mason company so that's a win at least. On the dark path guy would want a bodyguard that was "less scrupulous" which i feel like would make the search for Guy a bit harder.

Also how would YOU show us the bodyguard? Always in shot with guy and whoever? Implied offscreen? Seems like extra work and consideration and honestly a headache for both parties involved.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
For the life of me, I’ll never understand people who’d rather ask a dozen questions and waffle for days over whether they should play something, when they could’ve just downloaded it and tried it. :)

In most states in the US you just need a valid ID and to pass a standard background check, in and out in about 30min if the stores not busy. Edit: for a gun, to clarify

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Guy has been rich and famous for some time now, also he comes from a poor background so he should know better.
After becoming rich and a public figure having at least a gun for personal protection is a no brainer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Time downloading and don't want to waste time on something they won't like, after being burned too many times...

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
In most states in the US you just need a valid ID and to pass a standard background check, in and out in about 30min if the stores not busy. Edit: for a gun, to clarify
Damn I was hoping there was a bodyguard store I hadn't heard about. How useful would that gun be to guy? Maybe kept him from getting a black eye? But with lucien? Guy having a gun just makes things worse, sure he can (possibly) defend himself but it also makes lucien go from "lol get out of my drug den pew pew pew" to "I'm going to kill this man because that gun can kill me"

Assuming big chungus glasses edition doesn't take the gun from guy (he would)

Time downloading and don't want to waste time on something they won't like, after being burned too many times...
Is this post uh..... not a waste of time?

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Wow actions and choices have lasting effects and consequences.. who knew... :rolleyes:
Tbh the diverging paths and choices that matter are a good things in the games, especially when they are all well written and not half asses but instead top quality down each route...If you want to miss out on a great game because of something the dev does that gives it replay value, that's you missing out and not us...
Except when it's there's something you don't like and choosing not to see that 1 thing locks you out of everything for the rest of the game...

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I honestly like that guy doesn't have a gun it would him seem boring to me I like him how he is. Sure a gun probably make sense but unless the gun usage is limited I think a gun would be too easy for guy in some situations. Not just that I can see it making things worst or more dangerous for guy too in some situations if guy goes for a gun just because he can. Tho it would make the dark path way more dark and interesting for some players.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Sounds like the people want to put some LI on pause while guy goes to the gun store and waits in the apartment for any paperwork that needs to filed :HideThePain:

Even on top of time being an issue in having gotten/getting a bodyguard there's also the issue of the stuff guy does.... on either path.

As a pureboi is the guard just standing outside the apartment door while guy is doing some incest rp with ashe? Is he sitting with Guy and Nicki on their date is he at another table? Maybe he could actually keep Mason company so that's a win at least. On the dark path guy would want a bodyguard that was "less scrupulous" which i feel like would make the search for Guy a bit harder.

Also how would YOU show us the bodyguard? Always in shot with guy and whoever? Implied offscreen? Seems like extra work and consideration and honestly a headache for both parties involved.
Okay, enough, suspension of disbelief, I get it. :KEK:
I'll shut up, this is a good game with very well written characters and dialogues, and since this is a work of fiction, there is no point in questioning some of the assumptions and simplifications.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Damn I was hoping there was a bodyguard store I hadn't heard about. How useful would that gun be to guy? Maybe kept him from getting a black eye? But with lucien? Guy having a gun just makes things worse, sure he can (possibly) defend himself but it also makes lucien go from "lol get out of my drug den pew pew pew" to "I'm going to kill this man because that gun can kill me"

Assuming big chungus glasses edition doesn't take the gun from guy (he would)

Is this post uh..... not a waste of time?
You can get some very concealable guns, so guy could easily get past the security, and literally palm of your hand size. And before you suggest a small gun is not "powerful", the standard rule is that any gun can be lethal, just like any knife can be lethal, or a rock, but a gun is obviously more dangerous. Now if guy only knew the kamehameha wave.

Reactions: Green83rry

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Okay, enough, suspension of disbelief, I get it. :KEK:
I'll shut up, this is a good game with very well written characters and dialogues, and since this is a work of fiction, there is no point in questioning some of the assumptions and simplifications.
I wasn't going in on you in particular just the general "idea" of a gun will solve everything. Or more the "guy is competent enough to be a badass mc!!!!1" idea. As Guy says in game he's just a dude with a bigger bank account than some.

Unless he mentioned hunting as a kid and I forgot it guy (for sure on a good path) is going to have issues shooting someone in the dome even if they are point blank and his life is at risk :HideThePain: and if he doesn't struggle on the dark path that just means more work for poor tired ole Neon.

You can get some very concealable guns, so guy could easily get past the security, and literally palm of your hand size. And before you suggest a small gun is not "powerful", the standard rule is that any gun can be lethal, just like any knife can be lethal, or a rock, but a gun is obviously more dangerous. Now if guy only knew the kamehameha wave.
So guy also getting a concealed carry permit? Is that the same 30 minutes at the gun store or an extra (I really don't know lol), and yes I've seen the memes of that Lil tiny finger gun as well as those old school "spy" style ones that shoot when you press into someone with your fist (and from durarara!) But let's be real.... guy is going to a gun store they aren't catering to "guns that can sneak past drug dealer security who obviously knows about tiny guns lol".

I always thought it was werid that John Wick killing someone with a pencil was "omg how skilled" because he's a damn assassin and a pencil is a sharp ~6 inch object..... people have eyes the math there is easy. Now is Guy proficient with a gun? Why? And is he proficient in shooting another person? More so than lucien

Edit: guy should learn gun before he uses gun as a get out of jail free card

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999 and armond

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I think galick gun would be more fitting than kamehameha since we are talking about guns :) If he does get a gun tho I think he should learn to use it and not just buy one. I don't take guy as someone that really knows how to use one properly I think he would have the aim / accuracy of stormtrooper unless point blank

• Haha
Reactions: armond and Simpgor

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I wasn't going in on you in particular just the general "idea" of a gun will solve everything. Or more the "guy is competent enough to be a badass mc!!!!1" idea. As Guy says in game he's just a dude with a bigger bank account than some.

Unless he mentioned hunting as a kid and I forgot it guy (for sure on a good path) is going to have issues shooting someone in the dome even if they are point blank and his life is at risk :HideThePain: and if he doesn't struggle on the dark path that just means more work for poor tired ole Neon.

So guy also getting a concealed carry permit? Is that the same 30 minutes at the gun store or an extra (I really don't know lol), and yes I've seen the memes of that Lil tiny finger gun as well as those old school "spy" style ones that shoot when you press into someone with your fist (and from durarara!) But let's be real.... guy is going to a gun store they aren't catering to "guns that can sneak past drug dealer security who obviously knows about tiny guns lol".

I always thought it was werid that John Wick killing someone with a pencil was "omg how skilled" because he's a damn assassin and a pencil is a sharp ~6 inch object..... people have eyes the math there is easy. Now is Guy proficient with a gun? Why? And is he proficient in shooting another person? More so than lucien

Edit: guy should learn gun before he uses gun as a get out of jail free card
A carry permit really does vary by state but a majority of states at this point have "constitutional carry" which is unrestricted open or concealed carry. The smallest production hand guns is a singe action revolver in .22 short, it is tiny and shot placement does matter but a dealers muscle generally won't know about obscure but readily available guns like this. They can fit in an altoids container.
Edit:here's a pic
North-American-Arms-Mini-Revolver-in-22-Short.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
A carry permit really does vary by state but a majority of states at this point have "constitutional carry" which is unrestricted open or concealed carry. The smallest production hand guns is a singe action revolver in .22 short, it is tiny and shot placement does matter but a dealers muscle generally won't know about obscure but readily available guns like this. They can fit in an altoids container.
I'm going to be honest with ya: Any drug dealer that employs a brick shithouse of a man that is clearly WAY more intelligent then he needs to be is checking any containers that guy is bringing in.Not to mention lucien was under the impression that he was another "mark" that Risa was bringing in which would mean his ass is getting checked twice (to make sure there is no way lucien is being entrapped).

Edit: Yes that's the meme finger gun I mentioned, please write a convincing scenario on how in the hell guy gets that out, gets close to lucien, and why lucien isn't getting his much better, more easily accessible gun to shoot guy multiple times in the head :KEK:

Reactions: armond
4.50 star(s) 193 Votes