Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You can get some very concealable guns, so guy could easily get past the security, and literally palm of your hand size. And before you suggest a small gun is not "powerful", the standard rule is that any gun can be lethal, just like any knife can be lethal, or a rock, but a gun is obviously more dangerous. Now if guy only knew the kamehameha wave.
I think galick gun would be more fitting than kamehameha since we are talking about guns :) If he does get a gun tho I think he should learn to use it and not just buy one. I don't take guy as someone that really knows how to use one properly I think he would have the aim / accuracy of stormtrooper unless point blank

• Haha
Reactions: armond and Simpgor

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I wasn't going in on you in particular just the general "idea" of a gun will solve everything. Or more the "guy is competent enough to be a badass mc!!!!1" idea. As Guy says in game he's just a dude with a bigger bank account than some.

Unless he mentioned hunting as a kid and I forgot it guy (for sure on a good path) is going to have issues shooting someone in the dome even if they are point blank and his life is at risk :HideThePain: and if he doesn't struggle on the dark path that just means more work for poor tired ole Neon.

So guy also getting a concealed carry permit? Is that the same 30 minutes at the gun store or an extra (I really don't know lol), and yes I've seen the memes of that Lil tiny finger gun as well as those old school "spy" style ones that shoot when you press into someone with your fist (and from durarara!) But let's be real.... guy is going to a gun store they aren't catering to "guns that can sneak past drug dealer security who obviously knows about tiny guns lol".

I always thought it was werid that John Wick killing someone with a pencil was "omg how skilled" because he's a damn assassin and a pencil is a sharp ~6 inch object..... people have eyes the math there is easy. Now is Guy proficient with a gun? Why? And is he proficient in shooting another person? More so than lucien

Edit: guy should learn gun before he uses gun as a get out of jail free card
A carry permit really does vary by state but a majority of states at this point have "constitutional carry" which is unrestricted open or concealed carry. The smallest production hand guns is a singe action revolver in .22 short, it is tiny and shot placement does matter but a dealers muscle generally won't know about obscure but readily available guns like this. They can fit in an altoids container.
Edit:here's a pic
North-American-Arms-Mini-Revolver-in-22-Short.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
A carry permit really does vary by state but a majority of states at this point have "constitutional carry" which is unrestricted open or concealed carry. The smallest production hand guns is a singe action revolver in .22 short, it is tiny and shot placement does matter but a dealers muscle generally won't know about obscure but readily available guns like this. They can fit in an altoids container.
I'm going to be honest with ya: Any drug dealer that employs a brick shithouse of a man that is clearly WAY more intelligent then he needs to be is checking any containers that guy is bringing in.Not to mention lucien was under the impression that he was another "mark" that Risa was bringing in which would mean his ass is getting checked twice (to make sure there is no way lucien is being entrapped).

Edit: Yes that's the meme finger gun I mentioned, please write a convincing scenario on how in the hell guy gets that out, gets close to lucien, and why lucien isn't getting his much better, more easily accessible gun to shoot guy multiple times in the head :KEK:

Reactions: armond

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I'm going to be honest with ya: Any drug dealer that employs a brick shithouse of a man that is clearly WAY more intelligent then he needs to be is checking any containers that guy is bringing in.Not to mention lucien was under the impression that he was another "mark" that Risa was bringing in which would mean his ass is getting checked twice (to make sure there is no way lucien is being entrapped).

Edit: Yes that's the meme finger gun I mentioned, please write a convincing scenario on how in the hell guy gets that out, gets close to lucien, and why lucien isn't getting his much better, more easily accessible gun to shoot guy multiple times in the head :KEK:
Main character mode activation ;)
He has his back to him multiple times, guy could easily take advantage, he was clearly not threatened by guy. It would be stupid, but wrap it in a condom and shove it up your ass:p, I don't think his security was tsa level. Also just wear briefs and pack it by your balls. Deep concealment.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Main character mode activation ;)
He has his back to him multiple times, guy could easily take advantage, he was clearly not threatened by guy. It would be stupid, but wrap it in a condom and shove it up your ass:p, I don't think his security was tsa level. Also just wear briefs and pack it by your balls. Deep concealment.
Yeah but if guy had his hand down his pants fishing around for a gun he wasn't to using or hiding? I would hope lucien might turn around and be like "uhhhhh...... guy...you got itchy balls or something bro?"

Even if guy used the time he was "alone" (he was being recorded to have the rape setup used as balckmail) lucien/guard/whoever is making sure it's all in frame and shit would see guy pull his pants to ankles get a gun, and then just sit there holding a gun? Keep in mind guy doesn't know he is being watched.....

Reactions: armond

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
The solution isn't to get a gun. The solution is: don't go inside the sketchy drug dealer / rape den to begin with.
Man, that would've been a cool story.

"Would you like to take my call to action?"

"No."

"Oh, okay."

Then we watch Guy sit on the couch and eat Cheetos while a ring of girls beg to be in his harem.

In most states in the US you just need a valid ID and to pass a standard background check, in and out in about 30min if the stores not busy. Edit: for a gun, to clarify
I'm from the midwest, I know about guns. ;D But, FiN is set in a fictional city that's somewhere between Los Angeles, CA and Chicago, IL -- so, who can say what the gun regulations are there? Bigger cities tend to be more stringent.

Guy has been rich and famous for some time now, also he comes from a poor background so he should know better.
After becoming rich and a public figure having at least a gun for personal protection is a no brainer.
Without looking -- who runs the largest charitable organization in your city? Who won the last Mega Millions jackpot? What does the most wanted man in America look like?

If you know any of these, you're way more informed than I am!

Guy's famous to us, because we see him interacting with people who find him interesting. We didn't see that several month gap where Nicki was gone, because he mostly just got to carry on as usual with his life. We're here, at this moment, because it's interesting to see his celebrity begin to catch up with him, because that's interesting. Before that, he was just enjoying his money and charity in peace, without being recognized.

But, even in Chapter 9 there's a new character who sees his name, and her only question if he's related to a guy who owns a local camping supply store. Like he says to Nicki, he's not a celebrity -- he's a regional figure of interest. I live in a city of 130,000 people, and our mayor can often be seen wandering around without bodyguards, and most likely unarmed. It's not crazy to think that someone who isn't like.. Tom Cruise, could get along unbothered. Hell, there's even those viral pictures of Keanu riding the subway without being pestered.

I honestly like that guy doesn't have a gun it would him seem boring to me I like him how he is. Sure a gun probably make sense but unless the gun usage is limited I think a gun would be too easy for guy in some situations.
Sounds like the people want to put some LI on pause while guy goes to the gun store and waits in the apartment for any paperwork that needs to filed :HideThePain:

Even on top of time being an issue in having gotten/getting a bodyguard there's also the issue of the stuff guy does.... on either path.

As a pureboi is the guard just standing outside the apartment door while guy is doing some incest rp with ashe? Is he sitting with Guy and Nicki on their date is he at another table? Maybe he could actually keep Mason company so that's a win at least. On the dark path guy would want a bodyguard that was "less scrupulous" which i feel like would make the search for Guy a bit harder.

Also how would YOU show us the bodyguard? Always in shot with guy and whoever? Implied offscreen? Seems like extra work and consideration and honestly a headache for both parties involved.
And these two comments really highlight the crux of why Guy is how he is -- because it's more interesting. I fucking hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate invincible AVN protagonists who are always the smartest, toughest, strongest, most skilled human being in existence. The kind who can give women orgasms with a sideways glance, before throwing an effortless roundhouse kick that can fell a grizzly bear.

It means nothing if Guy pulls a gun out and shoots Lucien, other than that I've cut off a story before it happened. Like, why not just have him blast him with heat vision, and reveal Guy's actually an X-Man? Why not reveal that Markus was working for Guy the whole time, because he's just that cool and smart and awesome, and he twists Lucien's head off walking away never to be seen again? They all have the same end result.

This is a genre where your victory means nothing, other than that you can use your mouse wheel to reverse a decision. That's it.

So, if I have to choose between the player going down an interesting road i.e. (Guy vs Lucien, Guy and Lucien team-up, or Guy trying to ignore this new threat) or the player clicking a button that says, "I win!" then I'll go with the former. Because it will, ultimately, be more interesting to see where that goes.

I'm sorry that some people play these games to be the ultimate alpha male, but that's not what I'm doing here.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Edit:here's a pic
View attachment 3680771
Less than half actually, and overwhelmingly redneck, mostly rural states. Not sure where the game is supposed to take place, but even if in the US where the 3 largest cities are is definite no.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
And these two comments really highlight the crux of why Guy is how he is -- because it's more interesting. I fucking hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate invincible AVN protagonists who are always the smartest, toughest, strongest, most skilled human being in existence. The kind who can give women orgasms with a sideways glance, before throwing an effortless roundhouse kick that can fell a grizzly bear.

It means nothing if Guy pulls a gun out and shoots Lucien, other than that I've cut off a story before it happened. Like, why not just have him blast him with heat vision, and reveal Guy's actually an X-Man? Why not reveal that Markus was working for Guy the whole time, because he's just that cool and smart and awesome, and he twists Lucien's head off walking away never to be seen again? They all have the same end result.

This is a genre where your victory means nothing, other than that you can use your mouse wheel to reverse a decision. That's it.

So, if I have to choose between the player going down an interesting road i.e. (Guy vs Lucien, Guy and Lucien team-up, or Guy trying to ignore this new threat) or the player clicking a button that says, "I win!" then I'll go with the former. Because it will, ultimately, be more interesting to see where that goes.

I'm sorry that some people play these games to be the ultimate alpha male, but that's not what I'm doing here.
I would absolutely not play this game if Guy's real name was revealed to be orio..... :HideThePain:

Really I absolutely agree I hate games where MC wins everything and is perfect and his dick is actually 3 feet long but girls love taking it up the ass first time because he's mc duh.

That "genre" has a place when the world is more fantastical/magical/combat focused but in a "realistic urban" game? It makes it so boring, why even write the story when we know he's going to use his money/connections (the strongest power in modern realistic games) just skip all that and do the scenes. I can't imagine how monotonous that would be to write, or how that would feel as a creator or artist or dev or whatever considering these characters are "more than that".

It's kind of surprising that this (or very similar) arguments pop up literally every time Guy has an issue and that people are still like "but Guy will just be MC and solve now right?" I'd understand way back when the game first started, but to me at least it's been suuuuuuuupeer clear that guy is not "that MC". Even Guy borderline looking at the camera and saying "guys please I'm not batman don't make me do batman things" wasn't enough.

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
Not with any LIs so no need for NTR tag, and you get to see some of that on both light and dark paths depending on your choices.
WEEELLLLLLLL,

there should be Netori tag as the mc can get bj from Brittani while Jamie listens to it.
Also watching non-li's would be voyeurism tag.
you do have the option to take Jamie's pictures and videos then see Jamie with Gabby and then with Brittani, it seems to set up the path to actually destroy Jamie. (these would not technically be NTR as it happened before you were with either of the girls.)

armond

Apr 26, 2020
WEEELLLLLLLL,

there should be Netori tag as the mc can get bj from Brittani while Jamie listens to it.
Also watching non-li's would be voyeurism tag.
you do have the option to take Jamie's pictures and videos then see Jamie with Gabby and then with Brittani, it seems to set up the path to actually destroy Jamie. (these would not technically be NTR as it happened before you were with either of the girls.)
I was going to make jamie my Darth Maul
1686689062729718.jpg

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
Less than half actually, and overwhelmingly redneck, mostly rural states. Not sure where the game is supposed to take place, but even if in the US where the 3 largest cities are is definite no.
Over half the country has permitless carry now. Louisiana will be the 29th on the 4th of July this year. No argument its primarily rural states, but 2 of the top 3 states population wise are included. Most of the states have state preemption laws so their major cities are unable to be more stringent.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Over half the country has permitless carry now. Louisiana will be the 29th on the 4th of July this year. No argument its primarily rural states, but 2 of the top 3 states population wise are included. Most of the states have state preemption laws so their major cities are unable to be more stringent.
A 58% chance of having it be permitless doesn't sound as convincing when you put it into numbers :KEK:

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes