pmcrwlr

Oct 21, 2017
Am I doing something wrong? Even after I applied the patch, the option to rape Cherry and Risa don't appear. Also, and word on the gallery mod? Or just a gallery function on future updates?

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Am I doing something wrong? Even after I applied the patch, the option to rape Cherry and Risa don't appear
If you loaded a save where you didn't apply the patch beforehand the patch will remain deactivated. You can enable the console and manually change the variable.
  1. Close FriendsInNeed
  2. Enable the console by changing line 108 from config.console = False to config.console = True in file FriendsInNeed/renpy/common/00console.rpy
  3. Open the game, load your save and press Shift+O to open the console and type patch to verify whether the patch is active (should read True if yes, otherwise False)
  4. To manually change the patch variable simply type patch=True.

Reactions: Antauriel

pmcrwlr

Oct 21, 2017
If you loaded a save where you didn't apply the patch beforehand the patch will remain deactivated. You can enable the console and manually change the variable.
  1. Close FriendsInNeed
  2. Enable the console by changing line 108 from config.console = False to config.console = True in file FriendsInNeed/renpy/common/00console.rpy
  3. Open the game, load your save and press Shift+O to open the console and type patch to verify whether the patch is active (should read True if yes, otherwise False)
  4. To manually change the patch variable simply type patch=True.
Thanks for the quick reply. Did all that, the option still isn't available. Any other tips or tricks?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply. Did all that, the option still isn't available. Any other tips or tricks?
Make sure you have Friends in Need and "not" Friends Indeed. These are separate games and one is censored and the patch will not work with Friends Indeed.

Next, open patch.rpy and make sure it says "True" and not "False", you can open it with ANY text editor.

You don't need to download the patch, the patch is already in the folder "game" you just need to change it.

label patch:
$ patch = True
return
Next, start a new game and just tab skip to that part.

If not, then go to your hidden directory

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

and delete (save to your desktop or some other location) the FriendsinNeed2-1641753492 folder (same in your "game" folder) or persistent file and try again.

You can also use this to see what's behind the choices: Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

Last edited:

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Some choices have additional conditions, so it might just be that your playthrough didn't accumulate enough mcdark points. You can check (and modify) it the same way as patch by simply typing the name of the variable into the console and it will tell you its value. I think 10 is the minimum for a couple of scenes.

Though I'd highly suggest you rather replay or load another save where you get the points naturally rather than continueing the modified save.

A.M.R.

Apr 18, 2022
Why make the mother of ashe, brittani and gabby so fucking hot???? man we need to fuck those holes :KEK:
Same dilemma in "Long Road Home", the ol' ladies of fellow MC members are hot as fuck and untouchable

Then again .. in both games, who knows what the future holds.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Make sure you have Friends in Need and "not" Friends Indeed. These are separate games and one is censored and the patch will not work with Friends Indeed.

Next, open patch.rpy and make sure it says "True" and not "False", you can open it with ANY text editor.

You don't need to download the patch, the patch is already in the folder "game" you just need to change it.

Next, start a new game and just tab skip to that part.

If not, then go to your hidden directory

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

and delete (save to your desktop or some other location) the FriendsinNeed2-1641753492 folder (same in your "game" folder) or persistent file and try again.

You can also use this to see what's behind the choices: Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)
That's it.

Guys,

the patch in the game folder is set on false. YOU HAVE TO EDIT IT

pmcrwlr

Oct 21, 2017
Some choices have additional conditions, so it might just be that your playthrough didn't accumulate enough mcdark points. You can check (and modify) it the same way as patch by simply typing the name of the variable into the console and it will tell you its value. I think 10 is the minimum for a couple of scenes.

Though I'd highly suggest you rather replay or load another save where you get the points naturally rather than continueing the modified save.
Maybe that's it. I don't know. I tend not to make those decisions, but it's nice to have the option. The only reason I even know that the option exists, is that when I played the previous "preview" version (0.59b) the rape options was available using the same saves so I'm not sure what's going on.....

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
That's it.

Guys,

the patch in the game folder is set on false. YOU HAVE TO EDIT IT
The patch in the game folder is set on "false". You have to edit it ("True").
The "Taboo patch" in the OP is set to True for people who don't know how to do things like that and can just copy/replace.

It's sat false by default more than likely just in case not everyone wants that content, just like some don't want to use "incest patches" etc.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm playing the update from a save after the Ashe date and picking the Risa it's clear she was into harder drugs back then and not just something small like weed. It's something I totally missed the first time somehow lol

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi NeonGhosts I just finished the update and holy shit balls it was even better than before.
I loved this render
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And this choice was so funny lol
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are so many reasons this game is top tier, and this update further solidified its position imo.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Really enjoying your work, Neon. The variations in how the characters interact based on the choices made by the player gives this one a lot of replay value! One issue that I caught - if you choose to have the MC be confrontational with Risa's dad, Mr. Rhodenbarr starts addressing the MC as "Mr. Harrison" even if you changed the MC's last name. Thanks for your efforts!
Aaaack! Can’t believe I never caught that. I’ll get it fixed! Thanks!

xXWolfZz

May 26, 2020
Yeah I can see why people were complaining bout Risa, didnt like her storyline tbh. Prob worst girl. The Pepper isnt the web cam girl was surprising but dunno why we need a twin. Brents little one off side story was funny could almost hear the sad violin music playing but I dont know why he was banging at masons apartment if he was lookin for niki obv he needs to work harder if he wants get on MCs good side. Looking forward for next update for Gabby + her mon + Britney + her mom + mason and especially cassie content please

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think the thing I'm most looking forward to seeing in the future now is Mason's first sex scene. I hope we get to eat him out and stuff like that.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
So I only played part of the update. Gonna play the rest later. I only played past the drug den portion and why do I get a feeling Lucien is going to try to recruit Brittani in the future. As he mentioned he looks for models to recruit or other people refer him to other models. So I can 100% see him trying to recruit her hell I can even see her mother being the one to refer him to her daughter if she has any connection with Lucien.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes