Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If your into manipulative girls who put your life in danger without even giving you a heads up of what your walking into ur welcome to her
I still need to play all of her content. As I only saw bits and pieces of it and most of her explanation as I was curious but to tired last night to play all of it so I skipped around. I don't really see her as being manipulative in a way that is done with malice or to harm the MC but was wanting help the other girls and stop Lucien. Sure she went about it all wrong that is for sure but usually when I think of a manipulative person they are doing it for selfish reasons , which this does not seem like to me at all. I get the feeling she might be my new #1 girl after this update wont know till I finish her content.

Reactions: Requiem131

AlterdStates7

Feb 18, 2020
Am I doing something wrong? Even after I applied the patch, the option to rape Cherry and Risa don't appear. Also, and word on the gallery mod? Or just a gallery function on future updates?
Loading my good guy saves had the same lack of options, but using my darker path saves had the option for both cherry and risa. I guess the choice is gated by how many dark points you have.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
If your into manipulative girls who put your life in danger without even giving you a heads up of what your walking into ur welcome to her
It was one of those "If I told you, you wouldn't go" situations. MC probably would have just told her to call the cops and not want to get involved any more than that. She did what she did because she trusts the MC and thinks he is capable enough to do something about a human trafficking ring. I was starting to not like her last update because I don't like junkies (hate being a more apt word) but this was definitely a case of not everything is as it seems and she's back in the running.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It was one of those "If I told you, you wouldn't go" situations. MC probably would have just told her to call the cops and not want to get involved any more than that. She did what she did because she trusts the MC and thinks he is capable enough to do something about a human trafficking ring. I was starting to not like her last update because I don't like junkies (hate being a more apt word) but this was definitely a case of not everything is as it seems and she's back in the running.
100% I just finished the Risa segment going to save the rest of the update for later. At first I had a feeling the pay off wasnt going to be worth it as I felt the execution of how the MC got to the drug den was poorly executed seeing how we barley talked to Risa in the past. As it never felt like they were friends or anything so came off a bit weird to me. With that being said boy I was wrong. The Risa story arc is my favorite right now I cant wait to see more of it. She feels like another Nicki to me expect she has someone to give her money.

I honestly cant decide right now if I like Nicki or Risa more after playing her content in this update. One thing for sure unless im playing a Pepper save im always going to take Risa to the motel and tell her I dont want to have sex as I dont want to take advantage of her. The way she looked at Guy and hugged / thanked him after saying that has to be my favorite scene in this game right now. Risa really is sweet and caring girl once you get to know her unlike what her first few appearance make her seem. To me she is a classic case of dont judge a book by it's cover.

Tho one thing im a but uncertain of is did she give guy the drugs cause she actually wants to quit or cause of Owen. As I feel like it was cause she wants to quit.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Oh hey, random semi-spoiler for Risa's hotel scene.. If you watch TV, and paid for the deluxe option, you get one of three random scenes. A John Wick-ish crime movie, a bad sci-fi film staring Guy's friend Marina as a Princess of Mars-esque figure, or a commercial starring Brittani.

If you don't buy the deluxe package, you'll just see Brittani's commercial, which was previously shown in her faux-Instagram posts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You already know my feelings about Risa, so bias aside(I hope:Kappa:), this was the first time in this game when I rolled my eyes at the over the top try-hard storyline and justifications she was throwing. I feel like the game tries way to hard to make her appear more complex than she is and it kinda makes her look like she has split personality when she switches from tragic damsel to manipulative flirt. I also saw 'the twist' coming a mile away and still didn't believe it will be this :HideThePain:

From downplaying her fault in the trafficking, to the fact that she is mostly portrayed as smart and resourceful, yet was too dumb to realize what was going on, to the interesting detail that she seems to be the only Junkie girl Lucien doesn't sexually abuse, everything seems so far fetched that it takes me out of it. The game really, really wants you to like and care about Risa.

That aside I take back what I said about introducing Lucien too late in the story. I was wrong.
Sure, I wanted to punch him since his first preview, but now I hate him so much that I would make a dark Guy playthrough if it meant that I could get to kill him in a brutal and slow way, down the line.

Edit: I hope the Pepper Twin 'Retcon' stays and its not a bait and switch. I hated her being a camwhore, for me it has joined to form the trifecta of overused tropes, cheated MC backstory, Raped LI backstory and now OF/Camwhore LI.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You already know my feelings about Risa, so bias aside(I hope:Kappa:), this was the first time in this game when I rolled my eyes at the over the top try-hard storyline and justifications she was throwing. I feel like the game tries way to hard to make her appear more complex than she is and it kinda makes her look like she has split personality when she switches from tragic damsel to manipulative flirt. I also saw 'the twist' coming a mile away and still didn't believe it will be this :HideThePain:

From downplaying her fault in the trafficking, to the fact that she is mostly portrayed as smart and resourceful, yet was too dumb to realize what was going on, to the interesting detail that she seems to be the only Junkie girl Lucien doesn't sexually abuse, everything seems so far fetched that it takes me out of it. The game really, really wants you to like and care about Risa.

That aside I take back what I said about introducing Lucien too late in the story. I was wrong.
Sure, I wanted to punch him since his first preview, but now I hate him so much that I would make a dark Guy playthrough if it meant that I could get to kill him in a brutal and slow way, down the line.

Edit: I hope the Pepper Twin 'Retcon' stays and its not a bait and switch. I hated her being a camwhore, for me it has joined to form the trifecta of overused tropes, cheated MC backstory, Raped LI backstory and now OF/Camwhore LI.
eh I don't think she was downplaying her fault in it at all since she literally tried to kill her self because of it But yeah I can see if you already have a negative bias for her this update isn't going to make things any better since the games wants you to try to at least help her because of how horrible Lucien is. But yeah I did think it was a bit weird how she was never a trafficking victim of Lucien. I want to assume she was at some point and just didn't want to reveal it but that kind of goes against the dialogue.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

I'm actually a bit upset about that camgirl stuff. For once I thight we could have a romantic storyline around it.
Other games have handled it really bad.

• Sad
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm actually a bit upset about that camgirl stuff. For once I thight we could have a romantic storyline around it.
Other games have handled it really bad.
same here Joshy I can't think of any LI in another AVN that actually has camgirl storyline that doesn't get dropped or they keep it up while being in a relationship and include it as part of the relationship. Since most I have came across are side girls. At least from the ones ive played so far. that's something I really want to see. So because of that im more interested Peppers twin than Pepper

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
same here Joshy I can't think of any LI in another AVN that actually has camgirl storyline that doesn't get dropped or they keep it up while being in a relationship and include it as part of the relationship. Since most I have came across are side girls. At least from the ones ive played so far. that's something I really want to see. So because of that im more interested Peppers twin than Pepper
Hey dude I can't remember has Guy ever eaten any of these beautiful angels out?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hey dude I can't remember has Guy ever eaten any of these beautiful angels out?
Just did a quick speed run to look at lewds I probably missed some but from what I saw it looks like he has only done that to Ashe

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
eh I don't think she was downplaying her fault in it at all since she literally tried to kill her self because of it But yeah I can see if you already have a negative bias for her this update isn't going to make things any better since the games wants you to try to at least help her because of how horrible Lucien is. But yeah I did think it was a bit weird how she was never a trafficking victim of Lucien. I want to assume she was at some point and just didn't want to reveal it but that kind of goes against the dialogue.
I meant more like the game downplaying it rather than her lying about it. It makes sure every step of the way that she is seen in a good light. As a person that has grown up surrounded by similar people I think its not realistic for a person in that circumstance to be this lucky to avoid any and all consequences of her horrible life decisions. She doesn't get abused, instead she gets promoted to assistant, she stops being smart and is oblivious to his pretty obvious bad intentions to minimize her fault, she conveniently finds out after the first girl she helps lure so the damage she does is as small as possible.

I feel a more immersive/compelling narrative would be if she deep down knew what she was doing, but the need for drugs was more important for her. Could you still look past that and try to help her now?

Since I know you play DIk, if I hated Jill going behind MC's back with the Chad fight, you can imagine how I feel about Risa fooling Guy and putting him in danger here. The guy has black eye already, its clear he can't handle shit, what made her think he is properly equipped to deal with Psycho drug lords? Disregard for his well being? selfish needs of redemption no matter the cost? I am expected to believe that she is now a reformed saint? :whistle::coffee:

This made me wonder if I would see this in a different light if this was a choice event, rather than forced plot.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just did a quick speed run to look at lewds I probably missed some but from what I saw it looks like he has only done that to Ashe
I hope he does it more in the future. I would love to have my head between Nicki or Mason's legs having a delicious lunch.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I meant more like the game downplaying it rather than her lying about it. It makes sure every step of the way that she is seen in a good light. As a person that has grown up surrounded by similar people I think its not realistic for a person in that circumstance to be this lucky to avoid any and all consequences of her horrible life decisions. She doesn't get abused, instead she gets promoted to assistant, she stops being smart and is oblivious to his pretty obvious bad intentions to minimize her fault, she conveniently finds out after the first girl she helps lure so the damage she does is as small as possible.

I feel a more immersive/compelling narrative would be if she deep down knew what she was doing, but the need for drugs was more important for her. Could you still look past that and try to help her now?

Since I know you play DIk, if I hated Jill going behind MC's back with the Chad fight, you can imagine how I feel about Risa fooling Guy and putting him in danger here. The guy has black eye already, its clear he can't handle shit, what made her think he is properly equipped to deal with Psycho drug lords? Disregard for his well being? selfish needs of redemption no matter the cost? I am expected to believe that she is now a reformed saint? :whistle::coffee:

This made me wonder if I would see this in a different light if this was a choice event, rather than forced plot.
yeah I see what you mean when you put it like that if she did it knowing full well what she was doing and didn't care because she just wanted drugs. I'd have to find an excuse to like her if I would still be able to like her at all. I probably still help her if it means putting a stop to Lucien but past that idk hard to say for sure how id feel. I should hate her if she did that but I find there are some LI I find it impossible for me to hate even when they deserve it lol. It's rare for me but there are some out there like that for me. Even tho what you said makes more sense for a character or narrative stand point. I'm glad it's the opposite as I rather a game make me feel / care or like a LI even if it means have to use some level of disbelief.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I hope the Pepper Twin 'Retcon' stays and its not a bait and switch. I hated her being a camwhore, for me it has joined to form the trifecta of overused tropes, cheated MC backstory, Raped LI backstory and now OF/Camwhore LI.
I didn't even know this was a thing, I actually hate that, because it feels like such a fucking cop out. :rolleyes:

Oh well, Pepper wasn't even in my top 3 LI's anyway, so it's not like it's that important to me. However I was interested to see Neon's take on a camgirl LI since his writing in general has been really good.

As far as Risa goes, people can try to justify her actions all they want, and the game can try to make me like her as much as the game wants. I will never ever like Risa in a romantic light, and will not even indulge in a sexual relationship with her. If she can redeem herself, I might consider being her friend, but that is the absolute most she could ever be to me.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I didn't even know this was a thing, I actually hate that, because it feels like such a fucking cop out. :rolleyes:
I might be just misreading the signs, so its not a guarantee thats where the plot is heading. And I am a hypocrite because I agree, it is a cop out, I just happen to hate the OF/Camwhore trope in VNS with a burning passion. The fact that it also features blackmail :sick:

I don't like Pepper as a LI that much either, but I liked her as a character enough to wish she doesn't get ruined(imo) by that, especially since it comes as a twist after the player might get invested in her. With controversial topics I like to know what I'm getting into from the start, like the Being a DIK prostitutes LI, you know what they are about before starting farming their routes, you don't find out about it 5 updates later...

Reactions: hawk784563

Requiem131

May 19, 2021
Hm, I checked the walkthrough and there supposedly is a sex scene with Risa in her father's house room. And yet, even though I did what the walkthrough said and even tried the opposite route through the diner to see, it doesn't seem to trigger. Any idea on how to trigger it, or is it due to the error that pops up just where it should be:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch9.rpy", line 7722, in script
    if rirejected == True or rirel == 2 :
  File "game/ch9.rpy", line 7722, in <module>
NameError: name 'rirejected' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch9.rpy", line 7722, in script
  File "D:\Otros\Gams\FriendsinNeed.0.60c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Otros\Gams\FriendsinNeed.0.60c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Otros\Gams\FriendsinNeed.0.60c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/ch9.rpy", line 7722, in <module>
NameError: name 'rirejected' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Friends in Need Ch9 v.0.60c 
Wed Jun  5 03:01:57 2024

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes