Oct 11, 2018
Phuuu. It's done. Here is the MLP:FiM rename mod for FwB 1.10 Steam version.
I hope I didn't miss anything. Sins FwB 1.01 will be a constant version I plan to remake the rename mod for that and make It proper but I plan to take a break first before starting that so don't exact it soon.

To install copy *.rpy files to $installpath\game directory.

Note: This only changes the names of "pretty much all" Characters but doesn't change there designee so they will still look like they did before in FwB 1.10.

Hope you Enjoy.

Last edited:

bigdom93

Feb 28, 2018
*sees character is named Sundowner* " foals are cruel Jack, and I'm very in touch with my inner foal!"

Overmind80

Nov 15, 2020
How to completed the task " Visit the market place and flirt with the pink mare a few times." ? I have visited the market area but she wasn't there.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
How to completed the task " Visit the market place and flirt with the pink mare a few times." ? I have visited the market area but she wasn't there.
That's Ari, the to-do list doesn't update if you don't flirt with her enough. This was fixed in the latest Steam version.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Guys any news about the game?It gonna have new update(if yes somebody know when) or its finished?

Last edited:

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
"the worst was unavodible ntr scene."
"FFS there's even no ntr tag!"
"there's no way to skip that scene"
2/5 stars

So this has come up twice now, but it kinda boggles my mind that people are saying my game has NTR in it, without even considering the context or defined relationships with the individuals in question. It's like saying your neighbour's wife is NTRing you.

Instance One - Butters with the Slime and Alraune: At this point in the story, Butters has not had sex with the player, nor is there any semblance of a loving or sexual relationship between you and the her. I think even the most devout players will struggle to call this one NTR, especially since you join in on both occasions.
Instance Two - Augusta Futa x Female: This is an avoidable scene (despite the fact a review called it unavoidable) in which a prostitute has sex with a client and you can join in. If your ego is so fragile that you think this is NTR to such a degree that the game has become unplayable, I pity you.
Instance Three - The Player NTRing almost every damn girl in the game: If you have a problem with your character fucking around, but can't handle the idea of a single other character in the game doing it, then you need to grow up.

The review did raise a decent point: That being some unusual content isn't avoidable in situations where the player is perhaps not comfortable. More player urgency shall be implemented in the future of my game development. However, I feel like that scene is still fitting, and the player can make up their own mind about what they take away from scenes like these. Especially considering that despite the roleplaying elements, the player character and player are not identical beings so it's not unreasonable to assume they may make decisions that you otherwise wouldn't. Don't feel like your personal character is any lessened because you didn't personally enjoy two of the fifty sex scenes.

I felt like it was pretty important to respond to this particular review since it was spreading misinformation. Thanks for putting up with this small rant.

-----------------
A small aside regarding the choices of character name and colours: This was a decision to distinguish Friendship with Benefits from any other established brands and copyrights so it can live and breathe as its own identity. This includes yet another rebranding as several characters have undergone more colour scheme changes and name changes:
View attachment 802417
Needless to say, this is a pretty damn important decision and it's necessary for FwB to exist. But it's not a necessary evil. Instead of letting FwB be limited by its inspirations, accept it for the new world and characters it has to offer. Do these brand new characters and world really deserve to be held back by naming them after something else?

-----------------
And now for some good news to balance out this post. A few people have wondered what's next for the game, especially since it's more or less finished. A Steam build of the game is being developed and it will include:
- A New City Menu like the World Map
- A new Deep Forest area that can be explored with all the 'equipment' from the market, one new romanceable character and one returner
- A new market stall with a romanceable character
- A revised 'final route' that better compliments Sundowner (Now Penelope's) arc.
- A new 100% completion ending
regarding the colour changes and even the naming changes which dont really bother me that much, this is clearly a parody game of an established franchise and no amount of changes is going to change that fact unless u completely change everything about everything about the game (which would in turn take away all of the charm of the game itself imo).
there is no need to change these things in this type of game, if u want to distance yourself from the franchise why bother even making a parody game in the first place? why not give it a unique name and art style of its own that just so happens to have anthropomorphic animals in it?
regarding the "This was a decision to distinguish Friendship with Benefits from any other established brands and copyrights" i call bullshit on that, this is a parody game so it falls under fair use so copyrights shouldn't matter, so that should not be a real concern, i get that some parody games do sometimes get flak from the original shows copyright holders so in that case instead of modifying it like u have u should just scrap it entirely and make it completely different like i have already said.
as for new characters being held back well it's not like every character u add to a parody game has to be from the franchise that inspired them ie allot of parody games main characters arent from the franchise but a self insert instead.

im sorry for the rant but it is of my opinion that if u are making a parody game (which this game is no matter what u say) then characters from the ip u are parodying should not be altered design wise, names are fine to change because they can be trouble when dealing with the original ip holders but designs should not be altered (in this case im talking about colour schemes, seeing the character that is meant to be rainbow dash in this game red instead of blue is just downright criminal same goes for swapping applejack and her sisters colours).
if u hadn't decided to change colour schemes then maybe i might of considered supporting the game because what i have played of the previous unaltered earlier version is absolutely amazing i love the world building and story u are telling but i just cant support the changing of characters designs this far into a parody games development (i'd be more welcome of the change if it had happed from the start of development).

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
It's pretty easy to mod:
1. Change name definitions in the init file
2. Replace every occurrence of a spoken name and nickname.
3. Avoid changing any instance of a .png file being changed in the code while finding and replacing all. Otherwise you'd have to go into the image files and rename every .png file associated with that character. (I don't know any efficient way to do this, I personally did end up changing every .png file name.)

The idea of a mod that does this is okay, however it disappoints me to see some individuals so clingy for these other names. I'm not going to pretend FwB is some magical and super original idea, but the world and characters are so different that the slightly off names are important to the identity of the game, and in some ways one of the main themes.
if there was a mod to change the colour schemes back to what they were then i would love that because these new changes dont sit well with me i mean a red rainbow dash is just disgusting imo

Agent Abide

Aug 12, 2018
I always thought it was strange that despite the MLP fandom being so large, there was never a decent pony themed visual novel. Why hadn't anyone decided to make one? Even to this day I have no idea. So I thought I'd do it myself, the gap in the market is clear.

My next project is indeed MOnster Girl Paradise, it's a game set in Hell, and hell is full of Monster Girls. It'll be like Friendship with Benefits but lean a lot more into freeroam and RPG elements and less into long form visual novel storytelling.

Before that though, thirdly, I do want to do a free update to the Steam version one last time as a thank you to everyone for the support.
I just hope the freeroam isn't a chore like it is in most games. Alot of the games that have freeroam or is a "sandbox" are an utter annoyance to play because it is a struggle to figure out how to progress. Hopefully your game is good though.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
Friendship with Benefits [v1.10] [TwistedScarlett] - Original Size: 1008 MB

Download Win,Linux (148MB)
: - - -
Download Mac (132MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Here's my compressed version.
Friendship with Benefits [v1.10] [TwistedScarlett] - Original Size: 1008 MB

Download Win,Linux (148MB)
: - - -
Download Mac (132MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is this the steam version?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes