juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
From chapter 2 on you play until there are no more blue events(the events that are blue in the menu). You cruise around the house in each time zone and if you see none, then that is it up through that particular version. Starting in v0.1.4 I have started having the events either jump to the appropriate room where the next part of the event takes place, or drop a hint in the story as to where to go next. I am also trying to have most events start in the main bedroom, so that you do not have to hunt around for the first thread(but this will not always be the case).

As for the ability to progress through time via a button, this is something that I have thought about since it has been suggested before. To do so would add a layer of complexity in the code that I am trying to avoid going forward. Keeping the time shift to one room allows me to change and add rooms easily. A time change button would have to be coded for each existing room(and each new room as I introduce them) to jump to the appropriate time and room, and it does not always behave the way that we think that it should. There have been times when I think I have all my ducks in a row with the coding in a room for an event just to have the menu for that event not pop up due to the way the navigation system is coded. The current navigation system itself has been an issue and I have contemplated changing it to a simple menu system entirely one day instead of the fancy little nav screen we currently have, but that too has issues that I am not ready to tackle.

NOTE: Even if someone coded it for me, I would probably not use it in the game(some great people helped me with some nice code that I have used, but it was for simple QoL issues). The reason I like to plan and write my own code is so that I know exactly how it works. There are some coders out there that are coding masters and it would take me a long time to unravel and adapt new content to code that I am unfamiliar with and prevent me from adding new content(like new rooms/characters/events and such) until I figured it out. I am not saying that I will never code it, it is just highly unlikely that I will any time soon.

As always, thank you for the feedback!
Hints on the story are not a good solution, since you can forget the hint from the time you make the save untill the time you load it.

If you are still set in having the sandbox style, which most people dont like and loses every single poll about it, then add an always visible HINT button that tells you exactly what you need to do to progress and when you reach the end of the current story, it says so.

Personally, sandbox is a huge turnoff because it distracts me from the story, it completely removes inmerssion and it just an annoying way to artificially extend gameplay time by making me click around to see if i am missing something

I am pretty sure everyone loved the first part, where it was about story and no sandbox, but look at all the feedback you are getting now, its just players that dont even know what to do or if they have done what they should. Think about it

Last edited:

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Hints on the story are not a good solution, since you can forget the hint from the time you make the save untill the time you load it.

If you are still set in having the sandbox style, which most people dont like and loses every single poll about it, then add an always visible HINT button that tells you exactly what you need to do to progress and when you reach the end of the current story, it says so.

Personally, sandbox is a huge turnoff because it distracts me from the story, it completely removes inmerssion and it just an annoying way to artificially extend gameplay time by making me click around to see if i am missing something

I am pretty sure everyone loved the first part, where it was about story and no sandbox, but look at all the feedback you are getting now, its just players that dont even know what to do or if they have done what they should. Think about it
The story quests are highlighted and will only start in a couple of rooms currently, mainly the bedroom. Most of them will end where you pick up the next one, or there will be a clue at the end like "meet me in the living room this evening,". And even if you forget to go there that evening it won't go away, it will pick up right where it left off. I try to avoid saying "this is the end of the current version" because there may be side events with the girls that are repeatable that you may not have seen yet, but I will consider something for each event ending since some stories branch out from the main. The "sandbox" format is slowly being removed from the story itself, but I continue to use the navigation and such to allow branching storylines to be told how I want them to be told. Most of this I started to do in a v0.1.4. The one here is v0.1.3 so you can't see most of it yet.

As of Chapter 2, you are not forced to work to earn money(you get a huge chunk of money from one of the early quests that will allow you to get all the optional content from Chapter 1 that is still available in Chapter 2). And in v0.1.4 you will get a bigger passive income that comes via a story moment and will be used in future optional content. From here on out you just have to follow the story, you don't have to grind working for money, just jump from one story point to the next.

I have told the players what they need to look for. Blue menu options for the story, there are no more day based triggers. If you see none in the current version, then you have seen everything, they are typically in the main bedroom but not always, that is what the navigation is for. I will try to make it clearer when you have reached the end of a branch of the story for that version. Most stories will start in the main bedroom. I am not sure how much more simpler I could make it. One of the reasons I have avoided saying "this is the end of this part of the story" is because once I am done with an event I move on to the next and will forget to remove the warning from the code in the next version until someone points it out to me. I do not like using event trackers. I find them tedious to create and update each version so I have actively chosen not to do them. I just want to tell the story the way I want to tell it. If that is still not your thing, that is perfectly OK. There are many good games out there that I don't play for one reason or another so I understand.

And on a related note, I also plan on eventually(hopefully sometime this year if I have the time) revamping the opening chapter's sandbox section to make it less sandbox and more on rails like the way chapter 2 is going to be. Not to mention those people who have palyed the first chapter and do not want to suffer through the awful sandbox/day trigger section will be able to skip it entirely in a clean play through via chapter select at the beginning(v0.1.4, the next version).

So in short, I will try to do a better job at letting you know when a particular story line has reached the end for that version, that way you are not wasting time wandering around for no good reason.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I enjoyed the story a lot, but I think everyone would like to know how to advance the story and when there's nothing more to see until next update.
In chapter 1 you had that sort of help in the room, but it never mentioned Bonnie. She was the last thing I unlocked and it let me go to Chapter 2, which I didn't know it existed.

As for the sandbox, I think the way to justify the existence of these is to give repeatable content as you roam. In an harem game, I think it would make more sense to get that in your estate from the slaves you actually purchased rather than prostitutes in a brothel. I'm sure you have that planned, but the repeatable content with the girls you advanced enough with is what I like in the sandboxes.

btw, a little thing I just saved: It doesn't mention that it's Maya who's saying it:
screenshot0001.png

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
I enjoyed the story a lot, but I think everyone would like to know how to advance the story and when there's nothing more to see until next update.
In chapter 1 you had that sort of help in the room, but it never mentioned Bonnie. She was the last thing I unlocked and it let me go to Chapter 2, which I didn't know it existed.

As for the sandbox, I think the way to justify the existence of these is to give repeatable content as you roam. In an harem game, I think it would make more sense to get that in your estate from the slaves you actually purchased rather than prostitutes in a brothel. I'm sure you have that planned, but the repeatable content with the girls you advanced enough with is what I like in the sandboxes.

btw, a little thing I just saved: It doesn't mention that it's Maya who's saying it:
View attachment 1603104
Glad that you are enjoying it so far!

Repeatable scenes with your girls is a thing that really starts in v0.1.4, which I will be releasing to the public fairly soon. It is so far a limited selection, but as I progress the story I will be adding more repeatable content, and as of v0.1.5 it will be more easily distinguishable from the story itself.

As far as the triggers to get to Chapter 2, Bonnie is not a requirement, that is why she is not listed in the mini walk through. All you need to do is finish the initial stories for Kylie, Molly, the Twins, and Cretel/Talia. Once all of those have been triggered fully then in the bedroom at noon Chapter 2 will open up. I am actually going to expand it so that the time of day does not matter and cannot even remember what I was thinking at the time I decided noon was the chosen time. Note that as of v0.1.4 I made some changes to how the Bonnie character is handled behind the scenes, so a new game will be recommended, but there is now an option to skip to Chapter 2 from the start to get closer to where v0.1.3 ends without too much time loss.

As of v0.1.5 there will be a clearer message at the end of each quest if that is the end of current content. Also, I have pretty much eliminated the need for a walk through going forward. A little exploration will be needed occasionally, but nothing like it is in Chapter 1 and the start of Chapter 2.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
I might be able to help you avoid that if you don't mind telling me what's changing.
I am making Bonnie a permanent character and not just a side character. It is just a simple value change and most people will probably not have an issue with it as long as they take Bonnie during the prologue. If they avoided her, then that may cause an issue value wise later on down the road. It is such a small and early change, and with the chapter skip option, starting a new game should be easy.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I am making Bonnie a permanent character and not just a side character. It is just a simple value change and most people will probably not have an issue with it as long as they take Bonnie during the prologue. If they avoided her, then that may cause an issue value wise later on down the road. It is such a small and early change, and with the chapter skip option, starting a new game should be easy.
If you make good use of default statements and the after_load label that shouldn't need a new save.

Reactions: Erochaser

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

View attachment 1603104
Repeatable scenes can be easily fixed with a Gallery, you dont need the whole sandbox annoying system to provide repeatable scenes

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Repeatable scenes can be easily fixed with a Gallery, you dont need the whole sandbox annoying system to provide repeatable scenes
I disagree there. Knowing that there's a girl willing to fuck when you ask her is a lot different from having fucked her at some point and then just "remember it".
It's one of the best parts in harem games for me.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
I enjoyed the game. It would be nice to have more to do in the mornings :)
That said afternoons go well and keep you busy,evenings are normally fun in some way.

At the end of this latest version I am missing two women. Dalia and my new hafling prisoner. Neither appear anywhere at any time,so just a heads up. I also miss spending time with my red elf :( ...yes we had a fun weekend but I have not even talked to her since.
If you could please make sure each woman has a repeatable "date" night :)

Very fun game with a great story. Thank you so much for making this.
Be well.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
From the Eclipse [v0.1.4] [Erochaser] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,12 GB / 487 MB - FromTheEclipse-0.1.4-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,09 GB / 453 MB - FromTheEclipse-0.1.4-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I enjoyed the game. It would be nice to have more to do in the mornings :)
That said afternoons go well and keep you busy,evenings are normally fun in some way.

At the end of this latest version I am missing two women. Dalia and my new hafling prisoner. Neither appear anywhere at any time,so just a heads up. I also miss spending time with my red elf :( ...yes we had a fun weekend but I have not even talked to her since.
If you could please make sure each woman has a repeatable "date" night :)

Very fun game with a great story. Thank you so much for making this.
Be well.
Talia should be in the dungeon (unless you meant the guy, he got sold off in exchange for daily funds), not sure what you did with Dahlia cause she's still in her room for me. There's even a repeatable sex scene at night with her.

Speaking of the update, is it just Talia's big escape plus added scenes for Dahlia and Cathy? I haven't noticed anything else.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Talia should be in the dungeon (unless you meant the guy, he got sold off in exchange for daily funds), not sure what you did with Dahlia cause she's still in her room for me. There's even a repeatable sex scene at night with her.

Speaking of the update, is it just Talia's big escape plus added scenes for Dahlia and Cathy? I haven't noticed anything else.
There should be an event at night in the main bedroom, it will show up in blue called "Sleep". This should bring up a small event. At the end of that event you should get a message saying that is the end for this update. :) Also there is a morning event that I believe I made repeatable in the main bedroom. You get there with the "Time to wake up" option.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes