Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
I had played on a previous version where the Kylie progress counter could reach 4. The "Continue!" button specifically checks (among other conditions) if that counter is 3 to show up. I assume this might be the issue a lot of people have that requires starting a new game, I used unren to enable console and manually decreased it. If you don't want to do that of course, the new lower day counters look like they'd let you quite easily get back to where you were from a new game with a little skip speed so it shouldn't be a hassle :)
Being able to complete the first chapter in 30ish days was my main goal, so it moves much faster. I am still not satisfied with it, but since I will have it so you can skip that chapter coming in v0.1.4 I am not concerned with "fixing" it any time soon, though it is something that I want to do in the future so that the rest of the game flows the same.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Captv

Mar 10, 2020
so is all the new content just the hotel visit and the date with airi is that all there is

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
so is all the new content just the hotel visit and the date with airi is that all there is
Yes, I wanted to add more but I used too much time last month stomping out (and apparently creating) a few bugs and the prep for Chapter 2. Right now I am aiming for 2-3 events per release, though I would honestly like to be able to do 4.

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Hello. Am I the only one that has horrendous performance when videos are played? the whole game goes to like 5 fps. Maybe it's angle2 / gl2 renderer, no idea... maybe it's not compatible with my hardware, hmm other VNs (renpy) don't have such weird performance.

edit: I feel like it doesn't use either of those renderers and goes straight for software rendering (as in only CPU)

Last edited:

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
From the Eclipse [v0.1.3] [Erochaser]

Download PC/Mac (444MB):

The game was named wrong by the dev. It is version 0.13 even if the ingame screen says v0.12

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Game was good untill the Free Roam/Sandbox destroyed it for me, sadly.

Good luck with it, but its not for me, and please tag the game accordingly, i will report it now so the mods can change the tags to include the Sandbox one so no one else gets surprised by it

Reactions: HansDampf788

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Game was good untill the Free Roam/Sandbox destroyed it for me, sadly.

Good luck with it, but its not for me, and please tag the game accordingly, i will report it now so the mods can change the tags to include the Sandbox one so no one else gets surprised by it
That's fine, it is not for everyone :). The "sandbox" part is actually being toned down to be less then a minor part of the game (actually started this change in Chapter 2) and will be utilized more for choosing which part of the story you want to access next. Just go to the correct screen and continue the story! Not much there yet, but the change was made. In the future I am going to rework the entire first chapter to be that way as well. There will always be the tavern job, but in the next version there will be a way to earn passive income daily to make the tavern obsolete. I want to focus more on the story.

If you made it to Chapter 2 and completed it and it is still not your thing, then thank you at least for trying it out!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That's fine, it is not for everyone :). The "sandbox" part is actually being toned down to be less then a minor part of the game (actually started this change in Chapter 2) and will be utilized more for choosing which part of the story you want to access next. Just go to the correct screen and continue the story! Not much there yet, but the change was made. In the future I am going to rework the entire first chapter to be that way as well. There will always be the tavern job, but in the next version there will be a way to earn passive income daily to make the tavern obsolete. I want to focus more on the story.

If you made it to Chapter 2 and completed it and it is still not your thing, then thank you at least for trying it out!
One thing all sandboxes could use IMO is a good journal/quest log/whatever so the player isn't left flailing around randomly.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

I dont really know where i am honestly. I played the version before the current one, have already reached the sandbox version before and made SOME progress, didnt really like it but since i liked the game before that i decided to give it another chance now. I loaded my save and couldnt do anything new (i got a scene about someone looking for a girl that was supposedly kidnapped by her slave). I have no hint of what i could be doing, i am lost looking at options that to me dont make any sense at all.

Sad because i liked the story, but i honestly cant stand sandbox, and even worse, a sandbox without hints/quest/something to indicate me where i am suppose to go.

So yeah, i dont really see this "tone down" because i couldnt go past where i was before honestly, and dont have a clue what i am supposed to do wrong. It got me frustrated and i dont play this kind of games to get frustration out of them

Anyway, the story was good, so i hope you can make it work for those that like it

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
I dont really know where i am honestly. I played the version before the current one, have already reached the sandbox version before and made SOME progress, didnt really like it but since i liked the game before that i decided to give it another chance now. I loaded my save and couldnt do anything new (i got a scene about someone looking for a girl that was supposedly kidnapped by her slave). I have no hint of what i could be doing, i am lost looking at options that to me dont make any sense at all.

Sad because i liked the story, but i honestly cant stand sandbox, and even worse, a sandbox without hints/quest/something to indicate me where i am suppose to go.

So yeah, i dont really see this "tone down" because i couldnt go past where i was before honestly, and dont have a clue what i am supposed to do wrong. It got me frustrated and i dont play this kind of games to get frustration out of them

Anyway, the story was good, so i hope you can make it work for those that like it
In the current version there is a "Help" button in the main bedroom in the mornings that has a list of triggers for the first Chapter to get people past it. The next version though will have a button to skip the entire first chapter when you start a new game, if you want to wait to try again one day.

Starting with the current version and going forward, you will see the important story quests come up as blue menu options as you are exploring. I am also going to try to have the quest take you to the next point to continue the story or use the story itself to to point you in the right direction on where to pick it up.

This game will always have an exploration aspect to it, but that is just to link story nodes together. There are no more "day" triggers in the game(starting at Chapter 2) that you have to wait for to artificially lengthen the game. Now you choose when to continue the story, as long as you have not reached the end of the content for that particular story line.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
In the current version there is a "Help" button in the main bedroom in the mornings that has a list of triggers for the first Chapter to get people past it. The next version though will have a button to skip the entire first chapter when you start a new game, if you want to wait to try again one day.

Starting with the current version and going forward, you will see the important story quests come up as blue menu options as you are exploring. I am also going to try to have the quest take you to the next point to continue the story or use the story itself to to point you in the right direction on where to pick it up.

This game will always have an exploration aspect to it, but that is just to link story nodes together. There are no more "day" triggers in the game(starting at Chapter 2) that you have to wait for to artificially lengthen the game. Now you choose when to continue the story, as long as you have not reached the end of the content for that particular story line.
Guess ill give it a try next version then

Reactions: Erochaser

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Not yet finished with the game but Airi... oof. What, she is just gotta suck up to that? Not being the first the MC has to marry? MC doesn't have anything he can do? Damn, and she is just accepting her fate of never marrying him. Kylie is cute, nice and all, but seeing the MC praise Kylie and nothing else is just bullshit.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Not yet finished with the game but Airi... oof. What, she is just gotta suck up to that? Not being the first the MC has to marry? MC doesn't have anything he can do? Damn, and she is just accepting her fate of never marrying him. Kylie is cute, nice and all, but seeing the MC praise Kylie and nothing else is just bullshit.
Keep playing, she gets her moments. Airi had 100% given up by the time the MC saves her. Like I don't want to spoil it because chapter 2 gets into it a little but she was at the lowest she could be before she discovered the MC had rescued her. Since she'd already given up on everything giving up marrying her beloved in exchange for still spending her life with him was a small price at the time. It definitely does affect her though and early on in chapter 2 you'll be somewhat confronted by that.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Keep playing, she gets her moments. Airi had 100% given up by the time the MC saves her. Like I don't want to spoil it because chapter 2 gets into it a little but she was at the lowest she could be before she discovered the MC had rescued her. Since she'd already given up on everything giving up marrying her beloved in exchange for still spending her life with him was a small price at the time. It definitely does affect her though and early on in chapter 2 you'll be somewhat confronted by that.
It is a bit disappointing that she seems to have been sidelined despite being his original true love. I was thinking at first that she might be his slave in the eyes of the law but his wife in his heart, but she seems to have been almost forgotten about in favour of the other girls. Not that the other girls aren't great too, but her being cool with him having other girls is one of the things that makes her so good.

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
It is a bit disappointing that she seems to have been sidelined despite being his original true love. I was thinking at first that she might be his slave in the eyes of the law but his wife in his heart, but she seems to have been almost forgotten about in favour of the other girls. Not that the other girls aren't great too, but her being cool with him having other girls is one of the things that makes her so good.
Honestly right off the bat I thought it was pretty weird that he didn't have her sleeping with him when they moved into the mansion. If I was the MC I wouldn't have let her go for a single night after that.
There's also a lot of implied stuff happening off screen that doesn't really help. Like we know Airi mostly cooks all the food and I'm pretty sure it's been implied that everyone usually eats at least breakfast together, but so far we don't see any of that. We're missing out on seeing the day to day actions so everyone feels kinda disconnected. I think it'd feel a lot more organic and personal if we saw a lot of those day to day scenes, even if we already know they're happening in the background.
Although on Airi I feel that after the discussion they had on the boat the MC is pretty much going to have to make more time for her. I feel like it's not really his fault she's been sidelined with all the shit going on but he definitely needs to do something about it.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
If I'm understanding this correctly, the last event we currently have is the boat date with Airi? If yes, then I've reached the end of current content.

Seriously though, with all the "let your darkness out" shit with both the MC and Airi, I hope at some point in the game he can actually formally marry her. Yes I know, "it's legal papers and shit" but what really grips me being affected by the story of Airi is the destruction of her prospects to a normal life. Actually marrying her, announcing him to everyone witness that she is his wife are gonna be the first steps to fulfilling all those wishes they thought would've been lost and given up.

At that point the MC might as well marry all the others.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok is the boat the last scene?

1. make clicking on the time progress.. it really sucks I have to go back to the bedroom and click rest to advance time

At chapter 2 no hint system so I can't tell if I have finished all events or not.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Ok is the boat the last scene?

1. make clicking on the time progress.. it really sucks I have to go back to the bedroom and click rest to advance time

At chapter 2 no hint system so I can't tell if I have finished all events or not.
From chapter 2 on you play until there are no more blue events(the events that are blue in the menu). You cruise around the house in each time zone and if you see none, then that is it up through that particular version. Starting in v0.1.4 I have started having the events either jump to the appropriate room where the next part of the event takes place, or drop a hint in the story as to where to go next. I am also trying to have most events start in the main bedroom, so that you do not have to hunt around for the first thread(but this will not always be the case).

As for the ability to progress through time via a button, this is something that I have thought about since it has been suggested before. To do so would add a layer of complexity in the code that I am trying to avoid going forward. Keeping the time shift to one room allows me to change and add rooms easily. A time change button would have to be coded for each existing room(and each new room as I introduce them) to jump to the appropriate time and room, and it does not always behave the way that we think that it should. There have been times when I think I have all my ducks in a row with the coding in a room for an event just to have the menu for that event not pop up due to the way the navigation system is coded. The current navigation system itself has been an issue and I have contemplated changing it to a simple menu system entirely one day instead of the fancy little nav screen we currently have, but that too has issues that I am not ready to tackle.

NOTE: Even if someone coded it for me, I would probably not use it in the game(some great people helped me with some nice code that I have used, but it was for simple QoL issues). The reason I like to plan and write my own code is so that I know exactly how it works. There are some coders out there that are coding masters and it would take me a long time to unravel and adapt new content to code that I am unfamiliar with and prevent me from adding new content(like new rooms/characters/events and such) until I figured it out. I am not saying that I will never code it, it is just highly unlikely that I will any time soon.

As always, thank you for the feedback!

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes