S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Can't get the new content to trigger, loading from the save prompt only continues into the post chapter loop

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Just keeping you all in the loop here. My editing copy of v0.2.6m got messed up somehow, and I have no idea when or how. What I am doing right now is putting together a new version of the release (v0.2.6ma). This version has all of v0.2.6 which is the intro to Chapter 3. Also, the original version of v0.2.6 had the estate completely empty, but this new version will have some of the rooms occupied for how they will be going forward in Chapter 3. This is a tiny part of the v0.2.7 update that I will release here in a few weeks, so when v0.2.7 drops here there will be no further updates to the estate until v0.2.8.

I apologize for this issue. I am building the game right now and will upload it as soon as it is done and get the page updated. Thank you!

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
My saved positions don't load and it gives me some error. Will it be fixed in the new version?
If you have played v0.2.6 already then you would get errors in the version that was released yesterday due to an error that happened in the code. The new version that I just submitted for release(v0.2.6ma) should fix this. If you have not played v0.2.6 yet then you will have to be more specific on the loading error. Also, there is no new content, so if you have already played v0.2.6, there is no new story in v0.2.6ma. The only bonus you will get is that some of the rooms that were originally empty and waiting for updates will now be occupied(this was supposed to be released in v0.2.7). Make sure that the version you are getting from this page says v0.2.6ma.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FromTheEclipse-0.2.6ma
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Overall, I'm enjoying the game quite a lot, and have for quite some time now. However, I do have to question if the multiple references to Kylie as MC's apparent canonical favorite are really necessary. Personally, I like Kylie well enough, but she's not my favorite LI either, and I find it a bit irritating when the game seemingly tells me that I'm supposed to feel otherwise.

From my perspective, I don't think the story would suffer at all if the MC simply does not show a clear favorite in game, and the player was allowed to form their own opinions. Nothing particularly significant would need to change; Kylie already clearly has top social status within the harem, which I think is sufficient on its own to drive the related story developments.

Of course, my personal preference is to just have more choices that allow me to shape MC and the story to be a bit closer to my preferences, but that's obviously a ton more work. Instead, I'd just ask the dev to consider leaving things a bit more open ended, which should be enough to prevent the game from overly dictating how the player should feel without requiring any significant changes to the story.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Personally, I like Kylie well enough, but she's not my favorite LI either, and I find it a bit irritating when the game seemingly tells me that I'm supposed to feel otherwise.
Game isn't telling you how to feel, game is telling you how MC feels. You aren't the MC, he's allowed his own feelings and it explains a few things within the narrative.
If it was up to the players then half the people would've relegated her to a spare bedroom and moved Airi brought into the MC's bedroom full time. MC acts like Kylie's his favourite quite consistently. If Airi were his favourite then he would be sleeping with her nightly instead. So either the people who feel Kylie shouldn't be his favourite are going to be upset that he's saying it, or they'll be upset that he's acting like it.
Adding in more choices for these kinds of things would be the worst, it'd just means more wasted renders. If we can choose Airi to be his favourite then again, it'll make no sense that he's not sleeping with her in his bed. So either we've got a cognitive dissonance going on or the dev needs to render 2 versions of every sleep scene. The more pathing introduced the more things snowball and all of a sudden there's wasted renders on every single update for a game that has no replay impetus.

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Game isn't telling you how to feel, game is telling you how MC feels. You aren't the MC, he's allowed his own feelings and it explains a few things within the narrative.
If it was up to the players then half the people would've relegated her to a spare bedroom and moved Airi brought into the MC's bedroom full time. MC acts like Kylie's his favourite quite consistently. If Airi were his favourite then he would be sleeping with her nightly instead. So either the people who feel Kylie shouldn't be his favourite are going to be upset that he's saying it, or they'll be upset that he's acting like it.
Adding in more choices for these kinds of things would be the worst, it'd just means more wasted renders. If we can choose Airi to be his favourite then again, it'll make no sense that he's not sleeping with her in his bed. So either we've got a cognitive dissonance going on or the dev needs to render 2 versions of every sleep scene. The more pathing introduced the more things snowball and all of a sudden there's wasted renders on every single update for a game that has no replay impetus.
I suppose that's one way to look at it. However, I'd argue that the game clearly is set up to allow players to self insert if they prefer, which generally works better when the game doesn't try to overly dictate the MC's thoughts and feelings.

To be clear, I'm not actually advocating for adding these choices to the game; while I think they would add some value, this game doesn't strictly need them, and they certainly can be demanding from a development perspective. What I would actually like to see is that it's left a bit more up in the air. I don't necessarily agree that MC's actions are only consistent with Kylie being the favorite; MC clearly loves and cares for her, but there don't need to be explicit comparisons to the other LIs. If the game was to avoid stating things so explicitly, I don't think it takes anything away from Kylie as a character, while giving players more freedom to interpret things as they see fit.

Reactions: S1nsational

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I suppose that's one way to look at it. However, I'd argue that the game clearly is set up to allow players to self insert if they prefer, which generally works better when the game doesn't try to overly dictate the MC's thoughts and feelings.
Can self insert anything, but that means putting yourself in the protagonists shoes, not forcing them to adopt your views. I like self inserting too in these games but you have to recognize that just because it's fun doesn't mean every protagonist is going to behave as to your every whim.
I don't necessarily agree that MC's actions are only consistent with Kylie being the favorite; MC clearly loves and cares for her, but there don't need to be explicit comparisons to the other LIs.
I do agree that a good harem MC shouldn't be comparing his girls, but as I recall it was Airi who asked. For the most part he takes care of his girls well, but I think he rather consistently shows favouritism to Kylie in his actions. It wouldn't seem very sincere to me if the MC responded to Airi's question about Kylie being his favourite by politicking around the question or lying to himself or her about it.

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Can self insert anything, but that means putting yourself in the protagonists shoes, not forcing them to adopt your views. I like self inserting too in these games but you have to recognize that just because it's fun doesn't mean every protagonist is going to behave as to your every whim.

I do agree that a good harem MC shouldn't be comparing his girls, but as I recall it was Airi who asked. For the most part he takes care of his girls well, but I think he rather consistently shows favouritism to Kylie in his actions. It wouldn't seem very sincere to me if the MC responded to Airi's question about Kylie being his favourite by politicking around the question or lying to himself or her about it.
I personally didn't interpret MC's actions in quite the same way, though I'm sure my personal opinions play a role in that. But that ultimately just adds to the point that I'm trying to make. I think if a few lines of dialogue were adjusted to make sure that MC doesn't ever need to declare or imply a favorite, then the players are free to draw their own conclusions without needing to add the complexity of choices.

As for self insertion, I think there's a balance to be struck there. Certainly, you can't expect MC to think and behave exactly as you would prefer, and on the other end of the spectrum, tons of games end up with horribly bland MCs. I just think that in this particular case, being a little bit more vague would be a net benefit.

I don't want to give the impression that I think this is some huge game ruining issue. I generally don't much care for mostly linear harem games, but this one really drew me in, and on balance I've had a great experience with it so far. But these were moments that jarred me out of the experience (at least temporarily), and I feel like some tweaks could make it more enjoyable to more players.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I really like this game so far the characters are really cute which I always like.

Only part I don't really like is Airi's position in the harem. Its become pretty clear as the story progresses that there is a distinct line drawn between the wives and the slaves and Airi is definitely in the slave camp. It really sucks that the second Kylie shows up Airi gets instantly demoted to side bitch status. I mean MC straight up says several times that he loves Kylie the most while Airi just has to watch as woman after woman gets what she should have had and she is left as "just a slave". Eventually on the date where MC takes Airi on that yacht she breaks down and expresses her frustration with her status and situation like I described above. Here i'm thinking alright MC here's your chance tell her that even though your not married by law she's still a wife in your eyes. and what does he say "I still see you as a lover"..... seriously man a lover? this sucks and basically cements her side bitch status. Maybe its just me but I feel like she should be at least equal to Kylie even if she can't legally be his wife.

Anyways I hope things change on that front as I play through the rest of the game I would prefer if they somehow got married like they changed the law to allow slaves and masters to marry so MC and Airi get the ending they deserve. if not that then I at least want to see her treated equal to Kylie.

regardless I like the game and wish you luck in development Erochaser and you earned a donation from me :)

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Only part I don't really like is Airi's position in the harem. Its become pretty clear as the story progresses that there is a distinct line drawn between the wives and the slaves and Airi is definitely in the slave camp. It really sucks that the second Kylie shows up Airi gets instantly demoted to side bitch status.
Other than Kylie who's definitely number 1, Airi and Maya are definitely treated like the other wives. Whether Airi should be number one will always be contentious with the community but she's definitely not just a side girl and she's even more definitely not on the level of the other slaves.
Honestly, I don't really care about it but I feel like Kylie being MC's number 1 really cements how much he loves Airi when he repeatedly tells anyone that he doesn't want to be a lord, he doesn't want a harem or to be a slave owner, and that he'd have given it all up to marry Airi. Him and Kylie are soul mates but he really doesn't love Airi on some lower tier.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
Other than Kylie who's definitely number 1, Airi and Maya are definitely treated like the other wives. Whether Airi should be number one will always be contentious with the community but she's definitely not just a side girl and she's even more definitely not on the level of the other slaves.
Honestly, I don't really care about it but I feel like Kylie being MC's number 1 really cements how much he loves Airi when he repeatedly tells anyone that he doesn't want to be a lord, he doesn't want a harem or to be a slave owner, and that he'd have given it all up to marry Airi. Him and Kylie are soul mates but he really doesn't love Airi on some lower tier.
Yeah that's fair MC's thoughts are not mine so even if Kylie is not my favorite its fine. I'm just saying this is the direction I would like. And if MC does see Airi as a wife and not just a lover then frickin say it and I would be satisfied. maybe its just where I am in the story cause I haven't finished it but to my mind MC definitely does not treat Airi with as much affection as Kylie or even Molly admittedly I haven't seen much of Maddie and Natalie yet since they just showed up where I am in the story. So I can't say much about them.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Yeah that's fair MC's thoughts are not mine so even if Kylie is not my favorite its fine. I'm just saying this is the direction I would like. And if MC does see Airi as a wife and not just a lover then frickin say it and I would be satisfied. maybe its just where I am in the story cause I haven't finished it but to my mind MC definitely does not treat Airi with as much affection as Kylie or even Molly admittedly I haven't seen much of Maddie and Natalie yet since they just showed up where I am in the story. So I can't say much about them.
Everything's been set aside for the main story for the most part this past little while. None of the wives really got as much screen time as they probably should've but Airi really hasn't fallen behind anyone but Kylie.
Biggest thing is the house navigation gets updated and Airi and Maya's room is the first in the spouse wing. She also gets a few more scenes with him throughout the past few updates where the MC and her address the insecurities she does have. It's the MC talking to other people that really shows how much she means to him though.

Also since I'm not sure many people have played through 2.6 I'll keep this in a spoiler, but I really don't think Airi is going to be a slave for much longer given what happens in it.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Everything's been set aside for the main story for the most part this past little while. None of the wives really got as much screen time as they probably should've but Airi really hasn't fallen behind anyone but Kylie.
Biggest thing is the house navigation gets updated and Airi and Maya's room is the first in the spouse wing. She also gets a few more scenes with him throughout the past few updates where the MC and her address the insecurities she does have. It's the MC talking to other people that really shows how much she means to him though.

Also since I'm not sure many people have played through 2.6 I'll keep this in a spoiler, but I really don't think Airi is going to be a slave for much longer given what happens in it.
Your spoiler idea, IF / when it happens would most likely be late CH3 or even CH 4 or 5, I don't know how many chapters are planned.
Airi IS more than a slave, (A) Because she lives in the spouse wing & (B) She holds almost as much power over the slaves as Mali does. This was a recent discussion on the Discord as well.

70adbbf98a31836210e4e4bc3192f036.png

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Azora epic temper tantrum at her wedding revealed in clint diary had me lmao, i can just imagine seeing it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
screenshot0001.png
That was ruthless :eek:

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
hi Erochaser I have finished this update also I played through the game again and holy fucking shit my mind is completely blown and a lot of the scenes make sense now also a lot of questions was answered but now there's a lot more questions
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm looking forward to the next update oh whoops oh well everyone on here can see what the C stands for. and I'm sorry rambling again

Reactions: Erochaser
3.80 star(s) 38 Votes