JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
I have the same "problem" with some other games as well.
I hardly can wait for the next update because the game so far is that good.

In this case it is especially noticeable as I'm normally not a massive fan of "Chicks with Dicks" but this game is making good progress on ... "converting me".
I know what you mean.
I especially like games which are more on a realistic side in terms of variety (not all females having huge boobs for example) or a not too fast pased story.
And this game is one of them, so I'm looking forward to the next update.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Oh, gotcha. Thought it was somehow a comment about the length of the game!
But yes, I wouldn't oppose a lot more visibility ;)
Sadly a lot of that has to do with the name.

"Futagenesis" seems a generic name so many players assume it is a lazy asset flip and thus skip and don't bother to look at the thread or the preview pictures.
A true shame as it is one of the better AVN's I played recently.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Sadly a lot of that has to do with the name.

"Futagenesis" seems a generic name so many players assume it is a lazy asset flip and thus skip and don't bother to look at the thread or the preview pictures.
A true shame as it is one of the better AVN's I played recently.
Ultimately, it really came down to me wanting there to be a clear indication that this is a futa game, to avoid the animosity that people seem to bring when they feel "blindsided" by the presence of futa.

Plus, there's more to the name than might appear at first glance...

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Oh right, because having hours of content before it reaches v0.1, which most games here start at, really gives a false impression. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to rest my eyes from rolling this hard.
There's no set amount of content mandated for a 0.1 release. You can't have "too much." All 0.1 means is it's the first release of the 0 (pre-finished) line. You can have whatever internal versioning you want, but your external version should be sequential. Otherwise, you might as well name your first release 0.3897.42 and it would make the same amount of sense.

If you name a release Chapter 4, people are going to assume there's 3 chapters before it. It says nothing about how long those chapters are. Some authors may prefer short chapters and others might prefer longer ones.

Likewise, if you name a release .4 or .04, they're going to assume there's 3 releases beforehand. If you have an issue with it, feel free to take it up with years of release convention. I'm just telling you how it's perceived.

Software versioning isn't that hard. I wrote it as constructive criticism, but if you prefer to sass instead, I'm happy to do that too. You have a good game, but it's a shame about how you respond to criticism. Cheers.

Last edited:

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
There's no set amount of content mandated for a 0.1 release. You can't have "too much." All 0.1 means is it's the first release of the 0 (pre-finished) line. You can have whatever internal versioning you want, but your external version should be sequential. Otherwise, you might as well name your first release 0.3897.42 and it would make the same amount of sense.

If you name a release Chapter 4, people are going to assume there's 3 chapters before it. It says nothing about how long those chapters are. Some authors may prefer short chapters and others might prefer longer ones.

Likewise, if you name a release .4 or .04, they're going to assume there's 3 releases beforehand. If you have an issue with it, feel free to take it up with years of release convention. I'm just telling you how it's perceived.

Software versioning isn't that hard. I wrote it as constructive criticism, but if you prefer to sass instead, I'm happy to do that too. You have a good game, but it's a shame about how you respond to criticism. Cheers.
Yeah, my sass meter might have been tuned up a bit too high yesterday. But in my (admittedly weak) defense, you left it open to interpret you were suggesting that I'm trying to intentionally obfuscate the content, which simply isn't the case.

I thought about this before releasing the game; it didn't just get pulled out of thin air. I'll just express some of those thoughts here:

1. Naming releases as "Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc"

IMO this is clunky. What do I name a release when it's a small bugfix? Chapter 2 Bugfix 1? Is that how I want to present the game visually upon download or in-game? Not really. What if Chapter 2 is much larger than Chapter 1, as it is in my game, and I release it in two parts and then add a bugfix release for the first half? Am I naming this release Chapter 2 Part 1 Bugfix 1? This is getting out of hand. What is this actually conveying about the scope of the release, ultimately? If Part 1 of Chapter 2 is similar in length to all of Chapter 1, does this naming convention actually misrepresent that scope? I'd say so.

2. You're insinuating that software versioning conventions are homogeneous in practice, and that I am in violation of this. They . I'll just take a look at the first page of Latest Updates right now. Here are some version numbers from the page:
  • v0.1.0
  • v0.11.1 (previous release was v0.10.4)
  • v0.15 (previous release was v0.10)
  • Ch. 2 v0.1
  • v1.0 Beta (v1.0 is a beta? what?)
  • 23-03-17 (not a version number)
  • Prototype10p2 (initial release)
  • v0.2.0c (previous release was v0.1.5e)
  • v1.0a
Do any of these have an intuitive versioning scheme? Are they consistent? Can you make any assumptions from any of them how many releases were released beforehand? Not remotely.

3. Naming releases in sequential order, e.g. "0.01, 0.02, etc"

This is effectively what I'm doing. Even numbers are major releases. Odd numbers are minor/bugfix releases. Every major release is similar in scope. Would it have been fine to leave it is v0.XX.Y where Y = minor/bugfix releases? Sure. But it's not inherently any more intuitive than my scheme, because no one here follows any convention and no one can assume anything about release scopes from the version number alone. I provided this numbering scheme and its explanation for the change log, and I give thorough summaries of the content of each release. That does way more for establishing expectations than following any particular numbering convention would.

I don't think I'm giving any false impressions here.

Anyways, I should get back working on the VN. I apologize for the sass, but don't assume I didn't have my reasons for things.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yeah, my sass meter might have been tuned up a bit too high yesterday. But in my (admittedly weak) defense, you left it open to interpret you were suggesting that I'm trying to intentionally obfuscate the content, which simply isn't the case.

I thought about this before releasing the game; it didn't just get pulled out of thin air. I'll just express some of those thoughts here:

IMO this is clunky. What do I name a release when it's a small bugfix? Chapter 2 Bugfix 1? Is that how I want to present the game visually upon download or in-game? Not really. What if Chapter 2 is much larger than Chapter 1, as it is in my game, and I release it in two parts and then add a bugfix release for the first half? Am I naming this release Chapter 2 Part 1 Bugfix 1? This is getting out of hand. What is this actually conveying about the scope of the release, ultimately? If Part 1 of Chapter 2 is similar in time to all of Chapter 1, does this naming convention actually misrepresent that scope? I'd say so.

2. You're insinuating that software versioning conventions are homogeneous in practice, and that I am in violation of this. They . I'll just take a look at the first page of the site right now. Here are some version numbers from the page:
  • v0.1.0
  • Ch. 2 v0.1
  • v1.0a
Do any of these have an intuitive versioning scheme? Are they consistent? Can you make any assumptions from any of them how many releases were released beforehand? Not remotely.

This is effectively what I'm doing. Even numbers are major releases. Odd numbers are minor/bugfix releases. Every major release is similar in scope. Would it have been fine to leave it is v0.XX.Y where Y = minor/bugfix releases? Sure. But it's not inherently any more intuitive than my scheme, because no one here follows any convention and no one can assume anything about release scopes from the version number alone. I provide this numbering scheme and its explanation at the top of the change log, and I give thorough summaries of the content of each release.

Anyways, I should get back working on the VN. I apologize for the sass, but don't assume I didn't have my reasons for things.
Sass where sass was due is never bad, my friend. Joke 'em if they can't take a f***. The fact that that you even had to address such a pointless and asinine topic is testament to the ever lowering IQ of the general populous of this, our planet Earth. I, for one, am ready and rarin' to go for more of Jenny just as soon as you have her ready to be seen, my friend!:love:

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.04.03 - 20.41.13.87.png

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Ultimately, it really came down to me wanting there to be a clear indication that this is a futa game, to avoid the animosity that people seem to bring when they feel "blindsided" by the presence of futa.

Plus, there's more to the name than might appear at first glance...
Just saying that the on the surface generic sounding name is part of the reason why this game does not receive as much attention as it deserves.

The whiners about the "Crap Dickgirl Shit" are coming regardless of how obscure or clear the title is.
I've seen them for games here from the author "Futaphrodite" with that name in the title.

You can try to avoid them, but idiots will find you no matter what you do.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
One way to try to advertise is putting the game on your signature, either via a link or a picture or both. :)
I also think that when we get more sex scenes between Jenny and the other girls maybe we will get a bit more of trafic for the thread.

Brannon agree about the bigots and attention whores. They always come.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
One way to try to advertise is putting the game on your signature, either via a link or a picture or both. :)
I also think that when we get more sex scenes between Jenny and the other girls maybe we will get a bit more of trafic for the thread.

Brannon agree about the bigots and attention whores. They always come.
I indeed do have a link to it in my signature.

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019

IMO this is clunky. What do I name a release when it's a small bugfix? Chapter 2 Bugfix 1? Is that how I want to present the game visually upon download or in-game? Not really. What if Chapter 2 is much larger than Chapter 1, as it is in my game, and I release it in two parts and then add a bugfix release for the first half? Am I naming this release Chapter 2 Part 1 Bugfix 1? This is getting out of hand. What is this actually conveying about the scope of the release, ultimately? If Part 1 of Chapter 2 is similar in length to all of Chapter 1, does this naming convention actually misrepresent that scope? I'd say so.

2. You're insinuating that software versioning conventions are homogeneous in practice, and that I am in violation of this. They . I'll just take a look at the first page of Latest Updates right now. Here are some version numbers from the page:
  • v0.1.0
  • Ch. 2 v0.1
  • v1.0a

This is effectively what I'm doing. Even numbers are major releases. Odd numbers are minor/bugfix releases. Every major release is similar in scope. Would it have been fine to leave it is v0.XX.Y where Y = minor/bugfix releases? Sure. But it's not inherently any more intuitive than my scheme, because no one here follows any convention and no one can assume anything about release scopes from the version number alone. I provided this numbering scheme and its explanation for the change log, and I give thorough summaries of the content of each release. That does way more for establishing expectations than following any particular numbering convention would.

When people talk about numbers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And no, sass can never be too high. :HideThePain:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It doesn't help that we're only allowed five links in our signature. There have been quite a few games of late that I would put links to, but they'd need to bump one of the others I've got off the list

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I am using all fives for games that i found interesting but are on the low side of support.

4.70 star(s) 60 Votes