Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I'm normally really patient, but since I like this game very much for its reasonable and believable progression... Out of curiosity, what are our chances on an update approaching?
The chance is:

Yes.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
From early march. :cool:
v0.06 Progress Update (March) (Patreon)
2023-03-05 04:44:57

Content

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give a quick progress update and share some thoughts about v0.06.
Again, I want to thank all of you for supporting me and this project. It really wouldn't be possible without you.
I began earnestly working on v0.06 soon after the public release of v0.04. I would have started sooner, but as some of you know, I had to redo some parts of Chapter 1 between the Patreon release and the public release, fix some issues, etc, and then spend some time supporting the public release. So I'm about five weeks into developing v0.06, and progress is going decently well.
The initial plan was to try to have a faster release by splitting up Chapter 2, which I thought would be shorter than Chapter 1, into two releases. That's still the plan, but storyboarding Chapter 2 made me realize that it's actually going to be a good deal longer than Chapter 1! So the thought that I could release it in shorter 300-render increments was off the table. I definitely can't cut this first half into two smaller chunks without ruining the narrative flow. Even splitting it up into two pieces isn't ideal, but I don't want you guys to have to wait any longer than necessary for updates.
So, all that to say, here's some estimates:
  • v0.06 is currently slated for ~500 images, and covers the first half of Chapter 2. The second half, v0.08, will be about 400 renders... I hope.
  • In all, I expect the word count for Chapter 2 to exceed Chapter 1 by quite a bit.
  • v0.06 will have 3 puzzles (possibly 4). Two of them are five stars! One of these daydreams will use some of the renders from the recent sci-fi comic, but the text and context of the daydream will be entirely different. v0.08 will have ~5 puzzles, and will be introducing a new puzzle type (the second set of unlockables in the gallery).
  • I'm still on track to include the Chapter Unlock feature, with the ability to return to previous subsections of each chapter for easy replay of scenes. It will be possible to start these replays in either Normal Mode or Story Mode.
  • The 3D images will be improved in v0.06. I always tested with a headset, and didn't realize that the images have to be reversed to properly view with crossed eyes. If you previously tried viewing them and doubted your own capacity to view these images, give it a try again in v0.06. They look great when arranged properly. There will be a toggle in the menu to switch between headset mode and cross-eyed modes.
Okay, back to writing. If you've read this far, you're a superstar and Jenny says hi!
- TessaXYZ
8b34557cfab0493b3a9ff916ab33ad30f95e88e9213bfdf28b0dbe83ad75dae5.png

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Well with the kind of quality proposed by the game the long development time is expected. Now I am torn. I personaly realy like the puzzules. I might skip 0.6 to wait for the compleet chapter, but the puzzules might draw me in anyway, especialy since ther will be the first five stars puzzules.

Thanks a lot for the news.

JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for the dev update and sorry if I may sounded impatient, it wasn't meant as a complain or something like that.
I agree that the game's quality require a longer development time, I was just curious about the progress so far.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the dev update and sorry if I may sounded impatient, it wasn't meant as a complain or something like that.
I agree that the game's quality require a longer development time, I was just curious about the progress so far.
I have the same "problem" with some other games as well.
I hardly can wait for the next update because the game so far is that good.

In this case it is especially noticeable as I'm normally not a massive fan of "Chicks with Dicks" but this game is making good progress on ... "converting me".

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020

In this case it is especially noticeable as I'm normally not a massive fan of "Chicks with Dicks" but this game is making good progress on ... "converting me".
Same. :KEK: I've played a few others though but this is one of my favorites

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020

Give yourself to the dark side.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
What's with the versioning being .04, .06, .08? There's conventions in software versioning that devs should be better at following.

I would have thought that .04 meant the 4th release in the series, and not the 2nd. And then .06 only being the first half of Chapter 2, so release .08 is the full chapter 2? This kind of versioning does nothing but give the false impression that the game is further along than it is.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
What's with the versioning being .04, .06, .08? There's conventions in software versioning that devs should be better at following.

I would have thought that .04 meant the 4th release in the series, and not the 2nd. And then .06 only being the first half of Chapter 2, so release .08 is the full chapter 2? This kind of versioning does nothing but give the false impression that the game is further along than it is.
Oh right, because having hours of content before it reaches v0.1, which most games here start at, really gives a false impression. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to rest my eyes from rolling this hard.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Some people don't understand the difference between an internal version and a release version.

Nor do they grasp the concept of "versioning" as a whole.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
But... But what if I can't have gluten? Is there a gluten-free Sith Lord option?

P.S. Cum is fine, so long as there's chocolate :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Damn another one.. only 5 pages! This deserves so much more love!! I guess only being two updates in is part of it, but still this is phenomenal and one of only two Futa games I've really enjoyed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TessaXYZ

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Damn another one.. only 5 pages! This deserves so much more love!! I guess only being two updates in is part of it, but still this is phenomenal and one of only two Futa games I've really enjoyed.
I'm confused by what you mean by 5 pages...
But yes, lots more to come.
I'm glad you liked it!

Reactions: Aion_Abyss
4.70 star(s) 60 Votes