#24 November 30th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #24 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

carz31

Feb 14, 2017
View attachment 1526086

Weekly Progress Report #24 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.
Steam icon says March 31, 2022. Has it been delayed again?

Reactions: dragonsix6969

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Steam icon says March 31, 2022. Has it been delayed again?
Yeah, I'll have a formal post about it soon, but we went over things a few days ago and realized there's just no way possible we'll have stuff completed by December 31st, and we don't want to Cyberpunk everyone either.

We've made really good progress, don't get me wrong; at the same time, yeah, it's gonna probably take another month or two, plus we need time to bugtest the finished game which should take about 2-3 weeks itself.
------------------------
Right now, the three biggest issues time-sink wise are:
  • Needing time for bugtesting once all's said and done; there's just a ridiculous number of variations/paths for events, not to mention all the gameplay mechanics
  • The majority of voicework is going to only be able to be recorded starting in January due to people being away for the holidays: this isn't on them though, this is on me for not getting them the script fast enough, so I don't blame them a bit
  • The true final boss fight is still being worked on, with the second programmer being mostly done, but Frouge still needs time to fully integrate it with the rest of the game/polish things

So like before, we put the date ahead of what we actually expect it to be, but this time around when I make the post, I'm not going to give an exact release date until the game is 100% finished and is being bugtested, etc.

We'll likely end up participating in Steam's Next Fest too, because of how close it is to March, so hopefully that'll help things wishlist-wise, because we'll need it given the below notes about the debt.
------------------------
And as before:
  • The Patreon has continued to drop around $500 less each month, and has been below the "making enough to keep afloat" line for some time now, so my debt just increases every month we don't release; I can promise you we want this out more than anyone else. I've already got three maxed out credit cards.
  • You're free to request a refund at any time for any reason for as much as you've pledged, no matter how much it is.
I'd rather go into debt more than release something incomplete, because people spending their money on this game don't deserve something buggy and with core content missing, especially after how long it's taken us.

That all said, we're pretty dang close to the finish line, so really shouldn't be too much longer.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
and then again the transfer and again the transfer is also not good, just make release date 2077, 100% guarantee
What do you mean by "transfer"?
And nah it'll be out within the next few months, probably 97% of the game overall is done, you can play it from beginning to end etc.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
yes, only one level like it's called electro level yes? while others look like demo for now, i will be wait, now it has become fashionable, you know early access, postpone release.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
yes, only one level like it's called electro level yes? while others look like demo for now, i will be wait, now it has become fashionable, you know early access, postpone release.
Our game isn't in early access on Steam though, if that's what you mean, but still not too sure what you mean about "transfer".

All the levels have completed maps, all the game mechanics and functionality (besides controller testing) are in for the most part, all the enemies and artwork is in (besides a few animations), etc.

So the game really is mostly complete, but there are still those core factors left; the true final boss, implemented and finalized cutscenes, and voicework as the last large chunks.

There's also bug testing that needs to be done on all of it, because the last thing we want to do is to put out a buggy mess, and you can see just how many bugs there are left to fix over at

And here's an example of just how many situations we have to test the powerups in (and what's been tested with them):

There's two tabs there at the bottom, we have single powerups tested against a variety of things and then two powerups at once tested to see if there's any odd interactions.

Then there's the list of bugs so far we need to fix and what we have fixed;

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
just put 2077 to be sure, without month and day, about the scenes you said there were not all the scenes in the demo, that in the final version there will be more, sorry, of course, but even in the demo the maps look incomplete only the electro level and the gameplay remained unchanged, it is not clear why sometimes you can use the abilities sometimes not.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
just put 2077 to be sure, without month and day, about the scenes you said there were not all the scenes in the demo, that in the final version there will be more, sorry, of course, but even in the demo the maps look incomplete only the electro level and the gameplay remained unchanged, it is not clear why sometimes you can use the abilities sometimes not.
That demo build is 3 years old at this point; the in house build and testers builds are borderline unrecognizable compared to the patreon demos and public build.

We haven't put out a demo anywhere in over a year now besides the tester builds for our testers, so I'm not sure why you'd think nothing's changed since then.

As for why you can't use abilities, in each level when you beat the boss, you get their abilities.

So if you're on level 1, you've beaten no bosses so you wouldn't have any abilities. A lot of stuff like this is clear now in the tester/in-house builds.

How long have you been making this game since 2015 or since 2016? how do you want me to say more precisely "transfer"? threw out a new release date?
Since January 2015, yeah; unfortunately it's taken that long but all we've been doing is our best since the start, and if you or anyone else wants a refund like I said we're happy to give it.

As far as calling it "transfer", that isn't normally a term or word English speakers would use for this; they'd likely call it a "delay" or "pushed back" or even just "changed the date".

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
I'm just interested if the final release will have all of those animations we've seen in demos, or will there gonna be more content? Kinda spoiled myself playing the demos and here's me hoping that there'll be content that we didn't see in the demos.

Good luck with the release though :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm just interested if the final release will have all of those animations we've seen in demos, or will there gonna be more content? Kinda spoiled myself playing the demos and here's me hoping that there'll be content that we didn't see in the demos.

Good luck with the release though :)
It'll have all the demo animations, plus:
- 5 "Stealth Area" animations
- 9 "Special NPC" animations
- Bad ending animations
- 4 "POV" animations

There's also some animations that it's likely some people just haven't seen because they were only in a build or two, like the gangbangs in The End.

Non-sex animation-wise, there's a lot of content that wasn't in the demos that'll be coming in the full game, over 100 new cutscenes, over 100 new databanks, lots more music, sound effects, redone maps across all levels, new mechanics/functionality/aesthetics, all the endings, secret events/endings, the true final boss fight, etc.

And thanks a lot for the well wishes :D

Reactions: anon241

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
in recent years, the gaming industry has gotten so caught up in the mud and drowned in a swamp, it's hard to believe any "developers", especially those who take a long time to create 1 game.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
in recent years, the gaming industry has gotten so caught up in the mud and drowned in a swamp, it's hard to believe any "developers", especially those who take a long time to create 1 game.
I understand, but hopefully when the game is released it'll be worth the wait and the amount of content in it will make sense as to why it took that long.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

Neverscored

Sep 23, 2017

I really hate to post this, but it is what it is; this will be, absolutely, objectively, the final delay for Future Fragments, and you'll see why when you read it.

Inside of the post is a list of the things we have yet to get done, in pretty robust detail; I encourage you all to read it so you know what's left, as well as the new, final, unchangeable date we'll be submitting it to Steam.

If we don't submit to Steam by December 31st, 2021 or EARLIER (as we will be trying to get it out much earlier than that), the game will BE RELEASED FOR FREE.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask here or on the Discord where we're a lot more active, at
Untitled.png

So what's the deal with this?

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes