zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
just wondering i may have ask this befor a long time back but will all the stage's be added in to one big download are will you have to download the each.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
just wondering i may have ask this befor a long time back but will all the stage's be added in to one big download are will you have to download the each.
The full, for-sale game will have all of the stages in one large game together, with the events/storyline/choices you do interconnected between levels.

We're only doing them as separate levels for the demos because we add in new global gameplay features and assets per demo, and if we had to update all the levels every time we added or tweaked something, the game wouldn't be done until 2050.

Adjusting all the levels just one time once all the assets/game mechanics/etc. are in saves us years of effort, effectively.

ScrollPast

Dec 18, 2018
I played the demo and it was great. It made me want to program my own platformer 18+ game idea, so I'm curious, what engine was used to make Future Fragments? Originally I tried to make my game on Gamemaker Studio 2 but I was told by the legal team that it was against the EULA of the engine, so I gave up on the idea and now I don't know what Engine to use. I'm considering learning Godot or Unreal Engine next, but I'm unsure.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Where in the discord is the new demo?
It's posted in the #announcements channel :)

I'm considering learning Godot or Unreal Engine next, but I'm unsure.
It's out own mainly custom engine, but some good stuff gets made in Godot from what I've seen; for example, was made in Godot!

that's cool keep up the good work. hope i can get money to buy the full game.
Thanks a lot, that's really appreciated!

ScrollPast

Dec 18, 2018
It's out own mainly custom engine, but some good stuff gets made in Godot from what I've seen; for example, was made in Godot!
I'm even more impressed by your game considering that you used a custom engine. I will try to learn Godot then, thanks for the answer. Also I'll definitely download that Tessa game too, looks interesting.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm even more impressed by your game considering that you used a custom engine. I will try to learn Godot then, thanks for the answer. Also I'll definitely download that Tessa game too, looks interesting.
There's 8 other games you might like in this bundle too, it's all free demos;

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Speaking of that adult games bundle, btw;

There's a video showing off the gameplay for each of the free demos in the bundle!

(and again you can get the bundle at )

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I played the demo and it was great. It made me want to program my own platformer 18+ game idea, so I'm curious, what engine was used to make Future Fragments? Originally I tried to make my game on Gamemaker Studio 2 but I was told by the legal team that it was against the EULA of the engine, so I gave up on the idea and now I don't know what Engine to use. I'm considering learning Godot or Unreal Engine next, but I'm unsure.
You might want to try looking into Unity. I didn't love it, but it seems like it has more features than Godot. I don't have any experience with Godot.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I thought Future fragments was finished, how long has this game been in development?
We started around January 2015; the game's scheduled to be finished March 31st, 2021, if all goes well.

It's been a long journey but we've stuffed probably 50-60+ hours of content into this if you're looking to see all the content/events etc. with the voiceacting alone taking up well over 20 hours :p

Future games shouldn't take nearly as long now that our custom engine is mostly complete, which we've been building alongside development on the game itself.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
We started around January 2015; the game's scheduled to be finished March 31st, 2021, if all goes well.

It's been a long journey but we've stuffed probably 50-60+ hours of content into this if you're looking to see all the content/events etc. with the voiceacting alone taking up well over 20 hours :p

Future games shouldn't take nearly as long now that our custom engine is mostly complete, which we've been building alongside development on the game itself.

Ah that explains things, really was just wondering what the hell was going on because i could have sworn way back that it did have a technical ending and that was it. :p

But hey, more power to you guys if you are building the engine along side, the code i'm going to guess is either easy to understand Java or mainstream C#/C+? otherwise... please let me know the language of choice your using... Ruby? HTML+? :ROFLMAO:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah that explains things, really was just wondering what the hell was going on because i could have sworn way back that it did have a technical ending and that was it. :p

But hey, more power to you guys if you are building the engine along side, the code i'm going to guess is either easy to understand Java or mainstream C#/C+? otherwise... please let me know the language of choice your using... Ruby? HTML+? :ROFLMAO:
I couldn't tell you to be honest, I'm not the programmer; all I know is that at this point we basically have a fully functional level creator/engine that's like Mario Maker on steroids as it gives me total control over camera/lighting/audio and cutscenes/events/flags, all without needing to program at all.

You can see a much earlier version of it below;

Reactions: Nabnub

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Just as a reminder, wishlisting us on Steam helps us out lots with the Steam algorithms!

Basically, Steam uses wishlists to check and see how prominently they want to show you in suggestions/search results for similar games; the more wishlists we get, the higher up we go.

That means likely more sales, which means we'll be able to afford things like translations for the game and have more money to pour into the sequel where you play as Faye!

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
ok have not played in a long time faye is the red haed right. because the one that help's the blue haired chicka is to powerful to be taken down by enemy's. i still would love some good scene's with her lol.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes