TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Most of that activity was asking about the new ratings. Don't know if that's useful thread activity to anyone.
True that it might not have been useful. But even bad publicity is still... publicity. At least it brought the game back to people's minds. And us discussing this past event still helps the game show up in the alerts for other people :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
But the current state is lacking in terms of features, in my opinion. The base set of features never got expanded past the unique level mechanics.
Gotta disagree on this one, but if you haven't checked out the game in a few years, I can understand why you might have that viewpoint.
  • 50 powerups that change gameplay by letting you do things like float by shooting downwards, shoot through walls, poison enemies, ground pound enemies, accelerate your speed the longer you run, etc. and all of these can be mixed (up to 3 at once) for more effects too
  • 40 endings, all completely different from one another
  • Stun system that has strategy built into it (enemies do regular damage and then stun damage separately, can mitigate stun through strategies/powerups)
  • A built-in level editor that lets you make your own maps and cutscenes and trade them with other people
  • 150+ databanks and 120+ cutscenes that all link into one another
  • 25 hours of voicework across 100+ characters
  • Every choice you make in a cutscene AND outside of cutscenes (killing or sparing enemies) changes Talia's personality in one of eight personality traits, which then further affects cutscenes/endings
  • 20+ easter egg events / secret events
  • 3 Boss abilities that give Talia more utility/attacks
  • Full controller support
  • Over 100 hand-animated sex animations (no palette swaps)
  • 3 hours of dynamic music that changes in real time with what's happening in the game
  • 20 enemies with 2 animations and a CG each
  • 7 bosses that all have multiple attacks/abilities and multiple phases, most of them with CGs and long sprite sex animations
  • Enemies given pathfinding abilities, actual AI, etc.
  • Sex on win, loss, and exploration
  • Speedrun mode that gives special endings, locks powerup RNG, and removes story elements
  • 100 in-game achievements, all of which are skill/exploration-based, that unlock features like the animation gallery, debug mode, and so on
  • Databank / Glossary system that unlocks more worldbuilding and enemy info whenever you read a new databank (as well as archiving all existing databanks to read later)
  • Over 1000 sound effects
  • Lots of quality of life features (mute male or female voices, reconfigure controls, automatic graphical quality adjustment based on computer quality, default keyboard setup configured based on your country etc.)
  • Full translation into multiple languages after release
I dunno too many games, SFW or NSFW, that have a full level editor Mario Maker style + cutscene maker, 40 endings, 50 powerups you can mix and match 3 at a time of, 20 hours of voicework, over 300 cutscene variants/connections and 100+ characters all at once :p

Don't get me wrong, if none of that is to your taste, that's fine, just stating that we're not hurting too much in terms of features.

Last edited:

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Gotta disagree on this one, but if you haven't checked out the game in a few years, I can understand why you might have that viewpoint.
  • 50 powerups that change gameplay by letting you do things like float by shooting downwards, shoot through walls, poison enemies, ground pound enemies, accelerate your speed the longer you run, etc. and all of these can be mixed (up to 3 at once) for more effects too
  • 40 endings, all completely different from one another
  • Stun system that has strategy built into it (enemies do regular damage and then stun damage separately, can mitigate stun through strategies/powerups)
  • A built-in level editor that lets you make your own maps and cutscenes and trade them with other people
  • 150+ databanks and 120+ cutscenes that all link into one another
  • 25 hours of voicework across 100+ characters
  • Every choice you make in a cutscene AND outside of cutscenes (killing or sparing enemies) changes Talia's personality in one of eight personality traits, which then further affects cutscenes/endings
  • 20+ easter egg events / secret events
  • 3 Boss abilities that give Talia more utility/attacks
  • Full controller support
  • Over 100 hand-animated sex animations (no palette swaps)
  • 3 hours of dynamic music that changes in real time with what's happening in the game
  • 20 enemies with 2 animations and a CG each
  • 7 bosses that all have multiple attacks/abilities and multiple phases, most of them with CGs and long sprite sex animations
  • Enemies given pathfinding abilities, actual AI, etc.
  • Sex on win, loss, and exploration
  • Speedrun mode that gives special endings, locks powerup RNG, and removes story elements
  • 100 in-game achievements, all of which are skill/exploration-based, that unlock features like the animation gallery, debug mode, and so on
  • Databank / Glossary system that unlocks more worldbuilding and enemy info whenever you read a new databank (as well as archiving all existing databanks to read later)
  • Over 1000 sound effects
  • Lots of quality of life features (mute male or female voices, reconfigure controls, automatic graphical quality adjustment based on computer quality, default keyboard setup configured based on your country etc.)
  • Full translation into multiple languages after release
I dunno too many games, SFW or NSFW, that have a full level editor Mario Maker style + cutscene maker, 40 endings, 50 powerups you can mix and match 3 at a time of, 20 hours of voicework, over 300 cutscene variants/connections and 100+ characters all at once :p

Don't get me wrong, if none of that is to your taste, that's fine, just stating that we're not hurting too much in terms of features.
It is good to have a list of all this present here since it will allow people to have a more clear understaiding of what they will be getting if they choose to purchase the game.
My personal opinion was that even with this amount of effort it wasn't spent on something I would personally find appealing in a H platformer. But I'd rather not argue about it anymore expecially since it is my personal opinion.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It is good to have a list of all this present here since it will allow people to have a more clear understaiding of what they will be getting if they choose to purchase the game.
My personal opinion was that even with this amount of effort it wasn't spent on something I would personally find appealing in a H platformer. But I'd rather not argue about it anymore expecially since it is my personal opinion.
A similar list is on Gamejolt, Itch, Steam, and most other places; I've posted it here a few times but it's not in the OP simply because the OP is already fairly cluttered with info, etc.

I should at least edit the OP with the Steam trailer though as a direct upload somewhere;

And yeah, I mean, if stuff on that list doesn't interest you at all, that's totally fine; we're definitely not expecting to please everyone with our game, and the great thing is that with a lot of other adult action games coming out like the ones you named, they can each cater to a specific userbase (ex. Crisis Point is much more of a metroidvania than our game which is more of a platformer, our game focuses more on story than Night of Revenge, etc.).

I do intend to make lots of other games with lots of different features/content too in the future, of course.

The main point of that wall of text was just correcting the statement that we "didn't have many features" or "hadn't expanded on the base features" :p

Reactions: TheNextOne

Spstr64

Oct 17, 2018
40 endings. gosh.
I hope the wiki will be up to date, to know how to view them all.
Though I'd love for there to be one and contribute to it, wiki doesn't allow NSFW content which would make it pretty difficult to compile a proper encyclopedia on the game.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
On PC, window opens but crashes immediately. Turned off anti virus and tried again, still did the same thing
Okay, try this;
- Unzip the game's zip file to a folder
- Then, right click on the .exe for the game (Future Fragments v0.48v1.exe) and pick to unzip that to a folder
- In this new folder, run "Future_Fragments_Game.exe"

That should work, hopefully.

carz31

Feb 14, 2017
Okay, try this;
- Unzip the game's zip file to a folder
- Then, right click on the .exe for the game (Future Fragments v0.48v1.exe) and pick to unzip that to a folder
- In this new folder, run "Future_Fragments_Game.exe"

That should work, hopefully.
Tried that too. No dice. Strange because I've played the previous versions of demo before and had no issues until now.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Tried that too. No dice. Strange because I've played the previous versions of demo before and had no issues until now.
So if you can, try opening your Task Manager and then open the game and tell me what new processes pop up.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
It seems to be close to being "completed" from what I gather reading the thread, it seems to have a truckload of features but by now you guys must have an version 1.0 end goal in view right?

In other words, what is still missing from the game to reach that 1.0 and if there's a ballpark date for that release?

Also once you ship the completed game, are there any plans for DLC or anything else related to future fragments? Or does the dev team already have their next project in mind?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It seems to be close to being "completed" from what I gather reading the thread, it seems to have a truckload of features but by now you guys must have an version 1.0 end goal in view right?
So to be clear, the version number isn't "percent complete"; it just means every month of development.
So v0.01 is 1 month of work, v0.02 is 2 months, etc.
Additionally, some months got additional content/massive under the hood bugfix type stuff, and those versions got additional version names like "v1" or "v2".

As we're at v0.48v2 right now, with v3 coming up end-month, plus our previous programmer costing us about 7 months, we're at roughly 65 months of work with that version number.

We're aiming to complete the game in March 2021 as of now, so the game would effectively go from around v0.53 or something like that to v1.0 instantly on release.

In other words, what is still missing from the game to reach that 1.0 and if there's a ballpark date for that release?
A good amount of content is still left, namely things like the ending CGs, the true final boss fight, polishing the five levels, remaining maps, of course recording all the script for voicework and the cutscene implementation is the big remaining hurdle, as well as programming in the remaining powerups, abilities, new stun system, etc.

Also once you ship the completed game, are there any plans for DLC or anything else related to future fragments? Or does the dev team already have their next project in mind?
talks about Faye's game, the sequel we have planned already, and we do plan to do free DLC and bugfixes for Future Fragments, as well as many more games we've got planned down the line all set in the same universe :)

carz31

Feb 14, 2017
So if you can, try opening your Task Manager and then open the game and tell me what new processes pop up.
It doesn't even show up as a process. A white window opens up and then closes immediately. Other games are working. Another one that notably isn't opening the same way is Crisis Point.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It doesn't even show up as a process. A white window opens up and then closes immediately. Other games are working. Another one that notably isn't opening the same way is Crisis Point.
The only thing I can think of is your operating system just got an update that breaks stuff in it; do you have Windows 10, and if so, what version?

carz31

Feb 14, 2017
The only thing I can think of is your operating system just got an update that breaks stuff in it; do you have Windows 10, and if so, what version?
Windows 10.
I got it to work. Looks like it was either MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner Statistics that was blocking it from opening. After I uninstalled both of those it worked. Strange thing was I've always had those programs and it never caused any problems - maybe its the new version of either of those.

Reactions: cooldude33

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Windows 10.
I got it to work. Looks like it was either MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner Statistics that was blocking it from opening. After I uninstalled both of those it worked. Strange thing was I've always had those programs and it never caused any problems - maybe its the new version of either of those.
That's really weird, sorry for the issues! The final version of the game should be an installer and should bypass issues like that.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes