Trit0

Apr 17, 2018
I played the 0.27 and 0.49 versions, really like the game. Are there more enemies inside the demos than the ones in the gallery?
The Screenshots on the front page show different levels and enemies, will those only be available in the full release?

edit: Also will there be any scenes for multiple enemies being around when Talia gets 'defeated'? or is it 2 scenes (clothed, naked) per enemy and that's it?

smick

Dec 29, 2017
will there be any scenes for multiple enemies being around when Talia gets 'defeated'?
I was planning to ask the same question. There are tags for "group sex" and "oral sex", so i assume there will be. Would love to know for sure as well.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I played the 0.27 and 0.49 versions, really like the game. Are there more enemies inside the demos than the ones in the gallery?
The Screenshots on the front page show different levels and enemies, will those only be available in the full release?

edit: Also will there be any scenes for multiple enemies being around when Talia gets 'defeated'? or is it 2 scenes (clothed, naked) per enemy and that's it?
Regarding content, If I'm trying to make a recap :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Can't thank you enough for that
Caveat; I'm not the programmer so I can't guarantee it'll be in by release, or even in at all, but we'll definitely try!

I played the demo, the picture got better, it seems to me that some enemies were moved and diminished. Actually, I already know this level almost by heart :)
Believe it or not, we didn't change the number of enemies; we did make them more aggressive though, as they'll actively come after you now if they've been attacked.

All five levels are available as Patreon demos right now, but they're in a very WIP state of completion; we haven't updated the Patreon demos in over a year now as we've just been focusing on filling the game out with story events and such.

But all the enemies, bosses, etc. are in those builds.

I was planning to ask the same question. There are tags for "group sex" and "oral sex", so i assume there will be. Would love to know for sure as well.
There are a few like this;
- There's a sex machine that connects to both Talia and Faye at the same time
- The Elder Celodst has animations for 1, 2, or 3 of them having sex with Talia at the same time
- There's also a 2-Celodst animation cutscene in the Ice Level
- Every enemy in The End is able to team up with the other enemies for different animations; this results in a possible 10 normal animations, and then a special 4-way gangbang if all 4 of them get on you for an 11th (plus the CG depicting this too)
- There's two more gangbangs in The End involving Faye and Vie

st0

Dec 7, 2019
0.27EX top-left-most room on P1 (the ???? room) is driving me nuts. I can't even tell what's up there, I just know I must have it! I've figured out how to guide the energy cannon balls towards me with the two gravity switches in the far corner, but I can't see how to freeze them such that I can get to where I want. Am I supposed to try to freeze two of them to create a multi-step ladder, or is there some simpler approach that I'm missing? Any hints?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
0.27EX top-left-most room on P1 (the ???? room) is driving me nuts. I can't even tell what's up there, I just know I must have it! I've figured out how to guide the energy cannon balls towards me with the two gravity switches in the far corner, but I can't see how to freeze them such that I can get to where I want. Am I supposed to try to freeze two of them to create a multi-step ladder, or is there some simpler approach that I'm missing? Any hints?
Here's a hint;

ex.png

Think about how you got past this room / beat this small puzzle.

Reactions: st0

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I really hate to do this, but...

During the making the NextFest demo, we found a LOT of bugs, on top of what bugs we already have.
(If you want to see that list of bugs, it's at )

Along with what content we've got left to do (remaining script and voicework, true final boss, achievements, soundtrack mastering), we realized that if we released in March, Future Fragments would not only be missing core content, it'd be a buggy mess.

So, we've sadly moved the release date to "Spring 2022". That means sometime between now and the end of May.

Even if it's going to skyrocket our debt even more, even if it's going to mean I have to eat ramen daily, we don't want to release the game incomplete or in a poor state with tons of bugs in it; that's just how it is.

To be clear, we're not talking about "continuing development forever to make a perfect game"; there's a lot of content we've already decided not to do and even more we've got planned for post-release. This is entirely about the core game content not being done yet and needing time to bug-test it to get rid of the worst bugs.

You can read more about specific issues we need to complete and time-sinks here;

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
amazing, as I thought :) Are you trying to remove all the bugs in the game now? I think you will have to open early access.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
amazing, as I thought :) Are you trying to remove all the bugs in the game now? I think you will have to open early access.
We can't do early access with the way Steam is setup; additionally, we wouldn't want to even if we could, because it means multiple people would get the game and likely not ever see updates for it, assuming what they're playing is the final game or close to it.

We aren't trying to remove EVERY bug, just the major ones. We know aiming for perfection would be pointless, so we just want to deliver the best game we can and all the core content we can, and then fix anything remaining post-launch.

Above all else, we just don't want to release an incomplete game, even if it means we have to refund lots of people or go further into debt. That's the one principle we won't break.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
this is reminiscent of what happened with some old games, they did not make it on time because the companies either interfered with the project or, on the contrary, cut the budget, but still came out with good games.

st0

Dec 7, 2019
So, we've sadly moved the release date to "Spring 2022". That means sometime between now and the end of May.
Ever the optimist, eh?
even if it's going to mean I have to eat ramen daily
Don't hate!
we don't want to release the game incomplete or in a poor state with tons of bugs in it
Yes, please. Take as long as necessary.
this is reminiscent of what happened with some old games, they did not make it on time because the companies either interfered with the project or, on the contrary, cut the budget, but still came out with good games.
Or not. I'm reminded of Vampries: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game released a few weeks too early. The day 1 release version was such a mess that it was practically unplayable, some of the coders stuck around to fix bugs for a few weeks after the studio closed down, with no guarantee of continued paychecks, and the result was still an attrocious mess. In the years since then, fans have patched the shit out of that game. When patches are used, the game is amazing and one of my absolute all-time favorites. Development of that game destroyed the studio behind it, and the official version was still garbage. It took fan patches to realize the game's potential.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yeah, I'd rather go broke than release it with major content missing.

Reactions: Linlex

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

New tweet about Steam NextFest now that it's started; if you all want to RT it, it'd really help us out.
The demo is updated, with the intro fixed even more, controller buttons added to prompts, and a few other things like that from the demo you played a few days ago.

NextFest in general is the last marketing I'll be doing until all the scriptwork for the game is complete, but NextFest is a big opportunity for us to get a lot of wishlists, and a lot of wishlists = we can pay off our debt faster at release which = we can start work on other games faster.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Installed the demo on Steam, does this game runs only in 30fps ? I have a pc powerful enough for a game like this, still, its locked at 30fps and runs really bad

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Installed the demo on Steam, does this game runs only in 30fps ? I have a pc powerful enough for a game like this, still, its locked at 30fps and runs really bad
The game is set to 30 FPS because of two reasons.

1) Aesthetics; we just prefer 30 FPS games, we grew up on them, and a lot of 60 FPS games can look awkward if not done right, which leads to...

2) We only have one artist for everything in the game visually. This means that, since everything is hand-animated (no skeletons, spine, live2D, etc.) they would need to do double the frames of animation for the animation to look smooth and match the 60 FPS gameplay (as other objects like projectiles etc. would be moving at 60 FPS regardless of animation frames).

Future games in different genres that we'll make, we might set to 60 FPS, but yeah, for this one, it was a combination of a workflow / aesthetic choice.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes