ned digger

Feb 23, 2019
Also, I gotta say the softlock avoidance in P5M2 was a nice touch, and the full "pit" interaction in P2M3 got a good laugh outta me. Plus the room that has
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was a nice challenge to get to as well. So nice to see a platforming game that rewards exploration!

zeus201677

May 24, 2017
We plan to fix most of the bugs before release; that's what the 2 extra months is for.

Also, while I love Vosmug's stuff and we've worked together, the amount of content in FF is probably bigger than the majority of non AAA games, and even some AAA games too. It's not really a fair comparison.

- 150 NPCs, all voiced
- 120 databanks, also all voiced
- 20+ hours of voicework by 90+ voice actors, all of which have to be given voice direction and have their audio cut up and arranged for each character, then equalized volume-wise, per cutscene
- 150+ cutscenes, most with choices, and most that link up to others for at least 300+ variations of cutscenes
- 50 powerups, with 20,000+ combinations possible
- 1,000+ custom sound effects
- 3+ hours of custom music, dynamically playing
- 20 enemies and 10 environmental traps
- 120+ hand drawn sex animations, no reused animations
- 7 bosses with multiple attacks each and multiple phases, most with gigantic sprites that are again animated with no tweening or other assistance
- 5 levels with parallax, multiple tilesets, multiple backgrounds, and multiple visual flair props each
- Custom lighting and physics engine built for the game
- Full level editor and cutscene creator built for the game that lets users make and trade entire levels of their own
- Multiple level mechanics that are unique to each level
- 400,000+ word script
- An achievements system with 100 achievements in the game, no grinding or fetch quests
- A full glossary and bestiary of all enemies, events, backstory, and worldbuilding for the game
- A collections menu for databanks
- A gallery for all the animations and CGs etc.
- 25+ CGs, each with variant pictures and variant scripts, all voiced of course
- 40+ endings, between the true endings, bad endings, and secret endings, each of which get their own theme music
- The "Ideals" system, where every choice you make in a cutscene (and outside of cutscenes too) adds or subtracts points from any of the 8 "traits" you have; sexuality, justice, hatred, violence, pessimism, optimism, pacifism, and kindness, and your current points affect your choices possible or variant of cutscene you get
- 130+ maps across the game
- Extensive testing by a group of 50+ testers for months to find and document all bugs
- Full custom controller support systems with button prompts and such switching in real time

We're a 3 person team (for the core team) plus two audio people, so I'd say thats pretty deserving of about 6 and a half years of work (as our old programmer went AWOL for nearly a year).

This isn't even considering "things outside of the game itself" like;

- replying to backer messages
- sending out emails one by one by hand,
- answering questions on multiple forums (like this) and on discord
- making game design documents for each team member catered to their skillset
- setting up social media and keeping those updated as well as progress updates
- making marketing materials and trailers
- organizing translations
- working with our casting agency to slot in VAs for specific roles, so each NPC needed a writeup for their personality, summary of their cutscene, voice information, etc.
- keeping track of plot continuity and gameplay content ccohesiveness and making organized documents for it

There's a lot of content and work that goes on that people haven't seen or will never see because it's just under the hood stuff.
WOW no kidding...no disrespect "i bite my tongue now" lol :p...worked with Vosmug?? ....That is so legendary....small world i guess?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Also, I gotta say the softlock avoidance in P5M2 was a nice touch, and the full "pit" interaction in P2M3 got a good laugh outta me. Plus the room that has
was a nice challenge to get to as well. So nice to see a platforming game that rewards exploration!
Admittedly, the room with the placeholder stuff will have a neat little cutscene in it in the full game... but no cheat codes anymore. You'll get the cheat codes on game completion, or achieving other special things.

But yeah, we really want to reward playing outside of the box with special endings and special variants on scenes. We're aiming for a lot of "lateral content", meaning that on a given playthrough, you'll probably see only about 10-15% of the story content because of all the variants possible, so as to encourage replayability, but you can get through the game in 4-5 hours per playthrough, despite there being probably 5x that amount of content or so.

WOW no kidding...no disrespect "i bite my tongue now" lol :p...worked with Vosmug?? ....That is so legendary....small world i guess?
Yeah, it was forever ago; he's a great guy, one of the most seriously hard working devs ever. I wish I could conjure up some sort of extra programmer or artist to help him, but he's in the same situation we're in where trying to bring someone extra into the fold would just over-complicate things for him as he got them up to speed.

You'll find though that a lot of h-game devs have worked together on prior projects or are friends, it definitely is a small world.

Reactions: zeus201677

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just something fun; apparently you can add polls on F95 now, so here's one, and if people like this, I'll add more polls later on.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Am I able to just pay one time instead monthly with patreon to get all the latest demos and full game when its out?
Yeah, that's how our Patreon works :)

how much the price of this game on steam will you give? i am very waiting this full version of this game :)
$20 USD for people in the USA, but if you live outside of it, it will be regionally priced.

We've priced it so it shouldn't cost more than 1% of the average monthly income from whatever country you're living in.

Reactions: ohwhatnow

zeus201677

May 24, 2017
Admittedly, the room with the placeholder stuff will have a neat little cutscene in it in the full game... but no cheat codes anymore. You'll get the cheat codes on game completion, or achieving other special things.

But yeah, we really want to reward playing outside of the box with special endings and special variants on scenes. We're aiming for a lot of "lateral content", meaning that on a given playthrough, you'll probably see only about 10-15% of the story content because of all the variants possible, so as to encourage replayability, but you can get through the game in 4-5 hours per playthrough, despite there being probably 5x that amount of content or so.

Yeah, it was forever ago; he's a great guy, one of the most seriously hard working devs ever. I wish I could conjure up some sort of extra programmer or artist to help him, but he's in the same situation we're in where trying to bring someone extra into the fold would just over-complicate things for him as he got them up to speed.

You'll find though that a lot of h-game devs have worked together on prior projects or are friends, it definitely is a small world.

Thats so cool... im so inspired by both your and his works..i really am..
im basically combing this site to understand what to do or what not to do in producing this project im working on with C++ and unreal.

i normally am a composer but i often program on my vanilla projects, and i must say i admire the work you do, and others because it challenges the norms of things, and i believe that is what is important in art in general.

but as well, to be in that creative mindset, and to work with the type of material you do, and still are very professional about it, that is important to me.

you are a legend

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
well now it looks like i can't wait for the release in this dark time :(
Are you in or near the war zone? Shit man, sorry to hear if so.

Thats so cool... im so inspired by both your and his works..i really am..
im basically combing this site to understand what to do or what not to do in producing this project im working on with C++ and unreal.

i normally am a composer but i often program on my vanilla projects, and i must say i admire the work you do, and others because it challenges the norms of things, and i believe that is what is important in art in general.

but as well, to be in that creative mindset, and to work with the type of material you do, and still are very professional about it, that is important to me.

you are a legend
Thanks a lot man, i'm glad I could clarify a lot of stuff for you too.

Trying to take on a project and doing all the roles yourself is no easy task; don't feel bad if you need to take on other people for your game, doing solo dev is incredibly difficult.

------

Also, on a separate note, regarding that poll, my favorite level in the game by far is The End; I hope people get to check it out more in the full game :D

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
What happened to the goal for the all nude play through. There are some clothed scenes I really wish were didnt have clothing ;)
We had to make the choice to downscale that to a mini stealth level where she's nude (besides her gloves), where enemies get brand new sex animations as a result.

We changed that though back in 2019 or something like that, so it's been a while.

Would have just been too unfeasible to have all the interactions in the game change, and we didn't want to do an "aesthetic only" change, nor did we want to put our artist through redrawing all the sex animations unclothed that were clothed, etc.

It's a compromise, but at least this way we still got to have some nude mode stuff.

Reactions: kivirin

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
#34 March 1st progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #34 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
#35 March 11th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #35 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Fantastic game demo!!
Seriously man, thanks a lot for the really kind review, like damn, getting stuff like this lets us know we're doing things right; I know I've said that before, probably sounds like a canned response by now, but I just don't know what else to say besides that because that's how I feel about it.

This game is on my shortest list for games I'm itchingly looking forward to their release
I linked this in the stream last night, but you might find some more games you like in here! (And since it's not in there, there's also Crisis Point: Extinction over at and Shady Lewd Kart over at too; Talia and Faye are in SpunkStock, Doki Doki tri-line Quest, and Shady Lewd Kart, as cameos btw :p )

I wrote this for fun and also to show some more support to this game. Basically my first F95zone post after major lurking.
Glad to have you here!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Added a new poll, also is streaming the "all levels connected" build right now!

Leon4287

Feb 1, 2022
I remember running across a character that gave hints on where the fragments in the 0.27 EX demo are, but I can't remember what he said anymore and only found the one

Can someone tell me what the other hint was I forgot, or at least what path the character was on that told me?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I remember running across a character that gave hints on where the fragments in the 0.27 EX demo are, but I can't remember what he said anymore and only found the one

Can someone tell me what the other hint was I forgot, or at least what path the character was on that told me?
The character that tells you that hint is in P5M2; if you want to know where the Fragment's at, I can tell you that too :)

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes