Sologor

Nov 13, 2020
Well, it sure doesn't bode well for an end of the month release. I feel both sides but I'm starting to empathize more and more with the "bad" guys. A game like FF can only be released on Steam to make any money at all but people who have been pointing out the flaws for the dev are not completely off the bat. We understood full well the points made by HW but, whenever we asked for a potential release on when the game was ready, we got a date for a submission on a game the dev was well aware it was likely not to be accepted.

Semantic is a bitch but we all asked for a date was 100% ready to be shipped, not a "almost done, still plugging cutscenes left and right". A date for a complete game is NOT a date for an attempt on a game still missing key elements and the result, much to the dismay of both the devs and players, is the current situation. Still going to wait for the game but I won't hold my breath now.

The way I understand it's almost guaranteed to be release at least in 2023

Jun 19, 2018
I think what I found ambiguous about the regular status updates that we've been receiving so far is that there's always a perception of work being done, but not exactly a clear indicator towards what end goal.
I'd be curious to see a progress report similar to the kind of breakdowns I've seen on some Ci-En projects where you have it broken into small sections and you get to see % progress by individual components.
Here's an example of what it would look like:

I am not able to translate what the categories in the picture mean, but other summaries I've seen would look something along the lines of:

Level Design:
- platforming
- enemies

Enemy Design:
- enemy models
- enemy AI/mechanics
- bosses, etc

Sound Design:
- sound effects
- music/ambience
- voice acting/dialogue

Scripts
NPCs
etc...

I don't know I'm just worried that all these delays are being caused by some perfectionist attempt at polishing every single obscure detail about the game that players won't really interact with for more than 1-2 seconds.
I understand that it's a lot more complicated than that, but when I hear that that the game is projected to release a couple months in the future and then there's two years worth of delays it only makes me wonder how much polish can one add in what feels like another 50% of the game's development cycle.

I remember playing the Electric Level Demo (0.27), the game was quite innovative for its time, but I imagine the delays have only hurt its momentum and it will start to show its age. By this I mean that other projects might've popped on the market that are exploring more innovative approaches to some of the mechanics/kinks/etc.

I still think this game's main selling point is the amazing voice acting and is probably still unrivaled in that category. Closest thing that comes to mind that would even have a chance to challenge it is Succubus Cafe.
Regarding the platformer long-haul grand adventure elements, some new contenders have emerged in the market. You've got Alien Quest Eve as a Metroidvania platformer, but then also got strong rivals in the form of Mission Mermaiden and Holy Knight Ricca.
Regarding the whole robo-BDSM kink that at least the Electric Demo taps into, you've got Training Space Station that is nowhere near perfect, but kinda provides a lot more depth in that direction.
Basically, the point I'm trying to make is that there was a time when all these other projects didn't exist, and Future Fragments was the go-to pick for a lot of the audience that was seeking any of the elements I described above.
As the market is becoming increasingly more saturated in a lot of the unique/interesting elements that this game has to offer, delaying the project further will only hurt its popularity...

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, it sure doesn't bode well for an end of the month release.
We're not going to give release dates, but as noted in earlier posts, we're definitely not going to release during December because that's suicide, November isn't gonna happen either. That's why I needed to sell my car and other things, to keep going until we're done.

Semantic is a bitch but we all asked for a date was 100% ready to be shipped
And this is what you'll get from now on. The next time we announce a release date, will be when the game is 100% ready to be put on Steam, with Steam having accepted it.

I think what I found ambiguous about the regular status updates that we've been receiving so far is that there's always a perception of work being done, but not exactly a clear indicator towards what end goal.
I'd be curious to see a progress report similar to the kind of breakdowns I've seen on some Ci-En projects where you have it broken into small sections and you get to see % progress by individual components.
Here's an example of what it would look like:
The problem with posts like these, are that they take up an enormous amount of time given the scope of our project; a lot of things are at various stages of completion, and so to list and check through everything, every week, and then write it out as such, would probably take up most of the day.

Remember, there's 350+ NPCs alone to account for, plus a significant amount of non-NPC cutscenes and cutscenes solely involving Faye/Vie.
A given cutscene goes through the following stages;
  • Prep work
    • (Coming up with the character, their backstory, their voice references, personality, speech patterns)
  • Connecting things
    • (What characters tie in with this character, what scenes affect this cutscene's choices (or if it's a databank, what scenes it affects), tying it into the overall worldbuilding/storyline)
  • Actually writing the scene
    • (Doing research on science/medicine/history/etc. when needed, proofreading, doing rough and final drafts, as well as flags, camera movement, music selection, sound effects, and other notation for when I plug the scene into the game)
  • Creating a voice acting document/voice direction for the VAs
    • (With references for how to say certain words unique to the game, context for each scene, etc.)
  • Getting the voicework back from the VA and cutting it up
    • (Adding/removing silence where needed, clicks, re-arranging sentences if needed, picking the best take)
  • Sending the voicework to Lewd K. to get mastered
    • (Writing a document listing what filters we want for each character, sound effects needing to be added to the dialogue, etc.)
  • Sending that mastered audio to Frouge to put into the game
  • Plugging the cutscene in, event by event, adjusting things as needed for cutscene/databank flow
  • Testing the scene to make sure things work
  • Sending the map file off to Frouge to implement in the game
Granted, all the Databanks are done (save for the Gold Databanks), but the remaining cutscenes that aren't implemented in-game and finished are all in various stages of this tree of events.

Trying to list off where each one is at, or giving a various percentage of each, would take an incredibly long amount of time that could be better put towards actually developing the game, as noted here;

It's better for devs to just stay quiet and work on the game if they care about releasing it, rather than constantly doing PR and talking to the community bullcrap.
Additionally, further complicating things is that the path to get a cutscene done (or anything in the game done, really) isn't always a straight line; for example, a voice actor might be sick or busy with other work so we need to wait longer for that one.

Or, there might be a mechanic we need implemented in the game for some cutscenes, like the special "null node" that Frouge just put in recently for characters hidden behind objects, so they aren't sitting on top of objects.

Or, there might be visuals we need implemented that were done already, but just weren't in-game, like the portal to and from the future, which is used in a few cutscenes.

Since Frouge has to stop what he's doing to implement those latter two things, that means that whatever he's working on has to come to a stop until he's done working on his stuff, which would then skew the % of completion in terms of "expect it to be done by this time" rate, leading to some people going "well, it says it's at 95%, why has it taken a week for that last 5%?!".

The same goes for doing things in reverse; Frouge might be waiting on me to deliver him a document detailing a specific mechanic, or we might need to go over something that isn't working as intended or doesn't look/play as intended, so both of us need to stop pure production/implementation of things as we talk about it and go over it to remedy whatever situation's come up.

For example, there was an issue with the True Final Boss fight yesterday where one of his attacks had an exploit that would have caused issues if players accidentally stumbled on it, only caught by a total accidental oversight, so we figured out a workaround to prevent it from happening without affecting the fight quality/presentation itself.

On top of all of this, for some events or cutscenes, the hardest part/biggest time-sink could be the prep phase, whereas for others, it's the writing phase, and for yet others, it's the implementation phase, leading to even more "incorrectly presented" data that would give a false impression of completion % or time left to complete a specific thing.

I don't know I'm just worried that all these delays are being caused by some perfectionist attempt at polishing every single obscure detail about the game that players won't really interact with for more than 1-2 seconds.
It's not this at all. Right now, the game is missing a lot of pure, core content, as noted in earlier posts.
We're saving the polishing obscure content stuff for post-release; right now, we just want to get the core, base game done. There's a lot of stuff we're skipping polish on simply because we want to get it done as fast as possible.

I understand that it's a lot more complicated than that, but when I hear that that the game is projected to release a couple months in the future and then there's two years worth of delays it only makes me wonder how much polish can one add in what feels like another 50% of the game's development cycle.
As noted above, stuff just takes a lot of time on a small team. The smallest wrench in the works grinds everything to a halt, as everyone has to stop what they're doing to remedy the situation. With something the size of our game, small complications like that can arise almost daily, no matter how much planning or foresight you have into things.

On large AAA 500+ person teams, those same complications arise, but you've got 500+ people to handle it; 10 of them can tackle a problem, while the other 490 can continue being productive. In our case, we just don't have that luxury.

We definitely under-estimated how long it'd take to get things done, which is why going forward, there'll be no release dates until the game is ready to be shipped, and that goes for future games, too.

If people feel we're "milking the patreon" (despite it not keeping us afloat for well over a year and a half now), they're free to request a full refund, as they've always been.

I remember playing the Electric Level Demo (0.27), the game was quite innovative for its time, but I imagine the delays have only hurt its momentum and it will start to show its age. By this I mean that other projects might've popped on the market that are exploring more innovative approaches to some of the mechanics/kinks/etc.
That's fine; we're not in this as a competition. Also, we're confident the full game will be a much, much better experience than the Steam demo is, and as far as sales go, we're at 47,000 wishlists so I don't think there'll be much issue in terms of sales provided we get the complete game out at launch.

delaying the project further will only hurt its popularity...
Yes, this is true.

However, putting the game out with core content missing would do far, far worse for it, and it'd be a betrayal for the people buying the game, as well. We don't want to do that at all costs, as long as we can financially hold out for.

Those players deserve better than something kicked out the door, incomplete. We're the ones who took as long as we did and made the mistakes we did, so we don't really care about how much it hurts us, we just care about the experience for the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChupacabraGonzales

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just a warning from one of the discords I'm a part of, talking about the delay or complaining on steam will get you banned from the forum (not sure why you'd waste your time on those garbage forums anyway but whatever), so I guess the dev's feelings are paper-thin now and they're trying to make it look as if the game never had a release date there.
No, I'm just tired of specific people who have a track record of ignoring what I'm writing when I'm replying to them, when they're saying the same things that have been answered in the thread numerous times (usually on the same page they're viewing), or they're spreading misinformation, or they're just trolling/being hyperbolic.

My time's better spent actually working on the game than replying to those people if they've got no actual desire for discussion, since it's not like they actually want clarification on things since they have a track record of ignoring said clarification on things too.

People with actual critique, that actually want a reasonable discussion, that's totally fine.

I just went to check and don't see any announcements or apologies for the delay or anything.
And here's exactly a case of what I've just talked about, to prove my point.

Anyone following the game would have gotten this in their alertbox, back on November 22nd.

And, if you go to the community page for the app, it's front-paged.

So you're either blind, or just blatantly spreading misinformation.
Given the tone of your post here, and other ones you've done, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter reason.

As I have said multiple times over the years, boy am I glad I hate Patreon and those who abuse it so much, lol. I can only imagine some of those folk have paid 10x what this game may someday be worth.
Yes, we are "abusing Patreon" by;
- having it setup so you only need to back once to get your rewards for life
- offering full refunds to anyone who asks, which we've delivered on upwards of $1,000+ in some cases to a single person
- posting all Patreon content publicly to social media

Absolutely terrible, I agree.

I'm still, of course, deeply annoyed by these delays
Same here. We're more annoyed than anyone else, trust me. But to deliver that quality you noted in the first half of your post, we just need a little bit more time; it'd suck to just kick it out unfinished right at the finish line, especially after all this time.

Also, if you want another grouping of games that are at least somewhat like FF, I run these bundles from time to time of adult action games on Itch to get them attention and a bit of extra money for development. It's all free demos, and everyone splits the tips people give us evenly (with us getting the least %).

Crisis Point, over at would've been in there too, but they opted out given they didn't want to be in another bundle without their demo having been updated since the last time they were in one.

and the resolution looks a tad bit lower than I'd like.
The resolution can be upped to full screen in the Steam demo version of course (which I do recommend you check out, it does have a good chunk of improvements over the original Electric Demo, and even still the full game will have much more than that), but yeah, it natively runs at 1280 x 720 so as to keep things manageable for us with art demands since it's not vector graphics.

It's still nonetheless a game that I'd recommend, even in its short, simple demo form, in such a fashion that I consider it one of the best games around here to this day.
Much appreciated.

With "forum", do you mean their discord server?
The only people we'd ban from Discord are racists, underage users (luckily haven't had any of those yet), homophobes, bots, and conspiracy theorist / political nutjobs. That's it.

There's been people who've came on Discord and complained and complained about the game, and I've either talked things out with them and they've stayed, or they've left of their own choice. They weren't banned.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, I'm just tired of specific people who have a track record of ignoring what I'm writing when I'm replying to them, when they're saying the same things that have been answered in the thread numerous times (usually on the same page they're viewing), or they're spreading misinformation, or they're just trolling/being hyperbolic.

My time's better spent actually working on the game than replying to those people if they've got no actual desire for discussion, since it's not like they actually want clarification on things since they have a track record of ignoring said clarification on things too.

People with actual critique, that actually want a reasonable discussion, that's totally fine.

And here's exactly a case of what I've just talked about, to prove my point.

Anyone following the game would have gotten this in their alertbox, back on November 22nd.

And, if you go to the community page for the app, it's front-paged.

So you're either blind, or, given your track record of posts in this topic, likely just blatantly spreading misinformation.

Yes, we are "abusing Patreon" by;
- having it setup so you only need to back once to get your rewards for life
- offering full refunds to anyone who asks, which we've delivered on upwards of $1,000+ in some cases to a single person
- posting all Patreon content publicly to social media

Absolutely terrible, I agree.

Same here. We're more annoyed than anyone else, trust me. But to deliver that quality you noted in the first half of your post, we just need a little bit more time; it'd suck to just kick it out unfinished right at the finish line, especially after all this time.

Also, if you want another grouping of games that are at least somewhat like FF, I run these bundles from time to time of adult action games on Itch to get them attention and a bit of extra money for development. It's all free demos, and everyone splits the tips people give us evenly (with us getting the least %).

Crisis Point, over at would've been in there too, but they opted out given they didn't want to be in another bundle without their demo having been updated since the last time they were in one.

The resolution can be upped to full screen in the Steam demo version of course (which I do recommend you check out, it does have a good chunk of improvements over the original Electric Demo, and even still the full game will have much more than that), but yeah, it natively runs at 1280 x 720 so as to keep things manageable for us with art demands since it's not vector graphics.

Much appreciated.

The only people we'd ban from Discord are racists, underage users (luckily haven't had any of those yet), homophobes, bots, and conspiracy theorist / political nutjobs. That's it.

There's been people who've came on Discord and complained and complained about the game, and I've either talked things out with them and they've stayed, or they've left of their own choice. They weren't banned.
Well I gotta say...HW is right about some people just wanting to critique and whine instead of providing constructive feedback of any sort, and we can't say we haven't seen tons of that around here already.

If it's true that the discord actually decided the release change (which I have doubts of, but I'm not denying just yet since I've not seen contrary arguments) then I don't see a problem with the release change.

Still, it's understandable that some people are reluctant when it comes to this kind of stuff because the porn game industry is plagued with scummy devs.

All in all I don't think we should be telling people to support or not support HW with this because it's clearly not one of those dead-end projects that just racks in cash without providing anything worthwhile. FF has provided TONS of content in comparison to other games, and quality content as well, not just some half assed animations in a shitty platformer combat context.

d1994836

Mar 23, 2018
Man I'm glad most of the sales won't be coming from F95zone, wondering how many people complaining were just going to steal it anyways
I already paid for it... years ago. Quoting my self from three years back:
They've done a good job of trickling expectations, but after five years... subscription supported development is a gold mine, and they're still charging $20 for it. Ballsy, but who can argue with 12K a month for bug fixes :)

I still think the original fire demo is pretty good, but ~$50 was enough. if i'd stayed subscribed, I'd've paid closer to $600.
Would've been another $360 by now.

Reactions: MortimerScharf

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
If it's true that the discord actually decided the release change (which I have doubts of, but I'm not denying just yet since I've not seen contrary arguments) then I don't see a problem with the release change.
If you join the Discord, you can see the latest post in #announcements that shows the poll.

Screencapping the entire post would be a pain, so here's the poll results;

Poll.jpg

Still, it's understandable that some people are reluctant when it comes to this kind of stuff because the porn game industry is plagued with scummy devs.
And I understand that, but there's a difference between "hesitation, caution, and suspicion", which makes sense, and "outright misinformation and just complaining with no critique".

All in all I don't think we should be telling people to support or not support HW with this because it's clearly not one of those dead-end projects that just racks in cash without providing anything worthwhile. FF has provided TONS of content in comparison to other games, and quality content as well, not just some half assed animations in a shitty platformer combat context.
Also much appreciated, it means a lot.

You are taking monthly payments though? Wouldn't it be fair to have them set as payments on release?
Yes, because people do want to support us, which is their choice; they're adults, we're not mind controlling them or anything. Despite it not being enough to keep us afloat, it does make the debt increase slower, which should allow us enough time (combined with selling my car, etc.) to get to release with everything 99% done at worst.

Additionally, they also want to get rewards before release; things like the soundtrack, audio pack, level editor, as well as access to the demos.

Up until recently as well, there were things like the $10 name in background, $15/$30 databank/cutscene character implementation (nearly every NPC is a backer requested one), and $5 name in credits rewards, all of which would have needed to be (and were) finished off before release, for obvious reasons.

I already paid for it... years ago.
If you were unhappy with how we were doing things back then even, why didn't you ask for a refund?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Yes, because people do want to support us, which is their choice; they're adults, we're not mind controlling them or anything.
Are you reminding people of their subscriptions? If not - you can't be sure that all these people still want to support you. People are known to forget. And there are devs who are known to prey on that trait. Like 'forgetting' to return a debt to your friend. Or taking a wallet someone forgot in a cafe. You might not be mind controlling supporters but there are techniques for altering opinions and directing thoughts. And you do seem to be an educated person running a tight operation.
Additionally, even if all these people are supporting you - it seems you have no problem taking payment for product not provided (unless you count walls of progress reports as product. Many people don't. But again, your supporters might think otherwise.) From an ethical standpoint this is not theft obviously but neither is it a fair market practice no? Like selling 'magical spirit bracelets' to unknowing tourists. It is very hard to judge the financial value of the finished product because it doesn't yet exist. The resources gathered towards the creation of that product are much easier to calculate. Additionally you are mentioning
rewards before release; things like the soundtrack, audio pack, level editor, as well as access to the demos.

Up until recently as well, there were things like the $10 name in background, $15/$30 databank/cutscene character implementation (nearly every NPC is a backer requested one), and $5 name in credits rewards,
which further increase the void between the funds gathered and product provided.
With the amount of funding your project seems to have it seems even more suspicious that you are mentioning selling your car (this sounds more like redirecting attention, trying to get others to feel pity for you and think that you are actually barely making ends meet).
And extending the lifetime of the project by what will seem like a quarter of a year (which should be another $30000 in your pocket) also raises a lot of suspicion for a project of this scale and type (and lifetime).

Now I do realise I most likely won't be changing much with this post in terms of your and many others' opinions here. And you will definitely write an overly long (look whos talking) and detailed reply as you usually do and I will definitely not have any motivation and, most importantly, time to try and keep proving my point.
With a growing number of crowdfunded projects, that abuse their support to a greater or lesser degree, what I am hoping for is that at some distant point in future we will live in a world free of deception and manipulation. Where people will not be looking to squeeze every single penny out of every single source they can think of and do as little work as they can get away with (not saying this is you). But, instead, people will present their work and/or products at face value and ask a fair price for them right there and then.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Are you reminding people of their subscriptions?
Yep. Every time we make a post, they get alerted in both their Patreon inbox and their email connected to their Patreon account, so that's 4 times a month, minimum.

Additionally, I maintain a separate email database of Patreon backers since Patreon likes to delete Patreon messages after a few weeks, and I need to keep track of who wanted what rewards.

With those emails, I directly email people their rewards, as well as directly email them alerts for things like updates to rewards and so on.

Finally, again, as a failsafe, people are good to request refunds, in full, any time, for any reason.

Additionally, even if all these people are supporting you - it seems you have no problem taking payment for product not provided
The crowdfunding product isn't just the full game. It's multiple things;

It's the rewards, which have been implemented into the game, with a great deal of them visible in demos (for databanks and names in the background), as well as the soundtrack, audio packs, and level editor, all of which have been delivered multiple times over.

Additionally, of course, it's also the over 50 demos we've sent people over the years, many of which had polls directly after to get player feedback, another perk of being a backer, and in most cases we've directly implemented that feedback which changed the game as a result.

Feedback on things like powerups, game mechanics, aesthetics, audio, you name it; it's all been influenced by backers.

The cutscenes themselves, also a majority from backers, affect the game storyline drastically, of course.

We also have posted many h-animations, songs, and so on in regards to upcoming content on the Patreon over the years.

Finally, during this hiatus without posting demos (although everything else listed above still got posted), we did make it very clear to people that we would not be posting anymore demos, on multiple fronts (emails, discord, patreon, twitter, etc.).

I would say in terms of content, for $5 getting you access to practically every animation in the game, all five levels, multiple demos, and your name in the credits, and you can still get a refund, that's a pretty solid amount of product provided for payment.

It is very hard to judge the financial value of the finished product because it doesn't yet exist.
No, it's pretty easy to do this; we're selling it for $20, and if you back us for $20 you get the game at launch. You never have to back again to still get the game.

With the amount of funding your project seems to have it seems even more suspicious that you are mentioning selling your car (this sounds more like redirecting attention, trying to get others to feel pity for you and think that you are actually barely making ends meet).
I'm still not sure why people think we're going for pity; I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't want pity.

I'm mentioning the car being sold because I'm trying to be as transparent as possible about how we're getting funding and how those funds are used, instead of just going "yeah ok so we just mysteriously got enough money to keep going".

And extending the lifetime of the project by what will seem like a quarter of a year (which should be another $30000 in your pocket) also raises a lot of suspicion for a project of this scale and type (and lifetime).
The scale of this project, as noted before, is pretty massive. We're making a game with content that rivals a good deal of AAA games in regards to replayability and overall density of art/audio/music/gameplay/story, and that's despite those AAA games having teams between 10x to 100x our size and with 100x our funding.

We're doing a game with 1,000+ cutscene variations, 100+ hand-animated sex scenes, 25 hours of voicework, nearly 5 hours of music, 40+ endings if you count the secret ones, and 350+ NPCs with a good amount having their stories intertwine with each other, not to mention all the gameplay aspects, mechanics, and so on.

I can't think of many non-MMORPG AAA games that have a single one of these aspects I just named, let alone all of them.

That's all going to cost money, and it's going to cost time as well.

Also, it's not "$30,000 in my pocket";
- audio alone will immediately eat up roughly $10,000 of this money through the hypothetical three months of time, between voicework, sound effects/mastering, and music (the music is done, but the musician still gets paid per their backer tier, as does the lead voice actress. the rest is paying the remaining voicework needed; note that in both cases, we are losing money because people are getting the game for free effectively since the money for those tiers goes to the respective people, not to us, even with no work done, as sort of a royalties system to them)
- the remaining $20,000 for those hypothetical three months would be split between Frouge, Triangulate and myself evenly, which means $6,666 for three months.
- that's $2,222 a month at the end of it that's "in my pocket", and considering my rent, electricity, and other utilities alone are over $2,000, it's coming back out of my pocket real quick. It's certainly not enough to keep going on solely when that leaves me barely anything for food and other expenses (medical insurance, taxes, etc.)

Again, this is NOT for pity; this is being transparent about funding.
I don't think I can make that any clearer.

But, instead, people will present their work and/or products at face value and ask a fair price for them right there and then.
No one who isn't already indepedently wealthy is going to be able to conjure up a game demo to present people (let alone a full game) with art, audio, gameplay, writing, and so on out of thin air, besides people who are ridiculously skilled that are 1 in a million that can do it all, and even then, they still need money and time to keep them going while they make said content.

The entire point of crowdfunding and things like Patreon is that it allows for so many games and other creations to be made that would otherwise be impossible. If people have free will to back said projects, and ESPECIALLY if people can get refunds on their backing, why is that a bad thing?

Personally, I don't want to return to the era of AAA developers being responsible for 99.9% of games, with them putting out cookie cutter, barely altered games, with zero inspiration, zero player feedback involved, and in a total black box where you have no idea how, why, when, or what they're making, with them likely filled with pay2win or gacha elements.

I'd rather give the power to the players; if they like how a project is going, how it plays, how it looks, how it's being handled, then they give it money. If not, they don't.

That process puts more power and control in your hands, as an individual, to curate and make real the games you'd like to see (and to snub the ones you don't think are worth your time and money), which is far more power than you'd ever get doing things the traditional way with AAA companies.

Last edited:

DJPuppyP

Oct 4, 2018
I personally think it's refreshing getting a full game all at once. Could've easily ended up as one of those devs who trickle out 2 scenes and a new room to an area a month and rake in a shit ton of cash like 80% of games on this site. Most of which aren't even on the same planet in terms of quality as FF. Luckily a lot of the hyped people are lurkers, I have no doubt the release will go great and excited to see what the devs have planned next, if anything.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I personally think it's refreshing getting a full game all at once. Could've easily ended up as one of those devs who trickle out 2 scenes and a new room to an area a month and rake in a shit ton of cash like 80% of games on this site. Most of which aren't even on the same planet in terms of quality as FF. Luckily a lot of the hyped people are lurkers, I have no doubt the release will go great and excited to see what the devs have planned next, if anything.
Thanks a lot for the faith in us; we're gonna do our best to deliver.

As far as what we've got planned next, we've actually already got game design documents for a number of games ready, as well as Eroding Ego having a good chunk of its art and most of its audio already done, so that shouldn't take too long to do, and while we're working on that small/medium-sized game, we'll be planning out our next big game.

All the games we're working on are linked together loosely in the same universe as well, so the outcome of one game can affect the story for another game (not through save files, just in general; if you want an idea of how loosely they might be connected, think something like the overarching plot points of first four Phantasy Star games, where you don't NEED to have played the others to get what's going on in any given game, but if you did, you'll catch small references/easter egg type stuff).

Reactions: Nosian

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Why do you feel a need to insist on refunding your critics? I don't want a refund, since I'm sure you'll ship something eventually.
It's not about "refunding my critics", and I'm pretty sure you know that.

It's about the fact that your entire basis for almost all of your posts in this thread has been that you're upset about the amount of money you'd spent on backing us, and that had you stayed pledged, you would have used even more.

Why would I not push for you to get refunded when that's the core of your complaints regarding the game, consistently? We want people to be happy with both how their money has been used as well as how much they've spent supporting us, so if they aren't, we want to remedy that.

It has nothing to do with "refunding the critics", as I've pushed just as hard to refund people who were die-hard supporters of the game but felt they'd spent too much or needed the money back for IRL reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinKing and Nosian

ishallnotsay

Nov 7, 2020
We want people to be happy with both how their money has been used as well as how much they've spent supporting us, so if they aren't, we want to remedy that.
I'm one of those lurky types, but gotta say, you've been incredibly communicative about the progress and setbacks in finishing the game for a while. I don't envy you having to engage with the NSFW dev community, but applaud that you've been doing it so consistently for so long. I hope you'll eventually consider further projects once FF is behind you, I'd love to see more quality work like this.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes