CodeSin

Mar 23, 2023
The first map part where you have to use 3 fans to get to the top floor in the east side of the map seems a bit too random when it comes to progress. The first fan does not sync well with the 2nd fan and the hover with wind mechanic does not push you high enough to reach the 2nd fan unless you're lucky enough for the two fans to sync. Then the 3rd fan moves very fast to a point it may take a long time before you can perfectly sync them.

They also have to be constantly on to push our character up so they are always moving and out of sync even when you try to sync them by turning them on/off using the on/off switch below.

I feel this puzzle could have been adjusted to be less random chance.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
I feel this puzzle could have been adjusted to be less random chance.
Jump through when the bottom and middle fans are both moving right, wiggle while holding jump, waiting for them to line up perfectly and go straight up isn't necessary and only makes things more difficult.

CaptUndead

Jan 8, 2018
Anyone knows what's the deal with the "BurningFlesh" NPC? Not sure what to do there for him to react differently but so far he only says stuff like "You're just like them" then tells you to leave.

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Yeah what ever man, top end side scrollers at 10's of thousands and this thing on the approach for 1,000,000 is never going to make sense to me, so just give it a rest please, if you keep licking dev ass so hard your tongue might fall off :FacePalm:
To be fair, most side-scrollers aren't looking to be as ambitious and genre-redefining as this is, and afaik no side-scroller has ever taken as long to develop. Don't you remember how awesome Duke Nukem Forever turned out to be? Undeniably worth the wait.

Message sponsored by HentaiWriter

• Haha
Reactions: drone4of2

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Anyone knows what's the deal with the "BurningFlesh" NPC? Not sure what to do there for him to react differently but so far he only says stuff like "You're just like them" then tells you to leave.
This guy seems to hate whoever "them" is, try being more hateful and he might warm up to you. Spoiler below is less vague.
What npc's are you refering to? I only saw 1 npc that says anything like that. One of the glider guys asks if he can kiss you and you can say yes or no but besides that I didnt see any other situation like that. Then there was 1 where Faye was getting bang and you can help her or just leave her. But if what you say is true maybe you gotta have some type of certain stats or something? I dont know what the kindess or optimistic stats do at all.
Funny, that's actually the one I didn't see. There's a gentlemanly berserker who politely asks to rail you, and there's the guy you get a fragment from. If you don't save Faye, she won't interrupt to tell you the guy's a liar, and you can agree to ride him for the fragment.
Sounds like you guys are collectively missing 2 scenes, one of which being another yes/no prompt, and the other requires you to play as a sex fiend. I've included a spoiler that's less cryptic if you don't want to find out for yourselves.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SoleAlt

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
To get past the 3 fans, all you have to do is
  1. turn them all on (doesn't matter the order or timing, almost at all)
  2. stand on the right
  3. when the bottom and middle one alight on the right wall, jump into them holding left
Should get you by no problem

MasterXY

Apr 23, 2018
There are some NPC's who are affected by the personality choices you pick, to get BurningFlesh NPC to talk to you, I think he needs pessimism which you can get from deciding to skip listening to the king, there's an interesting number of extra dialogue choices from some NPC's if you choose to skip the king's such as an NPC along the way to the BurningFlesh NPC, and Vie. Toward the end of the demo I think you will say different things to Vie based on your personality (in one run I was optimistic about the boss, in another I was pessimistic).

However there is no meaningful gameplay benefits, nor scenes gained from having made these choices so it's a bit unclear why you would want to. Talking to the BurningFlesh NPC just resulted in me gaining extra Violence? (maybe it was hatred) + Pessimism, so if you're doing a min max run for those stats, or you're going for a specific ending maybe it'll be useful.

In general I would always pick the obvious lewd scene option. I don't see much value in picking otherwise.

As with my earlier post I'll restate again but it would be nice QoL for players to be able to see which dialogue options result in gaining what personality traits, and how many unique cutscenes each NPC has (and or what personalities are required) to see them. Additionally I don't even know what my main personality trait is half the time because you can't see, a lot of the personality traits are extremely similar as well. How do I figure out if a scene was caused due to me having high kindness vs me having high optimism. How do you differentiate a hatred personality choice from a violence? Why doesn't killing NPC's rather than talking to them generate violence?

I'm worried future cutscenes are going to have conflicting requirements to see them like "for this NPC in level 3 he needs high kindness while this NPC in level 3 needs high violence to get the lewd cutscene".

Overall I feel like this entire system needs work.

Reactions: drone4of2

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
However there is no meaningful gameplay benefits, nor scenes gained from having made these choices so it's a bit unclear why you would want to.
There are two NPCs in this demo that have sex scenes if your values meet the requirements. There are also a few power ups that do things based on values.
Why doesn't killing NPC's rather than talking to them generate violence?
It does, it just doesn't cause a pop up.
No, it is not an "app".
This could probably be blamed on the apple hipsters of days past, Windows started pandering and using buzzwords like this in Windows 8.

Anyone have a save to unlock all the scenes in the newest version?
Slap this into your \AppData\Roaming\Future_Fragments folder and unlock the gallery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Severthe

MasterXY

Apr 23, 2018
There are two NPCs in this demo that have sex scenes if your values meet the requirements. There are also a few power ups that do things based on values.
Guess I got lucky then, in one playthrough I only picked the top option, in another playthrough I only picked bottom option, I was capable of getting all the scenes in both other than the fragment NPC who was very buggy anyway. (think I came across like 3-4 NPC's who were buggy, nothing wrong with them just they'd say dialogue that clearly didn't match my choices)

Yeah I've seen the power ups, but like I mentioned in a few posts ago my experience with them is the personality system kinda sucks as it is. You don't know what NPC options do what, so even when I was trying to aim for specific personality traits it was kinda just a crapshoot. And unless you're min-maxing most of the personality trait power ups suck in addition to being totally RNG when you get them.

imo best way to improve this system:

1) Let players see what their current personality traits are at (and indicate in someway which is the defining trait at that moment that is being used for cutscenes)

2) Have NPC dialogue options indicate what personality trait they will give. This will be very helpful for people trying to aim for one personality trait, whether it be for an ending, because they want to use a power up, or just to get certain cutscenes from other NPC's.

3) This one might be controversial. Have personality trait specific NPC choices be greyed out with what they require to unlock it. I don't want to have to do 7 playthroughs of this game just to discover than an NPC in level 4 has a secret sex scene but only if Justice personality is defining trait, I'd rather just know it exists so I can choose to go after it in a future playthrough if I'm interested rather than having to blindly hope I stumble into a NPC who just so happens to have a unique cutscene but only if you talk to a specific sequence of NPC's in order to get the exact amount of a personality trait you need for that to be your defining one.

It does, it just doesn't cause a pop up.
Ah, that's good to hear I'm glad thats a feature, a second "genocide" playthrough might be interesting. Hopefully that will have a pop up in the future, I was very confused on what the point of being able to kill NPC's was.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Guess I got lucky then, in one playthrough I only picked the top option, in another playthrough I only picked bottom option, I was capable of getting all the scenes in both other than the fragment NPC who was very buggy anyway. (think I came across like 3-4 NPC's who were buggy, nothing wrong with them just they'd say dialogue that clearly didn't match my choices)
Fragment guy more or less just requires that you're not Kind and that you haven't saved Faye in P1, otherwise he's a pretty simple guy, just hanging out trying to bone, probably not much of a care in the world what happens since he's willing to part with a fragment for a quickie. Do you have an example of the other odd dialogue or the NPC involved?
Yeah I've seen the power ups, but like I mentioned in a few posts ago my experience with them is the personality system kinda sucks as it is. You don't know what NPC options do what, so even when I was trying to aim for specific personality traits it was kinda just a crapshoot. And unless you're min-maxing most of the personality trait power ups suck in addition to being totally RNG when you get them.
Yea I don't know, from a story perspective, I like the idea of not knowing what each interaction will do, but from a min-maxing perspective, I would really like to know what I'm agreeing to before I make a decision.
1) Let players see what their current personality traits are at (and indicate in someway which is the defining trait at that moment that is being used for cutscenes)

2) Have NPC dialogue options indicate what personality trait they will give. This will be very helpful for people trying to aim for one personality trait, whether it be for an ending, because they want to use a power up, or just to get certain cutscenes from other NPC's.

3) This one might be controversial. Have personality trait specific NPC choices be greyed out with what they require to unlock it. I don't want to have to do 7 playthroughs of this game just to discover than an NPC in level 4 has a secret sex scene but only if Justice personality is defining trait, I'd rather just know it exists so I can choose to go after it in a future playthrough if I'm interested rather than having to blindly hope I stumble into a NPC who just so happens to have a unique cutscene but only if you talk to a specific sequence of NPC's in order to get the exact amount of a personality trait you need for that to be your defining one.
1) On one hand I understand, it'd be pretty helpful to get the outcomes you want if you were to know your values at any given moment and know if/when an NPC will react a certain way depending on those values. But on the other hand, there's a sort of charm to the whole "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" approach to not knowing a bunch of meta knowledge.

2) I'd argue that this one's a bit too meta, if not for the fact that some interactions will raise one stat while lowering several others (or vice versa).

3) I'm really on the fence about this one, it sounds like a good idea, but NPC dialogue seems more like it's reacting to the things you've done as a whole and making you live with the consequences of your actions, rather than shoving everything you've previously done to the side just because your Optimism is relatively high. It'd just feel a bit strange, go around killing every NPC, talk to the sole survivor, choose to do an Optimism check and completely avoid the fact that you're a serial killer. Even massive RPGs don't show you every option whether it's available or not, right?

Ah, that's good to hear I'm glad thats a feature, a second "genocide" playthrough might be interesting. Hopefully that will have a pop up in the future, I was very confused on what the point of being able to kill NPC's was.
I think the only times a value is changed without telling you is if you let a stun animation play out completely, or you kill NPCs. This does seem a bit strange, just continuity wise.

MasterXY

Apr 23, 2018
Fragment guy more or less just requires that you're not Kind and that you haven't saved Faye in P1, otherwise he's a pretty simple guy, just hanging out trying to bone, probably not much of a care in the world what happens since he's willing to part with a fragment for a quickie. Do you have an example of the other odd dialogue or the NPC involved?
On my first playthrough I had talked to him before I saved Faye, but Faye still dropped in to blue ball the guy. Later when I saved Faye and went back to the room he was standing and thanked me for the sex, even though it never happened.

On the second playthrough I went to Faye's room first and chose not to save her, the fragment guy sex scene played out normally, however the scene I saw from my first playthrough (where he thanks you for the sex) never happened when I returned to room later.

Another instance I recall was the kissing NPC, I said no to him on my second playthrough, but he still thanked me for the kiss nonetheless.

I think there was at least 1 other incident but forget where.

Yea I don't know, from a story perspective, I like the idea of not knowing what each interaction will do, but from a min-maxing perspective, I would really like to know what I'm agreeing to before I make a decision.

1) On one hand I understand, it'd be pretty helpful to get the outcomes you want if you were to know your values at any given moment and know if/when an NPC will react a certain way depending on those values. But on the other hand, there's a sort of charm to the whole "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" approach to not knowing a bunch of meta knowledge.

2) I'd argue that this one's a bit too meta, if not for the fact that some interactions will raise one stat while lowering several others (or vice versa).
I actually agree with you, so maybe a good compromise would be after you've beaten the game once it shows what each dialogue interaction does.

3) I'm really on the fence about this one, it sounds like a good idea, but NPC dialogue seems more like it's reacting to the things you've done as a whole and making you live with the consequences of your actions, rather than shoving everything you've previously done to the side just because your Optimism is relatively high. It'd just feel a bit strange, go around killing every NPC, talk to the sole survivor, choose to do an Optimism check and completely avoid the fact that you're a serial killer. Even massive RPGs don't show you every option whether it's available or not, right?
Massive RPG's no, but for a hentai game its a pretty common feature in which you can see dialogue (usually lewd scene related) having a requirement: whether it be outfit, some lust stat, or pre existing condition in order to interact with the NPC and see that cutscene. By greyed out I mean you just know the option exists rather than being able to pick it. In your example you'd see the optimism dialogue choice on the NPC but because your violence is too high and your optimism is too low you wouldn't be able to select the option, but you'd know it exists. So in future playthroughs maybe you'd want to do an optimism run because you're interested in what this guy has to say.

This is a pretty niche recommendation, but there are some NPC's (like the guy who's asking you to make a slogan) who get an extra option based on certain traits. Some NPC's are more interesting than others and if I knew that they had more dialogue choices I might be more motivated to run through the game again so I could see what that option did. It's mostly just a replayability feature groping around in the darkness for NPC scenes can be fun but I feel like this game could get tedious very quickly.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
On my first playthrough I had talked to him before I saved Faye, but Faye still dropped in to blue ball the guy. Later when I saved Faye and went back to the room he was standing and thanked me for the sex, even though it never happened.

On the second playthrough I went to Faye's room first and chose not to save her, the fragment guy sex scene played out normally, however the scene I saw from my first playthrough (where he thanks you for the sex) never happened when I returned to room later.

Another instance I recall was the kissing NPC, I said no to him on my second playthrough, but he still thanked me for the kiss nonetheless.

I think there was at least 1 other incident but forget where.
Turns out I was wrong about what causes Faye to step in and help, it's less about saving her and more so about being on good terms with her. So your options in P2M3 would have played a role in her stepping in, his dialogue not matching is a good catch though.
Kissy boy's dialogue has been mentioned before and I believe this one has been addressed.

Massive RPG's no, but for a hentai game its a pretty common feature in which you can see dialogue (usually lewd scene related) having a requirement: whether it be outfit, some lust stat, or pre existing condition in order to interact with the NPC and see that cutscene. By greyed out I mean you just know the option exists rather than being able to pick it. In your example you'd see the optimism dialogue choice on the NPC but because your violence is too high and your optimism is too low you wouldn't be able to select the option, but you'd know it exists. So in future playthroughs maybe you'd want to do an optimism run because you're interested in what this guy has to say.
Gotcha yea, I don't really play these types of games so I don't know what is considered the norm. As nice as a warning about missing a scene would be, I'm not sure the greyed out dialogue would be the way to do things, as without taking into consideration how high/low a trait is or anything else that effects dialogue, you're still looking at 8 different options as a baseline for some NPCs. Then factoring in all the other stuff that effects dialogue, it'd be more of a "choose your adventure excel sheet".

This is a pretty niche recommendation, but there are some NPC's (like the guy who's asking you to make a slogan) who get an extra option based on certain traits. Some NPC's are more interesting than others and if I knew that they had more dialogue choices I might be more motivated to run through the game again so I could see what that option did. It's mostly just a replayability feature groping around in the darkness for NPC scenes can be fun but I feel like this game could get tedious very quickly.
Yea some NPCs are more interesting than others. But if we're talking about their dialogue options, then even the more boring NPCs have 3-4 dialogue changes, sure they may not change themselves much but your interactions with them alter other NPCs dialogues. Then there's the wild ones with 10+ dialogue changes that take into consideration things like who you've spoken to, what you said to them, when you've said it, what you've done since talking, how you've been playing the game, databanks, etc.

Last edited:

CaptUndead

Jan 8, 2018
I'm ssuming that there hasn't been any update that adds the boss into the game yet?

Also, I keep hearing about the Fragment guy, isn't that the dying dude in one of the secret path that was holding a fragment? It doesn't seems like his options change depends on whether or not you save Faye or leave her.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
I'm ssuming that there hasn't been any update that adds the boss into the game yet?
Not yet.
Also, I keep hearing about the Fragment guy, isn't that the dying dude in one of the secret path that was holding a fragment? It doesn't seems like his options change depends on whether or not you save Faye or leave her.
If you have a positive reputation with Faye she will step in and help. It's not just about saving her, but rather the sum of all your interactions with her.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes