Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Yes. Also they fixed my favorite scene so it has a totally different tone (the whole game does) and I'm mad at the internet now.
I'm more annoyed by the removal of the flying monster hypnosis-masturbation original which was somewhat original, but it wasn't Patreon-friendly if I remember well.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

GuardFUTA

Jul 3, 2018
Was your game closed when you did it? Did you put the file in the correct spot? If you go into the game do you have achievements unlocked?
I also put it in \AppData\Roaming\Future_Fragments. I earn the achievements of the first level. But I don't get other achievments, maybe because we first need to unlock the level ?

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
I also put it in \AppData\Roaming\Future_Fragments. I earn the achievements of the first level. But I don't get other achievments, maybe because we first need to unlock the level ?
So the file gave you some of the achievements for the Fire level and access to the Fire level gallery right? This build doesn't include the achievements for the other levels or their galleries.

HonedZone

Jul 29, 2023
I found this Discord for the game. It's nice for the image files of the animations. The teaser is very effective since the artist made comic and drawings for the game which don't exist in other places. I don't check here often, but maybe someone posted the images here.

Last edited:

Exidel

Nov 2, 2017
At the end of the day, game development isn't easy. What people don't understand is the fact that everything costs money. Paying the programmers, the voice talent, paying the artists, not to mention the money being used to support all involved so they're not homeless and starving.

Money from the patreon isn't just money they feed into a magical game-building machine and it pops out a game. It's money meant to support the developers while they build the game. Voice talent cost money. Art assets cost money. And yes, regardless of what you think, independent developers who are both covering the full cost of developing and costs of publishing the game. There's no Kagura Games to swoop in and help funding, and the game's Steam publisher Shady Corner Games isn't financially supporting the development either. It's 100% funded by patreon money.

this game is the star citizen of hentai games fr, never gonna come out and will just keep milking patreon money
And no, they're not milking patreon money because the patreon money is an active financial LOSS. They are not making anywhere near as much money as they need to cover both cost of development and cost of living for the developers who all work from home. FF is operating at a loss in its development. Star Citizen is selling 5-6 figure in-game star ships to people with more money than sense. These are not the same.

Video game development isn't some easy process that can just be done in 1-2 years. Many games spend years, sometimes decades in development hell. The difference is that many of those games have teams of dozens, sometimes hundreds of people working on them, while this game has only THREE people. If you don't understand how a game can take so long to develop, then all it is is a perfect indicator that you've never worked in the video game industry before. As someone whose studied the game industry for years, a small team struggling to develop a game is nothing new. The game is still nearly complete, and WILL release by the end of 2023.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Just my opinion, but I still think that investing so much into voice acting has been a mistake, it's a huge commitment for so little payoff.

I didn't play the whole demo since I didn't want to spoil myself too much, but if you play the game for even 10 minutes, you'll quickly realize that voice acting is everywhere.

I'm not saying that sound design isn't important, of course, but I know that commissioning VA is simultaneously very expensive and time-consuming. I think it would have been better to devote fewer resources to this and use them elsewhere.

It's as if in a turn-based RPG the majority of resources had been used to give a fully voiced sound design to every character attacks. It's a nice touch, but those resources could also have been used to create more characters, more attacks, or more animations.

I mean, just ask players if they would have preferred to have a fully-voice game or a dozen additional enemies in the bestiary (this is just an example). I don't think I need to do a survey to get a clear idea of players' opinions about that.

Again it's just my opinion, I'm not part of the team, I'm just a player.

touyamaaoi

Feb 25, 2019
Was your game closed when you did it? Did you put the file in the correct spot? If you go into the game do you have achievements unlocked?
I closed the game while paste the save.
I think it's the correct spot.(C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Future_Fragments)
I don't know this one. How to?

HonedZone

Jul 29, 2023
It's a very intense atmosphere waiting for this game. Everyone has very strong feelings I see. I hope we will all get along though and enjoy the game soon. I found a lot of content, so I will believe in the developer. I think it is not an uncommon situation to have projects grow while in development and take unexpected time.

I am also wondering now, are there other games here with so many people excited for soon release? Or is this title special as western pixel art game is less common? If there is a recommendation, I am very curious to know!

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes