Dee1414

Aug 1, 2019
Where'd he say this?
He said this before the drop of the latest demo on discord in a discussion with someone.

*edit*
So I spent a while looking back, and I was wrong- he didnt say he would refund if it doesnt come out in 2023, it said he would refund if the game didnt come out "successfully".

So fair enough, my bad

Last edited:

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Oh it for sure wont get released in 2023. If by some christmas miracle it does, it'll be heavily bug infested.
What game doesn't anymore?
I feel it's a pretty safe bet to assume that most, if not all, of the game breaking bugs will be ironed out before launch. I'm betting that most of the issues will stem from the dialogue and NPC interactions considering all the variables.

• Angry
Reactions: jusblekyuri

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
According to HW it was submitted on the 15th; it will take 3-5 days maybe more for it to be approved and then they will also not release for another 2-3 weeks from the date of its approval.

Game is set to release in January now.
obviously, the steam sale is probably the excuse (for the game to not lose projection with the sale), but it happens every year so it was really obvious since the beginning it was never releasing in december, even if it was ready by now (we've seen this movie before last year).
this conniving attitude is the reason so many people give him shit.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019
Is there a reason so close to release the only thing on here is a really cut down demo? There are plenty of video compilations of tons of the content, but on here there is only a tiny demo as far as I can tell. (granted there are over 200 pages so I might be missing something)

I know most of it thus far have been patreon releases but, well, that's never stopped this site before. These collections frequently exist specifically to catalog and provide download links for paywalled content, so it's a bit weird that this game only seems to have the demo on it.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

lraas

May 31, 2018
Is there a reason so close to release the only thing on here is a really cut down demo? There are plenty of video compilations of tons of the content, but on here there is only a tiny demo as far as I can tell. (granted there are over 200 pages so I might be missing something)

I know most of it thus far have been patreon releases but, well, that's never stopped this site before. These collections frequently exist specifically to catalog and provide download links for paywalled content, so it's a bit weird that this game only seems to have the demo on it.
There have been demos of the other levels in the past but they havent released a new demo in years before finally releasing the new fire level demo that you can download here. That demo is supposed to show how the game is once its fully released (which is supposed to be in january), while the older demos were still very different compared to the final version. You can probably find the older demos somewhere but they are years out of date.

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
as I age, I realize looking back at younger me and being mad at HentaiWriter is the wrong thing to do. Be mad at the patreon supporters for enabling this nonsense. Without the money funnel, things would have never spiraled this hard.
While I agree that patrons are part of the problem it's still the obligation and responsibility of the developer to make good on their promises and meet deadlines. They're the ones in control of the project not patrons so any mishap and delays are usually on them. The whole Patreon scheme in general is awful, devs grow complacent because they get a monthly paycheck and all they have to do is post updates. How much funding does this game even need? It's already making 8k a month.

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
Make your own decision
To be fair, most people that still frequent this game's page have already made their own decisions.
HW's talk about how people "distort his words" is his most common answer, and doesn't really hold much water, considering how many times he outright lied about the game's development.
You can find his posts from a year or two ago, where he said that the game has been sent to steam for approval, and then said that it was steam's fault for not approving the game for sale, and the immediately said that he actually sent an unfinished Future Fragments version, and that he wasn't surprised it wasn't approved.
Considering that now the clock has been reset for January of 2024 (again, if it actually releases in January, and doesn't get delayed for "reasons") there's not much discussion to be had, the game is still stuck in a limbo, just as it was for the last who-knows-how-many-years

DoubleXDS

Jul 11, 2018
Didn't HW make a post at some point saying the game had to come out by the end of the year because he had some investor putting money into it or something and that was going to go away in 2024?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dragonsix6969

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
We are going to be cleaning this thread up. It has been a dumpster fire for way too long. We will be heavily enforcing the use of the off topic thread LINK. As such, any discussion that is not about the CURRENT game, will be removed. Bashing the dev, its development hell, conspiracies, etc are all off topic.

Thread will be locked during this cleaning process.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Did some cleaning but not the whole thread. Lets try to keep this on topic. No bashing the dev, talking about if he is milking it or not, etc. Use the off topic thread for everything else.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes