HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Anyone have a clue what the last version supporting the custom maps is? I'd search for it but I have no idea what I could search to get the downloads instead of the sea of complaints on this thread...

GummyPants

Feb 26, 2023
GummyPants
no cutscenes in ice lvl? I remember that they added something, what did they do all these years? Sitting on money...
The editor I used (0.36a) predates the newer ice level changes, and the boss was removed during that version (though his background is still present in the files). If there are any new things added, I don't know about them.

Anyone have a clue what the last version supporting the custom maps is? I'd search for it but I have no idea what I could search to get the downloads instead of the sea of complaints on this thread...
I think it's likely the first new Fire Level set, around .48 or .49. Here's the latest compatible version I have (I keep spares).

Last edited:

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
The editor I used (0.36a) predates the newer ice level changes, and the boss was removed during that version (though his background is still present in the files). If there are any new things added, I don't know about them.

I think it's likely the first new Fire Level set, around .48 or .49. Here's the latest compatible version I have (I keep spares).

there scene in last ice demo that they add scene where talia sitting on chair or something. Very bad that they not add more animations.

Suminohana

Aug 27, 2023

Your 0.47v2 link doesn't work. Possible reason: there are spaces in the file name. Therefore the webpage is inaccessible. Try uploading with underscores or hyphens instead of spaces

Handeri

May 31, 2022

who
link error

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Right. So here's the Gallery Map Pack I've made. Usage is fairly straightforward (see the included readme/quote). Just be mindful this won't work on the most recent releases of the game, where custom map pack support is no longer present! Enjoy!

View attachment 3042619 View attachment 3042671 View attachment 3042675 View attachment 3042688 View attachment 3042689 View attachment 3042690

View attachment 3042579
I've been saving old releases for custom packs for this purpose, this is a very convenient gallery, thanks dude!

May 25, 2017
Right. So here's the Gallery Map Pack I've made. Usage is fairly straightforward (see the included readme/quote). Just be mindful this won't work on the most recent releases of the game, where custom map pack support is no longer present! Enjoy!

View attachment 3042619 View attachment 3042671 View attachment 3042675 View attachment 3042688 View attachment 3042689 View attachment 3042690

View attachment 3042579
We'll probably be able to make one big, self-contained gallery level when the full game releases

comakill23

Jul 21, 2021
The game hasn't changed much since the last time I've tried it, generally speaking. It's decent, not something I'd write home about. I do agree with the criticisms in this thread so I don't have much to add to that except that I really don't like HW's writing.

Was never a big fan of the quirky self awareness that has seeped into everything these days. What I really hope he doesn't do is that meta "Acknowledge the Player as a character in the story" crap. It's the thing that keeps me from playing Magic Matchup again. Since whenever I think about the game the thing that comes to mind was how much I hated the ending despite how cute the character design is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hated the quirky self-awareness. At a certain point it just feels stale as hell and cliche as hell for this type of dev/game. Not say HW's writing is garbage but I'd say that's the worse aspect of it. Just write a normal fucking story please or read up on what humor actually is.

Jason Bill

Jul 15, 2018
So I've been following this project on and off for... A while now. Do people post map packs here on F95? I don't recall seeing any.
I believe some of my packs were posted here in the past. Since more recent game versions have broken some things in those older packs, I haven't been inclined to post them anywhere aside from the discord server. (Just one of those things that comes with the territory of making content for a game that's still in progress.)

A while back HW streamed a playthrough of my earth pack. (The more substantial pack of the 2 larger ones I've put together.) At some later date I have plans on going back and updating it to account for some of the changes that have been made since then. Fix some stuff that's broken because of updates, polish up some stuff with newer mapmaking functionality that has since been added, change some things that in hindsight I feel I could have setup better, etc.

Any mapmaking from me has largely just been on hold atm, waiting for a more feature complete version of the editor. Over the years I've had plenty of chats with the programmer about functionality to add and quality of life stuff to make mapmaking easier. (Some of that functionality has ended up being used in the base game levels). With that sorta "insider knowledge" of what we might be expecting in the future I've largely been waiting for some of that before going forward with some of the ideas for packs that I have. Some post release version of the editor basically, given that the editor itself will be coming later.

View attachment 3042619 View attachment 3042671 View attachment 3042688 View attachment 3042689 View attachment 3042690

View attachment 3042579
I see that you posted the pack over in the discord as well. After giving your gallery a look just now, I have some thoughts about it. I figure it would be more convenient to post them over on the discord, so I'll do that a bit later. In general though, nice work. Couple things in there that surprised me. (To my knowledge I'm the only one who's done those sorts of setups before now.)

The mapmaking crowd we've had has historically been pretty small, so nice to see others taking an interest.

Reactions: GummyPants

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
hey all, so in 0.51 we can play only fire level?
seems the boss isn't implemented yet
or am i missing something?
thx

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
Theyre gonna release a polished demo that has the boss in it some day (soon, allegedly) that will contain the boss and besides that the other levels will be in the full game, which will also release some day (soon, allegedly).
I see xD
thank you

GummyPants

Feb 26, 2023
The Gallery Pack has been updated! Fixed some bugs, tweaked some things and added some shine. Full changelog can be found in the readme.

View attachment Gallery Pack V1.1.rar

Don't forget to grab the latest compatible game version, 0.49, for the best experience. Thanks to Atomschlumpf for sharing!

Here is a link to version 0.47v1, seems to support the map pack well

Also here is a link to 0.49, which also supports map packs

Dee1414

Aug 1, 2019
Question for anyone who might know- will there be a scene unlocker for other alignment playthroughs after the game is cleared? Or if I get to the end, will I be unable to see the bad ending CG if I do a good playthrough? I get that HW wants replayability, but I seriously doubt Ill feel like beating the game in its entirety multiple times just to see one or two new scenes

nikkunamesu

Dec 26, 2019
Question for anyone who might know- will there be a scene unlocker for other alignment playthroughs after the game is cleared? Or if I get to the end, will I be unable to see the bad ending CG if I do a good playthrough? I get that HW wants replayability, but I seriously doubt I'll feel like beating the game in its entirety multiple times just to see one or two new scenes
IIRC he said there's not going to be a scene unlocker in it, but beating the game will unlock features that make it a ton easier to get the route you want

kamikatze

Jun 1, 2018
Man - I remember backing this game in the past but after quite some time with a huge lack of real updates, seeing how much they made monthly, later shown progress just didn't justify the amount of money that went into it. Seeing that the game still hasn't released confirms my assumptions. What a bummer.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes