dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Man - I remember backing this game in the past but after quite some time with a huge lack of real updates, seeing how much they made monthly, later shown progress just didn't justify the amount of money that went into it. Seeing that the game still hasn't released confirms my assumptions. What a bummer.
devs just can sitting on bunch of money bags like Scrooge McDuck, and give lies hopes about full release.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
Well, it looks like on the updates they've been giving show that they *just might* make a 2023 release. From what I understand from the bi-weekly updates, they're almost done? Maybe just the cutscenes they need to do along with some other things, I guess. And I think it's fine they needed to delay the release, since the game clearly was not finished xd.
Yea but if you look at the log from the previous 2 weeks it said Cutscenes left to implement 3 and then 2 weeks later it said cutscenes to implement 2 this dev is so full of shit he needs a giant sized plunger. I feel bad for the people that have waiting years for this game to be released only for the dev to keep lying to them. Its like a rabbit chasing a carrot on a stick they might get a little taste but they never actually get to it. Kinda sad but I hope its worth it for you guys when it finally comes out.

Dee1414

Aug 1, 2019
Well, it looks like on the updates they've been giving show that they *just might* make a 2023 release. From what I understand from the bi-weekly updates, they're almost done? Maybe just the cutscenes they need to do along with some other things, I guess. And I think it's fine they needed to delay the release, since the game clearly was not finished xd.
Yeah, but when it is "done", they have to submit it to steam which takes weeks to review, and if there is any tweaks (as in unacceptable bugs or unfinished content), they send it back for revisions. It's the last week of November, so it's cut pretty close. Considering the "polished demo" was supposed to be released only a week after the previous demo and now that's not happening altogether, I'm betting they've run into snags. 10 bucks says it's not going to hit it's 2023 deadline and suddenly it will be "steams fault", like 2022 summer.

GummyPants

Feb 26, 2023
The fire boss itself has an animation right? Am I just dumb or can you not access it?
Unfortunately, they're not present. I found out the hard way through manually text-editing the unencrypted .map files that the editor can only compile what it knows. In the older 0.36a version, the fire boss animations are missing as well as the entire ice boss.

• Sad
Reactions: an actual idiot

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020

Limbix

Jul 25, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So at the ABSOLUTE earliest, we will see the full release on the 15th, though it could (and most likely will) take longer. Also hopefully this means full fire-level demo soon.

• Angry
Reactions: RasenRengar

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So at the ABSOLUTE earliest, we will see the full release on the 15th, though it could (and most likely will) take longer. Also hopefully this means full fire-level demo soon.
No game ever is accepted on day one of published submissions. It's all in the hands of the middle men in any storefront.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Is there anyone sponsoring Future Fragments?

View attachment 3135389

View attachment 3135390

View attachment 3135391

Patreon backers will have to wait before it is fully registered on Steam

Do I understand correctly?
as far as i've read online Steam does really have a policy in place forbodding outside releases before it's released on steam so he's not lying. So yea, they'll have to wait I think.
Here's hoping Steam takes care of it before the holidays because otherwise everyone will have to wait until after the holidays I'm sure.

Xeline

Feb 3, 2023
Yeah, if it gets a December release its probably around New Years Eve and that's gonna be close (and unlikely). I had a feeling FF wasn't going to meet publishing deadlines when they weren't finished with everything in the middle of November. No skin off my back, either way.

Dee1414

Aug 1, 2019
Supposedly the game gets submitted to Steam today, with another week or 2 of bugfixing afterwards assuming it passes. Dev is really shooting for that 2023 release year even if it's literally the last week of the year
Oh it for sure wont get released in 2023. If by some christmas miracle it does, it'll be heavily bug infested. It'll get released mid January is my guess. But don't worry, HW has publicly stated he will refund EVERYONE on patreon if it isn't out by 2023 lmao.

*Edit
So although HW HAS said he will give everyone a refund if he misses a deadline in the past, I was mistaken about this time as he said he will give everyone if it doesn't "successfully" get released. It was more of a joke about HW's bullshit

Last edited:

ki-ko

Jan 31, 2021
Oh it for sure wont get released in 2023. If by some christmas miracle it does, it'll be heavily bug infested. It'll get released mid January is my guess. But don't worry, HW has publicly stated he will refund EVERYONE on patreon if it isn't out by 2023 lmao.
Unfortunately, they will not keep it.
A few years ago they promised to give the game away for free if they didn't meet their release date, but they never kept their promise.
Perhaps, this time too.

Dee1414

Aug 1, 2019
Unfortunately, they will not keep it.
A few years ago they promised to give the game away for free if they didn't meet their release date, but they never kept their promise.
Perhaps, this time too.
Oh he won't, nor should he. The biggest gripe I have with HW is he always pushes this type of bullshit. Like, it isn't winning PR points saying that, just get the job done.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes