HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there any official artwork for Future Fragments, such as the image in the OP? I really like the art style.
That's about it; there's a model sheet for Talia's in-game sprite and a little comic that Triangulate did for fun in about an hour or two, but otherwise from that there's not any art that's not used in-game; sorry!

Reactions: Daveck

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
hey yall.. i know someone prolly has already answered this sorry if it's the case but
can someone tell me how do we kill,stop or neutralise that damn treadmills robot please?

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
you canot kill those the only way is playing whit gravity and hoping they are on the right place when you use those switches aswhell iff grav is upsidedown then shoot him and gets stuck on the ceiling

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
hey yall.. i know someone prolly has already answered this sorry if it's the case but
can someone tell me how do we kill,stop or neutralise that damn treadmills robot please?
You need to use the gravity pillars in the same map as them to crush them; you can shoot the security robots to disable their attachment to the floor (their magnetic treadmills), then shoot them again to attach them to the ceiling or floor depending on where they're at, as well :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Any games like this you'd recommend? Honestly haven't found any that even come close to Future Fragments' quality standard.
If you're asking for just straight western game platformers, then I would personally recommend Crisis Point: Extinction, it's more metroidvania than FF, so it's not the exact same, but it's very good!

I haven't played it all the way through, but people like Kurovadis also for western game platformers/metroidvanias, as well as Eroico which I haven't played at all, but a lot of people seem to like them.

meta1

Jul 11, 2017
"3 lengthy cutscenes with sex going on in them"

The milking scene with Faye, the grate with the fragment.....what did I miss?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
"3 lengthy cutscenes with sex going on in them"
The milking scene with Faye, the grate with the fragment.....what did I miss?
Weird, I could have sworn I put down 4, I'll have to go back and edit that.

But anyways, assuming you're talking about "the milking scene with Faye" in P3M3, there's another scene with Faye in P6M2 if you rescue her there; additionally, there's of course the long scene with the MainFrame (boss of the level) if you lose to him.

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
ahaha than you for the info hentai writer and loco :)
I accidentally crush it while it was above and just heard the bing sound lol
i like the timing and style you pull that one :p hard to figure out but when you get use to it
it's fun :p also just so i can keep up.. i played the fire level at the very beginning like last year
if i remember correctly and am not sure if it has changed but 0.27 is electric right?
so if i understood the history right there will be 5 level fire and electric over we're heading to earth?
was just wondering cause i see a lot of .17, .22 etc demos so is it necessary for me to play them or
just stick to the latest one?
thanks again
p.s love the voice actors, music and the story based.. vie and specially talia both are so funny xD

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
is there a way to make the screen bigger?
Yeah, you can do fullscreen mode by pressing ESC and then going to the video options! It's sliiightly buggy for now though so it may not work perfectly on some people's computers, but we're going to fix that in time of course.

so if i understood the history right there will be 5 level fire and electric over we're heading to earth?
was just wondering cause i see a lot of .17, .22 etc demos so is it necessary for me to play them or
just stick to the latest one?
The last Ice Level demo was v0.17a, the last Fire Level demo was v0.12a, and then the last Electric Demo was v0.27F :)

Glad you liked the voicework and game so much!

meta1

Jul 11, 2017
The more I play through the Electric demo...the more I feel this may have been better served as a Metroidvania. The additional movement power ups, plus the movement options from the boss battles, would add some great exploration options to previous areas.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The more I play through the Electric demo...the more I feel this may have been better served as a Metroidvania. The additional movement power ups, plus the movement options from the boss battles, would add some great exploration options to previous areas.
The reason we didn't make it a metroidvania was primarily because of the cutscenes and the plot progression in general; the large amount of changes to cutscenes based on what order you run into them on is already a lot to manage when you're forced to do maps in a path in a given order (and that you're unlikely to return to an existing map). If we had to do metroidvania aspects on top of that, it'd be impossible to balance all the changes, that, or we'd sacrifice quality by reducing them to a manageable number which would make the whole thing pointless to begin with :p

For the plot progression, as the plot is fairly important to the game, we made it so each area gets destroyed so that the plot would always be moving forward; if we allowed players to return to previous areas, and then tried to stick plot in those areas, it would again be a pretty chaotic situation with all the different variables.

That said, the sequel to this game will play much more like a fast-paced metroidvania; think Metal Gear Rising + Super Metroid. Faye will be able to go through her maps in a very different way than Talia will, with wall jumps, super jumps, destructive walls, all of those sort of things, but as a result, her game will have less emphasis on storyline to accommodate these new features.

meta1

Jul 11, 2017
Nice. Obviously things change, but for the foreseeable future, is it the same team that will be working on the sequel?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Nice. Obviously things change, but for the foreseeable future, is it the same team that will be working on the sequel?
Yeah, the same core team won't change for the sequel either; there's no way we'd be able to do it if any of us left it.

astaroth96

Nov 12, 2017
hey dude, I have a little problem with this game; it doesn't run for me at all, any idea on how to fix that?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
hey dude, I have a little problem with this game; it doesn't run for me at all, any idea on how to fix that?
What OS are you on, and are you on a tower or laptop computer? Also, are you running any antivirus programs?

astaroth96

Nov 12, 2017
What OS are you on, and are you on a tower or laptop computer? Also, are you running any antivirus programs?
I'm at a laptop, have already stopped the antivirus and all that shit, still, nothing, and, just to say, it is the same with crisis point, even though that has nothing to do with you

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm at a laptop, have already stopped the antivirus and all that shit, still, nothing, and, just to say, it is the same with crisis point, even though that has nothing to do with you
It's likely some sort of spyware then or something else preventing it from loading, that or something else with your graphics card, if you can get me your system specs in a PM I'll try to help more

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes