HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Look good, I'm hoping to see more hypnosis stuff
We're actually not going to have any more hypnosis stuff in the game, and have already taken out the Fire Level animation that had it, partially due to few in-universe things, plus not being satisfied with the original animation and wanting to change it to something else.

Sorry to disappoint, but I figured we should people know in advance, we just decided on this a week or so ago.

Kachopper9

Aug 1, 2017
We're actually not going to have any more hypnosis stuff in the game, and have already taken out the Fire Level animation that had it, partially due to few in-universe things, plus not being satisfied with the original animation and wanting to change it to something else.

Sorry to disappoint, but I figured we should people know in advance, we just decided on this a week or so ago.
Wow... that's.... extremely disappointing and infuriating ,especially considering that was the stuff I most excited about and it was easily my favorite animation. I was really looking forward to more of it. There was even a topic on the hypnopics collective forum. I can hope something changes but I doubt it.

Why remove it?

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Wow... that's.... extremely disappointing and infuriating ,especially considering that was the stuff I most excited about and it was easily my favorite animation. I was really looking forward to more of it. There was even a topic on the hypnopics collective forum. I can hope something changes but I doubt it.

Why remove it?
There's a few reasons;

Part of it was that Triangulate just wasn't satisfied with the animation; it was just her getting off, no actual direct interactivity with the enemy, and he highly prefers actual direct interactivity between the enemy and Talia with animations.

(The only reason we put it in in the first place was because we couldn't come up with anything else that we felt fit the character at the time and wasn't something we'd done with the other four enemies in the level; we've now since got a whole host of different ways we can do sequences, so that's no longer an issue.)

I was unsatisfied because it seemed to be out of nowhere lore/design-wise, you have this half-human, half-demon character that for some reason has a seduction power... despite being in a facility solely with men, so its power would never actually get used most of the time.

To make matters worse, with the established story that sex is outlawed unless it's with gratters (vibrators/sex machines), and that the Rebels wouldn't be really bothered or annoyed by getting turned on... it just makes no sense for the WORM to create this perfect weapon of sorts and then have its abilities be useless most of the time and focused on something that they considered illegal.

There's other small factors too, but those were by far the biggest ones; sorry about taking it out, but yeah, we're pretty set in that. The game was never focused on that fetish to begin with though, as it was just a single animation, and the sex in the game to begin with is only a part of the whole thing, not the core or main focus.

Reactions: Yevaud6

Kachopper9

Aug 1, 2017
There's a few reasons;

Part of it was that Triangulate just wasn't satisfied with the animation; it was just her getting off, no actual direct interactivity with the enemy, and he highly prefers actual direct interactivity between the enemy and Talia with animations.

(The only reason we put it in in the first place was because we couldn't come up with anything else that we felt fit the character at the time and wasn't something we'd done with the other four enemies in the level; we've now since got a whole host of different ways we can do sequences, so that's no longer an issue.)

I was unsatisfied because it seemed to be out of nowhere lore/design-wise, you have this half-human, half-demon character that for some reason has a seduction power... despite being in a facility solely with men, so its power would never actually get used most of the time.

To make matters worse, with the established story that sex is outlawed unless it's with gratters (vibrators/sex machines), and that the Rebels wouldn't be really bothered or annoyed by getting turned on... it just makes no sense for the WORM to create this perfect weapon of sorts and then have its abilities be useless most of the time and focused on something that they considered illegal.

There's other small factors too, but those were by far the biggest ones; sorry about taking it out, but yeah, we're pretty set in that. The game was never focused on that fetish to begin with though, as it was just a single animation, and the sex in the game to begin with is only a part of the whole thing, not the core or main focus.
*Sigh* That makes me both sad and mad. Those heart eyes the animation had was amazing as well.

The enemy not interacting part can easily be fixed by having the enemy interacting with her while she's in a hypnotized daze enjoying it, and while it doesn't make sense for sex, things can have hypnosis and or mind control without being originally intended for sex.

I'm sorry, just... having my expectations crushed is just a pet peeve of mine. (Especially considering if it wasn't originally even going to be there yet a thread was made for it on Hypnopics collective originally, and databases have the hypno label on it.) I'm probably the only one who even cares though, even though it's not a big deal in the first place.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm sorry, just... having my expectations crushed is just a pet peeve of mine. (Especially considering if it wasn't originally even going to be there yet a thread was made for it on Hypnopics collective originally, and databases have the hypno label on it.) I'm probably the only one who even cares though, even though it's not a big deal in the first place.
I'm sorry to crush your expectations like that, but if you were playing the game solely for that aspect, it probably wouldn't have been the game for you to begin with, as it was never a focus of ours to begin with; the core focus was the gameplay, story, art, and audio quality as a whole, with the sex coming in at a close second, but no particular fetish or kind of sex gets preferential treatment.

Quite a few people did enjoy that animation though and wanted more, but we'd said a lot of times that we didn't have any intent in including more of it in the game, and with this change, we're taking it out entirely due to the reasons above.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean about "databases have the hypno label on it"; we never put any hypnotic label or imagery anywhere in the game, what did you mean with that?

Kachopper9

Aug 1, 2017
I'm sorry to crush your expectations like that, but if you were playing the game solely for that aspect, it probably wouldn't have been the game for you to begin with, as it was never a focus of ours to begin with; the core focus was the gameplay, story, art, and audio quality as a whole, with the sex coming in at a close second, but no particular fetish or kind of sex gets preferential treatment.

Quite a few people did enjoy that animation though and wanted more, but we'd said a lot of times that we didn't have any intent in including more of it in the game, and with this change, we're taking it out entirely due to the reasons above.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean about "databases have the hypno label on it"; we never put any hypnotic label or imagery anywhere in the game, what did you mean with that?
Multiple places have it tagged with Hypnosis/mind control. It was posted in a hypnotics game forum, by you guys(Although the thread is gone now).

If people liked it there's probably going to some unhappiness with the removal. Kind of caused it by having it in the first place which might have attracted others and made people want more of, especially if it wasn't even meant to be there.

If you haven't made a public announcement, you should probably do it.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Multiple places have it tagged with Hypnosis/mind control. It was posted in a hypnotics game forum, by you guys(Although the thread is gone now).
Right, when we posted it there, that animation was present, and being that it was only the first level, it was a lot less diluted then; we haven't posted there in almost two years, though.

Where else is it tagged with that? Going over the forums I've posted threads in, I can't find any other places that have it tagged as that, and if they did, then it's not something we tagged; other people sometimes misconstrue what's in the game though due to assumptions or not keeping up with recent updates (for example, the post a few above here that talked about insects and such when there's none of those in the game).

(I'm also still wondering what you meant about the databanks having a "hypno symbol".)

If people liked it there's probably going to some unhappiness with the removal. Kind of caused it by having it in the first place which might have attracted others and made people want more of, especially if it wasn't even meant to be there.
Of course, and I have actually told people over the years that we had no more planned hypnosis animations when people asked about it; I've also made it pretty clear that any aspects of the game can and likely will change if we feel we need to do so. There's actually a lot of features we've changed or taken out or added on as playtesting and our own vision of the game has changed slightly over time, which is why if you're really into the game for one particular fetish and nothing else, it's probably not going to be the game for you because we don't intend on focusing on any one given fetish nor do we intend on focusing on sexual aspects of the game over gameplay as a whole either.

If you haven't made a public announcement, you should probably do it.
I have made an announcement about it on the Patreon discord a few times, but I haven't specifically announced it on the Patreon yet as we've been focused on this Electric Demo and such as of late. However, I have mentioned that we were going to be completely revamping the Fire Level and significantly revamping the Ice Level come game completion for both quality and consistency purposes, so people have known for a while on the Patreon that a lot of things will be changed in those two levels.

Ikegamo

Mar 20, 2017
Is it just me or did Future Fragments never jump back up the list in the "Latest Updates" section? I mean the thread got updated some time ago yet I always follow the latest updates section yet never saw it anywhere.

Kachopper9

Aug 1, 2017
Of course, and I have actually told people over the years that we had no more planned hypnosis animations when people asked about it; I've also made it pretty clear that any aspects of the game can and likely will change if we feel we need to do so. There's actually a lot of features we've changed or taken out or added on as playtesting and our own vision of the game has changed slightly over time, which is why if you're really into the game for one particular fetish and nothing else, it's probably not going to be the game for you because we don't intend on focusing on any one given fetish nor do we intend on focusing on sexual aspects of the game over gameplay as a whole either.
I didn't mean I wanted it to be all hypno, I'm just dissappointed there won't be any at all.

careful

Jul 26, 2017
There's a few reasons;

Bummer. I liked that animation too. I can get where you're coming from, though. You have something you want to make, so make it. No chance that anything similar sneaks its way in somewhere else? Or that cut animations find their way into the galleries?

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
There's a few reasons;

The reason behind the removal seems logical. Thanks for the explaination, don't really get that much, so it's refreshing to see. The game is really solid, keep up the great work, can't wait for your future updates.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I wonder if the gameplay is still a miserable pile of shit?
I'm kind of old school myself, so I just see it as a difficulty curve. Makes it fun and challenging. I've seen flatout bad and unworkable before. These controls aren't that....but maybe that's just me.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I wonder if the gameplay is still a miserable pile of shit?
You should try it out for yourself and see! :) We plan on making large adjustments and balance changes to the fighting system, projectiles, enemy behaviors, and powerup abilities during the Earth Level development, so we're always trying to improve on combat mechanics.

Reactions: tpogs and jugde

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Just from the images the gameplay looks cool as shit. I prefer more pixely art on sidescrolling platformers like this, it just looks cleaner, but still. Nice change from all the gameplay-less VNs.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes