Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
I seriously doubt f95zone users are even a drop in the bucket of the Steam market HentaiWriter can pull right now. Let's get over ourselves here.
I doubt it: sure, there any new platform means wider exposure, but it's akin to moving from a tiny marketplace where you have a booth as large as anyone else's to a planet-sized marketplace but you still have the same tiny booth on an empty roadside hundreds of miles from the country-sized monolith of "Triple A titles". Eroge/hentai titles on Steam are still a relatively small share of overall interest, and word-of-mouth/recurrent interest (e.g. people who already followed on other platforms) are probably as important as anywhere else. Even factoring in the assumption that HW is just incompetent, if Steam were such a potential goldmine I'd think they would have put more effort into actually putting the game into a release-ready state, rather than dragging their feet for the past what, year or two since the last time they tried?

F95 may not be huge, but it is definitely a large name nowadays among...uh..."h-game hunters" (I have no idea wtf to call us as a generalized demographic lol)? H-games face the massive hurdle that they can't widely advertise, meaning that any forums in which they can be discussed are arguably essential to promoting them; if they weren't, I don't think HW would waste so much of their time and life force reporting people and whining about bad reviews. Even if the Steam release were their golden goose, they can't even be consistent on what they want the game to be, as demonstrated by arguments throughout the thread about whether this is even meant to be "about the h-content" or if it's just an incredibly poor Metroidvania that happens to have h-scenes. Without any kind of identity, the game wouldn't draw anyone in no matter how large the audience: why play a mid-tier sidescroller that (as of recently) has self-indulgent levels of dialogue about a non-existent story when I could just play Blasphemous, Risk of Rain 1, or just about any other sidescroller that's vastly superior at the low cost of not having h-scenes (which, as aforementioned, isn't what the game is about according to some)?

All of this is really just to say that I do think our opinions and discussion matter given the difficulty of wider advertising for h-games. Even if they do eventually release on Steam, they will first have to sell enough to offset the impact it will have on their subs: no more project means less backers (assuming they're not all on automatic payments and forgot about them years ago), and unless they intend to market it as an h-game, as mentioned above I highly doubt any significant number of people will be impressed by the gameplay. They're either gonna have to suck it up and accept that their "brilliant writing" isn't going to impress anyone when stacked against vastly superior 2d platformers that have released in recent years and refocus on the hentai elements, or I just don't see how they get any more than a few hundred/thousand downloads.

And just to be clear, this isn't taking shots at the game or anyone: the only relevant things to discuss about the game currently are the prospects for the Steam release (assuming HW is even being honest about the release schedule in the first place), so I'm just giving my two cents on the importance of smaller communities like f95 in relation to h-game marketing and the relative likelihood of HW benefitting from Steam even assuming they do release by the end of the month.

Last edited:

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Our team has been extremely patient when attempting to deal with this game, its developer, its fans & critics, and all other associated drama and infighting. We've experienced the same type of difficulties experienced by other platforms and it's become a very arduous task to maintain this thread any longer.

If you wish to discuss or comment on this content, then please use the unmoderated offtopic thread for now https://f95zone.to/threads/future-fragments-fans-and-fuckbois-festival.155495/

anon_74972

Mar 18, 2021
Almost full save. Didn't manage to play some of the ideal scenes and being honest, not even sure if they work. Also Final Boss WREN is not done, no idea how to beat him.
At least i managed to unlock the gallery for all Levels.
Save Slot 2, 4, 5, 7 are before the boss defeat scenes. Slot 9 is just broken :(

Save Path: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\Future_Fragments

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Ah shit, we got got again. It actually released. Well now what do we do?
What we never thought possible: actually play the (still not entirely) complete game. Truly one of the timelines of all time.

Damn, this place updated before backers got their copy they were promised from way back in the day, wild
Nah, what would be wild is if they actually follow through on that promise; I wouldn't put it past HW to redirect people here out of pure spite for the moderators (sorry mods, I know he harasses you as much as us party clowns do :KEK: )

Reactions: Bulbanych

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FutureFragments-1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
Nah, what would be wild is if they actually follow through on that promise; I wouldn't put it past HW to redirect people here out of pure spite for the moderators (sorry mods, I know he harasses you as much as us party clowns do :KEK: )
Actually I'll be fair, it's entirely my fault in this case. I do not use patreon any longer, so I did not notice the message I was sent a month ago regarding my copy, with a form to fill out for which platform I wanted my copy on. So that's on me.

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Actually I'll be fair, it's entirely my fault in this case. I do not use patreon any longer, so I did not notice the message I was sent a month ago regarding my copy, with a form to fill out for which platform I wanted my copy on. So that's on me.
That actually amazes me that HW managed to follow through on something, that being said it is kinda the bare minimum to make good on one promise buried beneath a bunch of other broken promises though.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Truly the end of an era.

Little disclaimer to people that have been waiting for this (like myself). The game is mostly complete, but not fully. There's some "voicework and cutscenes" that currently aren't implemented because of last minute changes and such. That includes for some of the h-scenes as well. I feel like if you've been waiting this long, might as well wait a bit more for it to be actually complete (but that's just me). Think there's plans for post release stuff as well but I'm not that in the loop so don't quote me.

Edit: to quote the dev directly: "you could consider the first month of release a "soft launch" of sorts - there will be rough edges, for sure, but we plan to fix them ASAP"

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes