Fernaske

Feb 24, 2024
Considering he did cobble together the demos at the last minute once the steam approval went through: I do believe him now about being denied before. Not because of any error on Steam's part, but due to his own incompetence and user error when it comes to submitting the game. Then again looking at him blatantly lying about Patreon pledges makes me feel like a fool for trying to give any benefit of a doubt.
If HW was serious about the game he would have been able to put it up as Early Access years ago with a polished version of the first level, then work from there until everything he wants has been added to get to the 1.0 version.

The early access titles I've bought worked that way, a more recent example is Gloomwood. I bought that the very day it went on Early Access and it only had the initial tutorial area, the mine area after the tutorial area before stopping at the area just outside of the mine exit. A little over year later and a lot of new areas, enemies and features has been added, while existing area and enemies got even more polish. It'll be getting another huge area soon with new enemies as well which would make the game around 50% complete.

I'm guessing HW doesn't want to do the Early Access model because that would mean that once people got the $20 threshold needed to get a Steam key, a lot of backers will likely stop there and just wait for the updates to come out on Steam.

Fernaske

Feb 24, 2024
And what if HW did indeed try to apply for EA?
His work ethic may not change much and the game may continue to fester in Early Access, but at least he no longer can make the excuse of Steam rejecting his game builds and critics can no longer use not having a Steam release as an angle of attack. And now that the general public also has a stake in this, at least there will be more pressure to actually put out something as it can bring in more accountability.

At this point though we are all digressing over what-ifs. The truth is it took 9 years to end up with a sloppy and incomplete release. No amount of gaslighting from you and other HW defenders would change that. I'm just waiting for the one month "soft launch" period to end to see if HW can make good on his latest promise.

Reactions: Dawoodi

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
His work ethic may not change much and the game may continue to fester in Early Access, but at least he no longer can make the excuse of Steam rejecting his game builds and critics can no longer use not having a Steam release as an angle of attack. And now that the general public also has a stake in this, at least there will be more pressure to actually put out something as it can bring in more accountability.

At this point though we are all digressing over what-ifs. The truth is it took 9 years to end up with a sloppy and incomplete release. No amount of gaslighting from you and other HW defenders would change that. I'm just waiting for the one month "soft launch" period to end to see if HW can make good on his latest promise.
Boy, Steam REJECTED the first attempt to get the game on Steam including it being EA because the game was already too far in development according to Steam's EA rules.

The game's launch may have been shakey but it's still more than many games on this site get. Perhaps you should give game development a shot yourself and create a game as complex as FF in a faster time than HW did. Remember, if you miss even a single deadline the project is a scam as pronounced by this forum.

Btw, the "1 month" thing is an estimate, not a promise. And what exactly DO you know of his work ethic?

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
Was there a charge shot in an earlier version that has been left in the new release? I do not have any spells nor a charge shot, nothing happens if I press 'C' nor if I hold 'X'... So I cannot beat the ADMN Spawner. What am I missing?

Fernaske

Feb 24, 2024
Boy, Steam REJECTED the first attempt to get the game on Steam including it being EA because the game was already too far in development according to Steam's EA rules.

The game's launch may have been shakey but it's still more than many games on this site get. Perhaps you should give game development a shot yourself and create a game as complex as FF in a faster time than HW did. Remember, if you miss even a single deadline the project is a scam as pronounced by this forum.

Btw, the "1 month" thing is an estimate, not a promise. And what exactly DO you know of his work ethic?
Steam's Early Access has been around a long time, even before the game started development. It would have been his choice to only submit it after it is out of the supposed threshold for Early Access, and should have done the appropriate research before choosing Steam as a main platform to begin with.

As for the other points, if the game got "too complex" to make then maybe stop doing content/feature creep and stick to a reasonable scope or get more people to help. Both are choices he could have considered. People only started complaining when the delays and failed deadlines became consistent and numerous for so many years. I may not know him personally but looking at the pattern on which he operates and the time he spent arguing with people in forums and pestering moderation teams tells me what I need to know.

I'll at least give him credit that he finally made the sensible decision to cobble together what he already has and put it up as a release on Steam, and what he released works for what it has.

nikkunamesu

Dec 26, 2019
Was there a charge shot in an earlier version that has been left in the new release? I do not have any spells nor a charge shot, nothing happens if I press 'C' nor if I hold 'X'... So I cannot beat the ADMN Spawner. What am I missing?
You get the charge shots once you unlock at least one elemental power (as in, you need to beat the fire level first to get the charge fire shot). As to how to beat the ADMN Spawner, equip the power-up that increases your attack for each shot that hits an enemy and spam attack him

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
You get the charge shots once you unlock at least one elemental power (as in, you need to beat the fire level first to get the charge fire shot). As to how to beat the ADMN Spawner, equip the power-up that increases your attack for each shot that hits an enemy and spam attack him
THANKS - beat it first try with this! I had the impression that it was invulnerable and it was a chase. Seemed impossible :eek:)

Firewolf63

Apr 2, 2019
I've been huffing some serious copium on this one,

but seeing HW go from
1708896021610.png

to this on 2/22/2024
1708896065280.png

When the first level is the only 100% complete thing, 2nd level is missing some cutscenes, missing a lot of plot in between levels 2 and 3

While 3, 4, and 5, are practically the same as the demo's we had years ago

Really kind of a rude wakeup call

RickyRolling42069

Jul 23, 2018
Gallery by now is missing npc and boss scenes, making me feel bad about skipping sex event in the game, now ig we have to wait for dev to update the gallery

Reactions: 小66

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Kind of crazy how many posters here seem to just only be nitpicking and strawmanning posts that are critical of this shitshow, the smallest little thing in a post gets twisted into nonsense and pulled apart unthinkingly but none of that same critical thought is applied to the game they're defending. How odd.

Crowza

Oct 25, 2020
Anyone know what the fuck the NPC in p1m1 in ice lvl named Demolicus is talking about?
Basically, you need more violence stat in order to advance that conversation.
Weird how HW left what seems to be a pretty damn important cutscene out of the game (between ice and electric) considering vie is just all of a sudden acting like a completely different character
Yeah it threw me off seeing how different she acts, as if an entire level's worth of context is missing. I'm pausing the game at the start of the Electric Level until the patches are in as from what I've heard from other users, the levels after Ice are missing alot content and voices so I'd rather just wait for them to add those in.

Papanomics

Feb 4, 2021
And Shady Corner has blocked me too because I apparently tell the truth.

I'm okay with it. Shady Corner games aren't exactly great.

He'll probably make a lot of money off this game, and he'll do it again, and 80% of you will support him for another ten years, and he'll never have anything to worry about. But I'll be there, to shit on that game too (if it sucks).

Damn shame as the character design, not so much Talia, but Faye and Vie, were pretty good.

posilepton

Jun 5, 2017
Anyone have a compilation of all the latest demos for this game? I would like to do the comparison myself and see how legitimate each of the claims are.

SmugAshe

Mar 20, 2018
Earth is a little broken and lacks content compared to the first 3 levels, and End level just isnt even playable

3.80 star(s) 80 Votes