DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Meh.

Feels mediocre with stuff missing, even in galleries as other users pointed out. Maybe it will be added later to see all the scenes/nonenemy interactions.

I feel HW probably should just invest in visual novels or something, given the amount of dialogue in the game. Probably be a better direction honestly.

But hey, that's just my thoughts.

C17H19NO3

Oct 8, 2018
Sooo, is it just my 1.0 verison happens to be bugged, or the first boss (slime) is technically unbeatable?

In about 70+ attempts, exhausting all hints, exhausting all builds, exhausting all possible strategies (from mashing to interrupting to speedrunning forward to arbitrary combinations of all above), and literally nothing works.

Or, is there some specific game mechanic or interaction necessary to beat that encounter but never ever explained and/or mentioned in-game, which I thus don't know of?

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Sooo, is it just my 1.0 verison happens to be bugged, or the first boss (slime) is technically unbeatable?

In about 70+ attempts, exhausting all hints, exhausting all builds, exhausting all possible strategies (from mashing to interrupting to speedrunning forward to arbitrary combinations of all above), and literally nothing works.

Or, is there some specific game mechanic or interaction necessary to beat that encounter but never ever explained and/or mentioned in-game, which I thus don't know of?
The boss speeds up over time, you can slow it back down again by shooting it. So you need to alternate between clearing a path and shooting the boss. Or rely on powerups and nuke it.

C17H19NO3

Oct 8, 2018
The boss speeds up over time, you can slow it back down again by shooting it. So you need to alternate between clearing a path and shooting the boss. Or rely on powerups and nuke it.
Unfortunately, this was the first strategy I tried (furthermore, tried the most as it has been explicitly hinted on), and it literally doesn't work. Boss slowdown from shots is almost non-existing, and somehow my shots aren't registered outside the screen, so "alternating fire" without waiting it to be rendered leads to nothing. Basically, that strategy means 100% guaranteed loss within half of screen-space.

Powerups also don't work in any combination.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Unfortunately, this was the first strategy I tried (furthermore, tried the most as it has been explicitly hinted on), and it literally doesn't work. Boss slowdown from shots is almost non-existing, and somehow my shots aren't registered outside the screen, so "alternating fire" without waiting it to be rendered leads to nothing. Basically, that strategy means 100% guaranteed loss within half of screen-space.

Powerups also don't work in any combination.
Your shots only travel so far before they disappear so trying to put too much distance between you and the boss will only cause it to reach speeds where it'll close the distance so fast it'll be pretty difficult to recover from. Just keep the boss near the edge of the screen but not too far.
There's maybe 2-3 powerups that absolutely melt that boss, and another 6 or so that make it much easier., normally the levels seem to give a pretty good variety between the powerups you find, so while it's probably not impossible for you to not have found any of the useful ones in this situation, it's pretty unlikely.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe your game is bugged somehow. I've had one build that was giving me issues that no one else seemed to have, only troubleshooting that solved my issue was a redownload.

Feb 4, 2018
Playing it more is actually making me mad. This game had so much potential to be good and the story (that's actually in the game) is good. There are TONS of silver databanks that amount to boring nothing-burgers of content while actual vital cutscenes are just missing. The game is just flat out unfinished and is a confusing experience right now. Did we really need all of these silver databanks? I doubt most players even read them

bndlover

Jun 4, 2019
They're actually refunding? I thought those devs said they had given all their money to the investors or whatever. At least they did something right I suppose.
Didn't they also use their hype to market some other games and software? That seems to still fit the fraud/scam narrative.
Yah, they did. From last check, it was like 210k sales and 91k refunds. Which is what I was referring to when I said that most ppl don't ask for a refund even in the case of an obvious scam. A lot of ppl either don't know they can, or just let it go, giving up their money.

• Sad
Reactions: drone4of2

Wacre

Jun 2, 2017
Playing it more is actually making me mad. This game had so much potential to be good and the story (that's actually in the game) is good. There are TONS of silver databanks that amount to boring nothing-burgers of content while actual vital cutscenes are just missing. The game is just flat out unfinished and is a confusing experience right now. Did we really need all of these silver databanks? I doubt most players even read them
I read 2 cutscenes,2 NPC with ! marks and 2 silver databanks,and that was enough already for me to just skip every next dialogue dump in the game until i dropped the game definitely at some half ice zone

Raffa

Jun 15, 2017
Anyone have a compilation of all the latest demos for this game? I would like to do the comparison myself and see how legitimate each of the claims are.
I have a lot of old versions from v0.12 to v0.49. I could post them on MEGA if you want.

EDIT: Here's the link:

I'm missing a few demo versions, but you have at least 36 different versions to play around with and check what's been added/removed/changed. Have fun! :)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 80 Votes