SoleAlt

Jul 27, 2017
I can upload it if you can recommend a site that wont nuke the download right away
Your best bet might be bunkrr or pixeldrain, mega and gofile get clapped pretty quickly but bunkrr and pixeldrain links seem pretty good about staying up from what I've seen

snipa008

Jan 17, 2021
Will the gallery eventually have the bosses added to it?
Does anyone have any idea, or a way to warp back to boss fights to do again? (I suppose this could be done strategically with saves though)

Dragon4458

Feb 23, 2024
Will the gallery eventually have the bosses added to it?
Does anyone have any idea, or a way to warp back to boss fights to do again? (I suppose this could be done strategically with saves though)
Yeah ud have to save right before and then just reload
Oh sorry, I'm late to the discussion and various iterations. I wouldn't even know which one to specify.
Depends, a lot got removed in the final update, would help if you could narrow it down by level as thats how the demos came out

Reactions: snipa008

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Does the gallery need to be updated or did he not get far enough to provide any game over scenes for the last two levels?

I think the gallery is from February of this year which isn't too far back.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Yeah. Those logs are like a 'how not to do world-building' masterclass. They're totally lacking in intrigue, wit, or eroticism. The average dictionary entry is more inspired.
I mean to be fair for anyone reading this I have a question.

When did you stop actually reading skyrim books or baldur's gate 3 books?

I mean some are barely a page. I stopped pretty early if I'm honest. It's not how I want my lore really. I was able to piece together through occasional dialogue in my time at portia, that sandrock is past the desert(which is in both games) and there's 5 "free cities" with open trade and they could very well make this massive open world game at some point.

to retort my question, those computer dialogues even though voiced, go for pages and pages. it is too much and I think it's just some complaining half the time rather than centered on story.

• Haha
Reactions: dragonsix6969

surskit

May 6, 2017

I mean some are barely a page. I stopped pretty early if I'm honest. It's not how I want my lore really. I was able to piece together through occasional dialogue in my time at portia, that sandrock is past the desert(which is in both games) and there's 5 "free cities" with open trade and they could very well make this massive open world game at some point.

to retort my question, those computer dialogues even though voiced, go for pages and pages. it is too much and I think it's just some complaining half the time rather than centered on story.
I skimmed over a good majority of the skyrim books, but it was nice having them in case you wanted more information. Plus, they were like... 100 words or less per book.

Like most of the complaints here, I feel the dialogue and logs interrupt the game WAY more than necessary. Even if there was anything of interest within them, their physical placement in the world is so haphazard that I'm likely to forget what they're alluding to when I encounter them.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I skimmed over a good majority of the skyrim books, but it was nice having them in case you wanted more information. Plus, they were like... 100 words or less per book.

Like most of the complaints here, I feel the dialogue and logs interrupt the game WAY more than necessary. Even if there was anything of interest within them, their physical placement in the world is so haphazard that I'm likely to forget what they're alluding to when I encounter them.
LMAO! You're spot on with the haphazard remark.

I guess I was playing both sides. I don't like to absolve one and condemn the other so i had to rag on skyrim, but the problem with my.... "point" is I don't know how much of it is relevant in fragments. Sometimes a guy is just complaining it's hot.
Skyrim it was all relevant, at least in accordance to the title of the book.

like "the lusty argonian maid" probably won't have ANYTHING to do with skyrim lore, but it WILL have something to do with a...lusty argonian maid. :giggle:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017

I agree. If the logs were collected and transported to a compendium of sorts where they were laid out in an ordered fashion and could be engaged with at will, I doubt people would have as much of a problem with them. The way they're interspersed through the game is a bit jarring and doesn't fit with the tone and pacing of the genre, and there's nothing innovative being done to temper the disappointment with the implementation. You just get wall-of-text dumps every so often that ruin the flow of the game.

With Skyrim, you're in a world that attempts to approximate something that's open and lived-in, and it makes sense for various tomes and text to be encountered in such an environment.

Reactions: ShiningPenguin

surskit

May 6, 2017
Remember, the "Future" in Future Fragments is meant to be a meta reference to when the game will be finished.
Geez, it was right there in the name the whole time. The demos. The cobbling together of a million text dumps. I feel so stupid for not realizing the game was meant to be broken from the inception of it's name. Changing my score to 5/5 now.

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017

The Skyrim books had some good stories in it. The book about the thief and the ugly wife was amusing, the thief and dinner was pretty good horror, and the dark elf queen one (uncensored version, might have to check daggerfall) had some good moments, ESPECIALLY "Peasant dreams, pleasant dreams". I still remember that line.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes