HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is anyone else not able to switch between your three powers cause I can't.
If you're playing the new version, v0.47v1, that's because the Ice Level is the 2nd level in the game, and so the only Boss Ability you would have unlocked at that point would be Fire.

v0.27P is the Electric Level with both Ice and Fire unlocked, and v0.46 has Fire, Ice, and Electric available. You don't get any new powers for beating the Earth Level (v0.46), so you still have only those three abilities in the last level of the game, The End (v0.45a).

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
If you mean Vie, the white haired woman, unfortunately we have no game planned for her, because honestly she's too OP; any game with her would just be her instantly eradicating people, haha.
Annotation 2020-08-06 085842.png \
I mean her, I really wanna play as her:love:!
I want to see those nice big tits jiggle when she runs:devilish:

unfortunately we have no game planned for her
:cry:

Reactions: dragonsix6969

number361

Dec 2, 2018
I'm confused now, which version am I supposed to download for the full experience? The latest update or the public one? Does the public one contain the updates from the latest release?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm confused now, which version am I supposed to download for the full experience? The latest update or the public one? Does the public one contain the updates from the latest release?
So the way the game's being developed is that each demo has a self-contained level.
The full game will have all the levels connected together, for one playthrough straight through everything the game's got to offer, etc.

However, the reason we're doing it this way is because with each new demo, we add in new mechanics, both level-specific and globally across the entire game.

Especially for the global mechanics, if we adjust it down the road (for example, how we changed it so that cutscenes can be triggered by pressing the Up key instead of them automatically playing, or how powerups can now be switched anywhere instead of just at the Save Pad), and if we had all the levels connected together, we would need to update that functionality for all the levels at once, which would be much more time spent than just updating it for the single level where this change in the mechanic was first tested out.

Then, if we have a demo with that (like the recent Ice demo where people didn't like how we did the laser puzzle) and we realize from feedback that the new feature has some issues, we only have to adjust it within that demo, instead of again adjusting all previous levels and such, which is a time sink.

Once all the assets for the game are complete, we can go through the game in one single fell swoop and update everything up to snuff with the final versions of all content/mechanics/assets, saving us a lot of time.

-----------------------------------

So with that info out of the way;
  • If you've never played the game before, v0.27P, on Gamejolt , is by far the best version to play first.
    • This is because it's a polished version at about 90% the quality of what the full game will be like; all scenes are voice acted, it's a level you can play through from beginning to end without issue, all the maps are complete, lots of cutscenes and choices, and so on.
      • However, it doesn't have some of the mechanical improvements from later demos.
      • It also only contains one level (level 3, the Electric Level aka the Gratification Factory).
Once you've played v0.27P, the most up to date versions of other levels are;
  • Ice Level (level 2) - The recently released v0.47
  • Earth Level (level 4) - v0.46
  • The End (level 5, final level) v0.45a
  • Fire Level - No available version, as it was on an old engine; it'll be updated with v0.48 at September's end, though.
Each of the above four levels however has no voicework for the most part, no databanks, no cutscenes besides 1 or 2, no finalized text, missing assets/enemy attacks/functionality, and in general is far less polished than v0.27P.

This is because they're all intended as Patreon beta builds, and as such, we're posting them to get feedback to improve things while we finalize polish on the levels and other assets (like the True Final Boss fight) at the same time.

tl;dr;
- Get v0.27P for a polished, full experience that's the closest thing to what a single level from the retail game would be like (but even it isn't at 100% final quality)
- Get v0.47, v0.46, or v0.45a to experience 3 of the other 5 levels in the game, but they're much rougher and leaner content-wise than v0.27P is

Reactions: RedMuffin

number361

Dec 2, 2018
So the way the game's being developed is that each demo has a self-contained level.
The full game will have all the levels connected together, for one playthrough straight through everything the game's got to offer, etc.

However, the reason we're doing it this way is because with each new demo, we add in new mechanics, both level-specific and globally across the entire game.

Especially for the global mechanics, if we adjust it down the road (for example, how we changed it so that cutscenes can be triggered by pressing the Up key instead of them automatically playing, or how powerups can now be switched anywhere instead of just at the Save Pad), and if we had all the levels connected together, we would need to update that functionality for all the levels at once, which would be much more time spent than just updating it for the single level where this change in the mechanic was first tested out.

Then, if we have a demo with that (like the recent Ice demo where people didn't like how we did the laser puzzle) and we realize from feedback that the new feature has some issues, we only have to adjust it within that demo, instead of again adjusting all previous levels and such, which is a time sink.

Once all the assets for the game are complete, we can go through the game in one single fell swoop and update everything up to snuff with the final versions of all content/mechanics/assets, saving us a lot of time.

So with that info out of the way;
  • If you've never played the game before, v0.27P, on Gamejolt , is by far the best version to play first.
    • This is because it's a polished version at about 90% the quality of what the full game will be like; all scenes are voice acted, it's a level you can play through from beginning to end without issue, all the maps are complete, lots of cutscenes and choices, and so on.
      • However, it doesn't have some of the mechanical improvements from later demos.
      • It also only contains one level (level 3, the Electric Level aka the Gratification Factory).
Once you've played v0.27P, the most up to date versions of other levels are;
  • Ice Level (level 2) - The recently released v0.47
  • Earth Level (level 4) - v0.46
  • The End (level 5, final level) v0.45a
  • Fire Level - No available version, as it was on an old engine; it'll be updated with v0.48 at September's end, though.
Each of the above four levels however has no voicework for the most part, no databanks, no cutscenes besides 1 or 2, no finalized text, missing assets/enemy attacks/functionality, and in general is far less polished than v0.27P.

This is because they're all intended as Patreon beta builds, and as such, we're posting them to get feedback to improve things while we finalize polish on the levels and other assets (like the True Final Boss fight) at the same time.

tl;dr;
- Get v0.27P for a polished, full experience that's the closest thing to what a single level from the retail game would be like (but even it isn't at 100% final quality)
- Get v0.47, v0.46, or v0.45a to experience 3 of the other 5 levels in the game, but they're much rougher and leaner content-wise than v0.27P is

Thanks buddy, I'll go with the 027P then, wish me luck...I suck balls with platformers. :D

Kraos

Jan 8, 2018
Just finished 0.27P and it was great. I usually hate these type of games because sometimes it seems the people who make them love the suffering of the players. This was refreshing, it wasn't hard but it also wasn't brain-dead easy. The one thing I wish was that the gallery had the bad endings and more builds were viable against the Boss. Took 4 attempts before I could beat him with ease.

Neverscored

Sep 23, 2017
Another pointless lore question. What are Faye's actual feelings on her frequent snafus? The latest demo Talia implies she is into it but the fire demo makes it pretty apparent she isn't a fan of being abused loved tenderly.

Last edited:

Ozmalayn

Jun 2, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The second phase looks a bit random, don't you think so? Some powerup that keeps you from backwards would help, because there's a safe zone where the boss stays. Anyway, I really like that you can jump over the ice attack right after jumping over the boss itself (but it's better to take a closer look at the cooldown), that the speed of this attack does not exceed the speed of the character, that you can dodge the pillars even when they almost touched each other, etc. Maybe, a powerup that reduces the time of animations during special attacks, would be good also (speaking about the light attack). By the way, in the fight with Vie at the fourth level, forced jumps are really unpleasant, as I suppose.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just finished 0.27P and it was great. I usually hate these type of games because sometimes it seems the people who make them love the suffering of the players. This was refreshing, it wasn't hard but it also wasn't brain-dead easy. The one thing I wish was that the gallery had the bad endings and more builds were viable against the Boss. Took 4 attempts before I could beat him with ease.
The powerups are pretty awful in that demo, so we'll be revamping them to have much more of an effect for the full game; the gallery will also have all the game over sequences and sex cutscenes in the full game too!

Glad you enjoyed it besides those problems :D

Another pointless lore question. What are Faye's actual feelings on her frequent snafus?
No lore question is ever pointless, I love answering them.

Most of the dialogue in the backer, non-public demos is fairly non-canon and is used more for meta stuff or in-jokes from things on the Discord, so you can mostly ignore all that stuff.

The ancient fire demo itself though, is also non-canon, because every single bit of it's getting scrapped besides the animations.

So for the record, Faye enjoys the sex, but is pissed off that she was careless enough/unskilled enough to get caught out by the enemies.
She's pretty textbook tsundere though, so she'll put up a strong front while Talia's around, but when she's not around, sometimes, extremely very rarely, she's got a slight soft side to her. Verrrry slight.

Also canonically, "luck" is a tangible thing across all the games set in the universe of games that Future Fragments, Magic Matchup, Artificial Apocalypse, Eroding Ego (games in italics are on the backburner until Future Fragments is done but have game design docs/stuff for them done) and any future games of mine take place in.

By the year 3000, they've been able to actually "track" luck and know who has it and who doesn't; Vie thus knows that Faye has unbelievably low amounts of luck, which is why she doesn't really bother trying to stop Faye from collecting the Fragments, since she knows she (should) fail at doing so repeatedly.
This awful amount of luck is also why, despite her being overwhelmingly powerful and combined with her arrogance/impulsiveness, she manages to get caught out by even the weakest enemies.

The second phase looks a bit random, don't you think so? Some powerup that keeps you from backwards would help, because there's a safe zone where the boss stays. Anyway, I really like that you can jump over the ice attack right after jumping over the boss itself (but it's better to take a closer look at the cooldown), that the speed of this attack does not exceed the speed of the character, that you can dodge the pillars even when they almost touched each other, etc. Maybe, a powerup that reduces the time of animations during special attacks, would be good also (speaking about the light attack). By the way, in the fight with Vie at the fourth level, forced jumps are really unpleasant, as I suppose.
The second phase is intended to be very random, but we're going to be adjusting it for the full game in that the pillars won't insta-kill you, but instead will form energy between them and it'll just damage you instead.

If you want to reduce the time spent on your charge attack abilities, do them in the air; you can move while still doing them, and upon hitting the ground, the animation is cancelled, so that's a bit of an advanced technique you can do to do a quick hop, throw out the attack, then land impeded.

Happy to hear you enjoyed the fight otherwise though!

The forced jumps are one of her "traps" that get set off by touching the button "mines" on the ground; if you avoid those, you should never have your controls altered at all. Good luck!

Ozmalayn

Jun 2, 2020
The forced jumps are one of her "traps" that get set off by touching the button "mines" on the ground; if you avoid those, you should never have your controls altered at all
Cool. I thought you must touch them to make her vulnerable. Although I can't say that I paid special attention to the fight with her. Anyway, thanks for answering.
P.S. Jumping advice really helps. Not sure it would be so in the WREN fight, but it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Cool. I thought you must touch them to make her vulnerable. Although I can't say that I paid special attention to the fight with her. Anyway, thanks for answering.
P.S. Jumping advice really helps. Not sure it would be so in the WREN fight, but it doesn't matter.
Oh no, she just becomes vulnerable after 3-4 attacks per cycle; i'll make that more obvious in the cutscene for the full game.
Glad the jumping charge attack thing helps for you!

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Probably been asked HentaiWriter but if I supported you once for 10$ on patreon (like 3 years ago), will I be getting the game on launch? I recall there was something like that back then hence why I did that

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Probably been asked HentaiWriter but if I supported you once for 10$ on patreon (like 3 years ago), will I be getting the game on launch? I recall there was something like that back then hence why I did that
Yep! The only thing we can't get you is a Steam key though because Steam forces us to only give keys to people who pledged retail amounts ($20 or above), but we'd definitely be able to get you a direct download or a key on other services for the $10 even without you having pledged again!

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
I really liked the laser puzzle. I think it's too difficult for a general progression requirement but the perfect amount of difficulty for some secret pathway to a bonus power-up or something.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Yep! The only thing we can't get you is a Steam key though because Steam forces us to only give keys to people who pledged retail amounts ($20 or above), but we'd definitely be able to get you a direct download or a key on other services for the $10 even without you having pledged again!
Ohh nice, then it's the same way then, but how it will be deployed, just through a patreon message?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The only thing we can't get you is a Steam key though because Steam forces us to only give keys to people who pledged retail amounts ($20 or above)
I may have to check the amount I pledged and consider upping that to a total of 20$. It'd be nice to have the game on Steam as well, I think. And you guys certainly deserve the support. Will I still get all the other keys and a direct download if I do that, or is it something that goes by requests?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Anyone know where the save file location is?
I'm guessing it's the %appdata%\Future_Fragments folder. Otherwise it may be somewhere in the register for all I know. First place to look for save files if it's not in the same directory as the game itself should always be the appdata folder.

Reactions: Raf-Raf

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I really liked the laser puzzle. I think it's too difficult for a general progression requirement but the perfect amount of difficulty for some secret pathway to a bonus power-up or something.
Weeeelll I got some bad news; there's gonna be 6 of those, 2 easy, 2 medium (the one in the demo was a medium) and 2 hard, and they'll all be progression-based, as in you have to beat them to beat the level.

The puzzle from the demo's been fixed though to be a bit easier to deal with, as well as fixing the problems people mentioned in the thread for the most part.

I may have to check the amount I pledged and consider upping that to a total of 20$. It'd be nice to have the game on Steam as well, I think. And you guys certainly deserve the support. Will I still get all the other keys and a direct download if I do that, or is it something that goes by requests?
We'd be happy to give you a direct download link along with the Steam key, yeah, but you'd need to ask so I don't flood people's emails :p I'll have a questionnaire though I'll send out to everyone asking them if they want a Steam key (if possible), a key on another site, a direct download, etc.

I'm guessing it's the %appdata%\Future_Fragments folder.
Yep, this is accurate!

Reactions: 156_163_146_167
3.70 star(s) 84 Votes