tartarian

Apr 6, 2018
Does Future Fragments at the final release have a hard mode?
Would be cool if it's unlockeble, gives the player exter motivation to beat the game!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Does Future Fragments at the final release have a hard mode?
Would be cool if it's unlockeble, gives the player exter motivation to beat the game!
It'll have some unlockable maps if you get enough achievements in a level; those maps will be standalone, very difficult, non-canon rooms.

As far as an actual difficulty setting, we likely won't do one, but I will say playing the game without powerups is effectively hard mode, and playing it with the "negative" powerups is "very hard mode", haha.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
HentaiWriter I see there is a Patreon post about the survey you've conducted earlier. I don't support any more, but I did fill in the survey because I did in the past. Kinda strange that the survey results should be behind a paywall since then former supporters can't see it. And unless there is NSFW material or the results are something entirely different than I think they are, what reason is there even to put it behind the paywall?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
HentaiWriter I see there is a Patreon post about the survey you've conducted earlier. I don't support any more, but I did fill in the survey because I did in the past. Kinda strange that the survey results should be behind a paywall since then former supporters can't see it. And unless there is NSFW material or the results are something entirely different than I think they are, what reason is there even to put it behind the paywall?
Like most stuff I post on Patreon, it's not anything I'm trying to intentionally hide, it's just Patreon rules that all posts have to be behind marked at the $1 level at least as they can't be public posts due to it being a NSFW Patreon account, regardless of any NSFW content in the post itself.

Per what I've been told by Patreon in the past (it may have changed, but I'm not about to risk it), to post public posts on a NSFW Patreon is against the rules, so it's not something I'd want to risk.

Here's what the post said though;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: No matter what I do, I can't keep it from generating two "spoiler" tags, so yeah, not sure what to do there.

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
Weeeelll I got some bad news; there's gonna be 6 of those, 2 easy, 2 medium (the one in the demo was a medium) and 2 hard, and they'll all be progression-based, as in you have to beat them to beat the level.

The puzzle from the demo's been fixed though to be a bit easier to deal with, as well as fixing the problems people mentioned in the thread for the most part.
Hey that works for me. I thought it was a bit too difficult coming "out of nowhere", but if you gradually step up the difficulty then that's perfect. Personally I love puzzles and that was a fun head-scratcher.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey that works for me. I thought it was a bit too difficult coming "out of nowhere", but if you gradually step up the difficulty then that's perfect. Personally I love puzzles and that was a fun head-scratcher.
Yeah, so in the full game, prior to even entering the Ice Level, there'll be a very simple puzzle with 2 ice crystals, a ring, and some reflective floor or wall.

You'll have to solve that to progress into the Ice Level, but that should teach people the fundamentals of it.

Additionally, the puzzle you played had the following fixes done to it;
  • One of the crystals removed
  • Initial crystal raised up on the right so that when it hits the crystal above it, you can clearly see what it's hitting and where the laser goes
  • Pathway to the previous map blocked off by a drop-through platform (hold down and press jump to get past it)
  • 2 crystals have thier "rotation amount" increased (less angles to sort through so you can find the correct angle easier)
  • Moving platforms changed to multiple static platforms so it's easier to navigate
  • Sound effects added to the lasers to make sounds when a crystal is activated or deactivated
So hopefully that all should help a lot with it!

temp25

Jan 30, 2018
Man I absolutely loved the demos for this, can't wait for the full release. Has a planned time of release been said or is the game still to early in development to be making guesses.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Man I absolutely loved the demos for this, can't wait for the full release. Has a planned time of release been said or is the game still to early in development to be making guesses.
There was a planned release window, but if memory serves that has been pushed back. There is some page with a write-up of the plans for this game somewhere. For now, this is what's on the Patreon page:
PROJECTED RELEASE DATE FOR FINAL GAME:
November 2020

Reactions: temp25

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
We're aiming for February 2021 at this point; we had it as Novmber 2020 but changed it for three reasons.

The first and by far biggest one is just outright too much stuff left to get done on our list that is taking longer than we thought; we also need time to have Steam check it over (2 weeks potentially) and a good month of bugtesting with how complex all the routes and choices and interactions are.

The second is that it's releasing on Cyber Monday on its current date, which means people would expect deals on it, which would be a bad idea for a game launching at full price.

The third is that Cyberpunk is coming out that same month, which will likely overshadow anything else coming out that month, so that's also a bad idea.

temp25

Jan 30, 2018
We're aiming for February 2021 at this point; we had it as Novmber 2020 but changed it for three reasons.

The first and by far biggest one is just outright too much stuff left to get done on our list that is taking longer than we thought; we also need time to have Steam check it over (2 weeks potentially) and a good month of bugtesting with how complex all the routes and choices and interactions are.

The second is that it's releasing on Cyber Monday on its current date, which means people would expect deals on it, which would be a bad idea for a game launching at full price.

The third is that Cyberpunk is coming out that same month, which will likely overshadow anything else coming out that month, so that's also a bad idea.
Wow didn't expect a reply from a game developer! thanks for the info. :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
New delay, anyone got the patreon post and willing to share?
Not really much to write home about in it (surprised at recent over the interest in the patreon posts, this is probably the most interest I've had in them in the entire time this topic's been up);

Reactions: 156_163_146_167
Oct 12, 2018
in germany we say "gut ding mag weile haben", which loosely translates to good things like to take their time. In other words

ILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK [3]

Reactions: alecton

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I appreciate that you share the post here. Thanks.
in germany we say "gut ding mag weile haben", which loosely translates to good things like to take their time. In other words
ILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK [3]
Thanks a lot :D
Also for anyone viewing the thread, I post CGs from the game and other stuff from the game from time to time there, too!

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes