Oct 12, 2018
Ahh finally the ice level rework, my favorite one. 14th decvember till i can read and see everything including the emperor?

ill be here
Ill wait

dont worry.

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
I was wondering if we could also play as the blue haired big tits girl......

The MCs are to small for me:cautious:....

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
On a side note it would be nice if HentaiWriter would make give a written changelog and make our lives easier View attachment 759178
If you mean a text changelog, here it is (although honestly this is only a mid-way demo, so tbh people playing this are probably better off playing the August 14th demo when it comes out);
  • New mechanics for the Ice Level added!
    • A snowball hazard that also serves as a platform has been added.
    • Additionally, a laser puzzle has been added.
    • Finally, a “Totem Archive Cannon” was added too.
    • Conversely, the “icicles breaking bridges” mechanic was removed.
  • General rework of the Ice Level!
    • New sound effects, replacing the old maps, fixed lighting, and a lot of other behind the scenes stuff.
    • The Elder Celodst and Shield Celodst got reworked a fair amount as well.
  • Yes, there’s sex stuff in here too!
    • Three new Game Over CGs were added.
    • There’s also something else special, if you can find it...
This demo is part 1 of what we had planned for the Ice Level.
So, to show off the full experience, we’ll be releasing ANOTHER demo on August 14th with much more content!
If you pledged on Patreon and got this demo, you’ll be getting that demo as well.

Also, if you haven’t heard the news, we’re on Steam now!

And as a reminder, we’ve got a public Discord server:
Please feel free to join it by typing into your browser.
Capitalization matters!

(Also, that’s a S like “Surfing” at the end, not a 5 like in “Five”.)

what should i download the new update or 0.27 who is better?
v027P is absolutely the first version you should play, over at , as it's the highest quality and most polished version of the game still.

Then, you can play the other demos with that demo's context in mind as to how high quality the full game will be.

Is this game an actual metroidvania? Or just a platformer with incredible puzzles?

Also, I wonder how long the game will be with all the parts connected... I love my metroidvanias. And the longer the better.
It's not a true metroidvania, as there is no "discover this upgrade and now you can super jump to this new area you couldn't before", but it definitely has metroidvania aspects.

I'd consider it a combination of an RPG, Metroidvania, Platformer, Run n' Gun, and Visual Novel.

Are there any more custom maps? I think the one we have in the OP is better than the actual game.
Jason Bill is the main person doing custom maps for now, but for the full game hopefully lots more people will do them; there is a good 5-10 custom maps over on the Discord too, but they aren't as fleshed out as Bill's are (not to say they're not worth checking out!)

Jason Bill's maps have also inspired our own maps a good deal; while I'll agree with you that he definitely has cool stuff in them, the reason we don't do our maps like his is because we need to account for a wide range of player skills (as in, people who aren't good at all to people who are amazingly skilled) and all the stuff that comes with that with map design, enemy difficulty, etc.

Bill's maps are kind of like what a "kaizo map" for Future Fragments would be, so if you're an experienced platform game player or want a significant challenge, his maps are definitely good for that (and we do plan to have Hard Mode challenge maps as an unlockable within the game), so if the regular game maps aren't challenging you, definitely check out his (or just check them out regardless!)

Ahh finally the ice level rework, my favorite one. 14th decvember till i can read and see everything including the emperor?
The only thing missing from the 14th demo will be story cutscenes, as those will still be kept out of demos until launch to keep the storyline hidden, etc.

I'm having trouble with the lasers. I can't get them to line up with all three of the door lock things at once...
For a hint, I'll say this; the top-most crystal in the center is one of the bait crystals that isn't needed in the actual solution. Don't blow time hitting it.
And if you want, here's the solution below, in a spoiler window;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was wondering if we could also play as the blue haired big tits girl......
The MCs are to small for me:cautious:....
Not sure if you mistyped the hair color here or not; the MC is the blue haired big tits girl :p
If you mean Faye, she'll be getting her own game (red haired woman) after we've finished with Future Fragments.
If you mean Vie, the white haired woman, unfortunately we have no game planned for her, because honestly she's too OP; any game with her would just be her instantly eradicating people, haha.

Honestly I found it funny. I hope they don't redraw it or something.
We likely won't, although we will likely be having her expression match the voiceacting once it's recorded for these scenes, so her facial expression might change a few times.

You can see a similar expression on her in the Electric Level's Security Bot Game Over CG, for example.

Loli Battle Machine

Dec 25, 2019
Is there a way you guys can make light beam puzzle less fun? You did a pretty good job so far by not giving the player a complete view of the puzzle — forcing you to jump up, down and run around to see where each beam is going, — having some pieces hittable only when you use the totally-fixed moving platforms, and put in only one way to solve it, but it's still not the least fun thing I've ever tried to do in a video game. It's only the second or third.

Reactions: TJ412
Oct 12, 2018
The only thing missing from the 14th demo will be story cutscenes, as those will still be kept out of demos until launch to keep the storyline hidden, etc.
Yeh ithought so. I ment my statement more as an "im not gonna move, and ill sit right here" kinda joke :p Hyped tho.

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
If you mean a text changelog, here it is (although honestly this is only a mid-way demo, so tbh people playing this are probably better off playing the August 14th demo when it comes out);
  • New mechanics for the Ice Level added!
    • A snowball hazard that also serves as a platform has been added.
    • Additionally, a laser puzzle has been added.
    • Finally, a “Totem Archive Cannon” was added too.
    • Conversely, the “icicles breaking bridges” mechanic was removed.
  • General rework of the Ice Level!
    • New sound effects, replacing the old maps, fixed lighting, and a lot of other behind the scenes stuff.
    • The Elder Celodst and Shield Celodst got reworked a fair amount as well.
  • Yes, there’s sex stuff in here too!
    • Three new Game Over CGs were added.
    • There’s also something else special, if you can find it...
This demo is part 1 of what we had planned for the Ice Level.
So, to show off the full experience, we’ll be releasing ANOTHER demo on August 14th with much more content!
If you pledged on Patreon and got this demo, you’ll be getting that demo as well.

Also, if you haven’t heard the news, we’re on Steam now!

And as a reminder, we’ve got a public Discord server:
Please feel free to join it by typing into your browser.
Capitalization matters!

(Also, that’s a S like “Surfing” at the end, not a 5 like in “Five”.)

v027P is absolutely the first version you should play, over at , as it's the highest quality and most polished version of the game still.

Then, you can play the other demos with that demo's context in mind as to how high quality the full game will be.

It's not a true metroidvania, as there is no "discover this upgrade and now you can super jump to this new area you couldn't before", but it definitely has metroidvania aspects.

I'd consider it a combination of an RPG, Metroidvania, Platformer, Run n' Gun, and Visual Novel.

Jason Bill is the main person doing custom maps for now, but for the full game hopefully lots more people will do them; there is a good 5-10 custom maps over on the Discord too, but they aren't as fleshed out as Bill's are (not to say they're not worth checking out!)

Jason Bill's maps have also inspired our own maps a good deal; while I'll agree with you that he definitely has cool stuff in them, the reason we don't do our maps like his is because we need to account for a wide range of player skills (as in, people who aren't good at all to people who are amazingly skilled) and all the stuff that comes with that with map design, enemy difficulty, etc.

Bill's maps are kind of like what a "kaizo map" for Future Fragments would be, so if you're an experienced platform game player or want a significant challenge, his maps are definitely good for that (and we do plan to have Hard Mode challenge maps as an unlockable within the game), so if the regular game maps aren't challenging you, definitely check out his (or just check them out regardless!)

For a hint, I'll say this; the top-most crystal in the center is one of the bait crystals that isn't needed in the actual solution. Don't blow time hitting it.
And if you want, here's the solution below, in a spoiler window;

Not sure if you mistyped the hair color here or not; the MC is the blue haired big tits girl :p
If you mean Faye, she'll be getting her own game (red haired woman) after we've finished with Future Fragments.
If you mean Vie, the white haired woman, unfortunately we have no game planned for her, because honestly she's too OP; any game with her would just be her instantly eradicating people, haha.

We likely won't, although we will likely be having her expression match the voiceacting once it's recorded for these scenes, so her facial expression might change a few times.

You can see a similar expression on her in the Electric Level's Security Bot Game Over CG, for example.
thanks man but i already typed it manually from the change log pic
1596602805892.png

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Good demo, I enjoyed the lazer puzzle. Thought it could be a little more complex, its just spam attack until it lines up right. More time consuming than challenging.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there a way you guys can make light beam puzzle less fun? You did a pretty good job so far by not giving the player a complete view of the puzzle — forcing you to jump up, down and run around to see where each beam is going, — having some pieces hittable only when you use the totally-fixed moving platforms, and put in only one way to solve it, but it's still not the least fun thing I've ever tried to do in a video game. It's only the second or third.
Outside of one beam, the rest should be visible while you're near it; there will be puzzles where all the crystals are on screen, too.

The only crystal that needs the moving platform to be hit was the bait one, which was my way of hinting that if it's that difficult to hit it, the puzzle probably doesn't need it; given the feedback from quite a few people though, that crystal's been removed as people were unintentionally completing the puzzle with it.

The puzzle actually has multiple ways to solve it as-is; within the current demo, there's three different ways. However, we do intend for puzzles to have one solution, as if there were a lot of solutions, people could just simply spin the crystals around until they landed on a solution, lighting them all up as they went.

Also remember, all Patreon demos are tech demos with unfinished assets/mechanics/etc. and are intended to get feedback from the backers on what we can fix, if something is too hard/too easy, before progressing too far into the mechanic or asset or etc. and it becoming a chore time-wise to fix things.

So everything in this demo is still malleable/temporary (this is also why we always suggest for people to play v0.27P first, and why the opening screens mention this too, because people will often assume the demos represent a rigid product that won't or can't change anything).

Most people though so far have reported enjoying the puzzle, both backers and non-backers who got it on places like F95 alike, so we'll likely only be fixing certain things (like removing the crystal up top as mentioned, as well as adding a platform above the pathway to the previous map so people don't fall down and reset the puzzle, etc.)

thanks man but i already typed it manually from the change log pic
View attachment 759821
Sorry man, next time I release a demo I'll post the changelog as text.

View attachment 759883
how am I supposed to get here without double jumping or freezing?
edit: nevermind,
This will be made more obvious in the next demos with an actual cutscene and screenshake :p

Good demo, I enjoyed the lazer puzzle. Thought it could be a little more complex, its just spam attack until it lines up right. More time consuming than challenging.
Yeah, the crystal at the very top and the one in the middle of the room were intended to be bait crystals that weren't going to allow you to beat the puzzle if people used them, but people found a way to use them anyways, so after this demo and the removal of the top one, the puzzle should be more "puzzle-like" in that you have to use the actual correct combination of crystals.

Jun 15, 2017
Honestly, I can see a casual game version of Future Fragments where Vie treats several specimens (captured) as toys, coupled with some fetishes sprinkled in. It's like what TriangulatePixels did in the discord server with the random grunt, except that we can freely choose a scene to our liking, and without the democratic votes.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Honestly, I can see a casual game version of Future Fragments where Vie treats several specimens (captured) as toys, coupled with some fetishes sprinkled in. It's like what TriangulatePixels did in the discord server with the random grunt, except that we can freely choose a scene to our liking, and without the democratic votes.
The other issue with doing a game like this with Vie is that if it happens pre-Future Fragments, she wouldn't be on the front lines (so no WORM to play with), and post-Future Fragments, well...

Ozmalayn

Jun 2, 2020
Have listened the "Humanity's future" for the first time. In terms of feelings, pathos and beauty, it somehow felt like "Do you guys have Danny Elfman on the team?".

although we will likely be having her expression match the voiceacting once it's recorded for these scenes, so her facial expression might change a few times
Yes, it was about her funny expression without signatures, voice acting and frame changes at the current demo.

Jun 15, 2017
The other issue with doing a game like this with Vie is that... and post-Future Fragments, well...
She seems to be the type of woman who gets bored pretty quickly when she has nothing going on in her to-do list.

I'm curious. Could you post that here?
These pics are gonna flood the page, so I might as well post the links.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
That lazer puzzle was a pain in the ass. Not only because of its complexity, but also how tedious it is. Like others mentioned, not being able to see the entirety of it on one screen, and having to platform around just to be able to hit some of them, having to spam the attack to rotate them, yeah I never want to have to do something like that. Even more infuriating is that it's reset if you transition from the level, which is easy to do by accident.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
How much sex is there if you dont intentional lose at every enemy ?
Animation-wise, probably 40% of the sex animation frames in the game are from exploring the level and finding neutral sex scenes or winning/beating puzzles etc.

You also unlock sex scenes in general for the gallery if you accomplish skill and exploration based achievements (no grinding needed or fetch quests)

She seems to be the type of woman who gets bored pretty quickly when she has nothing going on in her to-do list.
Oh she had lots to do, just not on the front lines was all :p

That lazer puzzle was a pain in the ass. Not only because of its complexity, but also how tedious it is. Like others mentioned, not being able to see the entirety of it on one screen, and having to platform around just to be able to hit some of them, having to spam the attack to rotate them, yeah I never want to have to do something like that. Even more infuriating is that it's reset if you transition from the level, which is easy to do by accident.
Some of the things we'll be fixing or have already fixed are;

Removing the top crystal that needed a moving platform to reach it with your shots.

Adding a floating platform so you can't fall out of the map accidentally.

We also have sound effects that weren't in on this build yet that will play when a laser is activated, so that should let you know better if the laser connected or not.

We'll likely increase the degrees a crystal rotates too per hit, also.

For not being able to see the laser on screen though, there is only one laser you can't see on screen easily and it's the upper right one; the rest are visible simultaneously on screen, as shown in the spoiler image I posted on the last page.

We might be able to add in something like lasers showing on the minimap, though, so I'll ask Frouge about that.

Have listened the "Humanity's future" for the first time. In terms of feelings, pathos and beauty, it somehow felt like "Do you guys have Danny Elfman on the team?".
Going to assume that's a compliment :p

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ412 and anime66
3.70 star(s) 84 Votes