3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
A little update on the ship thing:

I can't find the solution for the ship problem, though I was able to replicate the problem. I've compared the code for the map files that manage ship upgrades in RPGMaker and the only thing I did was change the names of the ships from Japanese. I've even started a clean/new save and used the original Japanese commonevents file, and the bug persists.

However, I did manage to narrow it down - looks like the problem is the Caraval ship. If you upgrade that particular ship for either upgrade, it'll permanently prevent you from upgrading any future ship with the upgrade you selected for the Caraval. On the bright side, it's ONLY limited to the Caraval, so if you upgrade any other ship with either upgrade, you won't encounter this problem.

My advice is to avoid upgrading the Caraval at all and move on to a better ship. I'll continue to check the variables in the game files as I'm seeing a complicated mess here and it's gonna take some digging before I can figure out what's going on.

Reactions: zeusdia

longbong007

Jul 8, 2017
Nah, I didn't take it as such. I'm not against that stuff nor people who translate or share stuff like that. I just wanted to be as careful as possible. Those fetishes just aren't my thing and this game just so happens to have some, so I need to translate around it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Did you buy all of his items? He'll stop appearing after you buy everything from him. If not, he's a random encounter at villages and towns, so I'd keep trying.
So, I have seen Gradd threanten Gina; smacking Sera and Sera joined me; Marius appeared in the tavern as well but after that, I battled him 4 times but still can't recruit him. I even captured Rodeon...

longbong007

Jul 8, 2017
Having some trouble recruiting Bacchus, I have seen the event in the bottom left town where they talk about Saladin, and the event in top right town where they talk with the other pirate gang. But Bacchus still refuses to join.
I followed the instructions on this one and I think it does works. At Eastern Tavern and Rodeon Tavern, keep spamming mostly Order drink and Hard Party, they will show up totally 3 times where they will have a drink contest with Becky if I remember correctly. At the final meeting times in Rodeon tavern, Bacchus will show up and take on the contest and mention that he will serve under protagonist's ship if he win him on the naval battle => head to the sea and battle him => can recruit him after that.

Strowy

Sep 30, 2019
So, I have seen Gradd threanten Gina; smacking Sera and Sera joined me; Marius appeared in the tavern as well but after that, I battled him 4 times but still can't recruit him. I even captured Rodeon...
There's another scene you have to get. Gradd is making Gina run an opium den, and Marius busts this, but can't do anything to Gradd about it. At the end of this scene Bevecchio comments about how you'd probably be able to recruit Marius now.

NOTE: You can't obtain Minerva unless both she and Marius survive the battle, and you recruit Marius (she auto-joins in that case).

Reactions: longbong007

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
I'm curious on what you've done, since I've tried playing a brand new game after finishing the original and it just starts over, with all my progress reverted to a blank slate
If you load end game save it gives you a choice
1) new game+
2) play after the ending fighting secret enemies
3) go back to title
Not sure if secret enemies are winable without cheats, but their skill and stats are very op
-hit all 2x and paralize for 2 turn with 5 turn CD
-bombard all 4x all 3 turn CD

Last edited:

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I think there's more than enough to woo all the girls, but I admit I cheated and used a save editor (I was more interested in translating than becoming a complete master of the game, lol). I think 2-3 items are enough to win their affections anyway.
There is plenty of weapons but characters can have only one weapon/book at the time. Other than them there is only four items to give (Can, Comb, Necklace, Bear). According to my few tests Lugia and Emilio need a two normal items and weapon, and Naonao needs one item. Becki needs only weapon or nothing.
Walkthrough says something about girls liking certain items more and three items sold by rare merchant are bugged at the moment, so I think is possible but got bored with testing.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
If you load end game save it gives you a choice
1) new game+
2) play after the ending fighting secret enemies
3) go back to title
LOL, you're right. Nice nice. I never played the game again after beating the second ending, so that's cool.

Also, I think I'll just make a new patch since it'll take me longer to fix the Caravel ship upgrade problem. But the rare merchant glitch is fixed, and I'll take everyone's advice and use 7Zip to zip the files, which MAY solve the problem of some folks having the audio/graphic problems that are caused by not having their game in Japanese locale (IMHO, it's really not a big problem, and again, most folks from ULMF who play JRPGs on a regular are used to doing that, but whatever).

Walkthrough says something about girls liking certain items more and three items sold by rare merchant are bugged at the moment, so I think is possible but got bored with testing.
Damn, just a moment too late; I was doing testing and ensuring the fix worked. Sorry, here's the rare merchant fix.

hamuncd

Jun 11, 2018
For the loli stuff, I think it was something along the lines of: If they show some semblance of having breasts they are A-OK

Yeah, once I realized that, I just didn't care and save edited the items in :p Helped make them none unique too, I think. Didn't play long enough to know.
how do you edit in unique items? when i try it theyre still locked away

Apr 16, 2020
Failed to Load: audio/se/00%E6%B1%BA%E5%AE%9A%E9%9F%B3.ogg
sometimes the face/images
failed to----
-
dem and i thought this was a fun to play game
-
its complete too.....
and has rape

Reactions: uXpected0607

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
After playing the game for an hour or so, I feel like the game tries too hard to stretch out its play time.
Like the first thing I noticed is that you can't choose what loot to take and you have very, very limited cargo space. You either go all the way back to port, click through three windows, exit three windows, kill a ship or two, and do it all over again, or you just stare at your shit ton of grain and cry about the potentially lucrative loot that might be dropping right now. The second thing I noticed is how little you can spend your money on. You can buy ships, ship upgrades, treasure, rarer treasure, and play gacha for tavern events. For all that grind, you only have a handful of things you can afford/do. And the crewmen I collect, I get that it would be too OP if I could take them all with me, but why the fuck can't I just set up a B team and have them passively farm money for me? What are their lazy asses doing?
Like if you're going to force me to collect ships and people, at least let me use them. Also, the whole "you need to give a specific girl a specific gift" aspect of CG collection's also a bit scummy. You either play treasure bingo with yourself and figure out what's safe to give away or you go in blind, fuck it up, and play treasure bingo anyways in NG+.

Last edited:

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
how do you edit in unique items? when i try it theyre still locked away
lol, they are under the equipment section, rather than item one. -- This got me at first too :b
IIRC saveeditonline editing for equipment wasn't all that good, when concerning MV, so you'll have to use the rpgmaker save editor. (Should be findable here - as in this site, not thread).

Though, I'm not sure how well it works. Like, they shows up and you can gift them, along with a response, and it being equipped (for the most part), but *shrug* don't know if there are any switches/checks for if the item was used or not. Don't think so, because I gifted the trojan horse to someone, then bought a new one, before that sparta-ish guy.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you're going to use this, remember that the first 'armor' given is locked, so give something with stat increases (like the Genji armor), before giving the fluff stuff, like the Jade necklace.

Last edited:

Panther H

Jan 1, 2019
any tips on sunking red dragon ship? tried to recruit all of em, it's hard af.
I got that piece of shit of a ship to 1 hp (maybe it's scripted) and then the giant guy fucking full heals the damn thing. Somehow won that though.

cennet123

Aug 7, 2017
Anyone with a full gallery save?I didn't get some scenes and after I won everything I didn't stop and tried the epilogue(has some other pirates, not gonna spoil) so I kinda cheated a little bit to get stronger and defeat them faster (which worked, they even have dialogue so they're def. not programmed to win) but now I can't save and it just does the "error" sound or something... Anything???? I'd like to explore one or two things to get one more scene but I can't save anymore

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone with a full gallery save?I didn't get some scenes and after I won everything I didn't stop and tried the epilogue(has some other pirates, not gonna spoil) so I kinda cheated a little bit to get stronger and defeat them faster (which worked, they even have dialogue so they're def. not programmed to win) but now I can't save and it just does the "error" sound or something... Anything???? I'd like to explore one or two things to get one more scene but I can't save anymore
Bro, it's already been posted. Please use the "Search Thread" function or manually look through the 8 pages. Every time someone asks for a save after it's been posted, the posted save gets harder to find.

Reactions: Yamemai

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
full save from ulmf

53iky0

Jul 5, 2017
Bug Detected.

In Hideout, Lucia stats are unawakened Lucia. Also I gift her item.

1601912349132.png

And this what happen on status windows when on map. Stats is good after awakened. But item is gone.
1601912519352.png

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes