Helldriver

Oct 8, 2017
WIth how the mother is and the sisters are, I hope the sister remains sexually oblivious and the mother doesn't want to do anything sexual but has to

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Is the patch not working or is being adopted and his "sisters" are just friends the real story?
The patch isn't designed very well. It won't work unless you start the game from the very beginning after patching it. I think that saves made while playing the IC version of the game also won't work for an unpatched game in the future.
The other option besides starting a new game after patching is to use dev console and jump to a label in the IC script version of the game that is closest to your position in the non-IC version of the script.

I made a "helper patch" to be added to the already patched game that will address this issue:

Python:
# Since in the Gates Motel game IC scripts are completely separate from the original script files
# and all labels in them are copies of the original labels with an 'a' as a prefix added to them
# and the IC version of the scripts will only run if you start the game from the beginning,
# none of the save files created by the non-patched game will be able to continue with the IC
# version of the game mid-game.
#
# To overcome this limitation I created this additional patch to be added to the original IC patch.
# It will try to find all labels in the script files of the IC patch and remap all the original non-IC
# labels to these found labels.
# Now, in case you load a savegame created by the unpatched non-IC game, the game will jump to the
# IC version of the script at the first "jump" statement it encounters. It won't still be perfect,
# because the game will continue with the original non-IC script until then, but at least you will
# be able to use your old saves.
#
# None of the saves created by the patched game will not work with the unpatched game whether you use my
# helper patch or not. To make IC saves work with non-IC game you would need a similar patch that does
# the same kind of remapping, only reversed.

# trying to remap all labels to corresponding labels in the ic patch scripts
init 100 python:
    listfiles = os.listdir('game/patch/')

for filename in listfiles:
        if renpy.re.search("^ascript\w+\.rpy$", filename):
            scriptfile = open(r"game/patch/%s" % filename, "r")
            for line in scriptfile:
                if line.startswith("label"):
                    found = renpy.re.search("^label\s+a([^:\s]+):", line)
                    if found:
                        purelabel = found.group(1)
                        iclabel = "a" + purelabel
                        config.label_overrides.update({purelabel: iclabel})
            scriptfile.close()
Attention: This is NOT the incest patch. This is a patch for the incest patch. A patch of a patch. It's completely useless without the original incest patch.

After you have patched the game with the original incest patch, extract this "helper patch" into the root folder of the game - the main folder where game launchers GatesMotel.exe and GatesMotel.sh are. Or copy the 'game' folder from inside this zip and paste it into the root folder of the game. Either will do.

After you reload the game, your old saves should now continue with the non-incest game from where they left off, but will soon (at the first jump statement) continue with the incest version of the game and never come back to the non-incest version.

Warning: Saves of the incest version of the game will not work with unpatched game. Not because of this helper patch, but by its original design. The problem could be addressed in a similar way my patch does, only in reverse. The whole process both ways could also be automated, but as a complete Python n00B, I just don't have time nor will to create such a patch at this time. I barely managed to make this one. :rolleyes: Learned some useful stuff in the process though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krynh

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Gates Motel [v0.5] [P_S_Y_C_H_O] (502 MB)
115 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Better enjoy Alex as she is (or don't) because that is very unlikely. That would require a lot of extra work between new renders and re-writting story.

Reactions: alsostarving

Mini

Jun 24, 2017
I also tried to be as gentle as possible with the hobo girl, but even like that isn't the MC completely taking advantage of her or is it only me ? Like, only seeing her to do naughty stuff but lettiing her sleep in the wilderness... Not presenting her the the rest of the family even though it's apparent she was help captive for freaking YEARS... I hope her route is going to get an overhaul in a more "gentle" direction, but again it may very well be only me...

dannyslaps

Jun 17, 2017
so I'm trying to delete this game from my computer and it keeps saying i need permission to make changes to the folder rendering me incapable of removing this game from my PC. anyone able to help?

Edit: I figured it out. The exe was forcing windows explorer to keep it open in my processes. I forced ended windows explorer through resmon

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
so I'm trying to delete this game from my computer and it keeps saying i need permission to make changes to the folder rendering me incapable of removing this game from my PC. anyone able to help?
Try closing the program first, make sure you dont have a file explorer window open to that directory (ie. opened in that directory in another window). If on Windows - Right Click - go to properties, got to security, click on advanced, near the top, take ownership with your user account and then apply to all sub-directories. Then Delete. On linux/MAC - open a command prompt and "sudo rm -RF /path/to/directory" and type your password and gone.

dannyslaps

Jun 17, 2017
Try closing the program first, make sure you dont have a file explorer window open to that directory (ie. opened in that directory in another window). If on Windows - Right Click - go to properties, got to security, click on advanced, near the top, take ownership with your user account and then apply to all sub-directories. Then Delete. On linux/MAC - open a command prompt and "sudo rm -RF /path/to/directory" and type your password and gone.
I edited my post right before you replied. Thanks though!

Reactions: mordred93

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I also tried to be as gentle as possible with the hobo girl, but even like that isn't the MC completely taking advantage of her or is it only me ? Like, only seeing her to do naughty stuff but lettiing her sleep in the wilderness... Not presenting her the the rest of the family even though it's apparent she was help captive for freaking YEARS... I hope her route is going to get an overhaul in a more "gentle" direction, but again it may very well be only me...
Well, you have to account for the fact he met Mogli Gal about two days ago ingame and is still getting her confidence. He brings a stranger in, she might as well bolt and disappear.

In fact, that she's not scared or skittish in the least with either Norman or the quasi-sexual stuff seen like pretty good indicators whoever chained her did nothing of the sort and was possibly a woman. So bringing any of the ladies into this could turn in trouble.

Not that i think Norman guessed such things yet, but i could ser things complicating even without him potentially hiding and exploiting her.

I could be wrong, but i got this hunch about the girl's behaviour, some things don't add up, there are important details mising about her story. Have to replay when i get my computer back.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Protagonist lives with a very strange mother so it is no wonder his moral compass is also strange. No wonder the game name call to the mind the Psycho prequel series. :unsure: :whistle:

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 92 Votes