makmaru619

May 25, 2019
shouldn't the game be marked [Onhold] instead of [Abandoned] so people can stop making false assumptions
Agreed, You cant get angry at someone for jumping to conclusions when a mod to puts in time and effort and then decides to mark it abandoned.
On a side note , hope the dev and overcome their personal issues in one peice.

Mr.E

Feb 20, 2018
Too bad for the entire situation. I felt the game had alot of potential. Hope he can get things together and finish.

Reactions: JJASit

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Since this is based on Psycho i assume there are some killings in the story, yes?
It wasn't supposed to be extremely violent (to the point of murderous) from what I gathered, but the MC was supposed to be sort of mentally impacted from being raised in a religious, isolated household and exhibit antisocial behaviors as a result, similar to Norman Bates, and his real world inspiration, Ed Gein. I think the dev stepped away from that vision due to "feedback" about the MC being weird, which I gathered was supposed to be the point...

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Games are automatically marked as abandoned by the F95 mods after 3 months with no updates. That doesn't specifically mean that the dev has abandoned it - in this particular case, PSYCHO is just busy, plus Covid threw everybody's finances for a loop.
If the dev would publicly say that they will be working on it again in the future, [abandoned] could be replaced by [onhold]. ;)

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
If the dev would publicly say that they will be working on it again in the future, [abandoned] could be replaced by [onhold]. ;)
I think when it is an automatic function then I would prefer a different time frame / method :

SUGGESTION :
After 4 months unfinished without any update -> [abandoned]
[abandoned] can be one time manually set [onhold (until date)] for a timeframe not longer than 12months by a mod when there is a reaction to an automatic mail with information how long it will be onhold. When that timeframe is expired -> [abandoned]
And an additional function would be nice - that a dev can only have one game in development or onhold. Like a hint - concentrate on one game and finish it and don't start a new one until the first is finished.

There are enough dev that make a game alone as a hobby and 3months could be to pressed for time and there are enough situations in life where you have to push a hobby in the background for a longer time than 3 months. For example an accident like breaking your arm.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 92 Votes