trdx

Aug 10, 2018
He will be back. By the way, the last payment was 1st March. He disabled billing after that and I'm not sure if he actually announced that at all. In 2021 he only charged once, so I don't want to hear any "milking" nonsense.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
He will be back. By the way, the last payment was 1st March. He disabled billing after that and I'm not sure if he actually announced that at all. In 2021 he only charged once, so I don't want to hear any "milking" nonsense.
Are you sure? When was his last communication?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, for one, the dev hasn't posted anything on Patreon since February. Plus, his Patreon is still active. So, he's making money right now. So, saying he's disabled billing is wrong. But, patrons started dropping off at the beginning of May.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Plus, his Patreon is still active. So, he's making money right now. So, saying he's disabled billing is wrong.
The account being active do not mean that he earn money. He can perfectly, and have accordingly to trdx , froze the pledges. His patrons still have access to the content behind the paywall, but Patreon do not take their money ; and therefore the author do not earn a single cent.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The account being active do not mean that he earn money. He can perfectly, and have accordingly to trdx , froze the pledges. His patrons still have access to the content behind the paywall, but Patreon do not take their money ; and therefore the author do not earn a single cent.
Says he's still earning. Doesn't matter. I'm not saying he's milking. Milking is what Gumdrop is doing and this dev is not doing that.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Are you sure? When was his last communication?
His last communication was long time ago, just as it says in the thread. I am of course not sure, but knowing what he had been saying in the past and the fact that he is very meticulous with pausing billing makes me believe he will be back at some point. Money is not the main reason why he is doing this game. I hope he is fine.

Says he's still earning. Doesn't matter. I'm not saying he's milking. Milking is what Gumdrop is doing and this dev is not doing that.
Earning what? How do you define earning?

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Through bank transactions ? Patreon has multiple payout methods, there is even an automatic transfer option :)
Sure. But the creator still needs to have billing activated. Otherwise patreon will not take anything from your account. And if no money is leaving your bank account, then creator can't get any money either.

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
He will be back
How the hell do you know that, do you have inside Whistleblower? the fact of the matter is that for a year now dev has not post anything here or on Discord or Subscribestar. Enough with these dubious promises, as long as the dev does not tweet anything I will not believe anything else

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
How the hell do you know that, do you have inside Whistleblower? the fact of the matter is that for a year now dev has not post anything here or on Discord or Subscribestar. Enough with these dubious promises, as long as the dev does not tweet anything I will not believe anything else
It's been less than a year actually. There is nothing wrong with hope. It costs nothing and doesn't effect anyone but the ones hoping.

4.40 star(s) 92 Votes