P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
i dont have anything new to say about the dreams discussion (except that it feels like half the game so far are dreams :D) but my other gripe is all the MC narration and inner monologues. the car ride was not only boring but even got annoying. i want to get introduced and know about characters by talking TO THEM, not some guy blabbing for 10 minutes, describing everything. of course you cant really tell more personal details by dialogue because it will sound awkward but the narration needs toning down.
I think it doesn't need to be toned down and it won't be.

May 26, 2018
I want so badly to like this game. I enjoy the story quite a bit, but...

Well, I just can't see anything. I've played with my brightness and contrast and for the life of me I just can't see ANYTHING. It's a black screen, with a few greyish or brown splotches, and clear text at the bottom. Even once I know what's happening based on context, no matter how hard I stare at the screen I can't even vaguely see what I KNOW I'm supposed to be looking at.

The only other time I ever had this problem was in that one episode during the last season of Game of Thrones.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
I want so badly to like this game. I enjoy the story quite a bit, but...

Well, I just can't see anything. I've played with my brightness and contrast and for the life of me I just can't see ANYTHING. It's a black screen, with a few greyish or brown splotches, and clear text at the bottom. Even once I know what's happening based on context, no matter how hard I stare at the screen I can't even vaguely see what I KNOW I'm supposed to be looking at.

The only other time I ever had this problem was in that one episode during the last season of Game of Thrones.
As you mentioned, it's not only this game too dark for you on your monitor.
I wonder, how those people - who say that it's too dark for them - watch movies.

May 26, 2018
I wonder, how those people - who say that it's too dark for them - watch movies.
Okay, but the episode of Game of Thrones that I mention was called "The Longest Night" or something like that and it was widely and publicly criticized for being made too dark. This is not an issue I have when watching movies. I could watch any dark vampire movie or anything else and have no problem seeing. This is not like that. It's way, way too dark.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I've got to disagree with you there. Even at my screen's brightest setting, these renders are dark. I need to adjust the gamma if I really want to see what's going on, and that screws up all my other windows, so I'm always having to adjust the gamma up and down, which is not exactly user-friendly.

Which monitor are you using, and how have you calibrated it?

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Okay, but the episode of Game of Thrones that I mention was called "The Longest Night" or something like that and it was widely and publicly criticized for being made too dark. This is not an issue I have when watching movies. I could watch any dark vampire movie or anything else and have no problem seeing. This is not like that. It's way, way too dark.
Is it arrival part only or you consider all renders too dark?

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
IMHO all the night and indoor scenes could do with more light.

In real life, eyes adjust to various light levels. Most monitors don't. Maybe you have automatic brightness adjust or something that's throwing your settings off. Might be a good idea to play this on someone else's computer and see for yourself.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
I've got to disagree with you there. Even at my screen's brightest setting, these renders are dark. I need to adjust the gamma if I really want to see what's going on, and that screws up all my other windows, so I'm always having to adjust the gamma up and down, which is not exactly user-friendly.

Which monitor are you using, and how have you calibrated it?

Recently I had to make Android version, so i tried it on my phone. It looks exactly as it is on my monitor. And I can see everything. Gadgets are not so differ as monitors with their gpus settings. They are more or less the same in showing images, gamma/contrast/whatever related, by default, I think.

May 26, 2018
Well, when I finally gave up was when I was talking to savage and then he was like "woah, what are you doing?" and I was like, yeah? what IS she doing? and then it took a few more lines of text before I figure out she was apparently taking a piss, lol. To be clear, I still couldn't tell that I was supposed to be able to see a girl at all. I couldn't see anything.

Before that, when talking to alex, there's a long close-up scene of her face. I see it as a black sillouette against a very dark blue sky.

The scenes with the mother I couldn't see any details, but her dress was pink enough that it often gave me a general idea of what was going on.

The only scenes that have been truly visible were the scenes in the car while he was dreaming of sitting in the front, and any scenes with particularly bright lighting.

Honestly, i'd love to know why you CAN see it. I have a pretty decent monitor, but I've been thinking about getting a 4k monitor and one thing I do always worry about is poor contrast in dark scenes. I've mainly avoided that with my current 144hz 1440p monitor.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Well, when I finally gave up was when I was talking to savage and then he was like "woah, what are you doing?" and I was like, yeah? what IS she doing? and then it took a few more lines of text before I figure out she was apparently taking a piss, lol. To be clear, I still couldn't tell that I was supposed to be able to see a girl at all. I couldn't see anything.

Before that, when talking to alex, there's a long close-up scene of her face. I see it as a black sillouette against a very dark blue sky.

The scenes with the mother I couldn't see any details, but her dress was pink enough that it often gave me a general idea of what was going on.

The only scenes that have been truly visible were the scenes in the car while he was dreaming of sitting in the front, and any scenes with particularly bright lighting.

Honestly, i'd love to know why you CAN see it. I have a pretty decent monitor, but I've been thinking about getting a 4k monitor and one thing I do always worry about is poor contrast in dark scenes. I've mainly avoided that with my current 144hz 1440p monitor.
Could you please try android version

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It's a 'waste' for you the same way, as if it was about avoidable shemale content, if you're not into it. I'm gonna make a lot of stuff that some people will have to avoid or skip. All this shit will be a waste of time and work for them. You can't please everyone at the same time, because people are different.
That is very true and you should keep going the way you want. The general way you want the game to go should be the way to go, if you listen to everyone then you will end up with a vanilla VN.

Though I am not sure you will find many people with "dream" fetish. With shemale etc, you will find people who love it and people who hate it. Dreams seem kind of a lukeward thing for people who do not mind it and a waste for people who want the story to go on. If it bothers many people yet pleases almost noone, then it is meaningless in my eyes. I cannot judge if dreams fall into this category, as I have very few data to support it. From the very small statistical group here, the judgment would be against dreams.

If you feel the dream sequences are important, then who am I to muddle in your business. The vision you want the game to go in is the most important. But if it was overall something you thought people might appreciate, but was not set on, then I feel the feedback is important. If pretty much nobody wants it, then why have it. Personally a poll for patrons might be something that would give some good data. This is considering if you want many more large dream sequences in the coming updates.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
This makes me a sad panda. Femdom Norma is the best thing about the game! Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to see much more of her, sooo hot.
I can see her as a loving person. Femdom stuff feels silly with her. I may reconsider this shit later when she will be more slutty or whatever can make her crazy femdom mother

Reactions: gbrusky and fanboi

Dudeiam59

Jan 4, 2018
Sure it might fit into the world, does not really account for any of the drawbacks I mentioned. Reusing renders might be the only thing, but that seems like stretching for positives. As for mc being mentally unstable, hallucinations do the work well. The dream sequence just felt very long and took a big part of the update. Ofc it is devs game and if he wants, he can make 100% of the game dream sequence.

Just stating I personally feel it is a waste of time and work. Considering quite a lot of people liked the comment, it seems I am not alone. It is feedback that dev might consider and dismiss at his will. You may think of it as general discussion, but it seems quite valid to me.
Will be trying the game this afternoon, but from reading that he is on the edge of phyco, he might want to reenact his dreams into reality, in which case the the dream renders could come in handy with just a little adjustment. No dream or fantasy can be perfectly duplicated from the mind. Heck, the imperfections of them could even send him deeper.

Will check back after I play it.

May 26, 2018
Okay. So. What kind of monitor do I have to get to make it look like it does on my phone? lol.

I feel like maybe the one I have could do it if I had the right graphics profile or monitor calibration or something.

• Haha
Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O
May 26, 2018
Well this whole discussion inspired me to go through the process of finding my password for my nvidia account to I could update my profiles and drivers and whatnot...

While I don't love how washed out windows looks in general, I CAN see the game just fine now. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O
Jan 15, 2019
Dream sequence means the dev is out of ideas or is milking the game
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. This wasn't just dropped in at the last second. You can tell, this was put in there to give you more of a look into Norman's fucked up fantasies. This boy is about as sick as they come and believe me, we have some pretty fucked up dreams.

Oops I didn't mean "we" what I meant to say was "people like him, that definitely doesn't include me."

Anyway this Dev is far from out of ideas. I'm pretty sure he's just getting started.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Love the Lolita reference the MC's twin sister is reading written in Russian. Was the author thinking of adding another kink? We will never know. ;)

All joking aside, only have gone through the drive to the motel so far, this is growing into a great game. No stereotypical beautiful, overly large breasts, cute, sultry mini skirts and dresses, etc. Looks like what an average family that fits their past narrated by the MC.

Definitely on my radar.

4.40 star(s) 92 Votes