ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
so these are one-note characters and nothing more.
thats a shame cause i really like the design and style for the girl on the left. its all lookin great though so far imo.

as for the buttons you said they 'may' serve a function in the future, not sure if you mean that like theyll serve a purpose but youll reveal it at a later time or if you mean it as you arent sure what to do with them other then usin as a way to track whose in your party but a couple ideas of what they could be used for would be is as a quick select to check info and stats with that character or as a quick select chat menu to talk to them(maybe as a way to boost your bond with them a lil)

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87
Jan 1, 2018
I'm sorry to ask this again if you've already said it somewhere and I've simply missed it, but what is the current plan for updates? Are you favoring one path or the other, or a more balanced approach?

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
thats a shame cause i really like the design and style for the girl on the left
Considering they may be plot devices later on if needed, that means they can have VERY small sex scenes. Think of the OCs. The point is that the characters won't have the same focus as the gems or even the canon townies will have. But if they fit somewhere, they will have some dialogue, a personality, and something small, and we already know what that (or rather those) small things are.
or if you mean it as you arent sure what to do with them other then usin as a way to track whose in your party
This, pretty much. We don't want to power creep the game or make it redundant. It also has to do with how the party system work. It's more of an availability deal than the people in your party following you around (that would make getting certain sex scenes complicated if you have people with you, lol). So basically, I thought about the following:
  • Check the stats (Basically a shortcut for the contact screen)
  • Bring their menu (Wouldn't make sense if they are not with you)
  • Ask them over phone to leave the party (This is most likely it)
We want something to be relevant to the gameplay, though. We can implement anything to it, but nothing too complex to chance the whole gameplay it too useless or redundant (Like the shortcut).

Reactions: ReaCreations

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
I'm sorry to ask this again if you've already said it somewhere and I've simply missed it, but what is the current plan for updates? Are you favoring one path or the other, or a more balanced approach?
A balanced approach. Even though the paths are divided from the very beginning, we will develop them back to back. The biggest impact this choice will have, outside of dialogue, of course, will be some variations to the scenes exclusive to either corruption or redemption, and, very later on, it will change the Steven Universe Future scenario.

Reactions: ReaCreations

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
A game where Steven just straight up shuts Lars down. I wish Steven would stop outing himself as a time traveler all the time.

There's one part where Steven, while calling Lars out and asking if he's going to make a move on Sadie. Stu-ball asks if he's gay, to which lars says "that's transphobic". Did you mean homophobic?

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Hey everyone! As you can see, the bar has not "progressed" this week, but that's for a couple of reasons.
progress.png
First of all, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, the bar is thought for what is needed for the content necessary for the build to be released, i.e. the bare minimum of what we originally planned. However, as development goes on, we keep slightly changing the ideas or we just want to add extra things, so we work on those briefly, but our focus is still the main content of course. Furthermore, as I also mentioned, I only check the scenes in the card when they are finished, but we are working on a couple of scenes that are not completed yet, so even though there's progress on those, they are not marked there.

That being said, all gems have now 1 scene complete, including Connie, with the exception of Garnet.

Let's talk about sound design! This is something very interesting, or at least I think so. I mostly want to hear your opinions on how the menus and stuff sounds implemented to the game (Excuse my horrible framerate, please).

This one is with music off, so you hear the sound effects only:

And this one here is with the music on. So far we only have the main menu theme music. Hope you like it:

It isn't complete, though, find out the rest in-game! And as always, thanks to Spread to collaborate with us!

Lastly, another background townie was completed too:

unknown.png

Beach city seems to be a place that attracts all kinds of people, it's a touristic city, after all, or so Mayor Dewey says, it attracts the chilliest people if you know what I mean. A very interesting fact about Steven Universe: In this world, Kansas is the movie hub cities, because, in this world, Walt Disney never moved to California. Likewise, in this world, we assume weed is legal.

Well, that's all for now! We are always happy to hear about your input in our progress so far! Take care, everyone.

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
Hey everyone! As you can see, the bar has not "progressed" this week, but that's for a couple of reasons.
View attachment 991927
First of all, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, the bar is thought for what is needed for the content necessary for the build to be released, i.e. the bare minimum of what we originally planned. However, as development goes on, we keep slightly changing the ideas or we just want to add extra things, so we work on those briefly, but our focus is still the main content of course. Furthermore, as I also mentioned, I only check the scenes in the card when they are finished, but we are working on a couple of scenes that are not completed yet, so even though there's progress on those, they are not marked there.

That being said, all gems have now 1 scene complete, including Connie, with the exception of Garnet.

Let's talk about sound design! This is something very interesting, or at least I think so. I mostly want to hear your opinions on how the menus and stuff sounds implemented to the game (Excuse my horrible framerate, please).

And this one here is with the music on. So far we only have the main menu theme music. Hope you like it:

It isn't complete, though, find out the rest in-game! And as always, thanks to Spread to collaborate with us!

View attachment 991928

Beach city seems to be a place that attracts all kinds of people, it's a touristic city, after all, or so Mayor Dewey says, it attracts the chilliest people if you know what I mean. A very interesting fact about Steven Universe: In this world, Kansas is the movie hub cities, because, in this world, Walt Disney never moved to California. Likewise, in this world, we assume weed is legal.

Well, that's all for now! We are always happy to hear about your input in our progress so far! Take care, everyone.
honestly makes me really eager for this cause it sounds like theres been a lot of improvements and bonus stuff bein worked on...but more then anything we finally got connie content and im most eager for that :3

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Hey people, first of all, sorry for the lack of devlog this week. Due to reasons out of my control being poor and not being able to pay the internet bill on time I had to skip this week's devlog. However, the problem is already solved and we will post the regular devlog next week. However, and since we owe you one devlog, next week's devlog will have twice as content, both for patrons and non-patrons!

Stay tuned.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Boy. Let's get this party started.

So, last week I couldn't really do the usual devlog, meaning that this week's devlog will be twice as awesome as previous devlogs (and that implying that previous devlogs were awesome). There are a lot of things that need to be said, and there are also a lot of things I want to show!

progress.png

First of all, we advanced 2 scenes, and all that's left is 1 scene for each gem and 1 for Connie. Honestly, if we can say so ourselves, the changelog chart isn't completely reliable. The original idea was to include in the chart what we thought is supposed to be essential for the next release, and it still is, however, as we work on the update we keep adding assets that, although not essential, are certainly important for the game, may save us sometime later, and just fun stuff. In the next release, we may switch to Trello to not only keep track of the progress ourselves but also so you guys can keep track of the progress. All the progress.

That being said, we weren't wasting time this whole week. First of all, I want to present the shop's system fully working already:

screenshot0040.png

As you can see, the shop system is done. What you see there is that we still have to finish the icons for the pizza shop items and fries shop items. Items are supposed to be used for missions, which, well, are not available yet, at least not the gameplay part. However, you must admit they look cool as fuck, at the very least. Each shop will have at least two items and... There may be another missing shop.

unknown.png

Next, we are working on the "wardrobe" system. I don't want to get into a lot of detail about the system, but basically, the one in Rose's room will work as a gallery rather than a permanent wardrobe change. Here you can freely switch between styles and clothing without consequences or requirements, so to speak, as long as you have seen the piece of clothing or unlocked it in a different way. It won't be completely necessary for this version since we will most likely add new clothing starting with the next version, but having a gallery of characters is cool enough as it is. That being said, it needs a bit more work and love.

screenshot0041.png

Coming next is the warp pad. Steven's Universe (I will never get tired of this pun) is pretty expansive so outside of beach city there are a lot of places you may want to see. That's where the warp pad is useful. You can travel to many different places in the world as long as there's a warp pad nearby. But, of course, that applies only to gem places, there are far more than that, but that will come in due time.

screenshot0042.png

Moving on, I was planning on showing the party system last week. It wasn't complete then, though, but it is now. As mentioned before (probably), the party system will be necessary for a number of mechanics such as gem abilities in the gameplay segments of the game and even... GIANT WOMEN. We MAY implement other functionalities, but as it is, that's what we have planned so far outside of very broad drafts. What do you think? Secret team!

screenshot0045.png

And finally, some other small things I need to mention and show, such as the fact that, as you may have noticed, there are more buttons per screen now. What do you think about that? Is it too much? The idea is for the player to be able to move anywhere just using the screen buttons. Furthermore, we also finished the background characters, and they will literally be featured in the background at random times and places.

unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png

And, well, that's all for now, people-

NO, NO WAIT, THERE'S MORE! THE REPLAY SYSTEM! It's a system where you can revisit the first time you experience a scene. You may have noticed from the demo that scenes themselves are divided into 2: The first part is usually reserved for whenever you don't have a key item or so, and the second part is the actual complete sex scene. After that, you can revisit the scene, which results in different dialogue because, well, you already did whatever you want to revisit before. However, you can replay those scenes from this screen. What do you think people?

screenshot0044.png

And now, that's actually all. I still struggle with having to post different stuff on different sites, I hope the videos actually work, though. I'm very sorry I couldn't do the last week's devlog, which is why I tried making this devlog extra special, like those 2 part episodes of old shows in a single part. Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoyed it. The tentative release date is still by the end of this very month, whether we manage or not, it shouldn't go past March, but it's very unlikely to go into march anyway.

Have a nice day! Or night.

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020

So, last week I couldn't really do the usual devlog, meaning that this week's devlog will be twice as awesome as previous devlogs (and that implying that previous devlogs were awesome). There are a lot of things that need to be said, and there are also a lot of things I want to show!

View attachment 1016143

First of all, we advanced 2 scenes, and all that's left is 1 scene for each gem and 1 for Connie. Honestly, if we can say so ourselves, the changelog chart isn't completely reliable. The original idea was to include in the chart what we thought is supposed to be essential for the next release, and it still is, however, as we work on the update we keep adding assets that, although not essential, are certainly important for the game, may save us sometime later, and just fun stuff. In the next release, we may switch to Trello to not only keep track of the progress ourselves but also so you guys can keep track of the progress. All the progress.

That being said, we weren't wasting time this whole week. First of all, I want to present the shop's system fully working already:

View attachment 1016144

As you can see, the shop system is done. What you see there is that we still have to finish the icons for the pizza shop items and fries shop items. Items are supposed to be used for missions, which, well, are not available yet, at least not the gameplay part. However, you must admit they look cool as fuck, at the very least. Each shop will have at least two items and... There may be another missing shop.

View attachment 1016145

Next, we are working on the "wardrobe" system. I don't want to get into a lot of detail about the system, but basically, the one in Rose's room will work as a gallery rather than a permanent wardrobe change. Here you can freely switch between styles and clothing without consequences or requirements, so to speak, as long as you have seen the piece of clothing or unlocked it in a different way. It won't be completely necessary for this version since we will most likely add new clothing starting with the next version, but having a gallery of characters is cool enough as it is. That being said, it needs a bit more work and love.

View attachment 1016146

Coming next is the warp pad. Steven's Universe (I will never get tired of this pun) is pretty expansive so outside of beach city there are a lot of places you may want to see. That's where the warp pad is useful. You can travel to many different places in the world as long as there's a warp pad nearby. But, of course, that applies only to gem places, there are far more than that, but that will come in due time.

View attachment 1016147

Moving on, I was planning on showing the party system last week. It wasn't complete then, though, but it is now. As mentioned before (probably), the party system will be necessary for a number of mechanics such as gem abilities in the gameplay segments of the game and even... GIANT WOMEN. We MAY implement other functionalities, but as it is, that's what we have planned so far outside of very broad drafts. What do you think? Secret team!

View attachment 1016148

And finally, some other small things I need to mention and show, such as the fact that, as you may have noticed, there are more buttons per screen now. What do you think about that? Is it too much? The idea is for the player to be able to move anywhere just using the screen buttons. Furthermore, we also finished the background characters, and they will literally be featured in the background at random times and places.

View attachment 1016149
View attachment 1016150

NO, NO WAIT, THERE'S MORE! THE REPLAY SYSTEM! It's a system where you can revisit the first time you experience a scene. You may have noticed from the demo that scenes themselves are divided into 2: The first part is usually reserved for whenever you don't have a key item or so, and the second part is the actual complete sex scene. After that, you can revisit the scene, which results in different dialogue because, well, you already did whatever you want to revisit before. However, you can replay those scenes from this screen. What do you think people?

View attachment 1016151

And now, that's actually all. I still struggle with having to post different stuff on different sites, I hope the videos actually work, though. I'm very sorry I couldn't do the last week's devlog, which is why I tried making this devlog extra special, like those 2 part episodes of old shows in a single part. Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoyed it. The tentative release date is still by the end of this very month, whether we manage or not, it shouldn't go past March, but it's very unlikely to go into march anyway.

its all lookin really good so far, impressive to me to see so much dont in just 2 weeks :3

honestly the buttons are fine they hardly take up any space

with the wardrobe you said we'll be able to use it to view characters in any outfit we've seen them in, does that include underwear/lingerie and nude versions?

Reactions: AmazonessKing

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
with the wardrobe you said we'll be able to use it to view characters in any outfit we've seen them in, does that include underwear/lingerie and nude versions?
Indeed! We are thinking about giving the gems some underwear and slightly change some of the previous scenes to reflect this. I think one of the best parts of these games is that level of customization. We knew very well it was going to be VERY hard since every scene needs to have as many new outfits as we add later, and that includes already done scenes, but I think it's worth it just to see your favorite characters, like the gems, with different outfits altogether, or, well, naked.

1612305387796.png

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the devlog, but you can change people and gem's outfits in their menu by clicking their sprite (The one on the right). If you ask a gem or anyone else to stay naked, they will most likely turn you down (at first, at least). The screen is not done yet, though, which is why I can't show it here. In fact, we do need more staff to make clear you can click on them.

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the devlog, but you can change people and gem's outfits in their menu by clicking their sprite (The one on the right). If you ask a gem or anyone else to stay naked, they will most likely turn you down (at first, at least).
i dont believe you did mention that before but it's good to hear, with how wardrobe was described i didnt think we'd be able to have people actually walk around in outfits of our choosing. understandable that walkin around nude would be a hard one, i mean realistically they could only get away with that at the beach and beach house lol but im really glad to hear that implication we might be able to make them a full on nudist in the future :3

y'all got slutty outfits planned for everyone in the future?

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
but im really glad to hear that implication we might be able to make them a full on nudist in the future
W-well... That's... That's a secret.

y'all got slutty outfits planned for everyone in the future?
We have a structure on how we want the outfits to work. On top of the outfits you see during the show, such as Amethyst and Pearl's regenerations changing their clothes, and some other miscellaneous stuff that may have appeared in the show, like Pearl's astronaut outfit, we plan to have thematically outfits, and although not a lot, we still want them with most characters. These are the themes we have so far:
  • Beach gear (think of a less slutty swimsuit like the ones I posted from the Beach Party episode)
  • Slutty Swimsuit
  • Halloween
  • Christmas
  • Cosplay
However, we want to focus on the main content first (unless ElFatGato gets bored and pulls out new outfits just because he can). We may focus on this miscellaneous stuff once we are done with the main content for the gems, for example.

Steelfire

Nov 17, 2017

View attachment 1016143

View attachment 1016144

View attachment 1016145

View attachment 1016146

View attachment 1016147

View attachment 1016148

View attachment 1016149
View attachment 1016150

View attachment 1016151

This is very impressive, I'm really exited about the replay system as being able to see the gems getting their first sex scene's to knocking them up is gonna be awesome to see implemented.

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
View attachment 991927

View attachment 991928

Really like it with sound. Also the work looks great so far

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Hi, people. Another week, another scene is done, AND the other scenes are actually in WIP state and mostly require details and color since they are mostly done in lines and stuff.

progress.png

However! One thing that isn't reflected in the chart, as usual, is old scenes being animated, the 3 original scenes with the gems. Although we probably will only animate Amethyst and Pearl if possible, since Garnet requires a bit more work.
Starting with what we want to show this week. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the Replay system, so I reworked it. It's not exactly something you can "show" however, you can notice that now you have a "locked" screen in the form of a "no signal" notice in the TV. Hope this helps the players keep track of the progress easily on top of all the other tools. We are also working on the actual image gallery still.

replay.gif

The wardrobe system is being worked on. For now, we will keep it simple with the regular "choice menu" stylization. However, we plan to add special assets for it in future releases for it to look better. modifying a character from their menu changes their clothes permanently, this reflects in the preview menu in the wardrobe, but as mentioned before, changing the clothes in the wardrobe itself doesn't affect the characters outside of it. It's only a gallery, after all

wardrobe.gif

That was just a test, of course. Amethyst is supposed to not like the idea of constantly being naked around. At least for now. There are only a few details missing here or there, but we are only missing 3 scenes now!
This is a rather short devlog, but there's nothing particularly "meaty" to show. I guess the only thing left to mention, if you didn't notice, is that the day of the week now has its own frame, something I wanted to implement for a long time now.

Well, that's all for now. Probably 3 weeks or so left before release, hopefully! See you soon, people, and thanks for your support.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes