2.00 star(s) 9 Votes

camelsoft

Aug 22, 2016
"One significant change that I'm thrilled to share with you is the restructuring of our gameplay schema. No longer will you need to click on rooms or grind content to progress the story. Now, the game progresses in "chapters," which offers the chance to delve deeper into the lives and experiences of our characters."

well, there is no gameplay anymore. you changed a decent game to a power point slide show.

Grelk

lol
Donor
Sep 11, 2018
"One significant change that I'm thrilled to share with you is the restructuring of our gameplay schema. No longer will you need to click on rooms or grind content to progress the story. Now, the game progresses in "chapters," which offers the chance to delve deeper into the lives and experiences of our characters."

well, there is no gameplay anymore. you changed a decent game to a power point slide show.
yeah God forbid a visual novel be a visual novel

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
i tried the male route and several times i got stuck in a mini loop with repeating sentences and sometimes a bit longer on first couple of patients.
considering how buggy i found the first one once completed, i am not hopeful.
it just also still seems too clinical to be entertaining

good luck anyway dev

Reactions: magefeu71

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
i tried the male route and several times i got stuck in a mini loop with repeating sentences and sometimes a bit longer on first couple of patients.
considering how buggy i found the first one once completed, i am not hopeful.
it just also still seems too clinical to be entertaining

good luck anyway dev
Where did you find this error? Do you remember the repeating statements?

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Anyone has a Mega link or is it mandatory to have advertising, low speed and virus?

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Dear fellow doctors,

I hope this message finds you well. It's been quite a while since our last communication, and for that, I sincerely apologize. The silence wasn't due to a lack of effort or intention but was the result of significant changes happening behind the scenes. Since our last update in October, the ownership of the game has transitioned, bringing with it fresh perspectives and exciting new ideas. With this, we've taken time to rethink, rework, and revise our beloved game General Practitioner 2 from the ground up.

One significant change that I'm thrilled to share with you is the restructuring of our gameplay schema. No longer will you need to click on rooms or grind content to progress the story. Now, the game progresses in "chapters," which offers the chance to delve deeper into the lives and experiences of our characters.

You'll have the freedom to choose which character to play first—Andrew or his sister Julie—and then, should you wish, you could restart the game to explore the content and storyline of the character you didn't pick initially. This ensures that all game content is playable and fully accessible, regardless of your initial choice of path or actions.

Furthermore, the game will allow you to develop relationships not only between Andrew and Julie but also with the three nurses working at the clinic. Plus, keep your eyes peeled for new characters arriving soon. And that's not all—we're also excited to share that new chapters and stories are already in the pipeline, designed to keep you entertained and intrigued!

We've also made medical exams a part of the story. As a player, you'll need to tackle these one after the other, paving the way for progress in relationships and helping to increase the awareness of our two young doctors.

We are genuinely grateful for your continued support throughout these changes. We recognize that our hiatus from updates has been longer than we all would have liked , but we assure you it was for the good of the game. We believe these changes will enrich your experience of General Practitioner 2, making it more engaging and rewarding.

Lastly, and probably the most eagerly awaited news, I am thrilled to announce that the next update will be released right away! We are as excited as you are to dive back into the game, and we can't wait to hear what you think of the improvements.

So, get ready to embark on new adventures, encounter new faces, and unravel new stories. Thank you again for your patience, your support, and your enthusiasm—it means the world to us. Let's gear up for a remarkable journey ahead in the world of General Practitioner 2!

Best wishes,

Andrea Bruni
Developer of General Practitioner 2

So good that I can play with one I picked fromthe start, in my case Female Protagonist aka Julie. Betther hen her brother. I prefer stick with Julie for the entire game and not gonna play the male one, what was his name?

I'm not a doctor, it would be good evening walktrought on every medacl expressione in simplay way to help for people like myself who ain't doctors to hav clue on how make it right.

Reactions: michel.gellar7

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
That boot back to main menu point was the end of the V10 release. And no, you don't get to switch like in the pre-V10 version. Instead you choose your char at the end of the prologue and play the game twice: one time with Julie as MC and one time with Andrew. They are independent kinetic novel paths each with their own patients and scenes. The concept still has some challenges: e.g. characters properly introduced only in the Julie path but appearing also in the Andrew part leaving you with a big question mark who the hell this is until you played Julie. In general, my impression is starting as Julie and then Andrew gives a better experience.
Kinetic Novel had no choise, you read till the ver end without see any option to make your choise if ther no one. Don't confus a game with choise as such becus this ain't Kinetic Novel

And frankly I care less about that Andrew Guy? Who is this guy? Who care. I play Julie and see other MC who give some clue when pick the wrong medical pronioncy. But about him I care less and threat him like he was covid nothing anoyid insect.

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Kinetic Novel had no choise, you read till the ver end without see any option to make your choise if ther no one. Don't confus a game with choise as such becus this ain't Kinetic Novel

And frankly I care less about that Andrew Guy? Who is this guy? Who care. I play Julie and see other MC who give some clue when pick the wrong medical pronioncy. But about him I care less and threat him like he was covid nothing anoyid insect.
Fair. I was only refering to the current V10 release where the various Julie/Andrew paths are not kicking in that early in the game, but the choices you have to interact with the V10 patients already result in different scenes. So kinetic novel was indeed not the correct term. Thanks for the clarification.

Shqiptari

Jun 27, 2018
A few weeks back I noticed a post on Patreon about an update on November 18th. I've been refreshing the site 5-7 times per day since yesterday morning waiting for the update, but no luck. The update isn't live and there is no communication by dev about any delays... Disappointed

Reactions: alaskahot

alaskahot

Oct 18, 2023
A few weeks back I noticed a post on Patreon about an update on November 18th. I've been refreshing the site 5-7 times per day since yesterday morning waiting for the update, but no luck. The update isn't live and there is no communication by dev about any delays... Disappointed
same, cant wait to play gp2

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
I think this game is dead, the dev doesn't post anything on his patron, not to mention that X and his other platforms have been deleted or no longer exist. It's a shame, I loved the premise of the game and hoped it would go forward.

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Yes, I guess he didn't find the energy and motivation (yet) to continue after the rather negative response from the audience here at his last attempt to redesign the game into a (or rather two) more linear (A)VN experience(s). It certainly didn't help that the communication is pretty much non-existent and announcements were regularly not met. I purchased the last release and might continue to do so but am sceptical when that might be the case next.

Nov 1, 2018
I love the doctor setup, but this game take it to the ludirous level of difficulty!
We're not PHD, we're ... "dreamers" ^^

Hope it continues but with a "Easy mode" without the doctor technical stuff or "auto mode".
Any other game in the doctor style ?

2.00 star(s) 9 Votes