3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Making a medical game, lands you in a unique niche, that could potentially garner patronage, so long as your game respects the medical establishment. Most of the members of my sizeable family are doctors, and medical humor is a most common topic at family get togethers. Saving lives can be stressful at times, and humor is a means of relieving that stress, second to sex of course.

With millions of illnesses, and injuries to choose from, scenarios for your game examinations are endless. While the vast majority of exams are quite routine, and boring, focusing too much on the proper, could make your game equally boring.

The direction you choose to take your game, is entirely up to you. I'm just sharing my experience. While you may have intended to target your game to the average player.. with a few tweaks, your game has the potential to be a hit among a smaller group, but which has a larger disposable income, and likelihood of being patron of the arts.

Enearde

Nov 8, 2016
GF is a doctor as well, I would love to encounter the same situations she talks about when she comes back from the hospital (she is an ob/gyn). It's a very niche genre but I'm sure it can be a great game if you do proper research and spend the time to establish a good system for examination. I wouldn't mind if the kinky stuff would only support the medical side of the game instead of the other way around to be honest.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
The sexual side DOES support the medical one. The gameplay is centered around examinations, story arcs are something to add fun and a storyline to the experience.

If you try "Examination mode" you will play with the exams without kinky content or story.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I doubt that "money" is the keyword since the game doesn't know that variable anywhere though...

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
0.0.4b will see the introduction of specialized tools in the examinations.

Starting with Karen exam you may need to perform a X-Ray on her ankle, or to collect urine samples to analize. This can be achieved only if you bought the X-Ray Scanner or the Urine Test Machine from the in-game marketplace.

Of course these are specialized tools that can cost a lot of money, so you need to manage your incomes wisely.

Still, since the marketplace will be introduced in future updates, right now the game will behave as you have that sort of equipment avalaible.

If you don't you won't be able to perform some kind of exams and the outcome will change accordingly.

I'm very excited about this new feature in the medical examinations gameplay, what do you think about it?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
0.0.4b will see the introduction of specialized tools in the examinations.

Starting with Karen exam you may need to perform a X-Ray on her ankle, or to collect urine samples to analize. This can be achieved only if you bought the X-Ray Scanner or the Urine Test Machine from the in-game marketplace.

Of course these are specialized tools that can cost a lot of money, so you need to manage your incomes wisely.

Still, since the marketplace will be introduced in future updates, right now the game will behave as you have that sort of equipment avalaible.

If you don't you won't be able to perform some kind of exams and the outcome will change accordingly.

I'm very excited about this new feature in the medical examinations gameplay, what do you think about it?

My like says it all :D

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Sometimes you will need to task Nurse Lawley to perform special examinations on a patient. In this case Karen's injuries seem bad enough to request a X-Ray scan, provided you supplied one for your clinic.

General Practitioner 0.0.4 will be out for free on July 31st!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

Wow, this month's release(s) have been proving indeed. The main story arc hasn't got many bugs while it's way longer than "Family Time" released in June. The next one will be even more long in terms of actual gameplay and lines of coding (expect the announcement in the coming days).

Much of the time is spent rendering images of course, and while I added more than 100 more images in this update I'm still not satisfied of the whole graphic experience of the game and I want to add more of them both in the examinations and in the story arc.

I also noticed that last month I began to work on the next update on June 22nd, while right now in July 16th I'm not half done with 0.0.4 yet (Robyn's exam underway!)

So I had to choose: since I can't hire anyone to help me (yet) I could rush off things to release a shorter update in August or I could delay the release by a few days to ensure a quality work. I chose the latter. So while Patrons will receive a monthly update with new features I can't guarantee the same for final "public" releases.

Promise a release every last day of the month and not delivering it is like making fun of people, and I don't like to make fun of people.

Of course this is up to you guys to decide too, I'm developing this game with your help as you're my alpha testers. Do you prefer a quality work released "when it's ready" (with guaranteed patrons' monthly updates of course since they pledge me monthly) or you prefer smaller updates but more frequent?

You can answer me in the comments, if you like.

Be safe and healthy, and thank you.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Can we expect more clever House references or other references in general? Also will Victoria 7 be a potential romance option in the future, inquiring minds must know!

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes