3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

cowboybebop

May 6, 2017
I don't know how but you have a file that you shouldn't have in your game directory (robyn_1.rpy), which is not included in the fast fix and is not in the released version either (just checked the zip files).

.rpy files are source-code files and are not included in the game. Are you sure you haven't used unren to extract rpyc files?

Because I made changes to robyn_1 file, but if you have a .rpy version of it it keeps creating an older version of the .rpyc (the compiled one) and gets you this error.

Delete robyn_1.rpy, extract the fast fix again and try again.

Note: you should delete all .rpy files in your game directory, they simply shouldn't exist :)

i'm download compresed version, i'll try download full version :V :V

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I think this is the 1st time i have written a 1 star review. was very disappointed in the game. quick points of dislike were the shear amount reliance on RNG, the insane grind, The Fame mechanic in general and lower quality graphics
You see, I'm saddened by this.
Oh, not about the review, it's pretty normal one might dislike the game of course, but about the contents of it.

Allow me to explain my feelings about it:

1. Far too much of a Grind fest
2. The amount of RNG was atrocious
3. The Fame Mechanic in particular was frustrating as it was very difficult to increase but would tank because of RNG action of NPC characters
4. The graphics were mediocre at best
5. There appears to be 0 animation
1- I'm trying to make the game as less grindy as it can without reducing difficulty to zero, or "videogames for dummies" as I call it. Still, this is an alpha game and really needs balancement yet.
2- Sorry, what's RNG? If you are talking about fame/money needed to progress the game it's a false assumption, since the story with every character and all medical exams can be played without the need of manage anything. Of course you won't get 100% score but who cares after all?
3- See #1, the game is in development and needs balancing
4- Can't say anything about this, someone like it, someone doesn't. You have the right to your opinion :)
5- So what? I never said there would be any animation, and most Visual Novels don't have them. Even the praised Big Brother had none but that didn't stop people from praising it every time :)

I mean, ok, you don't like the game, but most of your points about that are based on the fact this is a finished game you paid for, which isn't. And even when it'll hit Steam Early Access you still get an alpha release, where most things could change completely, be overhauled with time (as the MC character model, now based on Genesis 8).

Of course your review is legit, no doubt about it, I just ask myself if it wasn't based on false assumptions about the game and if it's compared to other productions which might be more animated but with way less content to play with.ù

Just my 2 cents.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
i'm download compresed version, i'll try download full version :V :V
Yep, the compressed version posted here is full of .rpy files.

That's why I DON'T GIVE SUPPORT TO LEAKED RELEASES, I lost 30 minutes today figuring out what the issue was. :(

Mar 25, 2018
You see, I'm saddened by this.
Oh, not about the review, it's pretty normal one might dislike the game of course, but about the contents of it.

Allow me to explain my feelings about it:

1- I'm trying to make the game as less grindy as it can without reducing difficulty to zero, or "videogames for dummies" as I call it. Still, this is an alpha game and really needs balancement yet.
2- Sorry, what's RNG? If you are talking about fame/money needed to progress the game it's a false assumption, since the story with every character and all medical exams can be played without the need of manage anything. Of course you won't get 100% score but who cares after all?
3- See #1, the game is in development and needs balancing
4- Can't say anything about this, someone like it, someone doesn't. You have the right to your opinion :)
5- So what? I never said there would be any animation, and most Visual Novels don't have them. Even the praised Big Brother had none but that didn't stop people from praising it every time :)

I mean, ok, you don't like the game, but most of your points about that are based on the fact this is a finished game you paid for, which isn't. And even when it'll hit Steam Early Access you still get an alpha release, where most things could change completely, be overhauled with time (as the MC character model, now based on Genesis 8).

Of course your review is legit, no doubt about it, I just ask myself if it wasn't based on false assumptions about the game and if it's compared to other productions which might be more animated but with way less content to play with.ù

Just my 2 cents.

I guess what he meant by RNG is the randomness of the gameplay. Instead of relying on the accumulated gameplay experience, skill or knowledge for example, it uses mathematical calculations or AI to determine whether an event will occur or the player will get to meet a new in-game character thereby resulting to a grind fest as he put it.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I guess what he meant by RNG is the randomness of the gameplay. Instead of relying on the accumulated gameplay experience, skill or knowledge for example, it uses mathematical calculations or AI to determine whether an event will occur or the player will get to meet a new in-game character thereby resulting to a grind fest as he put it.
So that's not true, since you can play all game events, exams and content without raising a stat. The only thing that changes is the outcome or dialogues. But that's gameplay not cut-out content...

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
I think this is the 1st time i have written a 1 star review. was very disappointed in the game. quick points of dislike were the shear amount reliance on RNG, the insane grind, The Fame mechanic in general and lower quality graphics
I made a review myself and I have to say I think you have been too harsh. I think that one star should be reserved for those games that clearly aren't going to be finished and are just a way to make some quick money, the ones that are a clear copy of another game and way worse than the original, the ones with a clearly stupid premise and/or plot, or things like those.

I can agree with some of the things you say in your review (not others), like too many repetitive tasks at this point of the development, or the graphics not being really eye-catching, since I said something like that in my own review, but sincerely, I think it's not fair to give only one star to this game.

Reactions: coolboy88

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
This addresses some of the issues players are having with "repetitive tasks" all over the game. As you can see it was something I was already working on even before this feedback. :D

General Practitioner DEVLOG #3

Another very important feedback I received from the community involved the number of in-game days that pass between main events. Sometimes before the newest medical exams or story chapters a number of days pass without anything else to do if not going around the city and/or the clinic.

Of course with the Random Examination Program you can play countless medical exams each day, random events in city places allow for a change of pace while increasing stats, however some might just want to go straight to the new important point in the story.

That's why I'm going to introduce two new buttons in the daily chooser screen.

The first one (the black/white one) will allow you to skip to the day of the next available medical exam, while the other button will bring you to the day where the new story chapter will begin.

Of course when skipping to the next event will cause the game to switch to a new month the game will also warn you about payments that occur at the first day of the month, this way the buttons won't be used as a cheap cheating system but as they were intended (still, 0.0.18 will feature an increase in starting money to balance it further).

What do you think about this brand new feature?

Thanks for following the game and supporting it, I hope you'll enjoy it more and more update after update!

Be safe and healthy,

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
This addresses some of the issues players are having with "repetitive tasks" all over the game. As you can see it was something I was already working on even before this feedback. :D

General Practitioner DEVLOG #3

Another very important feedback I received from the community involved the number of in-game days that pass between main events. Sometimes before the newest medical exams or story chapters a number of days pass without anything else to do if not going around the city and/or the clinic.

Of course with the Random Examination Program you can play countless medical exams each day, random events in city places allow for a change of pace while increasing stats, however some might just want to go straight to the new important point in the story.

That's why I'm going to introduce two new buttons in the daily chooser screen.

The first one (the black/white one) will allow you to skip to the day of the next available medical exam, while the other button will bring you to the day where the new story chapter will begin.

Of course when skipping to the next event will cause the game to switch to a new month the game will also warn you about payments that occur at the first day of the month, this way the buttons won't be used as a cheap cheating system but as they were intended (still, 0.0.18 will feature an increase in starting money to balance it further).

What do you think about this brand new feature?

Thanks for following the game and supporting it, I hope you'll enjoy it more and more update after update!

Be safe and healthy,
How about a button which will turn on and off REP? Only for medical examination. Will help to kill time, gives experience and, especially, as it produces income if succesful helps to patch finances ruined by incompetent, amateurish, slacking on sick leave, arguing with each other members of staff.

(Then there's only ruined fame of clinic to worry about. And huge sexy muscles of GP...)

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
Can i complete this game without a walkthrough? I have only played once and there were too many choices. I want to know other's experience who have already completed this game.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
How about a button which will turn on and off REP? Only for medical examination. Will help to kill time, gives experience and, especially, as it produces income if succesful helps to patch finances ruined by incompetent, amateurish, slacking on sick leave, arguing with each other members of staff.

(Then there's only ruined fame of clinic to worry about. And huge sexy muscles of GP...)
What do you mean by REP? The Random Exams Project?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Can i complete this game without a walkthrough? I have only played once and there were too many choices. I want to know other's experience who have already completed this game.
Yes you can but you may miss out on some things.

Reactions: coolboy88

Excalibur

Jul 11, 2017
It appears my game crashes every time I hit "Measurements." It didn't use to do it but after I bought some additional equipment; it started to crash. Crash states:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'rep_female_teen_height_exam'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "H:\Gateway\System\mabi\Isi\New folder (99)\General Practitioner 0.0.17 Fix 4\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "H:\Gateway\System\mabi\Isi\New folder (99)\General Practitioner 0.0.17 Fix 4\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "H:\Gateway\System\mabi\Isi\New folder (99)\General Practitioner 0.0.17 Fix 4\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "H:\Gateway\System\mabi\Isi\New folder (99)\General Practitioner 0.0.17 Fix 4\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/robyn_1.rpyc", line 1834, in script call
File "game/rep_teen_female.rpyc", line 48, in script
��$�Hڊ$�0�U��Z3I��I7���%$��jgFr�A�E 銃�l$�"/�D�?��5���:&�")� ��\� �&��c�.2�,R�A&�rɄl8���`��Ld�!�C�����t�����D��g}$^
File "H:\Gateway\System\mabi\Isi\New folder (99)\General Practitioner 0.0.17 Fix 4\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'rep_female_teen_height_exam'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
General Practitioner 0.0.17REP
Fri Sep 21 10:10:31 2018

rhorn

Nov 22, 2017
It appears my game crashes every time I hit "Measurements." It didn't use to do it but after I bought some additional equipment; it started to crash. Crash states:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

read one page back, its a known issue and will be fixed.
just dont click on measurements when examinating teens

Reactions: Excalibur

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of General Practitioner v0.0.17REP-fix4
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
I'd appreciate some advice as I feel I'm struggling with one element of the game. First off, this is my first time playing it and I'm playing 0.0.17 fix 4. I'm only a little past the start of chapter 2 so my charm and knowledge are not very elevated yet, and I don't know if that's an important factor for this.

So far, just using common sense, I've gotten "perfect" $500 exams for all the plot exams and every teenager exam. However, whenever I do a child exam I invariably get one of the fame loss results of $0 to $200 (usually $0 to $100). I've experimented quite a bit and cannot do better whether I apply the techniques I use on teens/plot exams or not. Can anyone suggest anything particular to the child exams that I might be missing? Thanks to the early $500 exams, I've been able to purchase all available equipment, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm quite enjoying the game and would like advice. If this is just "the way it is" then that's fine and I'll cope. But right now I'm tempted to save scum just to avoid child exams as I find them frustrating failing so badly without any understand of why. Thanks.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I'd appreciate some advice as I feel I'm struggling with one element of the game. First off, this is my first time playing it and I'm playing 0.0.17 fix 4. I'm only a little past the start of chapter 2 so my charm and knowledge are not very elevated yet, and I don't know if that's an important factor for this.

So far, just using common sense, I've gotten "perfect" $500 exams for all the plot exams and every teenager exam. However, whenever I do a child exam I invariably get one of the fame loss results of $0 to $200 (usually $0 to $100). I've experimented quite a bit and cannot do better whether I apply the techniques I use on teens/plot exams or not. Can anyone suggest anything particular to the child exams that I might be missing? Thanks to the early $500 exams, I've been able to purchase all available equipment, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm quite enjoying the game and would like advice. If this is just "the way it is" then that's fine and I'll cope. But right now I'm tempted to save scum just to avoid child exams as I find them frustrating failing so badly without any understand of why. Thanks.
If you're talking about random exams it could just been that they are unbalanced for some reason. If I receive enough feedbacks pointing out this issue I might change how points are given to those particular exams. :)

If you're talking about "scripted" exams, I'll need more infos: who's the child?

Reactions: kkai

j1mmy9999

Aug 8, 2018
It's been a while since I've tried this game - there's been a massive leap in content since last time. The direction and potential are much clearer now and I'm enjoying myself so far. No crashes yet!

A couple of points of feedback:
1. I find the text hard to read. It's too small and the light blue headers don't contrast well with the grey background, though that might just be my cheap laptop screen.
2. The Fame mechanic seems really unbalanced atm. When I hired staff for all the available positions my clinic's fame went from +50 to -30 in a few weeks and it's still plummeting. This was with staff with the highest available attributes, so I'm considering sacking them all :)
3. I'm not sure why the server guy's medical knowledge negatively impacts his job. I have enough doctors that patients shouldn't have to ask IT support for a consultation. "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?"...

Thanks for your work, looking forward to seeing how it all comes together in future.

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
If you're talking about random exams it could just been that they are unbalanced for some reason. If I receive enough feedbacks pointing out this issue I might change how points are given to those particular exams. :)

If you're talking about "scripted" exams, I'll need more infos: who's the child?
Sorry, I should have specified. I'm referring to the random child exams. Scripted and random teen exams I'm getting perfects on.

Sounds like it may just be balance, but I'm still new to the game so it could be me. I just thought it might be something obvious that I'm overlooking. It will be interesting if others experience anything similar.

Edit: I'm managing $500 for most random child exams now. I don't know if any of your stats influence the exam scores, as they been slowly going up, or perhaps I'm just doing my job better, but it looks like things have turned around.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Sorry, I should have specified. I'm referring to the random child exams. Scripted and random teen exams I'm getting perfects on.

Sounds like it may just be balance, but I'm still new to the game so it could be me. I just thought it might be something obvious that I'm overlooking. It will be interesting if others experience anything similar.

Edit: I'm managing $500 for most random child exams now. I don't know if any of your stats influence the exam scores, as they been slowly going up, or perhaps I'm just doing my job better, but it looks like things have turned around.
No, stats affect the game in a visible way, there are no "hidden turns" based on stats, else it would be rather unfair to the player.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Oh, and as for some exams it happens in a doctor's life that even if you perform a perfect examination the patient still gets unsatisfied and your result as a consequence is lower. This is working as intended both in random exams than in some scripted ones, but it's usually made clear through conversations :)

Reactions: kkai
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes