3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Every romance has the same number of interactions available (about 20 right now). 0.0.19 focuses on Rita, so you might expect something about her here ;)

Reactions: Krull

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Early release of 0.0.19 update of General Practitioner has been released for 20$+ patrons.

Please check the for the new features and known issues not to be reported as bugs.

This update introduces a number of new features, in preparation of the upcoming "Moddability" of the game (thus allowing YOU to write down your own examination!) and also addresses a few issues you've been reporting in the last few weeks.

It also features Rita's story and three brand new medical exams which I'm sure will entertain you. Moreover, two more exams have their "after-exam sex" scenes introduced: Paul's mom Judith and Selma.

A new daily report screen has also been developed to better show the results of your staff while at work. I also tweaked some stats as I received reports that the loss of fame was too unbalanced to properly work while having a full staff hired.

Someone might have noticed something in the pic above. No, I'm not talking about the doctor's bum but the new interface which replaces the ugly "Black Bar" which was present until now. I think this is more appealing than the one before.

And oh yeah, who said anything about the return of Claudia, the doctor's relative? She's in this update as well, since her story will intertwine with Rita's at some point.

A final word: I removed the "Skip to the update" feature since the game has grown to a point where using that would've meant losing part of the story and caused other gameplay issues. The "Skip to the event" button has been made as a replacement for it in case you want to "fast-forward" the story, or you can use a previous saved game as well.

I suggest you to keep separate saves for each story arc (Rita, Relative, Erika, Elisa, Aaron and Vanessa, Christina...) from now on, so that you can resume their stories whenever they are released.

Before leaving you to the link allow me one last warning about this update:

I recommend starting a new game if you're experiencing issues regarding the game's behavior with Elisa's pregnancy and her overall story. If you pursued another story saved games are 100% compatible.

Support the game, believe me your support is very needed.
Being on Steam is only the beginning, not the end at all :D

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
hmm..multiple relationship possible? I picked the cousin instead of Elisa but Elisa registered as my girlfriend now (her name comes up during pick festival go with).. Because I reload the earlier save where in that save I picked her as girlfriend. I want to make a branching save.

Did I broke the game? I thought she would be counted as non girlfriend because I wanted to go for Rita and Erika first, and leaving Elisa and the cousin last (because they married)

Random comments (probably have been mentioned in the thread - but I cant read the whole thread at it current size), 1)The neck discoloration for Erika is really distracting, its like she tanned her head only when she is in uniform.
2)Too many kids examination (with twins backstory), yes its skippable, but you get very small payment compared to doing it yourself (aka I hate the grind).
3)I got a lot of errors on random illness 3 (when doing the kids examinations) its ignorable, as I can click the ignore button and the game continues as normal.
4)I used the compressed version (because I'm trying out the game for the first time), I got a missing picture for examining male teen 3 back side. seems like theres an extra space at the end of the filename.
5)Your staff will make you go broke, I still havent finished June, but Erika seems to cost me money and fame, and So is Borelli. and I only have them both only, bought all available equipment apart from xray and mri scan; projected bankruptcy : Early August.
6)I dont like the inconsistent UI during exams. At clinic you have the magnifying glass near the appropriate bodyparts to run test on, at the hospital you just get a list of buttons (similarly to your questioning session with patients.) Of course the button appears when I was inspecting a male adult, and my subsequent patient was a pregnant teen (which reverts back to the magnifying glass button) So I dunno.

Still overall, I think I like this game..

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
hmm..multiple relationship possible? I picked the cousin instead of Elisa but Elisa registered as my girlfriend now (her name comes up during pick festival go with).. Because I reload the earlier save where in that save I picked her as girlfriend. I want to make a branching save.

Did I broke the game? I thought she would be counted as non girlfriend because I wanted to go for Rita and Erika first, and leaving Elisa and the cousin last (because they married)
As I wrote in the previous post:
I suggest you to keep separate saves for each story arc (Rita, Relative, Erika, Elisa, Aaron and Vanessa, Christina...) from now on, so that you can resume their stories whenever they are released.

Also, the "choose x as your girlfriend" is a feature which will be removed with 0.0.19 as it caused games to break for this very reason. Unfortunately (!) the game has become so big and with so many ramifications that overriding one made it become increasingly unstable over time.
It will be possible to date more than one girl in a future update though.

Random comments (probably have been mentioned in the thread - but I cant read the whole thread at it current size), 1)The neck discoloration for Erika is really distracting, its like she tanned her head only when she is in uniform.
2)Too many kids examination (with twins backstory), yes its skippable, but you get very small payment compared to doing it yourself (aka I hate the grind).
3)I got a lot of errors on random illness 3 (when doing the kids examinations) its ignorable, as I can click the ignore button and the game continues as normal.
4)I used the compressed version (because I'm trying out the game for the first time), I got a missing picture for examining male teen 3 back side. seems like theres an extra space at the end of the filename.
5)Your staff will make you go broke, I still havent finished June, but Erika seems to cost me money and fame, and So is Borelli. and I only have them both only, bought all available equipment apart from xray and mri scan; projected bankruptcy : Early August.
6)I dont like the inconsistent UI during exams. At clinic you have the magnifying glass near the appropriate bodyparts to run test on, at the hospital you just get a list of buttons (similarly to your questioning session with patients.) Of course the button appears when I was inspecting a male adult, and my subsequent patient was a pregnant teen (which reverts back to the magnifying glass button) So I dunno.

Still overall, I think I like this game..
As per point 1 I never saw that. I'll have a look at it.
2) Random exams feature children and teens only. They will be implemented with young adults, adults and elders very soon but until that they are the only one available, hence their high drop rate.
3) It has been fixed in 0.0.19, thanks :)
4) Sorry, I cannot help you with a compressed version as it's not made by me. :(
5) This has been tweaked in 0.0.19 as it was clearly unbalanced. Also there was an error in the way the game was interpreting the "Energy" stat of the staff.
6) There are buttons over the body when the exam involves those body parts. The buttons on the upper part of the screen are for "Special Exams" that don't necessarily involve a specific body part. Those are usually that require medical equipment and also the Back Exam, since the back of the patient is never visible when lying on the bed.
Still, the UI for the exams will be improved, as it's something very basic and has been for quite a while now.

Thanks for your feedback!

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
2 same choice. 1 was correct, the other is wrong.

Also, some typo.. when you get a random patient, randomly is spelled incorrectly. Ramdonly.

2nd typo that I recall, when you walking behind Elisa for the first restaurant date, the thigh is spelled wrongly too.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hi guys!

First of all thank you for trying out the game! Since General Practitioner landed on Steam and other retail sites the player's community has nearly doubled its original size and that's helping me A LOT to find out what's working with the game and what isn't.

I'm receving a lot of feedback about the game and rest assured that I'm reading all of it, even improving the game as you are reading this announcement. However in a game as big as GP major updates are scheduled each month, even though as you might have noticed I'm also delivering smaller albeit very useful updates to fix the most important anomalies in the game, so you're getting a very dedicated support right now.

Let's talk about the game's difficulty: well, let's clear something first: some scenarios are in fact "Kobayashi Maru" like ones. The tutorial says at some point that sometimes you cannot do a perfect exam AND have a patient completely satisfied for many reasons. You could also have an angry patient (i.e. someone who fears needles and you HAD to take a blood sample) while achieving a perfect score.

That's perfectly working as intended and, as frustrating as it might be, it's a doctor's life.

However some medical exams ARE having some issues and as you saw in the news I'm actually in the process of checking them ALL (50), even to balance things up. Older exams (the one released more than a year ago on crowdfunding sites) were the most inaccurate of course, but I hope this overhaul will adjust them.

Also, the game is engineered to work as a trial and error one. You shouldn't worry too much about getting low averages and points. You (the player), like the MC (the Doctor) are learning together what it means and needs to be done as a GP and errors are normal, especially since most players don't have a MD. The game could tell you you performed bad but it will still continue and you will have learned something nonetheless.

There are no achievements for having a "Perfect Score" on each exam and I'm not planning to introduce them for this very reason. You can perform the exam, save and load and try to make it 100%, but it's for your own pleasure as it was never meant to be the purpose of the game.

Still, update 0.0.19 will have new Codex entries as to perform exams as well as new ways to get reviews from the Medical Board for each of them as you perform each exam. I hope this will clear things up.

Please also remember that the game's Early Access also means that game mechanics NEED to be tested and the more players are out there trying the game the easier is for me to understand what is working and what isn't. And for that I'm very grateful to you. :)

I hope you'll keep enjoying the game and telling me what needs to be improved. You can clearly see the potential of the game, so help me reach that potential!

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
Hi guys!

First of all thank you for trying out the game! Since General Practitioner landed on Steam and other retail sites the player's community has nearly doubled its original size and that's helping me A LOT to find out what's working with the game and what isn't.

I'm receving a lot of feedback about the game and rest assured that I'm reading all of it, even improving the game as you are reading this announcement. However in a game as big as GP major updates are scheduled each month, even though as you might have noticed I'm also delivering smaller albeit very useful updates to fix the most important anomalies in the game, so you're getting a very dedicated support right now.

Let's talk about the game's difficulty: well, let's clear something first: some scenarios are in fact "Kobayashi Maru" like ones. The tutorial says at some point that sometimes you cannot do a perfect exam AND have a patient completely satisfied for many reasons. You could also have an angry patient (i.e. someone who fears needles and you HAD to take a blood sample) while achieving a perfect score.

That's perfectly working as intended and, as frustrating as it might be, it's a doctor's life.

However some medical exams ARE having some issues and as you saw in the news I'm actually in the process of checking them ALL (50), even to balance things up. Older exams (the one released more than a year ago on crowdfunding sites) were the most inaccurate of course, but I hope this overhaul will adjust them.

Also, the game is engineered to work as a trial and error one. You shouldn't worry too much about getting low averages and points. You (the player), like the MC (the Doctor) are learning together what it means and needs to be done as a GP and errors are normal, especially since most players don't have a MD. The game could tell you you performed bad but it will still continue and you will have learned something nonetheless.

There are no achievements for having a "Perfect Score" on each exam and I'm not planning to introduce them for this very reason. You can perform the exam, save and load and try to make it 100%, but it's for your own pleasure as it was never meant to be the purpose of the game.

Still, update 0.0.19 will have new Codex entries as to perform exams as well as new ways to get reviews from the Medical Board for each of them as you perform each exam. I hope this will clear things up.

Please also remember that the game's Early Access also means that game mechanics NEED to be tested and the more players are out there trying the game the easier is for me to understand what is working and what isn't. And for that I'm very grateful to you. :)

I hope you'll keep enjoying the game and telling me what needs to be improved. You can clearly see the potential of the game, so help me reach that potential!
Its good to know your game was accepted on Steam congratz!
To be honest you did deserve this, your game is quite original and innovative, i really wanna see how much more you will expand on this.

PS I love playing doctor <3

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
Sorry for more annoying stuff to report. I started chapter 10 exactly on 1st of August (aka I go back to Claudia's home on that day). However, the wage calculation never gets triggered, so basically I'm cheapskate who didnt pay a single cent to my staff. Help me survive Erika's kick!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Sorry for more annoying stuff to report. I started chapter 10 exactly on 1st of August (aka I go back to Claudia's home on that day). However, the wage calculation never gets triggered, so basically I'm cheapskate who didnt pay a single cent to my staff. Help me survive Erika's kick!
This is a VERY NICE CATCH in fact.
No one ever reported this but it's quite a design oversight on my part. I checked for wages after I checked for events to trigger, so basically if an event triggered on the 1st day of the month wages weren't getting paid for that month.
It's a very rare coincidence that an event could trigger on the 1st of a month, so that's very good catch!
Thanks.

Reactions: Krull

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
BEST GAME EVER!! Keep up the Good Work Dev and I can't wait til this game is completed :D hehe <3 <3 <3

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

Hi guys!

A couple days ago about General Practitioner's launch on online Retail Stores and about the overall backstory of the game.

During our talk we discussed several topics about the game's development, from the very first idea of the project to how Patreon is currently managing the Adult Videogame Development's community.

If you are a bit curious about it check the link above, and let me know your thoughts about this. :)

Thank you for supporting the game!

Be safe and healthy,

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hi guys.

This is the last Devlog for 0.0.19 update which is almost ready for retail release (supporters on Patreon get to play it a few days ahead as a "thank you gift" for their support).

Today I'm going to introduce you to some big changes in the game's user interface. Hearing your feedback made us re-think some gameplay elements and some were modified to become what they were always intended to be.

The first modification is about the "Medical Conditions" Codex, which was split in different pages (A-C, D-F etc.) but it's now on a single page which allows the user to scroll down to their desidered topic.

This modification affects not only the gameplay but also the developing times since it's way easier for us to modify the Codex and write new entries while the game is developing.

The second screen I'm introducing you is the "Stats Screen", which is now readable more easily and has three main sections for a quick look at the game's statistics and romances.

Some of you might have noticed that the "Quest Log" disappeared from that screen, but that's intended as it will have its own screen soon!

Finally there's the "Exam Review" screen which was introduced a few days back. Work on it is completed and you can see the results down here:

That's it for this Devlog!
I hope you'll like these changes, they meant a lot of work on our part :)

Keep following us for more update about the game, and thank you for your interest in this project!

Be safe and healthy!

keer

Jun 20, 2017
I tried the new version of the game very well where the saves can be laid out thanks good luck!!

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes