3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
The new interface makes the game look more "professional", but there is room for improvement. For example, the fonts, color and size of the texts in the game could be a bit more eye-candy, there could be better icons for the different medical tests during the examinations of the patients (sometimes is even difficult to find the place to click into them with the pointer), there could be different images in doctor's house for "studying" and "online shopping"... Little things like that.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
General Practitioner [v.0.0.19.002] (2018) (Eng) [Ren'Py] [MacOS] [Linux] [Android]

Torrent here -

Torrent -

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
One thing that I have always found very misleading is that "X", which suggests the fact that it closes the submenu, instead closes the game ...
View attachment 176939
The "X" is going to be deleted very soon. I received many feedbacks about that...

The new interface makes the game look more "professional", but there is room for improvement. For example, the fonts, color and size of the texts in the game could be a bit more eye-candy, there could be better icons for the different medical tests during the examinations of the patients (sometimes is even difficult to find the place to click into them with the pointer), there could be different images in doctor's house for "studying" and "online shopping"... Little things like that.
Yeah, those are all things already planned for the future :)

Reactions: Amedore

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
The "X" is going to be deleted very soon. I received many feedbacks about that...

Yeah, those are all things already planned for the future :)
It's great. Anyway, as a piece of advice and no offense, I have to say that the most important thing that this game needs is to be bug-free. Every new update there are new bugs, and I don't know if you can trust in people's reports, since we are not beta-testers. Maybe you need a couple of real beta-testers to work closely with.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
It's great. Anyway, as a piece of advice and no offense, I have to say that the most important thing that this game needs is to be bug-free. Every new update there are new bugs, and I don't know if you can trust in people's reports, since we are not beta-testers. Maybe you need a couple of real beta-testers to work closely with.
Actually if players don't report anything I can do almost nothing to solve issues. The game has 40+ hours of gameplay, it's heavily choice-based and choices really affect gameplay, which then branches in very different directions.

Still, I have to disagree with you as the game doesn't need to be bug-free in an alpha-stage of development since I'm not selling a final, polished product (neither do I advertise it as such) and with 1700$ of patronage (roughly 1500€ not counting taxes) I can't afford real beta testers (some games who make dozens my earnings on Patreon don't have half of the gameplay GP has to be fair).

I cannot re-play the game from start to end each month either since this would also mean I release an update every 2-3 months (again, some devs do on Patreon and people pay them monthly and I don't feel this is right. I don't blame neither patrons nor devs of course, it's just my way to be in the players' shoes since I'm a player and patron as well for some projects!)

If people report bugs (and it's very easy since I can count at least SIX places on where to report them) they are usually sorted in less than 24 hours (again, name another dev on Patreon who supports the game like this) while minor bugs that don't affect gameplay are fixed in the next available release.

If they don't... well the whole "Alpha-release / Early Access" thing is worthless and we could do like No Man's Sky did, i.e. to release a "Full-game" at 59,99$ which needed two more years to be completed. :)

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Version 0.0.19 with 7th Fix Added:

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
0.0.20 "Merry Christmas" Announcement

Today I'm announcing the latest update to General Practitioner available in a few weeks, nicknamed "Merry Christmas".
The main features of the update are the following, and many more will be introduced in the next few weeks:

- Attend a "Christmas dinner" at your relative's house. You can bring whoever you wish with you or go by yourself if you don't want/wish to bring anyone.

- Develop your romances with every character available and continue your relative's story arc as well as she rejoins her family for the holiday. Will Bob be aware of your plans to sneak up on his business? How will he react? And what about he already discovered your affair with her wife?

- For the first time in the game meet the Doctor's mother! Introducing Mrs. Jones (chosen surname of your character) will bring new troubles and new choices for the Doctor in the journey to understand and explore his past. Whoever you're dating, even if you're not dating someone, you can be certain she will scold you for some reason or another.

- New medical examinations as usual!

- A review of "Medical Guidelines"' codex

- Introducing Steam's Workshop compatibility (later in the release)

- Many more features to be announced soon....!

Release schedule for 0.0.20:

- November 30th for 20$+ patrons

- December 7th for 10$+ patrons

- December 15th for 5$+ patrons

- December 22nd for 3$+ patrons

- December 25th on , , , etc.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
That's Rita. Old, old character. Probably since 0.0.0.1...
I thought that at first, because the hair is the same, but she looks like 13 or 14 years old. Really doll-faced. Maybe is just this image, because the make-up or something, I don't know.

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
Remove the Maker link from the thread it is a scam site and the creators no longer receive the money people give them over there. I heard it is even down now not sure don't care. This is just a PSA.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Remove the Maker link from the thread it is a scam site and the creators no longer receive the money people give them over there. I heard it is even down now not sure don't care. This is just a PSA.
what links? all the contact links in the OP are official pages for the dev.
If you are talking about the link for the game, they are going to stay.

thanks

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
what links? all the contact links in the OP are official pages for the dev.
If you are talking about the link for the game, they are going to stay.

thanks
i removed the link he was talking about :)

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Yep, I completely forgot to tell you I'm no longer on MakerSupport, that project marooned shortly after its creation.

Reactions: GroPin
Mar 1, 2018
Wow @Bruni Multimedia I must say I'm really impressed with what you have done with this game.I haven't played this since 0.10 or so, but I followed your updates on game progress, because I waited for more content, and oh boy did you deliver! Everything about this game feels great. I'm digging the new UI, because it fits perfectly with theme in this game. Story is still great with lots of new content, and I really like remodel of doctor you did. It still got that same vibe about him, yet he feels more natural now. Keep polishing this diamond you got here.
Having said this I may have run into 2 bugs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes