3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
Congrat on the Baby, love the medical play and the slow roll on the family. please make the romancing the sister romantic and thougtful.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Yeah, as you can see to have some kind of serious relationship with your sister/cousin you'll need to make the right choices in all the different story arcs that will involve her. :)

I prefer a game that builds up sexual tension than a game that makes every girl a slut starving for sex (there will be also girls like that, just like in real life, but they are certainly not the majority of them :D)

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
No it isn't. She goes to shower and you wait for her in anticipation... but you fall asleep while waiting for her.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
004 (complete) will be released for free to everyone on July 31st.

There won't be loli love or borderline ever. You can examine underage people but without any possibility to flirt with them or undress them more than underwear. Their parents, of course, are a whole different kettle of fish.

To new players, after you download the game, please tell me if you are liking it or not :)
You should take the youngsters out. It's pretty much a no-win situation for you and your game in design terms. You set up an acceptance in the player's mind that the people that they examine are malleable to their will. You play the role and can do sexual things with them. Subverting this is only going to lead to frustration for the people who want the loli content and the people who don't couldn't care either way. Essentially your current design leads to a part of your audience being frustrated by the anticipation without a payoff and the majority of your audience won't care if they are in it or not. You should either allow everything with the youngsters or take them out completely. I'd suggest taking them out as they don't seem to add any value to the gameplay and you're already sexualising them to some degree by allowing them half into the main sexual mechanic. This is about player expectation - you see the examination process as a way of finding an illness, but your players see it as a power fantasy with which they're able to dominate. So for you putting the youngsters into that position isn't sexual but as that's the main sexual mechanic, it sort of is. Trust me on this one, you're saving yourself a lot of grief down the road.

Reactions: medix

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
You should take the youngsters out. It's pretty much a no-win situation for you and your game in design terms. You set up an acceptance in the player's mind that the people that they examine are malleable to their will. You play the role and can do sexual things with them. Subverting this is only going to lead to frustration for the people who want the loli content and the people who don't couldn't care either way. Essentially your current design leads to a part of your audience being frustrated by the anticipation without a payoff and the majority of your audience won't care if they are in it or not. You should either allow everything with the youngsters or take them out completely. I'd suggest taking them out as they don't seem to add any value to the gameplay and you're already sexualising them to some degree by allowing them half into the main sexual mechanic. This is about player expectation - you see the examination process as a way of finding an illness, but your players see it as a power fantasy with which they're able to dominate. So for you putting the youngsters into that position isn't sexual but as that's the main sexual mechanic, it sort of is. Trust me on this one, you're saving yourself a lot of grief down the road.
Mmh, no, we have already talked about this in this very thread and I was very clear about all this both on Patreon (I lost count of the posts about this), here and in the game itself.
The medical part aims to be a simulation. You will examine men and women, toddlers, children, preteens, teens, young adults, adults and elderly people. Underage people won't be made naked (it clearly states that many times) nor you can flirt with them.
People can choose if they like it or not, and honestly that's the only part of my game where ppl's opinions I couldn't care less. I don't care about pedo's expectations, I only care about people playing my game, having fun with it and, why not, masturbate with the fantasies it might evoke on them.

I also don't care about any North Carolina judge or any hacker that will introduce pedo mechanics in my game, because that's not what I'm doing with it in the first place. You can examine patients, flirt with some of them (not all, it would require me to write about 700 story arcs, I'm not Bethesda nor Bioware) and follow story arcs.

If you want the medical simulation only there's a game mode completely made of them without any story content. If you don't like sex or sexual acts there will be Vanilla mode.

It's written everywhere that underage people are not sexualized in the game. Is someone, even a 5000$ patron, doesn't like this...

"Take a look, Simba. The vastness of the fuck I care for..."

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Like real life the only people who will see pedo content in anything are pedos
There is no non adult content in this game if people see any I would assume thats their imagination and the problem is in them not the game

Reactions: GroPin

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
It's written everywhere that underage people are not sexualized in the game
Just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean that it's true for everyone. Game designers have unintended consequences and message all the time.

Again - you might see the medical part as a simulation but that is not what a vast number of your userbase sees it as which is the important point. I'm no expert on adult games, although I've been researching more into the area in the past 6 months and how players tick, but the games primarily serve as masturbation aids and the mechanics or story inform that.

This has been going around the pseudo-intellectuals in game development for a while but it's an idea called ludonarrative dissonance - where the game mechanics tell you one thing and the actual language in the game such as the story or the narration tells you almost the opposite. The medical examination is a power fantasy of sorts. This is why people are playing your game. They aren't playing it for a chance to diagnose ear infections, surely you realise this? You aren't making Life or Death; the medical stuff is a gateway to the sexual content.

And as the central sexual mechanic in the game, the thing that opens up the sexual world to the player in terms of each model, the examination stuff is the root of that fantasy. When you shoehorn in other characters into that, whether that be kids or dogs or Jesus Christ's half-cousin Jim, they are immediately sexualised whether you like it or not because you've just spent the entire first act educating the player about it as a sexual mechanic. You can't say that a mechanic is sexual only sometimes and not when you don't want it to be, this isn't how player engagement works.

"Take a look, Simba. The vastness of the fuck I care for..."
Listen I was trying to have a conversation about your game design choices and give you some friendly advice about consistency to make you think about your choices a bit deeper. If you want to take some condescending stand over this and be a dick about things then forget it. This isn't particularly my kink of game and if I'm deadly honest I don't really care if you make the game with kids, don't make the game with kids, don't make the game at all or jump off the nearest roof any more than you care if I do. Take the advice from someone who has been doing this for about 20 years or alternatively make snarky posts on a forum people come on to wank off to and feel superior about yourself. Either way it's not really a concern of mine.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean that it's true for everyone. Game designers have unintended consequences and message all the time.
I'm responsible for what I say and write, not for what someone might think about it.

Again - you might see the medical part as a simulation but that is not what a vast number of your userbase sees it as which is the important point. I'm no expert on adult games, although I've been researching more into the area in the past 6 months and how players tick, but the games primarily serve as masturbation aids and the mechanics or story inform that.
Most Patreon games are what you're saying they are. Mine though aims to be something different.

The medical examination is a power fantasy of sorts. This is why people are playing your game. They aren't playing it for a chance to diagnose ear infections, surely you realise this? You aren't making Life or Death; the medical stuff is a gateway to the sexual content.
That's right. I'm not making Life or Death, I'm making a game which resembles more "Emergency Room" of Legacy Games, with an adult visual novel story behind it.

And as the central sexual mechanic in the game, the thing that opens up the sexual world to the player in terms of each model, the examination stuff is the root of that fantasy. When you shoehorn in other characters into that, whether that be kids or dogs or Jesus Christ's half-cousin Jim, they are immediately sexualised whether you like it or not because you've just spent the entire first act educating the player about it as a sexual mechanic.
This is a lie. The first half of the game is not about sexual mechanics of any sort...

You can't say that a mechanic is sexual only sometimes and not when you don't want it to be, this isn't how player engagement works.
If you have NO CHOICE of having some sort of sexual relationship with a character you won't have it. It's as simple as that.

Listen I was trying to have a conversation about your game design choices and give you some friendly advice about consistency to make you think about your choices a bit deeper. If you want to take some condescending stand over this and be a dick about things then forget it. This isn't particularly my kink of game and if I'm deadly honest I don't really care if you make the game with kids, don't make the game with kids, don't make the game at all or jump off the nearest roof any more than you care if I do. Take the advice from someone who has been doing this for about 20 years or alternatively make snarky posts on a forum people come on to wank off to and feel superior about yourself. Either way it's not really a concern of mine.
While I appreciate every suggestion I don't appreciate people that don't want to listen or care to read the whole topic (or my Patreon introduction) and pretend to tell me what I should develop.

I don't have anything against you, I just want people to understand what is General Practitioner.

General Practitioner aims (for now just aims) to be a visual novel and a simulation of a job. I have many ideas for games like this one, one which involves being a police officer and one which involves being a "Star Academy" cadet. They will be developed when I will finish this game. Because I WILL finish this game and not just milk money from people:

My game is for a niche of people, I know. That's why I have about 91 patrons and other games with much more nudity and sex have 3000 patrons. I'm willingly not talking about money, because that's not the correct meter of judgment on Patreon in my opinion.

Why am I doing this? Because while browsing adult games I always found the same three main categories of games:
1) Big boobed girls hungry for sex who'll fuck with you no matter what you do
2) Games with a duration of 15 minutes with releases every three months for another 2 minutes of gameplay
3) Games with a decent story but horrible images

I was looking for a medical themed game too, because after Emergency Room every other medical game sucked so much I couldn't stand it. Since I'm a programmer (not a video-game one, my job involves accountancy software) I said to myself: "Why don't you make the game of your dreams by yourself?" and there I began writing GP.

I know that people would like more sex, more cumshots, more loli and more boobs, they will get some of this in time (except for loli, sorry), but they will also get a (hopefully) enjoyable gameplay experience. I'm aware that this might mean about 3000$ less on patron's money, but I don't care. I would have developed this game for 10$, I expected that much after 6 months, believe me. I'm truly overwhelmed by how many people are paying to pledge my game, my idea and how many more people are also playing it and enjoying themselves.

That's will be my final say about loli content and underage examinations. Whoever in the future will bring up the issue will be redirected here by myself. I'm open to every kind of suggestion, as long it isn't based on nonsense.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Oh, and judging by the views and replies of this thread this is one of the most watched games in F95Zone. That's pretty amazing for a two months old 0.0.4 game. I'm not thinking of myself as superior to anyone, but I also know when to be proud of my work.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I noticed a bug somehow I was able to get both scenes after taking a picture with her panties down. I got teleported to a date with sis after already screwing ex friend.

Also there is a bug somewhere regarding adomnen with one of patients getting -1 despite the flavor text indicating the test was necessary it was one of the early ones.

Problem with these incomplete games is you are not sure when the grind is supposed to end. I never got to visit the construction worker for the church tried gym. Not sure why is it not triggering.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I noticed a bug somehow I was able to get both scenes after taking a picture with her panties down. I got teleported to a date with sis after already screwing ex friend.
Yeah, that's already being corrected in next monday's release. Thanks.

Also there is a bug somewhere regarding adomnen with one of patients getting -1 despite the flavor text indicating the test was necessary it was one of the early ones.
Do you remember which patient?

Problem with these incomplete games is you are not sure when the grind is supposed to end. I never got to visit the construction worker for the church tried gym. Not sure why is it not triggering.
That's why changelogs are there for. The construction worker quest doesn't trigger because it is still not available. Father Torque's story arc will be developed further in future updates.
I don't understand about the "grind" you say. I'm trying to make the game as less grindy as possible, and it will be over after 6 examinations and the Trip to Seattle story arc, or on June 30th (in-game time). Continuing after June 30th will bring you to the ending screens.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Hey Bruni M... just thought I would let you know about a feature on this forum I use a lot - the "ignore" button!! Click on the relevant user name, click 'ignore' & Hey Presto!!! No more annoying posts!! Voila...

Reactions: Shades19
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes