3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
The fix won't repair the savegame, that's impossible. When you load the corrupted save you will need to exit the shop, then perform some activity then save again. From that point forward the game will behave normally.

The fix won't restore the rollback feature, that's not what it does, atm there's no way to restore the rollback feature (which is still intended to be removed from the final game in fact, hence this is not a high-priority bug).

Frexxy

Mar 29, 2018
Which version are you playing? This was fixed in the latest updates, I fear that something must have gone wrong (Elisa's pregnancy was rewritten between 0.0.12 and 0.0.20 and this caused a mess with older saves).
I am actually playing it off Steam so the current update and I have started a new game off 0.020.13 update i beleive

shaolao

Jul 1, 2018
The fix won't repair the savegame, that's impossible. When you load the corrupted save you will need to exit the shop, then perform some activity then save again. From that point forward the game will behave normally.

The fix won't restore the rollback feature, that's not what it does, atm there's no way to restore the rollback feature (which is still intended to be removed from the final game in fact, hence this is not a high-priority bug).
Same story for me, even after applying the fix the game still breaks after the first shop purchase, even in a clean new game data

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

You should really not remove the rollback feature. Never. It's a mistake so many devs make, but I haven't encountered one player who wasn't annoyed by not being able to go back to a previous choice without loading a save game every time.

You should think about it, would you enjoy a game where you have to constantly reload, just because you want to find the best way through the story?
And we are not talking a game like XCOM, where you have to reload your game to find better strategies to let your team survive, but a visual novel.
I really don't get why not every devs sees removing the rollback feature as the error it is.

Edited to add: I hope this doesn't read as if I'm angry or aggressive, because I'm not, I just want to make sure you understand my point.
I play so many VNs, Western and Japanese and not having a rollback or go back to previous choice function is always incredibly annoying.

Reactions: robbinrobbie

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
With fix applied I still get the following error, when I try to buy a car:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/items.rpy", line 805, in script
    $ charme += 45
  File "game/items.rpy", line 805, in <module>
    $ charme += 45
NameError: name 'charme' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ charme += 45
  File "N:\DOWNLOADS\General_Practitioner-0021_003-market\General_Practitioner-0.0.21_004-market\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "N:\DOWNLOADS\General_Practitioner-0021_003-market\General_Practitioner-0.0.21_004-market\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ charme += 45

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
General Practitioner 0.0.21_003
Fri Jan 18 00:55:22 2019
And the saves still return to the shop afterwards, no matter where and when I save.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Btw. just to add to it - i too get an error when unpacking the fix.zio (and i'm using the newest 7zip. Redownloaded it a few mins ago just to be sure) and the data that gets unpacked (6 files?) doesn't seem to fix the shop-bug.

Avariz

Dec 20, 2017
With fix applied I still get the following error, when I try to buy a car:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ charme += 45
    $ charme += 45

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ charme += 45
  File "N:\DOWNLOADS\General_Practitioner-0021_003-market\General_Practitioner-0.0.21_004-market\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "N:\DOWNLOADS\General_Practitioner-0021_003-market\General_Practitioner-0.0.21_004-market\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ charme += 45

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
General Practitioner 0.0.21_003
Fri Jan 18 00:55:22 2019
And the saves still return to the shop afterwards, no matter where and when I save.
OPen the items.rpy find the word charme and change all to charm. save.
Also, if you notice that any car you buy will say that you bought the "New Beatle", you can also change that option in the same item.rpy file.

Reactions: botc76

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I repacked the zip, this is the latest one. It was double-checked that the shop issue was fixed with it. If it doesn't I suggest you to wait for someone to post the newest full update, since that's working, and to load a save prior to visiting the shop.

I used 7zip to zip the file.

Can't help you more than this, since now the game's working (it should also fix the broken save if you followed my instructions I posted earlier, but I can't guarantee it I'm only guessing given the behavior on my machine).

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes