Game Developer
May 24, 2017
With fix applied I still get the following error, when I try to buy a car:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
General Practitioner 0.0.21_003
Fri Jan 18 00:55:22 2019
[/code]

And the saves still return to the shop afterwards, no matter where and when I save.
You haven't applied the fix, since it also contains an "option.rpyx" file which takes the game to 0.0.21_004.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Also, a VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember: if you unpacked the .rpy files with the unren tool the fix will be overwritten EVERY TIME you load the game, since ren'py recompiles all .rpy files into .rpyx

You can't have any .rpy files in your game folder, else the fix cannot work!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You haven't applied the fix, since it also contains an "option.rpyx" file which takes the game to 0.0.21_004.

Well, I downloaded the archive you provided, unpacked it and dropped it in the General Practitioner/game folder , where I allowed it to overwrite existing files. as is the usual way with fixes and mods for ren'py.

I can't say more than that.

vexx94

May 14, 2017
Well, I downloaded the archive you provided, unpacked it and dropped it in the General Practitioner/game folder , where I allowed it to overwrite existing files. as is the usual way with fixes and mods for ren'py.

I can't say more than that.
Same here i've deleted the game, saves, redownloaded applied the fix and once i go to the shop and save the game it gets bugged again.. sending me to the shop every time i load.

If you have .rpy files in the game folder that's the issue. Check against that please.
Meaning? Do i have to delete every rpy in game folder? I haven't touched the rpy with unren whatever that is

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
You shouldn't have any .rpy file there at all
.rpyx files are the only one which should be there.

Zahonan

Nov 24, 2018
OK I found an issue. I don't know if it's just me or a known bug, but here it is. On the latest version I went to shop online. I exited the shop and moved on to the next day. After shopping though, I couldn't scroll back anymore. Not even to one scene back. Is there a fix about that? Something I can do? I reinstalled the game but didn't change a thing.
I also have the same issues as the people above if I save the game after he shop. But if I save before the shop and then not visit it, the game continues normally but well... Obviously I don't have the equipment needed...
And I also have a ton of .rpy files in the game folder so I ask too. Do I have to find them all and delete them?

Avariz

Dec 20, 2017
I repacked the zip, this is the latest one. It was double-checked that the shop issue was fixed with it. If it doesn't I suggest you to wait for someone to post the newest full update, since that's working, and to load a save prior to visiting the shop.

I used 7zip to zip the file.

Can't help you more than this, since now the game's working (it should also fix the broken save if you followed my instructions I posted earlier, but I can't guarantee it I'm only guessing given the behavior on my machine).
This has more files than the previous fixes. lets hope this works. thanks man.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Same here i've deleted the game, saves, redownloaded applied the fix and once i go to the shop and save the game it gets bugged again.. sending me to the shop every time i load.

Meaning? Do i have to delete every rpy in game folder? I haven't touched the rpy with unren whatever that is
If you have .rpy files in the game folder that's the issue. Check against that please.

Will do, thank you for taking the time to try to help. It is much appreciated.
I hope I didn't seem unfriendly, I am just tired and English isn't my native tongue and of course the matter of how to convey intent in a forum is always an issue.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Will do, thank you for taking the time to try to help. It is much appreciated.
I hope I didn't seem unfriendly, I am just tired and English isn't my native tongue and of course the matter of how to convey intent in a forum is always an issue.
I understand you quite well , don't worry about it :D

Reactions: botc76

Zahonan

Nov 24, 2018
One more question. I deleted the game folder just as it was, and the zipped one. But when I redownloaded it, the save was still there. There are no files in my 'documents' so I guess there are more stored files somewhere? If there are, I would like to know where they are located cause I really want to make a clean install... thank you in advance.

Avariz

Dec 20, 2017
One more question. I deleted the game folder just as it was, and the zipped one. But when I redownloaded it, the save was still there. There are no files in my 'documents' so I guess there are more stored files somewhere? If there are, I would like to know where they are located cause I really want to make a clean install... thank you in advance.
Well first open your file explorer. Make sure the hidden files are visible. Then follow the path below.
C:\Users\"WindowsAccountName"l\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
you should find the GP folder there with the saves (and all other 1000+ renpy game saves you have there because you're a naughty boy. Hahaha!)

Avariz

Dec 20, 2017
Deleting all the .rpy in the games folder didn't fix the problem for me. Guess, I'll just wait for the next release.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Tipically they are under

:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\General_Practitioner_xx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can delete that folder as well.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Deleting all the .rpy in the games folder didn't fix the problem for me. Guess, I'll just wait for the next release.
After deleting them you also need to re-apply the fix (attached again here), because the .rpyx files were likely overwritten.

Reactions: Avariz

Zahonan

Nov 24, 2018
Well first open your file explorer. Make sure the hidden files are visible. Then follow the path below.
C:\Users\"WindowsAccountName"l\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
you should find the GP folder there with the saves (and all other 1000+ renpy game saves you have there because you're a naughty boy. Hahaha!)
LOL you know me :p
And thanks!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Yeah, every month is the same issue with fixes. RPY files are bad*, that's why they aren't included in releases.

*Actually they are not, they just do their job, but they are not meant to be there :D

Dave2504

Nov 17, 2018
I'm encountering two bugs in the latest version:
- whenever I work in the hospital I get the Robyn Franklin case, over and over again
- selecting the EEN investigation in any patient reports the back investigation results

Apologies if they have been reported already!

Haren

Sep 12, 2018
Hi guys!
First off I'd like to say a great thank you to the developer, as I'm a medical student myself this game is double interesting to me! I hoped to check it out before I decided on paying for the app on Steam.

I did encounter a problem though - since there is no installation guide for Mac OS version I assumed I only need to unpack the .rar file and head into play. When I do so however I receive a pop-up saying 'The application can't be opened''. Does anyone know the reason and a possible fix? Sorry if it's been reported before, can't really go through 170 pages on the thread :p

Reactions: JKnight23
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes