3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thanks polywog, very appreciated! Rita's last picture is a bit gross though... :D

v0.0.3b Errors:
the file bg.png is not fixed - correct version in
the file gray.png is not fixed - correct version in
the file erika_sad.png is not fixed - correct version in
Do we really need _Copertina.png?

P.S. Did you intentionally remove the *.rpc files? If so can you tell me how close did I come in reverse engineering this one?
Thanks, I'll check those out asap.
I removed the rpy files because I read on fuwanovel forums that the game is faster when accessing rpyc directly. Why do you need the rpc? I can provide you the original if you like, I'm just curious.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Thanks polywog, very appreciated! Rita's last picture is a bit gross though... :D

Thanks, I'll check those out asap.
I removed the rpy files because I read on fuwanovel forums that the game is faster when accessing rpyc directly. Why do you need the rpc? I can provide you the original if you like, I'm just curious.
If you don't have the stomach for a couple of parasites, maybe the medical profession isn't for you. lol

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
So, is someone willing to test Mac version? I can send you the links for it.

I oughta warn you that since I don't own a Mac the game could even crash right from the start, so whoever wants to "try it" is doing that to help me develop a stable version for Mac too. Don't be harsh if it doesn't work at all! :D

Any mac user volounteers? :D

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

In General Practitioner every choice opens up new paths to explore. Don't be afraid to choose: you're going to discover new characters and situations with every choice. And if you want to walk a different path you can play it again to discover what you missed on your first playthrough!

In version 0.0.4, "Trip to Seattle" you'll get to choose who you'll invite for a nice dinner: your beautiful and loving sister or Elisa, the crush from med school?

The choice is yours!

As I promised in my Patreon's goals when I reached 200$ I began to develop hospital examinations. Your character will be tasked to help at the local hospital with a dedicated story arc. This will increase his knowledge, bring more patients at the clinic and new story arcs and examinations in the game. Besides, you will encounter many life-threatening situations for your patients that are uncommon in private practice..

This examinations will be avalaible starting from next August if the 200$ goal is confirmed (every Patron could revoke his pledge before the first day of the month, thus canceling the goal).

Working on new gameplay is very time consuming, I have a job and a family I need to care for, so it's something I'm gonna do if the players like the idea and support it. Of course the general game will still be developed nonetheless, this is an added feature I'm glad to develop with you and for you.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
Can we get knowledge as a reward on top of the extra money for doing a perfect job in examining the patient?

If its not too much trouble and time consuming, any chance of a walkthrough or a simple guideline of what events are available at which day?

Thank you.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
The Changelog clearly states when an event is due to start, so it's already avalaible. :)
It's also VERY important to read it because it can help you to understand what's in the game as a whole.

For a walkthrough I think is a bit early, because there are no complex events so far and for the examinations part there's the Codex which can help you sort out things.

What do you think about the game itself?

Reactions: Nork

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
I like the game a lot.

I am assuming its because its still very early but in the clinic you can't interact with the nurse at all, IIRC aside from the first time you can ask her about the game you only get to see her again when the overdosed patient shows up near the end of this version.

The stats don't mention what they do, if I have high knowledge for example do I catch hidden diseases or give better explanation to ease the patient or narrow the options available to ask and examine to the correct ones.

Will be cool to get the patient's trust and any other possible future emotions listed in the codex as well.

Thank you.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thanks for the feedback.
Nurse Lawley's interactions will be implemented in future updates of course. I had patrons choose by a poll which story arc they wanted to be developed in the next version and the choices included Nurse Lawley's one. However they chose to continue the sister/cousin story arc so that's what'll be present in 0.0.4 (nicknamed Trip to Seattle).

The stats are a mere placeholder for now, since I still haven't decided fully which role they'll have on the overall experience. This is still an alpha so even gameplay elements could change a lot between releases. For now you can't do much with them and so they aren't explained nor developed further.

I can include in the codex further elements, that's a very nice idea.

Reactions: Goldfish

petedragon

May 4, 2017
Just keep them guessing Bruni. You are off to a good start quite enjoyable so far. Certainly nothing wrong with developing as you go and fleshing out your original idea.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
It seems you got some misleading info, the game is slower when you don't have the *.rpyc files because then it needs to compile them. If they are there and the *.rpy files weren't modified it'll start as fast. I don't need them per se, but it's much easier for me to see what changed between versions if I don't have to spend time reverse engineer the *.rpyc files in order to see the differences (+ it's easier to spot errors in the original code because there is always a chance for errors while REing the *.rpyc files).

P.S. The only reason to remove them is to prevent the normal users from looking in them, but considering how easy it is to RE them I don't see the point.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I don't care if the normal user "sees" them, I only did that for the speed.

Also I don't understand why you need to waste time looking for changes in the code rather than read the changelog... isn't that faster?

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I don't care if the normal user "sees" them, I only did that for the speed.

Also I don't understand why you need to waste time looking for changes in the code rather than read the changelog... isn't that faster?
Not if you want to check for bugs or learn from other people's code.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
In the next release, if the speed things is not working like you said, I will keep them in the game directory.

Reactions: gue5t

JackTheJacker

May 2, 2017
great game, i found it quite good to play, still not ended but im a perfectionist so i redo everything multiple times.
Also as a med student i ought to give a few pieces of advice, in relation to the dog bite case: i wont indulge on talks about the cream but considering the situation a topical disinfectant would be a better choice to the analgesic cream on a skin that has stitches, also about the antibiotic, unless a serious bite that went really deep or you had a important location, you wont use a profilatic antibiotics. (Got that wrong because of that :p)
Also to report a bug, after having the examination of the boy, the mood of the mother stay on the top corner and covers the money display.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thanks for the advice. My own souce suggested antibiotics for that, maybe I didn't tell him that the bite wasn't so serious (I also need to apply the proper graphic to it yet).

The bug you're mentioning has already been reported and I fixed it for the next release.

Keep following the updates and thank you again! :D

Reactions: TCMS

flar

Aug 17, 2016
imho you should reconsider stories with kids.
are you not afraid modders/hackers with a pedo agenda will use your game and take it to a dark place?
and i mean really dark..

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes