3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Jon Grey

Jan 17, 2018
How big is the update from 0.09 to 0.09c? The original file was only around 650MB and I downloaded it in a matter of minutes. But when I opened the game and clicked update, it failed the first 2 times. But then it started. Now it's been 2 hours and the bar has moved only some 15%. Is there some way to circumvent this? Is it possible to download the update as a patch?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Hadn't played in a while. Surprised by the content added. Good job mate :)

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
How big is the update from 0.09 to 0.09c? The original file was only around 650MB and I downloaded it in a matter of minutes. But when I opened the game and clicked update, it failed the first 2 times. But then it started. Now it's been 2 hours and the bar has moved only some 15%. Is there some way to circumvent this? Is it possible to download the update as a patch?
You don't need the update feature, since the latest free build contains 009c too!
You can find it on the download section of or on itch.io

That's the latest official release, way better than the one linked in the first topic which is outdated.
On Patreon I also posted (public post ofc) two small fix to apply to that release, if you're interested. :)

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

Hey guys!

Big news ahead since I reached an agreement with awesome graphic designer Laura "sasquatchii" Henderson to draw User Interface and screens for the game!

In case you never heard of her take a look at her online portfolio:

You can also have a look at some sketches she made for games and other projects by following her Twitter:

I'm very excited about this since it will surely bring fresh air and a beautiful, exclusive look at the whole project!

The new UI will be introduced in the game over the next updates, so expect some changes in between releases as I try to fit both the old one and the new one, until the old one will be completely re-done. Please also be patient with any bugs that may arise, this is a work in progress after all :)

This comes after the OST both in the game and for 10$ patrons yesterday, and it shows a hint of what I'm going to do with this project and the ones that will come!

Expect some big news in the coming months too! So keep following me if you like!

PS: the image above is from another work of sasquatchii, not an actual screen of GP.

Reactions: UncleVT

Jon Grey

Jan 17, 2018
You don't need the update feature, since the latest free build contains 009c too!
You can find it on the download section of or on itch.io

That's the latest official release, way better than the one linked in the first topic which is outdated.
On Patreon I also posted (public post ofc) two small fix to apply to that release, if you're interested. :)
Thank You. That's exactly what I did yesterday. It was interesting. I am a doctor already. So its more fun to play.

First I would like to report a bug. When I am dating Eliza, And when I take her to the movies, all options result in an error. I dont have screenshots to back my story. There was an option to skip the error and it fast forwarded to a scene in the bedroom or so. Don't now if there is already a bug for this one.

Secondly, I would like to make some suggestions.
1. I wish there was a thorough walkthrough. Its obvious you spend a lot of time and resources to make this happen. But since its RPG oriented and our choices define the outcome, some of your work is going totally unnoticed. For example, When I played once, I had no idea there was a sister/cousin arc. So I had to go way past it, then start again from the beginning to play that arc. So if there is a walkthrough, we would be sure to experience all your work

2. I wish there is an in game "Story tree". Like a flow cart with bookmarks for the important diversions in the story arc. So that when we finish one story arc, we can go back to the checkpoint and continue the other arc too.

3. It would be better of the saved file names contains the in game date and time instead/along with the pc time. Since there is no tree, Now I had to make different checkpoints so that I can load them later and its really confusing if the names are only the system time.

I'm not sure how feasible these ideas are. I'm just a fan with some suggestions. Hope to see this game get better day by day. Congrats, keep up the good work.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thank you for your envaluable feedback.
1- Wait a few days, I'm going to announce something... :)
2- Cool idea! I'll see if I can get along something over the next months
3- Undoable because of how Ren'Py saves the game. Sorry :(

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

Released in 0.0.10b next Tuesday will be the "Gym Random Encounters". The gym mechanic itself will be modified.
How will they work?

Each time you go to the gym in game you earn 1 to 5 fitness points. Fitness is a new stat in the game and will be quite useful for your success in late-game difficult examinations, and also to meet certain objectives.

Also, when going to the gym there will be a 35% chance to meet one out of five new characters who attend the gym. You can either increase or decrease that chance by buying certain items in the item shop.

Depending on the character they will be interested in something in particular, while giving you the chance to earn something else.

Let's take Daniel for example. Whenever you find him at the gym he will talk to you about charme and fashion. He will pose you a "challenge" randomly chosen from 5 different difficulty levels. It's up to you to learn by trial and error if you're ready to challenge him.

If your charme is high enough you will be rewarded with "fame" for your clinic. The number of points earned will vary depending on the difficulty of the challenge itself. If it is not your own charme will decrease by 5 points. It's always up to you to accept or decline the "challenge".

The characters you can meet are the following ones. Others may be added to the game in future updates:

Koola is interested in Fitness -> increases Money
Stephen is interested in Sexperience -> increases Charme
Daniel is interested in Charme -> increases Fame
Penny is interested in Knowledge -> increases Integrity
Elsa is interested in Fame -> increases Knowledge

If you bet the fifth and most difficult challenge you will unlock a special event with each character. This though will be included in a future update.

I hope you'll have much fun with this new addition to the game!

Be safe and healthy!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

I developed a new introduction to the game, which will introduce your character and give you the first few hints about the main plot of the game. I won't spoiler anything of course.

The intro features sound effects, so be advised to keep your device's volume at an acceptable range to avoid surprises :)

The game will also accept blank names starting from now on. If you don't input your name and informations you'll be play as Dr. Philip Jones, your sister's name will be Claudia and your niece's will be Alex.

I will add new layers of story as updates go live. General Practitioner is a Visual Novel after all, even if it's of a different kind. And what would be a Visual Novel without a nice plot to explore?

Thank you for following me. Remember to add my and to your favourites!

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Not trying to peek on Alex Jones in the shower, sorry. :WutFace:

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018

Released in 0.0.10b next Tuesday will be the "Gym Random Encounters". The gym mechanic itself will be modified.
How will they work?

Each time you go to the gym in game you earn 1 to 5 fitness points. Fitness is a new stat in the game and will be quite useful for your success in late-game difficult examinations, and also to meet certain objectives.

Also, when going to the gym there will be a 35% chance to meet one out of five new characters who attend the gym. You can either increase or decrease that chance by buying certain items in the item shop.

Depending on the character they will be interested in something in particular, while giving you the chance to earn something else.

Let's take Daniel for example. Whenever you find him at the gym he will talk to you about charme and fashion. He will pose you a "challenge" randomly chosen from 5 different difficulty levels. It's up to you to learn by trial and error if you're ready to challenge him.

If your charme is high enough you will be rewarded with "fame" for your clinic. The number of points earned will vary depending on the difficulty of the challenge itself. If it is not your own charme will decrease by 5 points. It's always up to you to accept or decline the "challenge".

The characters you can meet are the following ones. Others may be added to the game in future updates:

Koola is interested in Fitness -> increases Money
Stephen
is interested in Sexperience -> increases Charme
Daniel
is interested in Charme -> increases Fame
Penny
is interested in Knowledge -> increases Integrity
Elsa
is interested in Fame -> increases Knowledge

If you bet the fifth and most difficult challenge you will unlock a special event with each character. This though will be included in a future update.

I hope you'll have much fun with this new addition to the game!

Be safe and healthy!

Good to see Kelly from V Dates making an appearance :)

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes