Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
Is there any solution to the name changing problem? or will there be any? Because I can't start playing the game right now due to not being able to immerse into it fully.

Solensis

Genesis Creator
Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Glad to hear that!!! I know that "someone"
It was actually someone else who found the cause of the problem in private message because they investigated the source code. It's actually because I added two useless lines of codes in the Sub-Stories that changed the name of MC back to Aiden.

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
Yes it will be fixed in the next update thanks to someone who found the flaw in my code.
I feel like I'm asking too much without knowing anything about coding but is there no way for you to just change the code and quickly upload the file here in the forum? Because the game looks very promising and I love a world where the character I'm playing can use some kind of supernatural ability, I feel like I can't wait to play the game.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I have to say I was really excited when episode 20 went public. But my name is changed to Aiden. And idk if its just me alone, but I cannot stand that. I even downloaded an earlier version just to use a different name then load a save off that one. Turns out that doesn't even stop this bug. The name somehow persistently changes back to Aiden.

I've been holdin' out for the next public version of the game.

OZB!

Dec 5, 2020
I am completely enjoying this game so far but i have a bit of an issue. During the fight with the lady vampire, i get this error code when picking whose power to finish her off with. Any suggestions?

Solensis

Genesis Creator
Game Developer
May 31, 2020
I have to say I was really excited when episode 20 went public. But my name is changed to Aiden. And idk if its just me alone, but I cannot stand that. I even downloaded an earlier version just to use a different name then load a save off that one. Turns out that doesn't even stop this bug. The name somehow persistently changes back to Aiden.

I've been holdin' out for the next public version of the game.
It's fixed on the new version I'm working on right now, it was mainly due to the use of two other lines of code for the side stories that made the name bug. When I will upload the Episode 21 for Patrons, I'll fix the Public Version as well since it takes time to upload for me. Next update is around the corner.

I am completely enjoying this game so far but i have a bit of an issue. During the fight with the lady vampire, i get this error code when picking whose power to finish her off with. Any suggestions?
Yes, it's because I changed when the Path points were defined and for them to be accepted, you have to restart the whole game if you used a save but you can just click on ignore if you want since people will have to restart once the rework is out.

Reactions: KingWeWuz

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
It's fixed on the new version I'm working on right now, it was mainly due to the use of two other lines of code for the side stories that made the name bug. When I will upload the Episode 21 for Patrons, I'll fix the Public Version as well since it takes time to upload for me. Next update is around the corner.

Yes, it's because I changed when the Path points were defined and for them to be accepted, you have to restart the whole game if you used a save but you can just click on ignore if you want since people will have to restart once the rework is out.
Need to restart again ?? Bummer. I think i already restarted one time.....

Fallow Milk

Jun 24, 2017
Why does he main character name appears as Aiden even when we enter any different name?
Answered above.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
When I will upload the Episode 21 for Patrons, I'll fix the Public Version as well since it takes time to upload for me.
Looks like you released 21 about 23 days ago on your patreon, did you upload a public fix yet?

Solensis

Genesis Creator
Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Looks like you released 21 about 23 days ago on your patreon, did you upload a public fix yet?
No, I will upload it with the rework version since to fix the name, the player will have to restart the story so might as well restart with all the new content. The rework version + Episode 21 will be out for Public at the end of March.

Last edited:

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
No, I will upload it with the rework version since to fix the name, the player will have to restart the story so might as well restart with all the new content. The rework version + Episode 21 will be out for Public at the end of March.
I don't mean to be an ass but the End of March is my birthday and i was looking forward to the update, but is now the middle of April what is the hold up

Last edited:

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
not sure why you need to start a new game to change MC name when we have mods that let you change at any point during gameplay.. but new filler content for older episodes aint bad in general.. just hope it gets here soon lol..

Reactions: Burgh917

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Discord says Wednesday next week, so hopefully the 13th but if not then the 20th for a public release.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I don't mean to be an ass but the March is my birthday and i was looking forward to the update, but is now the middle of April what is the hold up
He doesn't post updates here very often. This game is updated for the patrons more regularly. Usually what happens is a few chapters come out, once the Dev feels the patrons are enough chapters ahead, then they get released here.

3.20 star(s) 38 Votes